Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mystery Machine posted:

I feel like Ed doesn't really get what makes the game fun. He's added fun things to it, but his design process feels more like he's angry that people can get 100 streaks in his game, and less like he's trying to build a fun and balanced game that's hard and random.

Dude's favorite character is The Lost, of course he doesn't loving get what makes the game fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So... for literally months now, "Isaac's Heart" has not popped. I've done The Lost on two saves (PS4) and neither one gave me what I wanted. Today, as I started up the game, fuckin' trophy popped. Just right there on the title screen. I haven't done a Lost run in forever. I have no idea why the trophy gods smiled on me today, but now all I need is to round up some missing items and I can finally get RPG on the PS4 version! I never have to play The Lost again! :dance:

Are the Xbox One version's achievements making GBS threads the bed too, or do those actually work as intended? If they are, it will be the first time an Isaac game hasn't had tremendous achievement/trophy problems.

flyboi posted:

Edit: got them to pop by deleting/redownloading my save and just letting the intro run. I guess there's another way to get the trophies to show up.

This is an interesting thing to read, because the intro was playing in the background as I tabbed out of game to start streaming. Maybe letting the intro run is secretly the trigger for these things? I'll have to keep that in mind if Platinum God/Real Platinum God don't take immediately.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Learned today that you can burn out the D100. Eventually you stop rerolling into things. Between battery pick-ups and doing as many rooms as I could, I stopped getting wacky new builds around the end of the Womb. By the end of the Chest I was just Lord of the Flies with a few orbitals and normal-rear end tears. Was a bit of a bummer, to be honest. Was trying to use it to scum some of my missing items up. Good to know it can happen, though.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jusupov posted:

There's unlocks for beating ultra greed with lost, yay

Cool. All they have to do is fix him (The Lost or Ultra Greed, take your pick) to make it not just shy of literally impossible. I'm sure that'll happen.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BJPaskoff posted:

There was some interview with him about this where they asked him and Tyrone if they were upset about the datamining, and they just laughed it off like heh, nah, we just don't know why people would try to burn through the game so fast.

That was it though. Literally everything else he's said about The Lost before and after that interview has made him sound really pissed about how it was discovered.

Dumbass put in achievements with The Lost's name in them, then expected no one to datamine what the gently caress it was or how to unlock it, then was stunned and pissy after they did just that. If he really wanted his precious snowflake character to be secret, maybe don't explicitly reference him! I dunno. I'm no game dev, but that seems like a pretty good way to keep people off the trail for a little longer.

Worst part was, weren't the people searching the intended way getting really close to figuring things out anyway? Like oh no, they would've figured it out in another few days but you spoiled it a little early, now I'm gonna make the expansion's secret stuff an even bigger pain in the rear end and sit here wiggling my dick at you until you figure it out!

He's basically just begging the datamining crowd to double down, at which point he'll stomp his feet and go to his room to sulk and also continue not working on Mewgenics. He's dicking over everyone because a handful of people figured out his absolutely-not-a-secret character's unlock method the 'wrong' way.

Didn't at least one of the guys also seem shocked that people had already busted the Greed Mode donation machine? Reset until you get a blood bank on the 1st floor, get a few cents and the IV bag, congratulations you've won. Like, there are ways to easily game the system. Probably a mistake to have included it in the list of things that could spawn if they wanted the mode to be a genuine challenge.

I wonder if the console release delay is more for allowing there to be a singular focused search for the new hidden poo poo than anything else. I wish they'd spend as much time squashing bugs as they did doing dumb stuff to hide content away from prying eyes. The PS4 version still has trophies that refuse to pop. I know at least one person who's had the same issues on the Xbone.

