Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't blame people for not 100% it after the expansion came out. It really hosed the balance over, which is probably my only real complaint about the game.

To be honest I find playing without the expansion to be a lot more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SuicideSnowman posted:

You get PS+ for free?

that being said

PS+ is pretty dope

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

IronicDongz posted:

How are there still people who like the lovely newgrounds flash aesthetic

man you sure are cool :thumbsup:

you are that guy that jumps into an ongoing music discussion and immediately tries to impress on everyone how much better your taste is than theirs

oh, you like that band? :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think both look pretty sweet tbh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Silentman0 posted:

Edmund is streaming Rebirth for Twin Galaxies. There's also a whole lot of other poo poo on stream.

That is an abortion of a stream

but I need my BoI:R fix

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder what those black hearts are

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Koramei posted:

jesus christ who thought it was a good idea to let awkward nerds skype in :gonk:

Someone just screamed "gently caress her right in the friend of the family pussy" on Skype

jesus christ, nerds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hows it going NSA? :smug:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kaethela posted:

This reminds me a lot of one of those awful shows TechTV or G4 would show. It has the same vibe of trying way too hard and general awkwardness.

Wow, thanks for reminding me of how much I miss TechTV, dick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Want to get full soul hearts really really easily? If you come across a room full of hearts with the dark beggar he will pick up all the hearts. At this point he will intend to drop you a soul heart, but I guess the game forces him to spawn a regular heart. Which he will pick up. And then drop another. And then pick up. Until you get bored. Walk out of that room and he kept trying to give me hearts until I had one more than I could pick up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

Good roguelikes like Dungeon Crawl are still modern games. Call me an idiot all you like but you're the one making yourself look foolish.

legit nobody cares about your weirdo rant

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Azazel + Ludovico Technique = easy Mama's Boy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that and Ludovico just allows you to kind of move to a safe spot and deal with everything. The only no-damage I don't have is Dark Boy, messed that up on that run.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

He's got his own unlocks for mom/heart/bossrush/ect kills, but other than that..."eh".

In other news, I'm not sure if my Lil' Devil buddy is broken or if this is the effect of the super-secret room:

Uh, dood, shouldn't you be giving me soul hearts?

Edit: yeah, it's the super-secret room that's breaking it. I jumped out and he just lay the soul-hearts on me.

When this happens you get enough soul hearts to fill up your bar. Basically when you are in that room and he picks up hearts, he tries to drop a soul heart, but it seems the game forces all heart drops in those rooms to be regular hearts. Which he can then pick up. And drop. And pick up.

I've had that situation happen twice so far, and each time he has dropped the number of soul hearts equal to one more than the maximum that I could hold.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How do I get to The Chest as well as whatever other new zone there apparently is.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

How do I get to The Chest as well as whatever other new zone there apparently is.

If its just the same as BoI, then that might be it too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Genocyber posted:

Don't grab it if it's not good for you.

so never grab it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stokes posted:

Well I know the most popular BoI Twitch streamer says this a lot, but really who cares what he thinks. Hard mode is for the people with 1000 hours in the game/people who don't care that the game isn't fun.

agreed, nobody should care what some shitlord streamer says about a game because they are nearly always dumb and wrong and bad people

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the people who talk about how terrible goons are constantly are usually the most insufferable

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sartorius posted:

The new mode seems like you don't get items each floor, but have an increased money drop rate and have to buy your items. At least that's what it looks like to me. :shrug:

im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he will dick around instead of doing an expansion or sequel and do a pet project until he wants more money and then he will make them

im not saying he is greedy, just that he is an IRL person who has bills to pay

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

he will dick around instead of doing an expansion or sequel and do a pet project until he wants more money and then he will make them

im not saying he is greedy, just that he is an IRL person who has bills to pay

i just looked this up, he is actually doing Mewgenics again? neat

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Afraid of Audio posted:

monsto's lung works with brimstone now, excellent

:eyepop:

what does it do

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do you guys think it would be more fun if I started a new file to go along with the expansion?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BJPaskoff posted:

Anyone want to start a tally of how many times this question is going to be asked in the next ~12 hours or so it takes everyone to get home from work/school and play it? It's up to you whether you want to grind out all the original challenges and achievements and stuff again.

lol shut the gently caress up, i'm not reading 300 loving posts to figure out a question i want to know

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys, what are your thoughts on whether or not i should start a new file for the expansion

asking for a friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope that doesnt trigger anyone

namaste

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but i would still like your thoughts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Your Computer posted:

I didn't start a new file and I've been getting boatloads of new items. I wouldn't bother.

thank you friend, i will do this thing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Afraid of Audio posted:

3rd run i get to hush

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

same

I was so close to beating that mother fucker

what an awesome battle

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did they fix afterbirth being bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
afterbirth+ i mean

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

I watch Sinvicta's Eden streak videos sometimes and today's really takes the cake for the worst run I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj7Q141gS44

Play it at 1.5x speed so it's tolerable. This really is one of those legendary runs that people would think you're exaggerating about when you tell them how horrendous it was.

The beggar taking 51c to finally pay out followed by the demon beggar immediately giving him experimental treatment is when I was convinced the game was deliberately loving with him

jesus *christ*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat some of the new stuff is *hard*