Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Cracked_Gear posted:

ahh ha ha ha Florida or bust and he's not running ads? He must want out theres no way hes this dumb.

They aren't that horrible, yet. The Super PAC is paying for the ads, not the campaign.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/707395381324357632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I don't see how this really hurts Trump in the long term. If people keep harping on it then just fire the guy. Only one guy to fire and it goes away, if if even gets that far in the first place.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
You guys really don't get why people like Ralph prefer "Make America Great Again" to "Make America Like Denmark Now"?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Kasich's biggest problem is the conservative media. It seems like he has no big name supporters who aren't establishment politicians.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
So regardless of what happens in November, what does everyone think of the prediction that "Trump Republicans" become a real thing and we see people running for congress under this label in 2018?

I think if he gets the nomination there will be at least a few in the South. I think there will be more if Hillary wins than if Trump wins.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Fiction posted:

BLM is actively fighting the candidate who would be disastrous to their rights as American citizens and human beings but I'm not surprised you're against that since they're not white immigrants

How the hell would Trump be disastrous for black citizens rights? Kneejerk BS like this is only going to help Trump in the end.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

Probably! If you actually look at the policy proposals he's published, they're nearly identical to boilerplate GOP candidate proposals. The only difference between him and the rest of the party is that he wants to build a useless wall, and he openly courts white supremacists instead of covertly.

And I know this is (probably) a joke, but it's true. There are many groups in our society who almost certainly will be harmed by a Trump presidency. It's awfully selfish to vote for Trump just to "roll the dice" and end up further causing harm to already oppressed groups.

What groups and what real reason is there to believe this? As of now I see no reason to believe that any of Trump's more extreme policies will ever be enacted, and "causing harm to already oppressed groups" just sounds like knee jerk liberal hyperbole that we hear everyday. Stuff like this is the same type of fear-mongering that the right does. You sound like a liberal Glenn Beck with this poo poo.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
It's starting to become difficult to come up with a scenario where this election isn't already over. I don't think horrible Hillary gaffes or even multiple terror attacks would be enough. Only thing I can think of is a serious health scare from Hillary and even then Trump still probably wouldn't win against Kaine or whoever.

I'm interested to see how will the media react if they start thinking that most of their audience also sees the race this way. Obama started to look pretty much inevitable in 08 but that wasn't until late October and we still have 3 months to go. Back then towards the end there was a lot of Palin bashing but McCain was still shown a lot of respect. It's starting to feel like some of these talking heads are soon going to drop the horse race pretense and move onto some other narrative. The GOP civil war is already kind of old news.

Will they start to show open contempt and ridicule for Trump? What about his supporters? That uncensored video wasn't really necessary. Imagine how much more footage like that they could capture if they wanted to.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

zoux posted:

Has Trump said or done anything racist vs black folks becide general anti-BLM stuff that everyone everywheres doing anyway? It's interesting that he polls so badly with them while Hispanic voters, whose heritage and history he's slandered constantly, are more likely to vote for him. I guess that's a testament to Hillary's ties to that constituency, I wonder how different the "are you voting for her or against him" is in the African American crosstab vs the population as a whole.

What do Trump's numbers look like among Muslim voters.

He acted like he didn't know who David Duke was in that one interview, I think that was big. Retweeting alt-righters as well but Duke is literal KKK and he just acted really annoyed when they asked him to to disavow his support. I don't think there are too many blacks willing to overlook that.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Slate Action posted:

But seriously. Say he magically stays on script and just gives totally rote, boring speeches and interviews until the election. That has to give him a chance, right?

I son't think so. He's lost to many people already over these last two weeks. He has a chance to not get totally blown out and humiliated, but no real chance to win.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
It probably is true that Hillary's health isn't tip-top right now. Blood clot in the brain is no small matter even with a full recovery. Seriously doubt it is bad enough for her to become incapacitated or withdraw though. I do think it's possible that she won't run for reelection in 2020 because of health reasons. She's really old now. Look at how much the presidency ages people.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
LOL search 2nd Amendment on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?q=2nd%20amendment&src=tyah

He's not getting away without explaining this one.