Maybe there's some way to get to the secret boss another way, and that ties to the Blue Womb? Because the entrance to [???] is the same as the one that leads to the Womb. Wonder if anyone's been dicking around in that area with a teleporter or something. Speculating is pointless because it could be anything. A specific item combination in a specific location in under a specific time, getting killed by the fifth volley of Continuum shots the new boss shoots out while holding a certain trinket, beating end bosses in certain ways. Anything could be fair game after how The Lost's unlock went.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god drat it.

quote:

Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay

109. We have to play the game for 109 hours and then the missing content will unlock. That's it, isn't it?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so I just had the easiest Challenge run ever. Was doing Have a Heart and got the seed BVER EWAE. Proptosis, Brimstone on floor 2's devil deal, Tech X, enough items to hit Guppy status, and Holy Mantle. Shooting laser donuts and instantly killing bosses is pretty fun!

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

I beat him, easy.

chaos card

What does Spider Mod say about Chaos Card's damage if you huck one at Hush?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know, I don't even know why I'm trying to get anything with The Lost done, what with the character select completion icons still being hosed. But I was. I was in Greed Mode with the little poo poo. I had a pretty sweet build going, too! ???'s Best Friend, Daddy Longlegs, Jar of Flies... made it clear to the Womb level by sitting on rocks, remote controlling a bloated fly corpse, and letting my friends kill things.

And then I got sniped from off-screen by an eye laser.

Oh well. It wasn't especially viable for Ultra Greed anyway. Can't exactly turtle up somewhere and let your AI buddies do all the work on him, after all...

E: At least it wasn't as bad as this. Devil Rooms ain't safe anymore.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 5, 2015

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Greed Mode is so boring. Same path, every time, minor differences to enemy waves, lovely HP-sponge boss at the end. Just crossed 160 coins in the machine. This is gonna be a long haul, isn't it?

Though I'll say this for it - you do get some interesting item combos you don't normally see. I had Soy Milk, Tractor Beam, Death's Touch, and magnet tears and even though it took ages and was super dangerous when Ultra Greed started charging, it was pretty amazing to see in action. The enemies typically got stuck around the middle of the beam of tears, unable to move. Do a sweep of the area to suck them in like you were a Ghostbuster and they can't get out.

That said, holy gently caress something in that combination was making Scolex absolutely poo poo himself. I guess it was the magnet tears? If you're firing when he pops out, he bounces all over the place and his segments all come apart. They made me fight three. :mad:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Seven Greed Mode runs, all using different characters, all ending with the machine jamming after 1 cent.

:suicide:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

legoman727 posted:

Mega Fatty is one of the worst bosses in the game just for that instant jump with NO WARNING that acts more like a teleport.

If he hasn't done anything for awhile, keep moving. Once he's locked into an animation you can sit still and get some shots in. You basically want the vomit move to happen as often as possible, since it's the longest one he has.

BillmasterCozb posted:

What about gurdy jr.'s instant sliding ricochet across the loving screen with no windup at all

This one, however, is actually total bullshit. gently caress that hockey puck.

Had a question about the Keeper. If you got Judas' Tongue, would it allow for non-lethal two-heart devil deals? Because I'm thinking getting the Holy Mantle, the Tongue, and scoring Brimstone is gonna be the only way I'll beat the Boss Rush with the little turd. Managed to down Mega Satan with him, but only on Normal. Soy Milk + Lump of Coal + Triple Shot ain't half bad, as it turns out. Soy Milk might actually be one of the best things you can take with the Keeper. If Judas' Tongue doesn't work for him, might be the best option I have for Boss Rush. And, y'know, restarting for the Mantle.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Game's up.

E: Or at least it's available for purchase. Doesn't seem to be downloading anything yet.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dammerung posted:

Is anybody getting the discount? It's $9.99 for me.

Said that for me initially too. I clicked the Cart button again and it applied the discount.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone actually gotten it to uh... download yet?

Store page is acting like I haven't bought it, but I certainly did. Work with me here, video game. :mad:

E: There we go. Had to restart Steam to make it go.

E2: Annnd when I fired it up I got like 8 new achievements for doing nothing. Nicalis, c'mon.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 4, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oxyclean posted:

I got a few too - it looks like they just unlock new challenges, you probably just had the criteria already?

Seems that way.

