Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
So this economy is pretty crazy. People have been complaining about lockboxes vomiting armor regrade scrolls at them and yet their price has doubled over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Widestancer posted:

Are Thunderstruck trees still hosed on pricing?

loving fishing boats man.

They still seem to hover above 300 but people have been selling them in trade chat for as "low" as ~280 per log so depending on the time of day the price fluctuates quite a bit. Seeing as how farm carts and fishing boats help you make money so much faster than just not having them it seems somewhat fair. I expect that price to go up though with Auroria because everybody and their mom will start getting farm wagons.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

30.5 Days posted:

Trees, not logs. And earlier it was down to like 1200 but it's a weekday now so it'll probably shoot back up.

As I understand it you can make four logs into one tree though, at least that's what I've been told.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

I AM BRAWW posted:

I'm interested in starting to play this but I'm always weary of MMOs with subscription based features.. It seems really sandbox-y which sounds great, but I'm wondering how just how "sandbox-y" it is. Can I, for example, have a couple negro slaves and a big house while still going out adventuring and fighting monsters?

Well if you own land you can plant what you want on it and you can have a bunch of alt accounts or friends doing manual labor on your farm. As for rolling a black character that's sort of iffy. There are skin tones but they end up looking like super tan white people or Asians. The character generator is pretty good but still has limits.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Thronde posted:

Any goons doing cooking and/or have a decent cooking guide? Seems we need someone to start churning out the cooking buffs (food/drinks) for pvp poo poo

Cooking is a lot like alchemy in terms of leveling only you get a million billion barley then craft the basic poo poo until you get to the level that lets you craft what you actually want. It's very tedious to actually do and usually you can pick up the good food for dirt cheap on the exchange anyway.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
If you've ever used the auction house for selling you might have noticed how when you're listing an item it sets itself for the lowest amount it's on sale for by default. People try to take advantage of that by listing one of those items for half of what it's worth or less trying to snipe things other people put up without checking. This almost never happens. What that means for you though is that if you have two minutes to spare you can get the materials for say Gweonid Dyed Feathers for half off just by buying the single items those people list and will keep relisting for a while before they catch on. This works for a bunch of stuff that's used a bunch and while it's not a ton of money it's still some and messes with people so I do it as much as I can.

Oh, also it's 1 labor they have to use for every item I buy.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 28, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

ruffz posted:

I caught onto this scam as soon as I noticed that things like Milk and Lemons would be going for less than half of their normal rate. With anything that seems abnormal I take 10 seconds per item and make sure the rate for large stacks lines up with the quick listing amount. In other news, I've hit the loving RNG jackpot and have got 2 Thunderstrucks in the last 24 hours from my Solzreed farms. Now to decide if I want to grind out the 250 gildas for a fishing boat, or get a farm wagon after farming some Auroria mats next week.

Well yeah but I'm saying apart of that's a thing you have to watch out for it's also a thing that can profit you "greatly" when you do. Beat them at their own game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's not all that much profit considering how much labor it takes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Bait and Swatch posted:

At 360 labor, it translates out to roughly 28g per 100 labor if 100g profit is assumed, which is really, really high given the potential consistency and the definite safety. Unless you are netting 30k fish regularly, never getting hit by pirates and have a fishing ship, it's tough to beat that ratio. Given the investment cost of a fishing ship, it becomes even more difficult.

That is if you believe the 100g profit margin, I've had trouble selling heroic desert 44 plate and am thus having trouble with the quoted number.

Edit: add to that that if you end up with lake or sunset nobody will buy it. There are maybe two or three people in the entire game who play classes that use int plate.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 29, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well fair enough but for both plate and cloth there are combinations so simply don't want. Since they moved healing to Spirit anything with int is one of them. Won't do poo poo for you except it's cheap and gives you a little extra mana but there are only like two or three viable combinations that use int plate like the Skull Knight and barely anybody plays those. Honestly I'd still play a Templar if the items had the stats for it but besides random drops spirit plate just isn't a thing.

v I'm sorry the thread has gotten too mature for you.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 29, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well there is stone cloth with strength and stamina. You can use it as a cloth tank set for normal tanks on the third boss in GHA but that's really about it.

There are a bunch of hybrid plate casters and if you go offensive like the Skull Knight it works fine. Sort of. The arguably best tank is the Templar though which is pretty much a plate healing tank. Great during alpha when heal was on int, now it's sort of hosed because you're barely doing any damage and can't get the gear to make your heals count so the class is sort of stuck in a limbo unless they're guild pushed and have a really really really good club at which point it becomes awesome again.

You could always play any other caster class in plate but you'd be giving up on the full cloth set bonus you kind of need to make playing a caster viable.

