Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A good thread, can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Tracula posted:

One thing they really need to address in Rebirth is the D6. Unlocking it is a challenge but Isaac is just too loving good with it. I could see giving him the D20 to reroll hearts and keys and stuff to give him an advantage but turning The Poop into Mom's Knife (extreme example) is way, way too powerful.

Don't play as Isaac! I love bending the game to my will with D6 abuse!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What about vita!? I need my fix on my lunch break!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Migishu posted:

If Jesus really loves me, he'd give me the next 2 3/4hrs off of work so I can go home, get ready, and play.

But I'm stuck here until 3pm :(

Same

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Migishu posted:

If Jesus really loves me, he'd give me the next 2 3/4hrs off of work so I can go home, get ready, and play.

But I'm stuck here until 3pm :(

E: double postin'

But for real I am ready for dr featus + brimstone!

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 4, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress are you supposed to do about Loki? So far he's the only thing in this game that has killed me and its because he keeps teleporting right on top of me. I have no clue how you're supposed to avoid this.

Gotta use the 5 D's, brother.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
so I had one and a half black hearts, and grabbed a 3 soul heart pickup from the devil room, and didn't die, or lose any health. I would recommend it.

Also Cursed Eye didn't ruin my last run, so I guess it doesn't effect brimstone.

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 6, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The loving donation machine keeps jamming up after like 4 or 5 coins, is anyone else having the same issue?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Thanks Internet posted:

Yeah, you need to fill it over multiple runs.

Yeah its just kinda annoying. My first run I found a dollar and dumped like 60 cents into it, now its like a few pennies. Just a bummer.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BlackFrost posted:

Aww, there's a max heart limit now? That's no fun.

I don't mind it,because I like a bit of challenge. Part of me is a bit sad that it does make the game less DANGEROUSLY CHEESY with lucky foot, or PHD pill popping.

Look for the demon buddy that turns red hearts into soul hearts, that little dude is a game changer!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Bogart posted:

Lil' Brimstone is the best all-around pickup, right? Love that dude.

Lil'haunt is my bff. Soo good

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You guys need to unlock more poo poo if you are getting the demon buddy enough to be a problem.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Here is a video I recorded for a friend who won't buy the game. I have a fun run with Azezal including crushing a BOSS RUSH, then I had a spectacular run with Lazarus. It seems like its still a case of if the game wants you to win, you will win. I take it all the way to Satans hole both times!

Any feedback on my playstyle would be appreciated.

http://www.twitch.tv/jvanvalkenburg/b/586066970

E: I do get up a few times to help my GF with stuff around the house, please forgive me.

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 7, 2014

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I don't think fortune telling machines drop soul hearts anymore, unless I'm getting very unlucky with them. Also the Crystal Ball gives you the effect of both the map and the compass whenever you use it. It's good.

Yeah they still do. You are just a cursed S.O.B.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Magres posted:

Oh for fucks sake. Three floors, no keys, every item room locked. gently caress you game

Secret room is normally wedged between two important rooms. The shop or prize room is just two bombs away my friend

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This is my first total murder build. and it came after losing three in a row as maggy. The Damage was nutso plus I had tar shot and charm shot.

http://www.twitch.tv/jvanvalkenburg/c/5454576

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
okay so I have beaten the DANK ROOM, how do I get to the chest? just keep beating it until I get the Polaroid?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Something interesting. I took R U A WIZARD? so I was just standing at the top of the room shooting til it wore off, and not trying to hit the worm guys at the bottom. After a few minutes the doors just opened eventhough I didn't kill em all.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Kanfy posted:

Excellent post/username combo.

Also I did Solar System today and it's not nearly as bad as people made it sound, I actually killed most bosses faster than I would on a normal run because that red fly does some serious damage.

Solar system was fun as heck. BEANZ on the other hand....

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Unless you have tragically low health, or are going for a guppy/whore of babbylon run, demon buddy is not awesome late game. When you have room for 3 soul hearts and he keeps eating your health it can get frustrating.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I never give up a run due to bad drops, and usually i can take it to the hole. If you can dodge, and have don't mind long boss fights. there don't seem to be many no win situations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
PAY2PLAY is PAY2WIN. Best rich guy item.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If you can get a status effect with soy kilk, it owns. Dark matter or moms contact will gently caress up pretty much every enemy with fear or freeze spam

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

You didn't. Exchanging hearts for items in those rooms locks you out of Angel Rooms for the run.

No way man, you can get both, taking a devil deal just decreases your chances of getting the angel room.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hate enemies that slow the game down to a crawl. Those walking guys that cannot take damage until their head pop up drive me nuts. It takes forever just waiting for them to attack.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So today I was playing as Azezal and I got a room that is inescapable once you get near it.

quit and reloaded, and it did the same thing where I got sucked in. :(

E: TABLES!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

drunken officeparty posted:

So either I did something wrong, which is entirely possible, or the wiki is right and you can no longer use seeds to unlock The Lost. I will never in a million years be able to unlock him the hard way so I guess I have to resign myself to never playing as him.

Just download a 100% save duder.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is mongo babby still killing other buddies?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Had a silly loving run last night, I started recording just to share here. Enjoy!!

http://www.twitch.tv/jvanvalkenburg/b/602947825

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dugong posted:

The amount of times I have picked up nine lives and instantly regretted it...

you gotta start cheesing devil rooms, brother! get rid of a few of them lives!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I love looping through the chest with the I am error room. Missing no. Or whatever glitched item makes the end game so silly. Must have jumped through 20times

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh Krampus, you shouldn't have! :allears:

How?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Yaws posted:

I've made a terrible mistake.

Gonna give this one a pass then!

You certainly have.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The guy Florian has playing doesn't seem to have a good grasp on mechanics of the game. It makes watching the new stuff less entertaining.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

oh my god those useless piece of poo poo three red chest devil rooms can gently caress off

Someday you will get three guppy items from them, and you will understand

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I for one love the plinking sheers and keep them over pretty much every use item. makes a ton of bosses 2EZ

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZR1gSvnOI0

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I honestly don't know if its less is more, but did anyone else get burned out on rebirth way faster than the original?

I didn't see that opinion in the thread too much, but I just kinda think after doing most of what rebirth had to offer, I fire it up a lot less. I am only missing the lost cheevos and meat boy, for the record.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Nice early game slog boss. Not hard, just takes forever to kill if you didn't get any damage ups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Don't enter the secret room in GREED MODE. I've been trapped in twice now!