Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
The cutoff for determining which candidates make the cut for the first debate is August 4th, right? That's pretty tight. Trump had better not flame out before then--two days is not enough time to reschedule my Trump Extravaganza viewing party. (I know the kiddie table debate exists, but it's just not the same...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Gayness is a ladder...

Those differently-sized eyes :pwn:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

comes along bort posted:

that might be the first internet comment section worth reading

You weren't kidding.

Incognito Walröss posted:

You literally sourced an editorial from Bloomberg that some human being had an opinion on. GEE I THINK JEB'S A friend of the family-loving RHINOCEROS! I HOPE TRUMP USES MY KNOWLEDGE AND OPINION IN HIS NEXT ATTACK AD!

gently caress off Yeb!, America needs a real leader, not an establishment cuckservative, a slave to the lobbyists.

TRUMP 2016

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The Nastier Nate posted:

It's really brilliant on Trumps part because he is accelerating the culling of sub %5 candidates, mitigating his liabilities (being he is not a great debater) and proving his narrative that he is an expert negotiator. I may not agree with most of Trump's policies, but he's definitely sold me that he knows how to negotiate, or at the very least throw his weight around without hesitation.

Seriously, I need to keep reminding myself that world leaders are much harder to push around than TV pundits and Jeb!, lest I actually start believing his narrative that he'd be America's greatest communicator.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

But... If Trump was looking for attention, he could've just left that tweet up there. It would've created a nice controversy and kept him in the news for another cycle. Walking it back means--

Oh god. He actually thinks he can make it.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

fade5 posted:

Trump has drunk deep of his own supply.

He has been leading the polls since July 19th, his strongest "competition" is a neurosurgeon who has not ever held any sort of political office, and all who have tried to take him on so far (Jeb!, Fiorina, Rand Paul, Jeb! again, Megyn Kelly, Jeb! for the third time) have ended up losing, and in Jeb!'s case, losing hard.

Not only does Trump think he can make it all the way, I'm starting to think that if Rubio crashes and burns then Trump will end up making it all the way.

The progression of Trump's candidacy has put me in the mind of that episode from South Park (I know, I know) where Obama was a master thief whose entire presidential bid was actually just an extremely complex con to get him into the Oval Office so that he could steal some enormous jewel from under it. And then when he won, he said, "You know what? I was going to fake my own death after this and GTFO, but I think I'll stay and try my hand at this presidency thing after all."

I guess life imitates (lovely) art.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

TheTatteredKing posted:

My flashlight app is telling me to vote Ben Carson

Every time I go on imgur I get ads telling me to vote for Carson. I don't know who he thinks his target audience is.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Making it seem like staying home from the caucuses is giving in to THE MEDIA. Trump loving knows what he's doing.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Is there an exact timetable somewhere for the Iowa caucuses? Google tells me they're called to order at 7, but are there going to be events before then? Is there any particular location I should be watching?

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

pwn posted:

Do Not Resuscitate, why did you ragequit the thread and delete your previous 1,159 posts, and change your name last Friday :confused:

edit: I seriously loved the Jeb! Failure Report and now regret not having them saved for posterity

He was really upset that some people didn't like his eyedropper color closeups of Jeb!'s teeth. Seems like an odd hill to die on, but :shrug:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

My friend's parents brought the family dog to caucus with them in Iowa. She's probably the happiest Jeb! supporter in the state right now.

e: I should have caught up with this thread! Her name is Haley and she's a good dog, she doesn't deserve any of this. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cygna fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 1, 2016

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Rubio malfunctioning was great, but his biggest :wtf: moment for me was when he claimed Hillary Clinton thought all abortions should be legal, even on the due date of the child. I looked it up and apparently this isn't even the first time he's said that. Come on, I know Democrats are supposed to be evil and all, but :psyduck:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Patter Song posted:

Fun note: New Hampshire has a 10% threshold for getting delegates. Any candidate below that gets 0. Just something to file away and remember Tuesday.

So when a certain portion of the field fails to hit the viability threshold, what does that mean for the delegates? Do an equal percentage of them remain unassigned until the convention, or are they allotted proportionally to those who did meet the threshold? I know this has been discussed before but I can never remember crazy primary rules

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's left for them to talk about?

Scalia!

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I honestly, sincerely thought Jeb was going to pull a Budd Dwyer while he was up on stage. I was on the edge of my seat, wondering if I was going to watch a man die. Why else would his speech be so fatalistic? Why else would he have bought that gun?? This thread has gotten to me.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

Oh my god, no

Cruz gonna lock all the Trump delegates in a banquet hall and pull out the crossbows

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Prof. Lurker posted:

Mark levins show right now is a must listen

"Is this a game to you?! Is this funny?!"

:allears:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Aww, the Levin show commercials want me to adopt a cat. That's nice

e: ^^ http://www.iheart.com/live/mark-levin-show-5522/

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

CNN called it for Trump

it's over

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Levin taking callers right now and going full Master Shake

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/JazzyTux007/status/727638045869146112

:allears:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

So how does Indiana allocate its delegates?

30 for the statewide winner and 27 by district. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/IN-R

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

holy gently caress, it's really over

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Trump ate them all. Every last one of them

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Technogeek posted:

Wow, Carly Fiorina is even better at killing jobs than she used to be.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Trump seems kind of disoriented and subdued in his victory speech. I don't think even he was expecting Cruz to drop out

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Good morning, day crew. Do we have a bad hombres gang tag yet? (On mobile, so I can't tell.) I think the text from this would do nicely

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Snark posted:

won't be happy until it reads "...same probability that an NFL kicker misses the ball entirely. like totally swings his leg and just whiffs the drat thing"

"Swings his leg and his leg falls off"

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

does anyone else sing trump doctor sex cake to the chorus of blood sugar sex magik

No, but I can sing it to the tune of Happy Birthday

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

alnilam posted:

srsly i keep saying this, you would have to go laughably out of your way to take transit to your polling station in philly or pittsburgh for that matter

hmm my polling place is 150 yards away.... i guess i have to walk a block up to chestnut and wait 10 minuts to catch the 15 and ride it 2 stops and then walk 2 blocks back to where my polling plac ewas :confused:

e:d ballsk

Philly goon here. There is a polling station literally on the ground floor of my apartment. Y'all need to chill.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I can't believe it's almost over

I'll miss you, thread

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

boethius posted:

Going to frame this and put it on the wall.

Countdown till we see this on a sign at a protest

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

Where r u going

We may keep the thread open but it'll never be the same :(

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Slate Action posted:

Good morning and remember, ignore the early exit polls.

Well where the gently caress am I going to get my fix then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

oh boy i cant wait to close this thread on the white supremacist number

I can't wait till we melt the servers for good before ever hitting that number

• Locked thread