Speaking of, Backasswards might be worst than Brains. You start at Mega Satan with some orbitals, Headless Baby, and a Dunce Capped Ludovico. You have 12 red hearts and both you and your tear are slow as all hell. It makes trying to kill Lust/Super Lust incredibly difficult.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Alkydere posted:

Actually, the items you get are completely random!

Oh thank god.

April Fool's Day is cool. Except for EVERY SINGLE BOSS BEING THE BLOAT :cry:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
April Fool's challenge is so fun! Every boss is The Bloat - and at one point I had two Bloats in one normal-sized room, which was fun. All the items are random, it seems. Or they just appear to be. Because I still got The Virus from Lust and I wanna say normal boss items. I scored Lil Brimstone and ???'s Best Friend which made everything super easy. When you beat it, Maggy will start with a pill, apparently.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ooh. Uh. Don't use random pills in Backasswards. I got teleported to the I Am Error room and the trapdoor won't open.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pants Donkey posted:

Backasswards is a really stupid challenge.

You just have to restart until you get a good item kit. It's not bad. You lose your items as you go backwards, though. But any devil deals you take or any items you score otherwise you keep.

There's a new boss in the Flooded Caves that's a real rear end. The one in the hole. We have a 'Lumps spawn directly under you' problem with him.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kinda bummed that the mod tools aren't a little simpler. I guess I'll have to wait for that challenge map tool to update to AB+.

Wonder how tough it would be to make playable Sins with the tools we have now, though. Knowing nothing about coding absolutely doesn't help.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"Hmm. I know. I'll make an item that creates chain lightning between enemies. It's super cool and fun! But wait, can't have too much fun in a single player game... aha! I'll make it randomly hurt you if you hold the fire button down too long! That way no one will ever use this awesome new item more than the time it gets them killed!"

Seriously, what the gently caress. That item was rad until I realized I was nuking the poo poo out of myself. That thing needs Book of Shadows with a one-room charge to function properly, I think. I sure hope the community salvages this because outside of a few fun Challenges and one really shite one, I'm not feelin' it anymore.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've been trying to have a single successful Apollyon run for 3 hours. I haven't made it past the Heart. What the portals don't ruin, the lack of any damage ups does. At this point I'm genuinely wondering if McMillen and company didn't purposely sabotage AB+ on purpose so no one would bother him for more. I'm not gonna try getting a refund because maybe the community can still fix it. But man, this is disappointing as hell. I'm not angry, I'm just sad that this game series I used to love has turned into... whatever the gently caress this is.

If the mod tools were accessible to people who didn't know how to code, I could at least have fun there maybe. But they aren't. I'm sure plenty of tutorials will appear, but a cursory glance shows it wouldn't lemme do the one thing I was hoping it would. Maybe better tools will come along in due time, too. For now? I dunno if I have it in me to even bother playing, much less getting back to 100%. Because listen - at some point, any of us who keep plugging away at this are gonna hafta both get to the new boss as The Lost and the Keeper (which means a Hush fight) and do Greedier Mode with him.

Antibirth seems unbalanced as all hell, but at least it did some things rather than just dump 10 enemies in a small room and say 'good luck.'

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kinda wish I had just tried out Antibirth and donated that 10bux to their team or somethin'. More care and love was put into that than AB+. And while I've seen plenty of complaints about Anti for various reasons... it's still way better than the Assassins Creed Revelations of Isaac that we got saddled with here.

I've only seen two good things come out of Afterbirth+. One was Bisnap's run of April Fool, which had a lot of incredible nonsense in it... and this image. Spoilered because true final boss for both:

Is there anyone genuinely happy with AB+? If so... uh... why?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oxyclean posted:

Regarding to the new level: I unlocked it after beating Hush, but didn't see a way to go to it? I just had the trap door and beam of light, I continued on to Sheol and Dark Room and my game ended normally.)

Yeah, I dunno how to access it either. Do you have to fight Hush every trip to have the way there show up?

