Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's the only one I've played and it's one of the most fun games I've ever experienced

3 is fun if you can ignore the game's less-than-subtle theme that you the player are a callous bastard for enjoying the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Karma Monkey posted:

Sparrows are great. :3:
Starlings, on the other hand, are total bastards. They can gently caress right off.

Wrens are great, too. There's a pair that nest in a tree right outside my bedroom window, feasting on bugs attracted to the window at night.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Florida Man arrested today for punching a flamingo at a theme park.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

fizzymercy posted:

I bet that kookaburra sits in an old gum tree, Merry King of bush is he. Laugh, kookaburra, laugh kookaburra, gay your life must be.

I posted this in another thread as well.

ExecuDork posted:

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry merry king of the bush is he!
Sing! kookaburra, sing! kookaburra sing your song for me!
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the
OI! GET THE FACK AWAY FROM ME BARBIE YA FAT oval office!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

fizzymercy posted:

The cutest supervillian. Chairman of the Boars is definitely On The Case.

Wait till it grows up. Feral boars are gigantic assholes that destroy everything they can find for fun and don't think twice about charging people.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I'm a public librarian and the only thing about this that would surprise me less would be if the book was a Christian romance paperback or an Amish romance (yes, that second one is a genre unto itself and has a serious fanbase).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Look upon my works and despair, ye mighty. One of the more prolific and popular authors in the Amish romance genre, and incredibly popular with elderly women at every public library I've worked at.

At the library I currently am at, romance novels written by and for middle-age-and-up women account for around half of the books we check out most days.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Having watched Planet Earth 2 recently I'm pretty sure every bird's sexiest traits are loving stupid

Can't be worse than cockatiels. :derptiel: is a thing for a reason.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bogan King posted:

Queenstown police chase stopped by sheep.

This has to be from New Zealand, right?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Crumbletron posted:

Why would they serve fried pastries at a ripper joint

Because this is America and more specifically Florida. I have no trouble believing this story, given that it supposedly happened in Jacksonville.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Just LOL if you think anybody's going to impeach Trump.

True. President Pence is a scarier notion than President Trump.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
While also horrifying, especially given the context...

https://twitter.com/NWS/status/902174274571689984

The National Weather Service genuinely had to redraw their scales and charts to accommodate Hurricane Harvey.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Afriscipio posted:

Look up "corrective rape." Then cry for our species.

This was explicit Nazi policy for why they prosecuted gay men but not gay women. The only purpose of women is to pump out babies for the Fatherland, and a woman's consent to that end is not required.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SpacePig posted:

Man, when it comes to heroin, Pennsylvania Man is very quickly catching up to Florida Man.

Florida is more meth than heroin.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Why am I not surprised to hear about this happening in Myakka? I live near there, Myakka is a "town" with only one traffic light, and it defaults to perpetually blinking yellow.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pasco County. Of course it's Florida.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samuringa posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/989974746350673920

Someone called the cops on an ice cream truck

Someone called the cops on an ice cream truck

To be fair, those jingles can be annoying as gently caress.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I see your Portland and raise you Florida.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1024252365044637696

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/_FloridaMan/status/1025441582005141507

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The MSJ posted:

Florida?

Can't be us this time, we don't have fireflies this far south.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The judge should sentence that guy to write a check directly to the publisher for the replacement books.

Memo: "Gay Agenda"

I'm a librarian, minus the memo that's what's going to happen more or less. The library is going to charge him all the replacement fees.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Just when you think American politics can't get any weirder...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Z_Everson/status/1057435121622638599

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1067843326177656833

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

City of O.P.P.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opp,_Alabama

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I'm guessing pregnancy tests are not part of the routine for comatose patients. It's also not like she can walk around gorging on ice cream, so I doubt she suddenly got real fat. All things considered, I feel like "she's pregnant" would be sooooo far down the list of things you'd suspect about a person in a fourteen-year coma that you'd overlook a lot of suspicious poo poo.

I don't want to think about it too much, though, because that story is loving GROSS. When they catch they guy who did this, they should probably just kill him and call it a day.

My suspicion would be that the staff knew drat well and tried to cover up the whole thing until someone blew the whistle.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Azathoth posted:

The whole "fallen angel" conception of Lucifer is mostly extrabiblical. The only time the word appears in the Bible is when the author of Isaiah is talking poo poo about the King of Babylon. It comes mostly from medieval readings of Revelation that only persist today in crazyass fundamentalist circles. That is to say the idea of Lucifer as a fallen angel is about as biblical as the Rapture.

