Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Of course the first Tuesday I work in weeks has to be this Tuesday. :argh:

If you guys are into the speed running/racing community, Richard_Hammer and CobaltStreak are going to be playing and streaming Rebirth 24/7 in shifts until they 100% the game.

that sounds like a profoundly terrible idea that would suck all joy out of playing it if not life itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not if you've already seen it, i think?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where we're going, we won't need wrath of the lamb :unsmigghh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Koramei posted:

It really bothers me that I don't find Isaac disgusting anymore

desensitization is a wonderful and horrifying thing

much like this game

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uh huh

kill all nerds

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I accidentally bombed the carpet in a room with a bed

:stare: Wasn't expecting that.

what happened?

also, holy poo poo the devil beggar is the best loving buddy ever, especially combined with the 9 lives pickup :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Power of Pecota posted:

If you have a chance to pick up Bob's Brain or whatever (the green brain that's like a Bob's Rotten Head that zips around) on an Azazel run, don't. Trust me.

or really ever, it's just kind of not good

e: LEO ON THE OTHER HAND :getin:

ee: i have a big fat fly bodyguard and i just picked up the "bigger orbitals" (at least i think that's what it does?) pickup. it's almost as big as me :3:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 5, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

Anyone know what the There's Options? unlock does? I've been feeding the shop every chance I get.

me too, no idea yet

in other news, i just found out that soy milk and guppy form synergize :hawaaaafap:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
forgot to mention the item that won me my first mom victory, it's called the humbling bundle and it turns all single bomb/key/heart/coin drops into doubles :2bong:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Windu posted:

Where does the item appear, in the level hat you are on? I can never find it.

What are those checkered flag rooms with the single spike tile in the middle? Why do some items have no effect like the lockpicks? What is the bad gas pill? What is anything. I don't understand this game and it doesn't tell you sh*t and kinda sucks.

It doesn't literally appear on your floor, just in the game from that point on.

Step on the spike repeatedly to find out.

No idea what you mean by lockpicks.

Bad gas makes you fart and all the enemies point and laugh except for the choking unfortunates caught in your noxious discharge.

All is vanity and artifice, we are simply delusion-plagued apes playing at gods.

You are incorrect and also you smell like expensive "acquired-taste" cheese.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Check the item explanation thing that is on the main menu.

Where is that? I've been trying to find it :saddowns:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which one

also pro tip, if you have a decent build with soy milk+guppy mode DO NOT GET BRIMSTONE

sure you'll be able to spit out brimstone by just tapping the button but the damage is so bad and you lose your fly capacity almost entirely

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
d6, and i dunno

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Windu posted:

A game like this will never find a wide audience, nor should it, but for old roguelike vets like myself it definitely scratches an itch.

:allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
monstro's lung doesn't combo good with anything, which makes me very sad

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Windu posted:

What does this fortune telling machine do? Aside from give pointless-seeming fortunes.

it drops soul hearts, trinkets, a crystal ball, and it has a huge cock on the back it uses to gently caress your wife when it comes alive at night

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pitch black is horrid and i'm glad i never have to play it agai *save deletes itself*

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, it turns out if you find a reroll room while playing the Slow Roll and you get the cursed eye, the spoon bender, and technology, you can hold down any directional fire key and everything in every room dies before you get to the next door/trap door. This includes bosses. Slow Roll, everybody!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Read posted:

The game is not "half-baked" or untested and every piece of software in the world has bugs.

don't even bother engaging with jivjov, this is roughly the average quality of their posting

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so do guppy's hairball and guppy's collar count for trying to become the Gupper himself

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just picked up the jar while attempting the tank challenge :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the pay to play item + 99 coins + mom fight = who the hell needs a bible :gizz:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Start out as eve with brimstone and xray pill, get a dark bum deal and then get this room.

Still no idea what that use item does though..

i think it gives you invulnerability when you hold down the use button, just don't let the energy bar hit zero

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lasher posted:

I haven't looked it up, but yeah, I have no idea how you're meant to do "Cat got your tongue" :stare:

Bob's Brain, Lil' Brimstone (or other familiars, but LB is easily the most effective), etc

or you could just get that Kamikaze+Pyromaniac combo and just :happyelf: everything to death

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syllogism posted:

I experimented with this and these phrases indeed seem to all be working seeds:

boob toob
camo kidd
dont stop
fart snds
clst rpho
theg host
hart beat
xxxx xxzx
camo foes
GGGG GGGG
come back
draw kcab
base ment
imno body
b911 99ac
8ajj aase
medi cine
keep track
cham pion
blin deye
conf etti
fear mint
face down
free 2pay

Almost certainly not a complete list

Platinum God is collecting seeds too.

BRWN SNKE looks loving hilarious.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1.4 trill ain't infinity but it's close enough within the limits of the human experience :v

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah it's just bad luck on your part

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goons attempt chain of tepid burns, news at 11

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brother Entropy posted:

Bets on if the speedrunning community is going to be masochistic enough to include The Lost runs for their standard format.

totally

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dis astranagant posted:

I'm at the door to Mom with this garbage, trying to win some crap challenge. The gently caress do I pull this off?

use the bomb? keep all your antigrav tears floating in front of a door in hopes that mom will shove her fat rolls into them? idk

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly i just feel kind of bad for those two dorks who are playing around the clock, that sounds like the worst loving idea you could have regarding a game you enjoy, especially out the loving gate

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i almost won Cursed but mom killed me just as i killed her :(

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first item room. guess you unlocked something that changed how the seed works

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so it turns out beating Cursed is really easy if you have the broken watch, the pact, the squeezy doll, dark matter, and death's touch

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anybody know any good roguelites other than binding of isaac, risk of rain, spelunky, or nuclear throne?

i really want a dark souls-y roguelite now, thanks meat miracle t:mad:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, i have rogue legacy and in some ways its kind of cool but it's def flawed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sometimes it's just nice to get an item that does your run for you though

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jsr v2.0 posted:

I only have 2 challenges left to beat - Demo Man and Darkness Falls! Hopefully I'll be able to knock those out tonight.

I've said this before earlier in the thread, but: The Red Candle makes non-shooting challenges a breeze. That thing does SO much damage. Unlocks by donating 450 coins, and costs 15 to buy. It recharges constantly so you can use it multiple times per room, and it can kill most bigger bosses in 3-4 uses. It also leaves fire on the ground for more mobile bosses that don't stay still.

Working on Demo Man, I had a chance to buy a Brimstone from the Devil Room. I passed it up, because I assume that it won't replace my Bombs. Did I make a huge mistake?

Yes. Now you won't be making GBS threads out dozens of bombs at a time and killing yourself destroying everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRagamuffin posted:

The faces change slightly with each version. The brimstone ones drool blood.

They're still really, really similar though.