BTW if you're Apollyon and you see Mama Mega, EAT THAT poo poo IMMEDIATELY. It causes a massive explosion when you enter every single new room on a floor. You'll only have to finish off bosses or monsters that explode into smaller monsters. You set that poo poo off once a floor and it's easy mode.

E: vvv Can't be. Just finished Dark Room with Apo and the only thing I got was the option for a victory run.

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 4, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jusupov posted:

What I've seen you get a large new door after you kill hush and the portal appears after you kill mega satan. First time I think you have to leave hush arena and come back for the door to appear

Okay yeah. Door in Hush's room. I thought it was on Chest/Dark Room. If the portal to The Void opens after Mega Satan, then I think that's the only time anyone should even think of attempting that loving garbage fire of a fight. I went in after Hush. That was a mistake.

Holy poo poo. It's literally impossible to avoid taking damage. I had Tech X and my shots just stopped working toward the end! I had to bomb the fucker to death. And given that he both warps around and zips across the screen to be on top of you faster than any enemy or boss that's ever been in the games, it wasn't easy. With no way to replenish health mid-fight and no red hearts, I beat Delirium with 1 soul heart left. I dunno if you get new items for beating him with every character. But I'll fuckin' be cheating to get those items if you do. Stressful, unfun, and unfair. Delirium exemplifies everything wrong with AB+.

Like... I get it. Delirium is Isaac slowly suffocating in the chest. I get the concept. I just think the fight itself is complete trash. I don't think The Witness is some kind of incredible battle or anything, but at least with that fight, things are fair. You can get through it without coming in at 12 hearts and being dropped to 1 by literally unavoidable things. It's artificially difficult. Mega Satan's not a great fight either, but you can beat it without taking damage if you've got decent items.

Anyone actually attempted this thing with Lost/Keeper yet?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so... Delirium doesn't seem to have that much HP or the bullshit armor Ultra Greed and Hush have. Motherfucker just doesn't sit still. At this point, I think the hardest part of beating Delirium with The Lost or The Keeper is surviving Hush. (Or getting to and beating Mega Satan? I only know the Hush route for sure so I guess I'm doing hard mode Delirium since I don't have Chest/Dark Room item boosts?)

I had a golden run with Isaac. Monstro's Lung, Sacred Heart, Death Scythe, and Proptosis. My shots were bigger than the screen. I was blindfiring at Delirium and hitting. And because I had freezing tears, it made him stop loving teleporting as much. I also had an Algiz Rune, which I popped just before he hit 50% so his warp spam and trying to sit on your head constantly did nothing. If you had the ability to hold two Runes and managed to score the Rune Bag or just get two Algiz Runes naturally, I think it would let Lost/Keeper survive the whole fight, assuming you took your damage multiplier to the gym beforehand. Maybe it'll get nerfed to be easier. Hush isn't fun but you can get through it okay because you can see everything coming. You might not be able to dodge it, but at least it isn't warping in directly on top of you.

At this point I think the Vis Sisters have killed me more than the final boss has, which feels super weird. Just... fuckin' give them some tells for the Mega Blast or something. Make them charge it up for two seconds or something. Maybe literally slow their rolls or tether them together so they're rolling near each other? I dunno how to make that boss fair. An HP decrease is definitely needed, just not sure what to do about their other attacks.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone tried winging a Chaos Card at Delirium yet? He's not a bloated, armored bag of hit points, it could theoretically kill him, assuming you could hit the bastard, right?

Also, for people who know way more about mechanics than me: If you had Dunce Cap, Tech 2, and Loki's Horns, if you pumped Luck high enough could you get permanent 4-way-diagonal laser shots? Trying to figure the logistics of a Pride challenge. Just not sure if Loki's Horns can be luck-boosted until the effect occurs 100% of the time like other things can.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Supremezero posted:

"Only"

That by itself seems pretty important!

Or it would be if the mods had any proper documentation and could actually be used by normal players. As it stands, people are having to kind of bash their heads against things until they work out how to use them and most players will never make anything because it would require knowledge of coding to do it. Everything is too complex for the average player of Isaac to ever make a mod with.

