Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

someone posting the first appearance of cyclops and wolverine was the only reason I read vigilantes at all

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

During the Deku vs Todoroki fight, Jump/VIZ also mistranslated "you haven't put a scratch in me" as "I haven't put a scratch on you".

Sentences with subjects and objects are hard, I guess.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

I probably missed this chapter somehow but why does literally everyone recognize all might in his non-muscle form now when it was a huge secret earlier on?

The battle with AfO was publicly broadcast, and then he had a press conference formally retiring.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shotography

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Purportedly it takes place between season 2 and 3, basically happening before they go to the lodge.

I hope Deku gets a pet dragon that shows up in subsequent movies and 2 second establishing shots in the show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gentle is a loser who took the easy way out. He needs a stern talking to.

OPM webcomic spoilers

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Whenever Endeavor's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Endeavor?"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, even if you knew her quirk, you'd be too busy guessing which existing character is her in disguise, rather than looking at the newly introduced ones.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Have they even mentioned that All Might's master was named Shimura Nana yet? I thought that gets revealed during the big fight.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Presumably, his not-aging quirk also works on his junk.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1004913216504266752

Note that there's anime spoilers in there- avoid posting it in the anime thread.

But Wolfram is supposed to be a force for good! Helping underachieving undergrads across the world.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Stexils posted:

eeeeeh having to have an arm on the ground makes it more awkward to fight even if he's faster and can do more stuff with directional force. i'd say they're about equal.

But there's that whole thing about him actually being able to fly unassisted. No arms required.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Endeavour being depowered sounds boring. He'd be, what, the 4th hero that can never hero again?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Overhaul used SCIENCE to make Eri's power just rewind DNA, so I think the implication is that if she gets find control she could just rewind the rewinding specifically for that part of his quirk DNA.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I always figured that if we got any filler movies the token movie character (almost always a girl) would be a timelord and the end would be them retconning the whole adventure out.

Of course, the Sonic 2006 gambit.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My issue with that tweet is that he contextualizes it as "humanizing an abuser" as if the fact that he is inhuman is not up for debate. For me, inhuman or monster is like knowingly and maliciously committing genocide or mass murder.

Endeavor is somewhere on the "big loving piece of poo poo" tier of things.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Onmi posted:

I.E. In this very manga, Overhaul, who comatose'd a girls legal guardian, literally broke her down into pieces to create bullets full of her flesh and blood and then put her back together again, over and over again torturing and killing her.

That probably falls under a very specific example of mass murder that can't possibly happen in real life.

And I rewrote that post a half dozen times knowing I was going to word it wrong no matter what.

I don't think I'm going to sway anyone, but in my personal morality, inhuman means that I would be willing to brain that person without losing much sleep. Hitler qualifies for me. That Vegas shooter I actively try to not learn the name of qualifies. Endeavour wouldn't.

Your personally morality probably differs so I won't try to convince anyone otherwise.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I'm getting too excited for the next season. I'm wondering if they'll manage to title successive episodes as "Mirio Togata"", "Mirio Togata!!", and "Lemillion" without padding things out, since that was one of my favorite little things from the Overhaul Arc.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Patware posted:

then he would've just cut his poo poo off and dissolved it instead of very distinctly taking it

Compress compressed his forearm. His hands were still in the box, which they left on the side of the road.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Patware posted:

this strengthens my point if the idea that they can pull quirks off DNA somehow is accurate, taking vengarr's point into account

I mean, that's a little bit of extra theory crafting when the simple answer is that Overhaul destroyed Mr. Compress's arm with his quirk, so Mr. Compress destroyed Overhaul's arm with his quirk.

I feel like prominently displaying Compress's prosthetic arm for the first time is the exclamation point emphasizing that idea.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Dabi talk that has nothing to do with the Todorikis: why is he the designated Nomu wrangler? He was in control of the one in the Camp Attack and now he's in charge of High End. A connection to the mysterious Doctor?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I think it's more that he's competent and level-headed, which is pretty rare for the League of Villains

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Look at the rest of the leauge's field agents and ask me again.

...true

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Theory: Dabi isn't Touya, but his skin graft is

Dabi is a secret Nomu. It's all coming together.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Froppy would narc on Hawks for being a double agent.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Froppy's speech was like doing a Choose Your Own Adventure and choosing not to have an adventure.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shere posted:

Yeah, super strength aside, the thing that makes OFA uniquely able to stand against All For One is that he can't just steal it away.

They originally talk about it after the Stain fight, since he also consumed blood for his quirk. All Might thought Deku would be worried about it, but it hadn't occurred to him either.

That was also where we learned the origin of OfA and AfO. It was exactly the same as in this latest chapter. I kept waiting for there to be some kind of swerve or reveal, but I guess not.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wish they had an episode or two of that in the first season, since it moved sooo slowly.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Unless Nana's son could breath fire and Tomura and Deku are half brothers!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I think you mean Eri gets a new older brother.

And if her powers get out of control again, she'll have a younger brother!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hmm... The anime removed references to Stain being in prison again.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Now im no physicist but isn't the material needed to make a functional nuke incredibly energy intensive and radioactive? Also , having to 3d print a nuke would leave crossection exposed to bare skin a give you a major case of deadness.
So either die from starvation trying to make a nuke or die from the radiation of uranium or whatever.

This latest chapter proved that Momo's power isn't alchemy, but rather straight up magic, when she made a cannon bigger and heavier than she is. Logic is pointless.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sounds like the League should have tried to turn Mei and not Bakugo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I never really understood the "Quirk Factor" explanation in the Overhaul arc, so I have no idea if it would work that way. But it would be pretty bitchin'.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I mean, until they starting raising further questions in the story arc, it felt pretty well explained. The power is stockpiled across successors so there was a little bit of them left in there. That did not leave me feeling like there was anything deeper to explore.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I've been around the anime block enough times to know that one time power-ups that are never mentioned again are totally a thing.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

dazoner posted:

You guys really are over thinking this...

1. From the moment OfA was passed down the first time we knew that multiple quirks were in play (the compounding power quirk and OfA)

The compounding power quirk is a part of OFA, not an extra quirk.

Just like how Todoroki has one quirk that does two things, not two quirks.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

My main complaint with this chapter was them setting up the tension/dilemma of "I'm not going to use my powers!" and 8 pages later going "Naw, gonna use those powers"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

dazoner posted:

That was weird, I am interested in what the official translation says. In the manga stream version he says he isn't planning on fighting quirkless.
https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/214/5629/7

I'm reading the "not exactly..." as a sly reference to him using Uraraka's quirk.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Turns out it's the last Todoroki. Two birds one stone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

"Time to shake things up!" is where my mind went.