Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

apseudonym posted:

PVP. Goons are woefully unready for land PVP and no amount of money will fix that.

Whatever happened to farming event gear for our tanks? Did all the other healers quit because they were sick of paying respec and repair costs for gear that wouldn't benefit them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Healers are hard to level up, and basically useless in solo PVE.

Roll a Caretaker (Defense, Songcraft, Vitalism) when you hit level ten. Basic rotation is Startling Strain, Critical Discord, Critical Discord, Critical Discord, Critical Discord.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is fishing as dumb as mining in eve and if so lmbo at all this drama over that

You watch the fish's health bar to see what buff it's using and respond with the appropriate skill from the fishing toolbar. Once it's dead it turns into a tradepack that can be cashed in for a ton of money. It's the fastest way to make money in the game, so people who want to fish generally don't want to do anything else. there have been a few shouting matches over mumble between goons who want to earn low-effort gold and goons who need numbers for pvp, world bosses and events, etc.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Widestancer posted:

What do I need to update in the OP, friends? I promised to be a good shepherd for this thread and I intend on keeping that up.

How about a good summary of all that's happened since launch?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bauxite posted:

This is how we won fights at all in early age of wushu. We had piles of new players who went royal guard and just pulled people off of horses and beggars to get them all drunk so they couldn't fight back, then we stole all their books and made everyone in the game hate us.

We won fights by pushing our targets' crime up so they'd be locked in jail for hours.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dallas/comments/2jw1d1/where_to_fish_in_dfw_area/

lol

just browsing the local subreddit and what do I stumble upon

Wow, Bob, wow.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tom Steele posted:

What trade pack are you running for charcoal? trying to figure out if this is doable in calleil too

I'd recommend running a caravan of Windscour packs when it's in peace. There's a path in the southwest corner that leads to the Harani starting zone, after that it's all safe zones until you hit the ocean, all you need to worry about is the level 40 mobs in the forest.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Sure, I'm not arguing that fishing doesn't cause inflation, but I was just pointing out that "merchant ship pacts" would be even dumber because you'd get hosed by trade pack percentages and oversupply of stabilizers (when applicable). At least with fishing, you know a marlin is going to be 8-10g. With an international pack, you're looking at 5-13 charcoal at whatever the market price is. Maybe you get hosed, maybe you don't

The only way to keep other merchant guilds from driving your trade prices down is to monopolize all the land in a single zone and put down a fellowship plaza. You'll be crafting packs they can't while they're dealing with diminishing returns.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's one powerful tree.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Blue Salt quest chains give out titles that boost your skill.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

That was the most fun terrible game I've ever played

Easily exploited air dash mechanics, a puke skill that makes people drunk, the ability to learn other classes' skills, hidden quests with more obscure requirements than Pokemon hoaxes. Good times, shame Snail was so bad at managing it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I might as well come back to die in the castle wars now that I'm done with the daily event quest in Star Trek Online.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I mean when we try to capture one and fail spectacularly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

thats a pretty big book he is reading, I bet it goes into ephebophilia vs pedophilia

It's the thesaurus where he learned it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd never had a really bad experience in a goon guild outside Trion's games, but even Rift was just launch week sperging over server queues and factions.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dust in the wind. All we are is dust in the wind.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's a lot of whining, why didn't they lock that topic after the first fifty pages?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The guy who suggested fishing as an alternative to molesting children is a more appropriate South Park clip.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sword_man.xmas posted:

nah that's an image in the game files, pretty sure it has to be something that exists in the wow data

That's how it worked in Wushu. There were images that were just huge sentences, I think they were special move names. One was "I'm going to bite you!", that one got spammed a lot by people who knew how to use the injection bug.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I've never played Archeage before and I wanted to check this game out and form my own opinion. It sounds like right now is a terrible time to do that though?

I'd let you use my farm if I was sure it's still going to exist when the server comes back up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

I am going to bet even after reading that, there are a few people who think trolls are keeping people from posting in this thread, not that it is a bad game and they stopped playing.

Well yeah, whenever they try to complain about how their friends were banned from SA, the nasty old trolls show up and mock them about pedophilia because they're secretly working for a mysterious splinter guild that wants to destroy the main guild.

ArcheAge was the gift that kept on giving.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's a real dick move and I hope you get those guys back for it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

EDIT: by that I mean approach it as a fun game, not a game to dominate markets / land

The main problem with ArcheAge was how crafted gear was kind of an arms race that rewarded rich and lucky poopsockers who dumped thousands of gold into the RNG hell.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finndo posted:

Could someone explain the whole Forestcrow thing? My assumption was it was some sort of faux-clever goon plan to create a fake enemy guild.