And the Antichrist. 'Antichrist' only crops up in the Bible as a term used to describe anyone who's against Christ - it's a generic term. But people for some reason conflate the term with the false prophet of Revelation while also misunderstanding what Revelation says about that figure in that particular drug trip that's about Rome.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

By popular demand posted:

:smuggo:pfft look at those silly Christians, can't even remember which parts of their spiritual world is scripture and which parts just glomed on through the centuries.

I am a Christian. :v:

Nothing depresses me more about the state of the world than the state of the religion I believe in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Larch posted:

There's a lot more to the mythological background of the Bible than just the Bible itself.

I mean, I'm a Buddhist so I don't give a drat about these fairy tales but you can't just say ,"the Bible only says this about Lucifer and so that's all there is, the rest is fan fiction".

That's a silly perspective.

You absolutely can. That's the view of Protestants, who view the Bible as the only document directly inspired by God and ignore everything else (in theory). We call this principle Sola Scriptura, that only the Bible is the authentic word of God and should be the only basis for Christianity.

This view is not shared by Catholics or Orthodox, and even Protestants apply it to varying degrees depending on denomination, but only caring about the Bible and ignoring everything else is absolutely believed by millions of people (including me).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Platystemon posted:

Everyone keeps some tradition.

I agree, but tradition holds no authority over the Bible or my beliefs and has no innate purpose or spiritual value.

In the actual religion thread over in A/T, when I first started posting there years ago as perhaps the first Evangelical (very socially and theologically liberal Evangelical, I hate the right wing), that was one of the hardest ideas to get across to people raised in other religious traditions, that Protestants see all that tradition and theology that's not in the Bible and say that's nice and if it means something to you go nuts, but it has no spiritual meaning in and of itself.

This isn't the right thread to discuss all that.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Splicer posted:

Do you have a link to any parts where you talk about Apocrypha, Deuterocanonical texts, different translations etc?

No, because my response is simply "I don't give a poo poo and I'm confused that you think I would." A core part of Evangelical belief is that it ultimately comes down to your one on one relationship with God, not the fine details of what you may or may not believe.

I see the Apocrypha, Deuterocanonical texts, etc and shrug. They're completely irrelevant to me.

Cythereal has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Jan 18, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Splicer posted:

Rude. I ask because

If what's in the bible is important to you I would have figured that what's in the bible is important to you.

I'm not being rude, I'm being straightforward and honest. What's in the Bible is important to me. What's not is not.

We clearly have very, very different ideas of religion and spirituality.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Man Hiding Drugs in Butt Accidentally Shoots Himself in Testicles.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Burkion posted:

It sure is a conflicting article isn't it

Like a roller coaster ride of "Oh that's oh wait but oh that's wait no"

Reminds me far too strongly of the compulsory sterilization laws that got phased out by the 70s. Surprise, they were almost exclusively targeted at racial and sexual minorities.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Scathach posted:

So how long before some black 18yo that's having sex with his 17yo girlfriend gets sterilized? Or some black guy nude in his own house is reported by a neighbor and sterilized? Because I feel like that's what this is gonna become.

Or two gay teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

cinni posted:

Police warn flushing drugs down the toilet could create 'meth-gators'

LORETTO, Tenn. — A police department in Tennessee is warning people to stop flushing drugs down their toilets or sinks out of fear they could create "meth-gators."

The Loretto Police Department recently posted the ominous Facebook warning after officers found a suspect unsuccessfully trying to flush meth and paraphernalia at a home.

He was arrested, but police say this is becoming an issue because flushed drugs can end up in retention ponds for processing before they are sent downstream.

"Our sewer guys take great pride in releasing water that is cleaner than what is in the creek, but they are not really prepared for meth," the police department wrote on social media. "Ducks, geese, and other fowl frequent our treatment ponds and we shudder to think what one all hyped up on meth would do."

In 2017, however, The Telegraph reported how a jungle python was found addicted to methamphetamine. The newspaper said the reptile was discovered during a police raid on a meth lab. The snake needed six weeks of detox.

https://www.khou.com/article/life/a...brr8rNT2aMBw_zo

How is this not Florida?