Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

quote:

"God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy,”

That's a well-marketed title if I ever heard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Is the narrative "explicitly continuing a dynastic presidency"?

Calling it for 2016: Hillary and Chelsea against Jeb Bush and Liz Cheney :unsmigghh:

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 22, 2015

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I believe that is what they tell you.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Nessus posted:

There's also a shitload of people in Texas, at least, who are "1/16th Cherokee" because they actually show a physical trait or two that suggest black ancestry, but you can't go talking about THAT, now can you?

The mythical Cherokee Princess that lurks in family trees throughout the American South.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

quote:

"With his Iran deal, Barack Obama is for the 300 million souls of the United States what Andreas Lubitz was for the 150 souls on the German Wings flight - a deranged pilot flying his entire nation into the rocks. After the fact, among the smoldering remains of American cities, the shocked survivors will ask, why did he do it?"

Hopefully we get some more stuff of this caliber after the next mass shooting, using the deaths of innocent people as a prop really elevates political discourse.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
e: not the place

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Most Americans are very much in favor of that, nothing abnormal about it.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

ohgodwhat posted:

I assume it's like that old, bullshit Facebook politics quiz that told everyone they were libertarian in order to convert people.

the bottom of the diamond is the bad part

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Feather posted:

I'm a bit baffled if Bernie is sincere in his belief that entering the contest for the Democratic nomination will have much meaning.

One possibility would be that the guy with 25 years of national-level political experience knows something about the actual workings of the primary process that you don't.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Best part of the documentary Caucus is a lengthy unbroken shot of Rick Santorum having to nod uncomfortably while a woman and her family tell him about how the US needs to start killing people who cross the border.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Self Deportation

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Yup, this is legit

Wow, before or after 9/11?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

site posted:

Reminds me of how they treat PoC (particularly black people). Simultaneously a force to be reckoned with and a weak entity that has no power.

Hmm...that almost sounds like the theoretical "Ur-fascism" described by the Italian author Umberto Eco.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Joementum posted:

Scott Walker is pre-announcing the unveiling of the logo of the campaign that he won't announce for another two weeks. :psyduck:

I don't understand how these candidates are not considered to have started campaigning for FEC purposes. Is it like a gentleman's agreement not to prosecute or what? How can it be publicly discussed common knowledge that someone is in the process of running for the nomination, but they aren't considered a candidate yet?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Qurnah posted:

I'm hoping that I'm not giving the US public too much credit when I assume that they're not gonna sacrifice their young men and women in another pointless goose chase with unimaginable far reaching consequences.

Why wouldn't we?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I'm going to be honest, there's a tiny par of my brain that looks forward to Iran having the bomb, if only to encourage Israel to treat Palestinians as actual loving human beings.

the iranian government doesn't care about that

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

UrbicaMortis posted:

This is a bit of a tangent from more glorious Trump bragging but I had a question. Could an atheist win a nomination or the presidency? Not, like, a militant atheist or anything, just a non-believer. Obviously not for Republicans but would it be possible for a democrat?

Just because, even though I've followed US politics for a while, I still get a little surprised the amount religion is brought up even by moderate candidates. In Britain that sort of thing is considered kind of weird because, outside of NI, religion isn't a big political issue.

Just curious what the actual americans who know more about their country than me think.

I can't imagine a candidate who stated directly "I am not religious and don't believe in God" receiving either party's nomination at this time.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

I am going to put forth a theory.

Trump came from money, but not old money. He never fit in with the old money crowd.

They despised him and everything he did since he wasn't part of their culture.

He now plans to use the powers of the POTUS to get back at all of them and the ways they make money.

I don't care if this is true or not.

That was Nixon

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Pulp Can Move posted:

Someone make a smilie like :dogbutton: but where :psyduck: pushes the button and :wtc: pops up.

Think of the good things you've already got

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Is Jeb! actually the Giver?

• Locked thread