Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Joementum posted:

He was "fired" by the Trump campaign late last year and then proceeded to get booked on cable shows all the time as a "former Trump aide" where he proceeded to kiss Trump's rear end for five minutes.

Yeah this seems to be a standard method when sacking a useful minion. Retain some usefulness by the minion being a mouthpiece for you on cable news. This is what happened to the guy from the Cruz campaign who got "fired" over the deception about Carson getting out of the campaign, I think his name was Rick Tyler? Spent the rest of the primary shilling for Cruz on cable news until Cruz quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Trump's a mess!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160401-20160614/collapsed/true/spotlight/1

Bloomberg is not the only new poll showing a double digit lead for Clinton. :sad:

Trump's a nasty guy!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

fade5 posted:

Correct. Elizabeth Warren may or may not have Native American heritage (if she does, it's way back in the past), but either way Trump constantly calling her "Pocahontas" is not going to endear him to the vast majority of Native Americans.

It's not going to endear him with anyone who doesn't like someone who acts like a giant dick.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

That's only a 9 point lead. :sad:... For Clinton!!

If you scroll the little line out to the most recent data point you get:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Three Olives posted:

At what point do we seriously have to ask ourselves if Trump is trying to throw the election or if he is legit mentally ill?

Why can't it be all of the above?

The time since Trump clinched the nomination has been so strange. I really thought he had a chance to change up his methods and image for the general election, as unlikely as it would be for the actual man to change at his age. The guy must have some minimum level of intelligence and cleverness just to market himself so effectively.

But it just seems like the guy has been doing nothing but eating his own poop on national media for weeks now, while Clinton has had by comparison a very positively themed clinching of her nomination complete with very well done endorsements from huge figures like the President, and done a good job with her own speeches with the San Diego and Brooklyn speeches.

The polls are beginning to reflect the opposite trajectories of the campaigns.

Sometimes when people achieve a great goal (especially unstable megalomaniacs), they undergo some kind of emotional crisis with unpredictable results. It's been said that something like this happened with Bobby Fischer when he finally achieved his lifetime goal of winning the world chess championship over Spassky, it caused some emotional upheaval and the ultimate result was that he pretty much quit the game in his prime, never defended his title or really competed seriously again.

Something like that might be going on with Trump after achieving the nomination, especially if he realizes on some level that the Presidency is out of reach.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

logikv9 posted:

probations are like dying in an arcade game: when you come back you should be invulnerable for a set period of time, obviously

But then you have fishmech camping the spawn points and power armor spots with a rail gun.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Where does one get these fine items of apparel?

Also I don't ordinarily advocate ironing T-shirts, but this guy maybe should have.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Von Sloneker posted:

The earlier pic of the inflatable Trump klansman really didn't do justice to the scale of the thing.

Best Mardi Gras float ever.

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about Jeb going godzilla at the national convention!

Now the circle is complete.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

"I've done... questionable things."

"The light that burns half as long, burns twice as bright. And you have burned so very brightly, Donald."

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Jimmy Rabbitte: Do you not get it, lads? The Irish are the blacks of Europe. And Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland. And the Northside Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin. So say it once, say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud.

You're missin' the point. The success of the campaign was irrelevant - you raised their expectations of Making America Great Again, you lifted their horizons. Sure we could have had fundraisers, used Frank Luntz focus groups, teleprompters voter ID laws, all that stuff, but that would have been predictable. This way it's poetry.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sorry if it's been posted, but I love the NY Daily News and their headlines:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wow. It's like the "A Christmas Story" kid grew up to become a columnist for The National Review.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Revoke Boosted of his IK privileges and have him retroactively toxxed for Trump.

Take his coat!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

alt-right trolling aside rick wilson is pretty pathetic, he keeps saying that there needs to be this huge reckoning for trump and anyone who supports him and yet he still hypes up rubio every chance he gets

Rick also blames everything on Trump and the people bending the knee and there's no examination from him of how the GOP got to where its voter base would be susceptible to picking a clownish racist cheeto. It's a process that took many years.

Patter Song posted:

I'm seriously fascinated in how the GOP is going to pick up the pieces and try to become a normal party again after this cycle.

The thing is, the more they push to reform, the pissier and louder the primary voters get and the greater the dangersome other tribune of the common Trumpenproletariat comes along and derails all their plans again.

The GOP desperately needs to...de-carnivalize itself? The GOP is a deeply unserious circus and that has allowed the Democrats(!) to become the grown-up adult party, despite everything. The thing is, the GOP's electorate likes the circus. They like demanding that dangerously ignorant nutcases like Ben Carson be treated like legitimate politicians even as Dr. Carson openly pitches a useless dietary supplement as a cancer cure on a debate stage.

Yeah, Obama getting elected really sent them off the rails. It was all about Wille Horton racist dogwhistling in the past, but as of 2008 you started to get people like Palin, Bachmann and Herman Cain being actual candidates and leading the polls for various periods of time. You didn't really get actual clownish candidates until then, and now you got King Klown.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So is the rest of Trump's campaign going to be pretty much "incites mob", and is he going to be able to get away with doing this and keep coyly pretending he's doing something else?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wow Trump got his own running mate to write an article on his behalf! Pretty sweet!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

lawl

https://twitter.com/JimmyJazz1968/status/786272133659840513

Although I do have to quibble a bit with the Japan part of the map.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Where will all the Trump/Pence/MAGA swag end up?

-worn unrepentantly by bitter rednecks until the end of time
-ironically worn by hipsters
-on a table full of one dollar merchandise in some street market in Somalia
-they've been mandatory school and work uniform since (consults Trumpopedia) 2017, why do you ask, Citizen?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Whole Internet posted:

my reverse arzy is that now that everyone watching the mainstream media and 538 thinks Clinton will barely squeek by... if she ends up winning by a 2012-sized margin with NC, FL, NV, and NH... it'll only reinforce the perception among Trump supporters that the election is fraudulent

Yeah, I've thought about this. Especially since polls don't account for ground game discrepancy. But I'd rather have that problem than have her lose or win a squeaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think a good portion of the decrease in African American turnout in NC so far can be attributed to the state SEVERELY cutting back on early voting hours and sites this year in the areas and times where African Americans vote. While that's not good, there's still a fair chance that a good number of those votes will be made on election day anyway, in otherwords, hopefully the NC GOP merely shifted the voting pattern rather than successfully suppressing a big number of votes. Unfortunately we can't know that until Tuesday.

• Locked thread