Goons tried to take Freedich Island at launch, this happened:

Then they all poopsocked to 50 and used their hold on Freedich to increase their lead on the cash grind.

CoffeeBooze posted:

In further Archeage related news, the game has received an award as part of Massively's Best of 2014 award series. The award? Biggest Story of the Year! The news is not as good as it sounds though.

You heard it here first folks! AA is the #1 MMO dumpster fire of the year!

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/09/massivelys-best-of-2014-awards-biggest-story-of-the-year/

AA's localization was a cascade of failures and hellgrind but how did it beat Waiting for Warplots? Though I guess giving everyone their own plot of land is a point in Wildstar's favor.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ShadowMoo posted:

I need a new F2P addction, have no money for WoD :smith:

I've gone back to Star Trek Online to laugh at broken people who throw tantrums when I stand next to them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Digital Fingers posted:

Yeah this game is poo poo garbage and I quit a ~month~ ago and passed the guild bank to one of 3 friends who felt like they spent too much of their money to quit.
I think since that period about a month ago where the servers were down for 3 days I logged on maybe 4 times (b/c my guildies needed me to).

I'm playing Startrek Online now.
Basically I posted this to tell you guys to play STO instead.

As bad and grindy as STO's endgame became after the level 60 update, it's still way better than ArcheAge's endgame. Though the real endgame is annoying people online.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i asked for a reason kimsemus being kicked out of goonrathi in the star citizen thread and it went as predictably well as you might imagine from people wanting to justify wasting thousands of dollars on virtual spaceships for a game that will fail

lol

What did they say? Was it because they'd rather play with pedophiles than with people who stir up drama about pedophiles? Because he was trying to split the guild? Because he was interrupting their space fishing?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

Right now I'm shitposting on the Crowfall forums/the Crowfall topic here. I'm also playing DBZ Xenoverse, and on the 17th, Battlefield Hardline. Btw - if you are even remotely a fan of DBZ then you should pick up Xenoverse. Its fun as hell

Would if I hadn't wasted money on ArchieAge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eonwe posted:

its amazing because as unfun as Archeage turned out to be, the pirate faction was even less fun

Get locked out of practically everything in exchange for the ability to run daily quests for a month in pursuit of a title that slightly increased cannon damage? Sign me up!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

I am thinking of just telling him I canceled it which I did and it should be able to be registered in a month or so. Or should I tell him to get bent and have fun trying to prosecute me? Also if a kind goon wants to do a backorder at godaddy.com you can probably grab the domain when it goes back out to the free market. He did the trade mark right after I registered it and I didn't have to do poo poo for the entire year I had it. So I assume there's jack poo poo he can really do. Though I'm not a lawyer.

Let's keep this going.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When there are items in the cash shop or lock boxes that reduce the chance of gear failing to upgrade or outright breaking when using an upgrade scroll, the game is Pay to Win.

Especially when gear really matters for PvP.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

As bad as Aion is it was still outperforming Wildstar in their last financial statement.

Danith posted:

Holy poo poo. And wasn't Aion released 2-3 years earlier? I would think it would be a ghost town by now.

http://www.readycheck.org/en/forum/wildstar/news/ncsoft-2014-financial-results-wildstar-hits-rock-bottom/

It's probably the Asian markets propping it up.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 23, 2015

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stealing peoples' illegal crops and scamming them out of housing payments was really fun. Shame about the goons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good news for fishing addicts:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380600/

Not sure if it's any good but I'm sure it's better than ArcheAge.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Truga posted:

I'm pretty sure all your land is ~just loving gone~ because of the merges? :v:

The land itself is still there, the owners just need to reclaim it before everyone who owned it on the other servers and the rest of the game population get there.

e: Ah, nevermind

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This thread is pure gold.

quote:

Wow. loving awesome. I took today off of work specifically for this, and picked up shifts ending in a 7 day work week next week. Thanks. I won't be quitting since this game is my current crack, but seriously upset.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I wish I'd paid attention to who the people in mumble were who'd shout "NOPE, DRAMA" every time someone brought it up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I feel bad for all the whales lacking the sense to cut their losses and patronize a better game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Client-side drywall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

Naw, hobbies are just there to distract you from your impending death, along with the death of everyone you love and those who would remember your existence.

They're actually there to dull the pain of all the things you're forced to do to stall your inevitable death and make it less painful.

• Locked thread