Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pivotal Lever posted:

It added unwinnable states, I need to set this poo poo to not auto-update.

You should probably message the devs asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Note that the voting for the must-have item combinations for Rebirth went up: http://www.reddit.com/r/bindingofisaac/comments/2vqzuc/must_have_rebirth_item_combos/

I cross-posted the cursed eye + black candle idea that was posted in here (since it's a REALLY good idea) and it ended up near the top :toot:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ThaumPenguin posted:

Nope, it's the blue one!

I love that mod. Doesn't even disable achievements.

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Speaking of, are there any other recommended/good mods out there that don't disable achievements?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Isn't it that graphics mods don't but gameplay-effecting mods do?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Poizen Jam posted:

I feel like the 'reduce chance of special item appearing' effect really should occur only if you pick up the item. The current system is... Less than intuitive.

I don't know, I'd hate to see an item I don't want, pass it up, and then see it again next floor because I didn't bother touching it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Keep digging that hole deeper, dude, maybe there's still a single person who doesn't find you ridiculous

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The new guy is going to be much easier than the lost if just by the fact that he doesn't die to one hit

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

bassguitarhero posted:

Am I the only one who's pretty much over this game after constantly getting lovely drops? I've filled out the post its for every character on hard mode but it just isn't fun when all I ever get are anarchists cookbook, pjs, guppy's paw, etc, everything but damage upgrades so every room is a slog

I get that it's RNG but holy poo poo does it need some balancing if I'm gonna keep playing it.

Call me crazy but I think it's pretty normal to get some burnout after playing a game a shitton

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'll never understand why people keep working with Nicalis, tbh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I never really worked on any of the challenges and I figure I should prioritize those, next. What are the funner/more important ones to do first?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't even know what the lost is but I guess I'll watch out for that poster.

I've only recently started wikiing trinkets though. It's kind of fun having no idea whats going on the first few playthroughs but I've beaten greed and hardmode each with isaac and cain a few times so I guess I should start looking for ways to get new stuff.

The Lost is a super secret super hard challenge mode character that dies in one hit, meant to be hidden for months but got discovered pretty quickly after release. If you get the opportunity you should unlock him because the missing poster is fairly rare, but definitely no need to prioritize him.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I gotta wonder if the developer comment was more "we're not organized nearly enough to do changelogs" than what everyone's taking it to mean but i'm charitable by nature

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dr. Fetus posted:

Did they accidentally make Godhead not a special item or anything? I keep seeing that thing in my Keeper runs. :psyduck: And it's carried me through victory a lot. I managed to clear out Boss Rush, Hush, the Chest, and Mega Satan all at once thanks to an early Godhead I found. And then I found the Swallowed Penny and the run was won at that point. I found it again on my next run thanks to Chaos, except I had Mom's Knife at that point, so I couldn't get the halo tears. I died to Teratoma in Sheol. :negative:

I feel like Keeper has a different set of item pools.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I swear I saw once a tool someone put together where you could plug in your save file and it'd tell you what you still have to unlock. Am I dreaming it up or does it actually exist?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jibo posted:

If I could just get an overlay with the different dice room numbers and what they do (I can only ever remember 1, 5, and 6) and what Pandora's Box pays out with for each floor then I'd be fine.

For the first: http://moddingofisaac.com/mod/155/explanatorydiceroom

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, I just tested it and Black Candle does remove the teleport penalty of Cursed Eye in Afterbirth.

There's also video proof someone made.

Oh hey, that's a suggestion I made way back when! :toot:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CJacobs posted:

I'm annoyed by playing as Eve now because when I unlocked the Razor Blade for her it just... didn't give it to her. Now it SAYS she has it on the title screen, but she doesn't. :geno:

Have you actually unlocked the razor blade regularly?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

senrath posted:

The original save import function was really bugged (at least one person reported having completion marks for the Keeper as soon as they unlocked him). I don't know if they ever actually fixed it, to be honest.

They fixed it like a day after release (if even that long) but you had to re-import your save because it couldn't get retroactively fixed, so people who kept playing a ton without reimporting are kinda hosed over

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Toadsmash posted:

Wait, they removed some of the bullshit rooms? What what what? Did I just step into some alternate dimension where Ed found a smidgen of sanity under his pillow somewhere?

