Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
What time will this unlock on the 4th? is it 12:01? I may have to go to bed a little early, those first six or seven hours of gameplay aren't going to play themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Color Printer posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the standard 10 AM Pacific Time (or noon Central) for Steam. As for PSN, uhhhh, that's a good question.

Ah, thanks, that'll save me from trying to stay up. I honestly didn't know steam games had a general unlock time.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Oh wow, a lot of new characters.

Eden, The Lost, Azazel, Lazarus...

Is the trophy the unlock method?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I wonder if you can use seeds that net you certain items to complete achievements. If so, then 178 achievements would probably be trivial with a seed that gives you say, Epic Fetus on floor one.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

the pay to win item does a little damage to everyone in the room but you can spam it for every cent you have, basically if you have 99 cents you can literally just pay to win most hordes of enemies.

Microtransactions :argh:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

Does anyone have some broken seeds?

Ooooh, Yes please. I really want to try out things like soy milk + ludovico.

Does anyone else think the balance on this game is wayyy better? I've noticed my games are extremely quick, in a good way.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

It seems a great deal easier to get devil deals.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The key to the purist challenge is the second floor. Picking up a soul heart on floor one is vital, to avoid taking any red heart damage on the second floor and getting the highest possible chance of a devil room. At least one of the first three treasures (First boss, Second boss, Devil Room Item) should be something that upgrades your combat ability. If you're still shooting regular tears with initial strength by the cave you need to reset.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Daeren posted:

Every time I think loss.jpg has run its course. Every single time.

It's so cool that this is actually how you unlock the lost as well Die to a mulliboom as Isaac, bomb yourself to death as maggie, get stomped as judas, and then die to the devil as azazel. Neat!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I swear to god I think ??? runs are gimped in some other way other than the no-health thing. I just have consistently terrible runs with him.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Alkydere posted:

It's the inability to have permanent health. Getting more red heart containers is hard, but refilling them is incredibly easy as red hearts are a relatively common spawn so taking a point or two of damage is not very punishing on any other character (not counting the Lost) if they're taking red heart damage. ??? cannot gain red heart containers so each and every point of HP is temporary. Later on when there's more and more ways to generate soul/sin hearts this isn't as bad, but the early areas are potentially very punishing unless you somehow end up with a floor 1/2 Bum Friend.

Yes, that Is why I specifically said I think he's gimped in some other way - because his main handicap is extremely obvious. Low starting luck, maybe?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can also use poop and a bomb to fill in holes in the ground if there aren't any rocks nearby.

Wait, what?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

My cutoff for resetting is not getting a combat upgrade on one of the first two floors, either a raw damage up or a tear effect. Something, anything. There are rooms in the caves that can take minutes with base damage, that's not fun.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Did someone say that brimstone and anti-gravity tears don't have synergy? I got Anti-grav tears as Azazel and I was making blood portals that would further spurt fountains of blood. It was pretty metal, but tough to control. It would make a for a good challenge, I think.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I just let him blast me in the face with his blood laser

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would you quit over a chance to get a damage boost or one of the best spacebar items in the game? :confused:

I didn't really 'let' him so much as that's what 'happened immediately', should have clarified

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Putting unlocks behind the lost kind of sucks. My personal best is depths 2.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Samson+soy milk+spoon bender would be pretty boss if you had a few health ups in the rotation

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I don't know if anyone's noticed this, but on "cat's got your tongue" shooting enemies with the bullets of familiars appears to produce guppy flies. Made the run a lot more tolerable.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I wonder if there will be any balance changes to the lost. It was a super secret that was supposed to stay hidden for a really long time, so maybe ed didn't put a huge amount of thought into it. The only thing I would ask is that the items that are only usable on hit (and are thus completely useless to the lost) be balanced so they do something, or don't show up, I don't know.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Luck only starts working against you once you start getting too many gold chests and not enough keys. Cain's lucky foot can still net you a ton of loving loot, and how good your shop is can make or break a Cain run.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The lost starting with the holy mantle would be a good balance fix. It would increase the number of viable runs exponentially, allow you to use curse rooms, and also any other items that depend on taking damage without taking too much away from the main drawback of the lost. It fits thematically as well.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

SuicideSnowman posted:

I have to question the randomness of the RNG sometimes. Just restarted 3 games in a row because I kept getting XL Cellar at the start.

Normally I wouldn't restart, but with 2 item rooms and a D6 you'd think I'd be able to get at least one good item. First game, Magic Fingers & Bum Friend. Reroll Bum Friend into My Reflection. End up restarting just due to the annoying nature of the floor itself. Get pretty much the same exact floor, rooms and everything on the next one. Next run, I get Roid Rage and Mom's Eye Shadow. Reroll Roid Rage into Little Steven. Ok I guess I can deal with this. On to the bosses. Wooden Spoon and Speed Ball.

In all honesty, this is pretty standard for my Isaac D6 runs. I never seem to get any good items at all despite the fact that I'm rerolling the poo poo ones.

I'm not sure what the game uses for RNG, but it seems like resetting immediately does tend to give similar results. I often reset after getting a lovely item (especially when I was trying the lost) and it seemed like I would often have to do a reset or two to clear out things like experimental treatment being the first item, getting basement XL, or ANY permutation of the cellar.

seriously, is experimental treatment in multiple pools? Because I swear I've seen it four or five times today alone. Rebirth seems to suffer from the same problem vanilla did; most of the item unlocks aren't great, and unlocking more items seems to make runs harder, because you're getting a bunch of novelty items and minor stat ups.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

I think the floor damage knocks off a chunk, and so does boss damage, but I remember reading that if you don't take damage on the floor and then get hurt to the boss it counts as both floor AND boss damage and sinks your chances down to around 5%.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Yeah, the lost is a whole different ballgame. Many run salvaging strats just don't work.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Can somebody post on the reddit the following:

An Item that makes the Lost at least a little bit fun to play

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The Lost really isn't fun. It takes away too many of the strategies that make the game fun to play in the first place.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Iny posted:

That sort of room is at least supposed to reopen its doors after a minute or so if you literally can't win or escape. Failing that, you can quit and continue if that room isn't on the boss-door path.

Really? i've reset a couple of runs from insufficient range and that room.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Edit: Wrong Post

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

How's this for a lost rebalance -

A trinket that will give you a set of collectibles when you collect a health up (say, 3 bombs, 3 keys, and 3 pennies for a permanent health point, and 1 each for a soul/black heart)

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

No, you see it's important that you hit r 400 times until you get the one item that makes the lost not total bullshit because

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Holy poo poo, if anyone hasn't used the Libra/Soy Milk combo yet check out this seed. I did the boss rush, a full clear of the chest, and Mega Satan (there's a sacrifice room with a contract from below and a double chest spawn in the chest gives a dad's key) in a little over 24 minutes without even going for speed.

Yeah, this seed is crazy. I got Bob's Rotten Head in a gold chest on basement 1, used the D6 (played as isaac) and got the parasite. Then found cricket's body in the dark room.

EDIT: the left most devil deal after mom is death's touch, and got rubber cement from the boss rush. Good lord.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

Does 20/20 do anything with soy milk? I stopped picking up soy milk agaes ago so idek.

Protip: if you have a strength card, dont use it on the boss room. Save it for the devil deal instead, where the extra red heart container it temporarily gives you can be used to buy more devil things :devil:

I don't know if it still works this way or not, but in the original cheating the devil would give you a debt, so that picking up a life up wouldn't give you another heart container.