Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder who's surprised a tournament in a shounen series went off without a hitch.

Well we still have the closing ceremony for things to go wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how Bakugou will react if/when he finds out that Deku got his powers from All Might. Dude can barely handle the fact that he has powers at all, let alone the powers of the greatest super hero in the world.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I love how All Might gave each runner up a big ol' hug. :3:

He would have probably done the same to Bakugou if he wasn't so angry.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hey, have we ever seen Deku's dad or know where he is? I remember him being mentioned near the beginning, but I don't think he's ever actually been in the comic.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With how All Might has kind of filled the mentor/father figure role for Deku, I'm expecting his dad to either be dead or an rear end in a top hat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Todoroki already owns the "has an rear end in a top hat dad" trait, so Deku's dad is unlikely to be an rear end in a top hat.

Todoroki's dad is the "I will mold you in my image and you'll like it" kind of rear end in a top hat dad, I was thinking Deku's dad could be the "I'll abandon my family because my worthless son has no powers" kind of rear end in a top hat.

Hopeford posted:

Deku's dad could breathe fire, so maybe he's Endeavor's ev--uh, good twin. (Don't actually think that's the case, just kind of funny that Deku's dad has fire for a power.)

I bet Deku wishes he had that flame breath power right about now. Would be pretty useful with two broke arms and all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Bakugou should have gone with Blasty McSplode.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do we know what Sugar Man or Anima's powers are?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what young All Might looked like. I imagine it's his normal All Might head on a normal kids body.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Ha ha ha. Is Kal-El Office straight from the original?

I wanna hang out with Cardog.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

With the villain alliance targeting the students, I'm worried that some of them will end up dying soon. I don't want to loose any of them. :ohdear:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I like the fact that Fumikage appears to just have a normal human body to go along with his bird head.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Invisible Girl's powers are that she can turn invisible at will, but just stays like that all the times because she's also a nudist.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

If they're planning to try to convince Bakugou to join them I hope it backfires spectacularly.

It probably will. Bakugou seemed really eager to gently caress up bondage man's face when he saw the hand on the ground

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Midoriya: "I'll be your hero!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x23rlV0fdS0

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Tokoyami is voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya.

Man, I always forget that Tokoyami has a normal human body aside from his bird head and it throws me off every time I see his hands.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku is just going to be a pile of meat and shattered bones by the time this arc is over.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder what's causing Tokoyami's powers to rage out of control?

Also I really like how Deku keeps getting put in situations where he has to team up with a different classmate, it's a really good way to give everyone some spotlight.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, the kid Shouto is carrying is missing one hell of a show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really do want there to be a scene where they try to tempt Bakugou to the side of Villainy, promising him power and whatnot, only from him to say "Nah", and start exploding faces.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Totally true; but I guess this is in one of the newer volumes too:

It could also just be there in case she accidentally activates her power in her sleep.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe there was just a really good sale on stripped ties and they all happen to shop at the same place?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Not enough love for All Might's ringtone.

"You've...got...A CALLLLLLLL!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man, I just had a thought, what if they took the other Pussycat so they could turn her into a Noumu.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 18, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The fact that All Might is bringing several of the top heroes with him has me worried that most of them are going to die.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How many Noumus do you think Shigaraki has on hand?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Fabricated posted:

This next chapter has some stuff in it that almost makes up for most of the smartest students collectively deciding to do the dumb rescue mission despite literally everything they've learned so far.

Everyone goes in disguise. The disguises are hilarious.

You can't just say that and not post pictures.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, Deku's dumb little goatee

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I always thought a guy who's power is invincibility would make a good teacher. Like, someone who's not strong or fast enough to keep up with the big time heroes, but able to withstand any kind of punishment so he could help teach kids who didn't have full control of their powers.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It seems like the students and heroes are going to two different buildings, I'm pretty sure one of them is walking into a trap.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I also didn't expect Mashirao's tail and Kouji's skin to be flesh colored when they first showed up in the manga. Kouji skin being flesh colored is kind of off putting to me for some reason.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

The vegeta thing works. Bakugou is a huge jerk and is always angry, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is stuck in an antagonist role.

Who will be his Bulma?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Well, the giant hole in the wall didn't necessarily come from All For One; Mount Lady smashed the place open, after all. The heroes are just... Gone. No idea where, though judging from the wreckage in the background, it might be rather far off. So it's still not looking good for them.

Also, All For One is floating in that panel.

You can see them all in the crater. They're either all dead or unconscious. Also, Mount Lady only smashed the one building, not all the other ones falling down in the background.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 21, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He wants to be called All Mightier because he wants to be better than All Might.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Have we ever gotten an idea of what the Hero society was like before All Might showed up? All Might is considered to be the greatest hero, but he wasn't the first.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

The same, but less good at handling villains. All Might oversaw a massive drop in criminal activity, largely through sheer intimidation factor.

I wonder who was the #1 hero before All Might. The previous One For All?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'd really love to see a prologue manga or OVA or something that was about All Might's rise to fame. I want to see the first criminal he took down. :allears:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aww poo poo!

We're gonna get All for One vs One for All! Please be okay All Might. :ohdear:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I still expect Deku to get involved at some point before this is all over through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

At some point before he dies or completely runs out of power, I want All Might to team up with Deku for at least one fight. I bet fighting crime with All Might would be the happiest moment in Deku's life.