It's almost like he's not a nutter personally attacking every single person who ever bought his game or something

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Good job not clicking the link I guess

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Crack the Sky and White Pony got buffed: http://gfycat.com/BestPoliticalGermanshepherd http://gfycat.com/ClutteredAnguishedBronco http://gfycat.com/DismalLightBoar

Beams target enemies now and are pretty massive damage if you can use it on enemies that are staying still.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are everyone's favorite mods for this game? Also I think someone mentioned a while back about a mod that gives all the characters Spidermod to start and I'd really like to have a link to that/a guide to doing it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

senrath posted:

Piggy Bank was nerfed specifically with the Keeper, so that it's no longer guaranteed to drop a coin each time he's hit.

That's nothing to do with what you quoted?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
To be fair there's several dozen other reasons to not play the original anymore

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think I've seen a mod on moddingofisaac that purported to fix all the rooms with bad layouts/spawns/etc like that, but I didn't look too much into it. Anyone also see it and have thoughts?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I haven't played in ages and I've completely lost track of stuff that I still have to do, is there an easy way to like plug my save file into something and get a readout of what to work towards? Going back and forth between the stickies and the unlock page in the game seems to be a pain.

Also, anyone try this out and know how well it actually works out? https://moddingofisaac.com/mod/1375/skymod-afterbirth

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tetracube posted:

So is there any compelling reason to not immediately refund AB+

if you like the game you'll end up rebuying it anyway in the future after the rebalances and bugfixes roll out + the monthly booster pack content releases start and you'll be paying three bucks more for the expansion then

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Somehow I feel like out-of-context discord messages might not be wholly representative of any sort of truth or official statement, especially when Edmund had specifically reached out to that team to make sure they could make antibirth end up being implemented into ab+

I imagine the issue is that they can't just do a straight-up port of Antibirth to AB+, as it doesn't even support regular afterbirth as far as I'm aware.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flyboi posted:

One thing I find interesting is how the dlc has taken a complete nose dive in reviews as time goes on. On release it was at 90% or so and last I checked 56% or so today. Compared to each other release that is in 90s I'd say this has been a complete train wreak

If you think this is a train wreak you've never been around anything slightly controversial on steam at its release, user reviews always get swamped

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CJacobs posted:

I'd say the crappy user reviews are just another example to throw on the pile of how poorly the expansion has been received. If it was just crappy steam reviews alone, sure, but there are many more outlets calling it disappointing.

Oh I'm definitely not saying it's a good launch, just saying that steam user reviews are just a minor step above metacritic user reviews in how much thought you should actually give to them

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flyboi posted:

No changelog posted on steam so glhf figuring out what they decided was changed

Changelong on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/games/250900/announcements/detail/248095310194829089

https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817205418095038464
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817205927719772160
https://twitter.com/edmundmcmillen/status/817206613660475392

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Make sure you're not running any mods that you haven't updated for the new expansion, that can lead to crashes.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Your Computer posted:

I think he makes a good point; how are you supposed to make interesting mods that add interesting stuff if you're gonna disable progress? How would a big mod such as Antibirth even work if you're unable to save?

I think people are conflating a few different forms of 'can't progress' and it'd probably be helpful if someone figured out exactly what can't be done -

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Harrison posted:

AB+ fits right in with the rest of Isaac's humor seeing as it's simultaneously premature and an abortion.

took you all month to come up with that, huh

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Items that literally kill you at random: good game design.

No you see because it's in the mod it's great since the modders do everything right and the devs don't

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Harrison posted:

Be fair now, that's not Nicalis patting themselves on the back, it's a jab at Nintendo's abandoned Seal of Quality, closely matching the original logo and text that was included with every game back in the day when they were terrified of third-party cartridge manufacturers.

The booklet is a page by page exact takeoff of the one for the original Zelda down to replicating printing errors found on some of the pages.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
hey, if you have mods on and defeat a challenge, do you unlock the thing for beating the challenge? I know challenges don't count for achievements in general so the crossed-out trophy symbol is on the hud anyway, but I wouldn't want to go all the way through a challenge and get nothing just because I have item descriptions on

edit: beat the easiest challenge on a new file and unlocked the thing so yep you still get it

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 8, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so what mods do y'all recommend from the steam workshop? I'm on afterbirth+

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, I didn't realize they didn't disable achievements. I woulda been using the item description one forever.

they used to disable achievements, but once you defeat mom's foot on a file you can have them on and it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Wugga posted:

With all the extra trinkets and items characters start with, it's weird that Keeper doesn't get Swallowed Penny.

I wonder if there's a mod for that.

doesn't seem to be one, but I imagine it'd be really quick to make one