Edit: Actually I was wrong, no crafted set cloth has any non caster stats on it just the weird random poo poo I picked up for cloth tanking that one boss. Yeah, looks like plate is the only armor class that has any attempted hybrid gear in it and thus gets shafted.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 29, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I'm just as far in as you are, trust me, I noticed. At least it was sort of easy to level I guess.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Don't do handicrafting ever at all. Leveling at all is a pain mostly because there's no point to it. Level 44 divine quality gear only has twice the stats of level 20 greens which you can buy for around 80 silver. Seriously, I've seen some poor bastard trying to sell his divine for three weeks before giving up; higher level/quality stuff barely sells because the stat increase is marginal at best.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Angela Christine posted:

Actually, the civilian gear you start with is tradable, and for some reason civilian clothing sells for tens of silver on the AH. :iiam:

There's a huge difference between "people list it for that much" and "it actually moves".

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Third World Reggin posted:

imagine it for 3 days where people were up all night

Time works the same way.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Dahn posted:

You can not trade them, however you can trade most of the items that you purchase with them. When they say buying 250 gilda, they mean that they want someone with 250 gilda to purchase an item and they will buy that item.

If you wanted to be a troll, you could offer a stupid amount of money, get someone to buy something useless with their gilda, then refuse to pay them.

Yes, because things you ~hilariously~ "troll" them into buying with those aren't worth a gently caress ton of gold either way and won't sell within minutes.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You should add Disco Inferno on Kyrios to the OP. We got our stuff out of the way early so now I have cemented my leadership and me and that one other guy are looking forward towards a brighter future with maybe half a dozen other people if they can be bothered to show up. You guys should all come to Kyrios and hang out and take part in our many doing, goings on and vaguely defined activities.

We ain't in fact 'fraid of no ghost

Also bustin' makes us feel good.All ghosts busted are over the age of 18 (21 where applicable)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Oh right, talk to Twyx or Malificarr for casual hookups.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Internet Kraken posted:

poo poo like this is what makes me want to keep playing this game. It was a ton of fun even if we accomplished very little due to both bad luck and our own incompetence. Then when we get back to port the first thing I hear is more people in guild chat whining over loving fishing. Then I realize all our resources have been stolen and a bunch of our big ships are gone as well.

A bunch of these people were crying about us goonfucking by pirating greens, then they go and take everything the guild gave them and gently caress off to join Wicked or something. The amount of hypocrisy is ludicrous.

Yet not surprising in the least. Honestly how many of the people the guild has pushed are actually still around?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

ruffz posted:

I have a couple housing items that I placed really high up on the outside of my house, one of which is on the roof. Is there any way to recover them?

Build a tower out of crates to get up there. They're like 2 silver each.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Salmanilla posted:

Are the Goon guilds outside of Aranzeb still active? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that everyone posting here so far are all on Aranzeb, and I need to play with my fellow goons, playing w/o goons is just :shepicide:

Disco Inferno on Kyrios is still alive and kicking and you can message Twyx or Malificarr for a casual hookup and by that I mean we're the only two still playing every day but Kyrios is the best server and we'd love to have more people around to do poo poo with.

^Edit: Kimsemus lied fishing died

Double edit: Goons cried

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 2, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Salmanilla posted:

What faction? Disco Inferno isn't in the list of goon guilds in the OP

Right, west of course

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Internet Kraken posted:

Alright, you're officially delusional then. That raid made at least two fish turn ins before it came to end and got plenty of cash. The thing that ended it wasn't Valor, but a boat full of Customer Support pirates showing up while we were distracted and ambushing us. You can keep saying Kimsemus is the one lying over and over, but that won't make it true.

Sovereign Citizen of the seas and fishing

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

apseudonym posted:

I dont want to interrupt another meltdown but can someone tell me how many courage tokens I'll need for the new tiers of hasla bow?

According to the guide tier 2 is 200 tokens.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

apseudonym posted:

Is t3 in as well?

No tier 3 is 300

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Khako posted:

The amount of lies that your group spreads is hilarious. Why do you feel the need to lie about what happened in a loving video game. If you guys were like, Valor are fuckheads, we killed their boat because VALOR #1 or some poo poo then cool. Crafting some story to defend yourselves then having tunnel-vision with it is just hilarious. This is such a trainwreck. I was in the raid when Kimsemsus finally logged in to do something, we got zero fish that raid. Deutsche, you're still going with this lie lmao. I'm sure you guys got fish in the days after but that raid got nothing other than starting all of this.

I found a game you might enjoy better, here, try this:

http://www.onrpg.com/games/world-tour-fishing/

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sword_man.xmas posted:

jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel

Yet the hurt butt feelings burn with the intensity of a thousand suns.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

qnqnx posted:

Clearly, the best option is to destroy all fishermen.