I was just hoping for something to make custom challenge maps with, like that thing that existed for Rebirth/Afterbirth. Presumably it'll eventually update for AB+ but it still won't be official so what's the point? Without a centralized place to show off what you do and go "Hey look at this/these!" you'll basically only be able to play your own stuff. Being able to release, say, a collection of 5 challenge maps as a pack would've been a cool little thing to be able to do.

flyboi posted:

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817072299975131136

Seriously why is he so intent on ruining Isaac?

Because he's clearly sick of the series and wants to move on, so he's sabotaging the gently caress out of it so people quit asking him to make more?

Either that or he's just that drat stupid. Take your pick.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eating the Forget-Me-Now with Void is preeeeetty stupid, you guys.

It's also guaranteed - assuming I don't die of boredom first - that I can get Dad's Key so I can knock Mega Satan off Apollyon's to-do list. Doesn't matter that I'd have to leave Void behind, because all it can do right now is reset floors. Picking up Chaos early on from a shop is making things even sillier. Void's a pretty good item. Shame the character who comes with it is pointless.

E: Oh. Hey. Did you know that quitting out of the game and continuing later will make Void forget what it's eaten? Because I didn't! :mad:

ChibiSoma fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 5, 2017

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Slime posted:

If the main feature of Afterbirth+ was the modding tools then it honestly looks like they've cocked it up. The modding tools just seem so very powerless, and in weird ways sometimes. You can't make stat up items, what the christ? That's like the simplest item there is and it won't let you do it.

Powerless, documentation is poor as hell, and maybe one of the examples didn't even work? The modding reddit for Isaac seemed really frustrated about the whole thing.

Why the hell advertise mod tools when they're busted as gently caress and can't be used unless you can code/program and even then, it seems you can't really do anything cool with them. Everything about this DLC is half-assed. :psyduck:

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

Man, AB+ has its issues, but sometimes it still manages to produce magic.

https://youtu.be/32dNRwn4LIs

The first run is nothing special, but once he starts the April Fool challenge, it's some All-Time Classic level :laffo:. Every time you think it can't get more :wtc:, it does.

The stream chat was dying that entire run. No one had any idea how the gently caress that happened. I still don't know how the gently caress that happened.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Either Delirium isn't doing that thing where he blips to a different spot for 1 frame or I just didn't notice it on my Judas run. He is, however, still warping into you, sitting on your head as various bosses, and Mom's Foot still does its damage before the foot actually falls. It damages you the second Delirium morphs into it.

It's not impossible to beat with Lost/Keeper, but you would still probably require Algiz runes and the Book of Shadows in addition to crazy high damage/Guppy flies to burn him down before your invincibility items go away.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why would you ever take Jacob's Ladder? Some part of it, and it seems completely random, causes self-damage. I've got Multidimensional Baby and Death's Touch and the Kidney Stone. And lemme tell ya, Kidney Stone triggering will cause multiple self-hits from Jacob's Ladder. But it wasn't doing this when I first got it. Which makes me wonder if the Baby or the Stone are causing some weird interaction bug.

Is it intentional or is it a bug?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
After trying Ultra Hard for an hour and never making it to the Heart, I'm convinced that McMillen doesn't know what 'Hard' means in the context of difficulty. It isn't hard. It's annoying. It's frustrating. It's unfair. But it isn't hard. Ultra Hard is misleading. Ultra Tedious might be a better name for the challenge.

Perhaps Ultra Lots of Restarting? Because that's what you have to do. Restart until floor 1 gives you gold, and then hope you get lucky with everything else. There's little skill involved here, it's almost completely down to luck. If you don't get some kind of damage multiplier and optimally something to either pierce or just shoot multiple tears, you ain't gon' win. Getting the Wafer is a really nice draw, as it neuters the waves of champions' extra damage, but that isn't gonna win the run on its own.