Tbh I'm not sure how funny this really is... :(

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Not even North Korea can resist getting in on this one.

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/763113491700088832

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So here's the thing about Katrina Pierson, she's a moron and no one should ever listen to her.

She's kinda hot tho...

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Are you loving kidding me?

:commissar:

:derp:

Edit poo poo. That's really old. Still leaving it because:

https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/763102551705214976

This poo poo is becoming a pattern. If the authorities really start warning\loving with Trump, will it be comparable to third world dictators jailing their political opponents? I think Hannity and the boys might spin it this way.

breaklaw fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 10, 2016

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

the trump tutelage posted:

Remember when DWS had to step down as DNC chair because of her unethical behaviour and then Hillary immediately hired her onto her campaign as a big "gently caress You" to the electorate? The media doesn't.

I think DWS must have a map to where the bodies are buried or something. Even Obama himself was wary of openly going up against her. She got removed as chair and everything but I think she's somehow bulletproof in a way that we won't find out for a long time.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Don't Pass Trump the Blunt

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Squizzle posted:

i thought that NC going for Obama was just an '08 wave event, not a realignment. but with loving Georgia and Arizona opening up as potential swing states this time, i have to let myself feel some hope that a major shift has truly been happening in the country. i think this feeling is...happiness?!

The only thing that makes it a realignment is the fact that a "Generic Republican" will find a hard time winning the nomination. If Cruz or Kasich or Romney had made it to the general I doubt that those states would be in play. Maybe NC but not loving Arizona. The main thing that's changed is an unelectable candidate winning the nomination.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Sorry to tell you guys but the thread title, and the whole NAMBLA thing, it's not that funny really. Should've have gotten old already by now.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
So with these new polls, this is probably Trump's best case scenario:

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

I was playing the @Trump I you but game and found this:

https://twitter.com/TedLindquist/status/763491242353111040

What are you DOING, Ted? What do you see in this guy?

This is a fun game.

https://twitter.com/astormydawna/status/764056555108966400

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

beergod posted:

What does everyone think Trump's mentioning of Utah (having big, big problems in Utah) means? I feel like he somehow doesn't understand how this all works, or he's absolutely convinced he's going to win the major swing states he absolutely has to win. It just seemed like a bizarre statement (not unusual from him obv.) and I feel like maybe it gives an insight into his understanding of the whole process.

The crowds in Utah are probably not as large as in other states. Trump judges how he is doing by the size of the crowds. The poll are all rigged for Crooked Hillary.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
As much as I hate to say that Trump is right about something, CNN is pretty much blatantly anti-Trump all day every day. Of course he deserves it, but I don't remember ever seeing this level of obvious negative bias against anyone except for Obama and FOX. Sarah Palin got it pretty bad but it was way less intense than this.

Right now CNN is running against Trump like FOX was running against Obama in 08.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

I'm curious how legitimate Trump supporters feel about Trump's recent nonstop complaints about the media/unfair coverage/etc.

It seems like something that makes him seem weaker and certainly won't win him any votes. I know his bedrock voters are pretty unshakable, but I wonder if any 'regular' voters see this as anything but a tantrum?

Probably a few like

https://twitter.com/DSarna/status/764871685304647682

But way more like

https://twitter.com/Mountaingirl757/status/764669926527365120

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Are you now, or have you even been, a member of the Republican Party

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/765022881176776706

God drat. Suddenly realizing how serious this is. Won't there have to be some kind of congressional hearing over this?

- Multi million dollar direct link between Trump's campaign head and the former president of a foreign government (who was opposed under US policy) is discovered.
- GOP platform includes surprise pro-Russia policy change during Trump's formal nomination.
- Trump publicly (sarcastically) asks Russia to hack Hillary's emails.
- Scope of Russia based cyber attack on the Democratic party seems to be growing every day, they hacked the whole party.

I mean, if this were the Reagan of Bush years there would be a major congressional investigation and public hearing over this without question. Everybody involved would have to testify or face charges. Office of the Special Prosecutor, the whole nine yards.

What do think Obama is going to do?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I don't see how Congress or the federal government can get involved before the election is over.