Poison the oceans, kill all the fish.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Third World Reggin posted:

You guys are missing the important thing here.

The mcrib is back.

Well over here we get the McRib all year long so suck it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

I have to say I admire imp zone's ability to keep its eye on the prize in this thread and the previous ones. You guys don't skip a beat, Great job.

To clarify a few things, the majority of people left not because of fishing but because most people who cared about the guild were not getting anywhere because of various setbacks that effectively neutered their ability to get anything done. Examples BFM and the surrounding drama, SCT leaving, Dodgy being gone for several weeks( hope things are going better for you man), Kimsemus directly defying other officers wishes, etc. We had made considerable progress in spite of dodgy being gone in getting the guild prepared for auroria. That is why you saw so much energy being pumped into fishing. The reality is that it was means to an end. People were trying to get money so that they could get gear and in turn so that they could do what we, the officers, had asked of them. This of course was that they be prepared for Auroria.
Kimsemus was told by multiple officers not to pirate in the areas where goon fishers were known to be unless explicitly requested by them. This was supposed to last until Auroria. What he did instead was directly the opposite and when called out, again multiple officers, he proceeded to goon gently caress like none other. A metaphorical game of "I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, im not touching you!". Taters, getting control of the guild had nothing to do with the splintering and in fact is what quite a blessing. He realized that Kimsemus was destructive to the guild which was why he was immediately kicked( also due to the fact that he is a complete tool). For a split second we had real goon unity and we absolutely stomped Freedich and anyone who opposed us. We pushed 2 or 3 merchant ships full of packs in a matter of minutes. It was incredible and I was really hopeful that we might be able to get it back on track. Once that concluded we were essentially back to the way things were and everyone proceeded to make mountains out of nothing. The result of all of this bullshit was that those of us who really wanted to see the guild progress became so burnt out that we just didn't give a gently caress anymore. I really wish all of you could have seen and heard the amount of positive discourse we had two weeks ago about the future of the guild in mumble and officers chat on the offsite. Things were really looking up until this whole fishing drama poo poo happened.

That is why you saw a mass exodus of the real movers and shakers of the guild to wicked or other guilds. The irony of it all is that the same people who complained about the guild not doing anything were the ones being vocally disruptive. In the end, we all lose.

Let me tell you how much the fishing spergs are not at fault, not spergs and in fact really awesome by typing all these words. Also I am super not mad and it is in fact Kimsemus who is so buttmad and jealous of our success and furthermore

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I don't want to say I told you so but that's exactly what happens when you make Riyott an officer.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

Riyott was staff (not an officer, could not kick or demote) and had very little power. He was a bit over zealous at times but he meant well. Post more about things you don't know about.

I am sorry I forgot that this is something awful and internet super serious forum where everybody is serious all the time and nobody ever makes jokes or uses irony because we're all super serious.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Malakesh posted:

Look at that back pedaling.

Okay apparently you don't know the guy or read the off site at all because that joke has been going for at least a year or two.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

UoI posted:

Malakesh, Morglon, I'm not used to people fighting over who knows me more. I don't know how to handle it. Can we just go back to yelling at me for ruining everything? :shobon:

Well great, now you ruined it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Widestancer posted:

Do I need to update anything in the OP for people who play this?

Figured I'd ask.

You forgot to put in Disco Inferno, Kyrios west, Twyx or Malificarr, casual hookup.

I swear we won't splinter.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Eonwe posted:

Dabigredboat confirmed for goonfucker, trying to get Kimsemus banned in a different game because of how angry he is.

I love everything that has come from this game

It's magical in a horrible way.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Deki posted:

There is a second offsite?

He probably means the officer only forums on aagoons but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the forums decided to splinter too. It's splinters all the way down.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Fauxtool posted:

at least everyone getting hosed was of legal age this time
You wouldn't expect it from their posting though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

always be closing posted:

Which class combination has the biggest spike damage? I want to one shot people on the high seas.

Highest burst is probably Darkrunner, one of those killed me in two seconds flat and I'm wearing full plate with about 16k health. They might be problematic to play at sea though and if you manage to survive their initial burst they're manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I tried to fish and it sucked. Started with a bunch of bait fishing, turned worms worth a few silver each into fish worth a copper each and I can't do anything with them unless I have 100 of one kind. Then I tried sport fishing, it took me 600 labor to even get a bite and it took literally 20 minutes to catch that fish. It was worth a gold fifty.

I have also mined in EVE. Nothing organized, just me farting around in a low tier cargo ship with a mining laser and at least there I could lock on to something then go do something else for the next hour and come back to a ship full of "free money".

In conclusion gently caress fishing, it's even worse than mining.

• Locked thread