For those who've beaten the challenge, what'd you score on floor 1 that got you a good start? I had one where I got Proptosis and Shielded Tears, but then I got Big Horn + Little Horn (2 Little Horns?) as my second floor 1 boss and I noped myself out of that run.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How many loving items don't play well with Jacob's Ladder?! I finally had a fun run with it - got the triple shot and Cricket's Body. It was a grand ol' time - and when I got to Hush's floor, the self-damage started triggering again. I picked up Bum Friend and Evil Eye.

Starting to think it's any secondary shot that fires out of you, if it's Evil Eye causing this. Multidimensional Baby does similar, where it sends out 'extra' bullets when you fire. Long story short, RIP this really enjoyable run! I don't expect all of these to ever be fixed because :effort: so hopefully the wiki will catalog all the loving things you want to avoid like the plague if you want to survive a run with one of the few genuinely cool items AB+ added.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Stone Fatties need to stop to catch their breath now. I haven't been following patch changes closely, but I think that's new with this one.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I reset when I'm doing unlocks. If I'm just playing, who cares. But I'm not gonna sit here trying to make every Lost/Keeper run to Delirium work when they clearly need specific setups to survive the still-unfair horseshit that is that fight. Ultra Greed 2.0 will be the same for those two. Reset for Pyromaniac to make most of his second phase attacks not do anything and hope for the best from there.

I finally got to Delirium with The Lost and the fucker teleported onto my head twice in a row and that was the end of that. I think I'm gonna need Book of Shadows, Rune Bag to hopefully have 2 Algiz Runes, and then high enough damage to burn Delirium down in the time it takes for three shields + Holy Mantle to be used up. Keeper's a little better because triple shot means you'll have better chance of hitting Delirium when he's off-screen, and there are ways to get coins onto the arena floor for the fight.

I've never used Cheat Engine and I don't intend to now. It's just going to take the right seed and a whole lot of luck. One time I entered the Delirium fight and he just sat there in the center spitting bubbles at me until I'd burned off 60% of his life. He only turned into other bosses a few times before going still again around 20% and letting me finish him. Whether or not he goes crazy is as random as anything else. The fight's okay for most of the cast. So is Ultra Greed 2.0. It's just Lost and Keeper that make things incredibly unfun. I absolutely wouldn't fault anyone who cheated their unlocks open. Who wants to spend hours and hours doing attempts that don't even get remotely close, let alone then hoping Delirium plays nice?

I hate those two, but the 31-dailies achievement will be my white whale for this expansion. I never do dailies, so I'm gonna slip up and forget at some point and have to start over. I got really lucky for the 3 victory laps one (multiple Brimstones). The 5 win streak one isn't too bad, and I think I read somewhere that only the first has to be done normally, and you can do the rest in Greed Mode. Not saying that's easier, but it would at least be faster.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CJacobs posted:

I really dislike rare stuff being locked behind an incredibly unlikely series of events, and making a full meat boy or bandage girl by way of encountering the horsemen (even with the book of revelations) is like the most egregious example in the whole game. It's such an absurdly tiny chance that I'm sure the potato peeler was added specifically because of how rare it is.

It's really not hard at all anymore, though. Start as Lillith. Reset until you get Famine. Reset if you get the wrong item from him. When you get the one you need, just get to Boss Rush. You'll get more than enough charges to max out Meat Boy/Bandage Girl.

Given all the actual horseshit Secrets these days, making MB/BG is one of the easier things you can knock out. Back in the original though, yeah. That was dumb. Fuckin' didn't Bisnap get Meat Boy and Bandage Girl in back to back runs at one point without actually trying for either, though? Or was that someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Got Zip done, working on It's the Key and it's kinda the pits. Mostly because I'm not 100% clear on what's safe to pick up. I assume boss items are okay if it's a red heart container you gain. But like... what about items that give soul/black hearts? If you find Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible is that alright? Can you use Prayer Card or Maggy's Faith? How about Health Up pills? Or the 2 of Hearts? As long as you don't pick a heart/other item up off the floor is it safe? If you get the dollar or the 99 bombs item are you good?

Who's best for this one, anyway? Brain says Azazel since he can fly around items blocking narrow paths, but his short range means he's more likely to get hit.