Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I stopped doing those monthly things of pretty much any sort because the scheduling is just too stressful for me, especially this time of year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rockopolis posted:

Isn't that the ending to Drakengard?

One of them, yeah. You go to Earth somehow and fight jets and a giant music themed rhythm puzzle boss.

Edit: It is much less cool than it sounds.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tollymain posted:

that's the timeline that causes nier right

Yep, when everything from the Drakengard world dies in that ending it unleashes the horrible magical calamity that makes Nier, which was horribly depressing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tollymain posted:

yeah but nobody plays gurps either

I'm not even sure I remember how to play GURPS.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ewen Cluney posted:

Yesterday I got laid off from my job, as did about half of the company. Aside from the job search itself, I'm kinda going nuts working on making things to stay sane. Hence I woke up at 4 a.m. and put the finishing touches on Schoolgirl RPG, a mini-RPG (clocking in at 7 pages) based on the rules of Maid RPG. So check it out maybe.

Well, I bought it. You make good stuff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well I know what I'm doing next week.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Night10194 posted:

I've owned the old Basic Roleplay Call of Cthulhu for well over a decade and never gotten to run it. Other than that, I've generally gotten a stab at everything I've owned, since I'm perpetually the GM instead of a player.

Still want to run Iron Heroes some day, though, see if it fixes 3.5's feat system some. Oh, and I haven't gotten to run Pendragon yet, but I've got friends who want to play some time when we finish our current games. And I suppose I own but haven't run Monsterhearts.

Hahaha Iron Heroes fixing anything. It's still full of the same 'system mastery' bullshit like trap feats and options that look sound until you actually play them.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Davin Valkri posted:

Let me assure you that that is on the LOW END for games with roots in that era. Shadowrun and d20 charas can easily take me several hours as I look for options, go back and recheck my math, and figure out how to get my concept on paper.

To be honest if you can't spend an hour building a character than the system is probably extremely rules lite. Even something like Fate Accelerated I can easily spend an hour brainstorming Aspects.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

gnome7 posted:

6/10, it doesn't go nearly far enough in emulating how the mario RPGs work and it uses old fashioned "roll for initiative" instead of a "good guys bad guys" default turn order. Also there are way too many stats and it doesn't even have timed hits.

I really like games without randomized turn order. Roll for initiative works in games where combat is the main draw, I guess, like a tactics minigame (4e, GURPS, to a lesser extent 3e)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dwarf74 posted:

Speaking of... I just started reading the Mistborn series. Has anyone tried out the rpg? Trying to decide whether or not to add it to my Christmas list.

I've run it a time or two, it's good but has some mechanical oddness. Definitely worth a buy if you really like the series, as it was made with extensive assistance from the author to make sure the magic and setting are book accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

At least that's within the same region of SAN loss inducing, unlike this. Edit: For those of you worried, the picture is work safe, if you consider Cthulhu imagined as an anime woman to be work safe.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 30, 2014

• Locked thread