Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Mimetic posted:

So I decided that being a spellcaster in this game sucks, so I started an alt to do Archery. All my friends have told me I'm dumb for not just leveling Archery/Shadowplay on my current character, but when I point out that questing to level is much faster than waiting for labor and doing tradeskills they all give some variation of "ehhhh".

Am I actually missing something here?

The exp you get from labor expenditure scales up with your level. So level 50 labor exp funneling into a level 15 skill goes up quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

kcer posted:

Can you actually trade gilda stars? I constantly see people asking to buy them but with this alt I've started to earn some, the stars accrued so far are marked as untradeable.

You can not trade them, however you can trade most of the items that you purchase with them. When they say buying 250 gilda, they mean that they want someone with 250 gilda to purchase an item and they will buy that item.

If you wanted to be a troll, you could offer a stupid amount of money, get someone to buy something useless with their gilda, then refuse to pay them.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Game is fun. There are lots of chill bros to play with.
I'ts a video game! and as long as you keep that in mind you will have fun.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

balistafreak posted:

So yeah, I had a great night doing poo poo with goons. This game is fun. Whenever the stupid loving west character creation block is lifted, you all should roll Elves and join Goon Squad to roll with me. I need more Shroudmasters on my boats.

Balistafreak is a goon hero. His ability to ignore the meta and continue to just play the game and have fun is commendable.
If you are on the West, and want to just have fun doing stuff get with Balista.

:Not Ironic, he is the real deal and is on my personal "would play video games with again list"

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Velthice posted:

Fishing goons have finally convinced me to install the game. I can't wait to see what all the ruckus is about and also kill fishing goons.

Heh, welcome to the drama pit.

Fishing is by nature/game mechanics a care bear activity.
Goons started rubbing junk together with pubs and other goons didn't like that.

You know that one kid that likes to kick over sand castles in the sand box and then wonders why the other kids get mad. Well that sort of happened.

Fishing goons leave and butthurt begins. (It's a little more complicated then that, but whatever)

There is a pretty good writeup on how to attack fishing boats in the OP.
I LOVE mspaint pics! Well done OP.

To be more effective make sure you have at least 5 players in your group. Fish can only be hauled on backs, or the tanks of a fishing boat.

You don't need to blow the boat up to get the fish (you can if you want, but it only costs like 1 gp and 10 mins to fix one) you just need to wait for the despawn. Take the wheel and drive the boat in a different direction, when the boat goes poof the fish will be floating in the water. Grab them with your 4 friends and take them to the dock for instant profit.

See you out on the water.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
http://imgur.com/mZ8MXl3

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Hy_C posted:

So some goons have been going around and getting Kimsemus removed from other goon guilds for being a "goonfucker". Never knew fishing could cause so much drama lol.

I'm a goon fisher, and Kimsemus was being an rear end, but that should not cause him to be removed from playing with other goons.

#FreeKimsemus

It's just a video game.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004
Hmmm the cash shop boxes do seem to be targeting gold farmers/hackers.
Plant trees on the underside of the world> give away trees in cash shop.
TP hack to get eco-fuel > give away fuel in the cash shop.

Since APEX is the only way I know of to trade funbucks, it makes it hard to buy a thunderstruck with dollars without giving money to Trion.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

kznlol posted:

When fishing stops being the most profitable use of labor in the game with the exception of activities gated by enormous gilda requirements and carrying enormous risk.

[edit] also the most scalable

Or, alternatively, when prices inflate to the point that using labor on fishing is no longer attractive (at which point there will be merchant ship pacts, I guarantee).

Damm you and your common sense and logic. I want to stew in my anger at fish and fishermen. I want to be bitter about anything that involves fish. I want to stop eating all fish except for the Filet-O-Fish (I don't think that's real fish).

I don't want to have anything to do with fish. I gave up my seat on the bus to a fat lady because I didn't want to be selfish. She looked at me and said "Thank you young man, that is the most unselfish thing I have seen today".

Does that even count? I do something generous to avoid fish and I am unfish. Dammm you fishermen, you have made it to where I am fish no mater what I do. I hate you all.

And your boats are an ugly shade of green! Worst green ever. If I see that green on a building I turn around and go the other way. Fish Green, worst green.

I tried to vote last week till my friend asked me if I wanted a ride to the pole. The fisherman conspiracy continues, not only have they taken away my fun, but now they are trying to suppress my vote. Next they will require a fishing license to be able to vote.

FIIIIISHHH!!!

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

apseudonym posted:

Let me tell you how I pirated fishers before I stopped playing because lol you are wrong.
1) my friends go fishing and tell me where boats are
2)swim out and murder
3)my friends take the fish and turn them them in for me.

I just stayed in the water murdering carebears until I got bored and made bank in both money and tears.

Customer support does the same thing. You need to launder your fish because fish are serious business.

I am surprised no other people have on caught on to this technique.
Sit under the fish hole, and watch the fish, as soon as one dies you know there is going to be a guy with a pole jump in and pick it up. If he dies with the pack on it goes to the bottom, if he hasn't picked up yet it goes free loot. Buddy picks up fish and puts in boat.
Dahota's and fish chum both last 45 mins.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

atlas of bugs posted:

is this the typical experience for goons in online video games?

No and a little yes.

The leadership issues/changes at the launch = not typical. Normally the leadership burns out a couple of months in.

The Thread making GBS threads and stupid goons that couldn't resist taking the troll bait = not typical. Normally a game thread has players that play the game bitching and theory crafting, this one was full of people playing Somethingawful.

The tryhards vs the "watch the world burn" goons = typical. Usually the goon leadership keeps a lid on this, or tries to focus the energy of the two groups to some constructive end. Since there was a leadership vacuum this got a little out of control.

Asian grind game burnout = typical. Any game that has a ever increasing grind to the get the next +1 hat, will result in a lot of goons going off to the next thing once they hit the wall.

The amount of butthurt in this game = not typical. Normally skins are a little thicker, not sure why so many people "raged" over stupid poo poo.

I always try to play with goons in most games, and I always have fun. Even with all the drama in this game I am still having a good time.

It's just a video game.

Digits on the internets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Narciss posted:

This splinter guild drama never would have happened if the Histrionics and Impzone Age Baiters hadn't imported some made-up drama from years ago.

Are you trying to summon them on purpose, for comedy reasons. Or do not realize that the mere mention of their name, will require them to poo poo up the thread, for ehonor.

• Locked thread