They have to, all of this this is strong, more than circumstantial evidence of foreign interference in our presidential election. Like, it really looks like this guy was paid to influence the Republican presidential nominee and is at least partially succeeding. How is this not a National Security emergency, just because Trump doesn't currently hold office?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

This is a no bullshit full-court NY Times article. Primary sources and firsthand accounts. They've been working on this for a while.

This is what I'm saying. There has to be an investigation after something like this.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
What if this is why Trump is deliberately tanking his campaign, so he won't ever have to deliver on favors for Russia?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/JoePrich/status/765141731771682816

https://twitter.com/AJDelgado13/status/765030349504208896

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Seems like this might not be all of it.

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/764992807236808704

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Prediction: Maybe Trump wasn't tweeting because they were busy re-writing the speech. Softening the anti-NATO stuff after the Times story.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm all for it. The guy is a dangerous lunatic who is going to end up inciting violence when he loses (if his comments haven't done so already). I want him to have nothing by the time this is over.

Yeah if something happens these fuckers have to own it. They will probably try and blame Obama.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Lum_ posted:

Why did Obama not give a speech in Mubarak's Egypt about how awful Islam is to women and gays and funding terror.

(Also there was no renegotiation of the Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq because the Iraqis wanted our troops out. I guess we could have just said no and re-invaded!)

Not true. The Iraqi PM would have accepted anything Obama wanted and implemented it unilaterlaly. Obama added the condition that the Iraqi Parliment having to approve the agreement, likely because he didn't really want an agreement to materialize. Watch the PBS documentary and hear his only people describing it this way.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

TBeats posted:

Also didn't Iraq want the authority to try our troops in Iraqi courts?

The parliament, mostly the Sunni opposition to al-Malaki, added this condition.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I think this is actually a pretty good speech.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Princeps32 posted:

maybe i'm coming from the wrong perspective, so I can't see it, what do you like about it exactly? not ironic. it seems like the same disorganized script mess he usually does.

He's pointing out specific policy missteps instead of just railing against muslims. Obama hasn't done everything right in foreign policy. Most people don't want to see the type of immigration that Germany has seen over the last two years into this country and believe that Merkel is making a huge mistake. He's tying Muslim extremist intolerance to the broader intolerance towards gays that is viewed negatively by a majority of americans. He wasn't clearly explaining his policy positions like this during the primaries.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Harry Reid has some of the best troll game the US Senate has ever seen. Last cycle with Romney's tax returns was gold. This is pretty funny too.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

it is important to recognize breaklaw was 100% down with Trump before he figured out that Trump wasn't just appealing to racists for shits and giggles courtesy of the judge incident.

he is a caricature of the Lib Dem voter made flesh: sure, he wants to imprison and/or starve the poor in the name of social darwinism, but he wants them to suffer for being poor, not for being the wrong skin color. when you make the racism too obvious he gets cold feet.

I never supported Trump as Trump. I supported him as someone from outside the Washington power establishment who would be able to refuse demands from power brokers and special interests. This was back before he proved to me and everyone else that he is actually not very intelligent and quite possibly mentally ill.

And there is nothing racist about promoting meritocracy as a part of a path to a fairer society.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

yes, yes, back when he was promising to deport eleven million people and build a wall you thought he was an exciting breath of fresh air, and then he called a judge- a person of means, and therefore merit- biased for being mexican.

and the second you realized that oh, right, people like judge curiel exist, not ALL latinos are untermenschen who deserve to be kicked out of the country for offending you with their poorness, you did a complete 180.

I thought he was taking extreme positions on immigration to appeal to the Republican base for the primary and that he would soften and ultimately abandon those positions in the general election. I never thought he would be stupid enough to actually keep pressing for that nonsense this long or that he actually believed in it. It made sense at the time. I thought he actually wanted to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

I've always loved the Daily News. Mostly because it had 4 pages of comics but also its hate for Trump.

And, I don't know what counts as 'successful' to Giuliani but he forgot about the '93 WTC bombing as well.

No he remembered and specifically mentioned it happened in 1993. You see kids,, we only had successful terror attacks under the Democratic presidents....

• Locked thread