Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

His reaction after retreating from the Endeavor fight was weird- he thinks about Snatch yelling at him to think about the families of the people he kills and he just says, "Yeah, I thought about it so much I went crazy."

He wasn't "talking" to Snatch. He was hung up on wondering who the hell Snatch was after Endeavor said he killed him. Although I guess making that memory a quote about family was a little too on the nose for the guy who is almost definitely a Todoroki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

From a fight standpoint, kinda lame that Toga got exploded and smashed repeatedly and pulled through, but Lady falls from a few stories and that's it.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

And not a single one of them had a quirk metapower to fly or jet propel or anything. Lady Curious should have exploded her own fingers to fly like Bakugo.

Like, at least half of 1A has an ability that would have prevented them from splatting and not a single one of these guys do.

oh jay fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 26, 2019

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

Zero gravity is not an easy thing to learn to move in. Why do you think astronauts have to go through so much training?

They were in normal gravity for the 5ish seconds on the way down.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Kanos posted:

5 seconds is a pretty tiny window to react to "oh gravity was off and now it's back on again let me figure out how to use my power to save myself and also orient myself so i can do tha---"

Ideally, you would be thinking about your next move on the way up. And their "battle sense" and reaction time seemed pretty on point in the actual fight when they were moving as a unit, pouncing into and out of buildings fluidly, razzling Toga without unintentional friendly fire.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Eej posted:

People picking at things like how the mooks didn't teleport or grapple away are missing the point that it doesn't matter because this is Toga's moment of being cool as the heaviest of rain falls down behind her

I understand what was meant to be communicated from a story and character arc perspective: character gets a powerup and then wins the fight against all odds.

It is just bad from a fight choreography standpoint. So it didn't feel earned at all for me.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I guess it depends on how you interpret "power stockpiling." I don't think it just gets stronger over time automatically, I think it just means it retains whatever power you build up while you possess it. All For One is insanely powerful, it's only by adding together generations of built up strength that All Might was able to challenge him. So their power, uh, scale ends up looking like this.

All For One: <-------------------------------------------------------->

One For All: <-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><-----><----->

If I'm wrong and it does get stronger automatically or it's like power in addition to your normal power then yeah maybe it'd be good for him but I think power stockpiling is on it's own just as useless as a quirk transferring quirk. It's only because they were forced into one vessel that they became something worthwhile.

If it didn't grow power over time, then why would everyone describe it as a stockpiling power? Wouldn't they call it a power that just makes you a little stronger? Or not be able to detect it as a power at all even.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Dude lost AN ENTIRE LUNG. Even All Might's were just "damaged".

I think the main thing was All Might losing most of his digestive system.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Well then, I think I know the ironic fate of Re-destro. His father got mindbroken and turned into a slave for All for One and this will be his downfall. He claims he and his group have been planning this revolution for decades, but All for One planned his continued reign even longer before that.

Have they actually mentioned any connection between Destro and AfO other than both being accomplished villains?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Sephyr posted:

...character motivations don't work in "Well, it wouldn't fit with the story" ways. As far as he's concerned, AfO is going to rule the underworld forever, or as close to that as he can make it. Being able to unmake and remake things and people would be a -tremendous- asset to that goal.

Hell, didn't he steal a far more useless Quirk from one of the kitten-themed heroes?

I wonder why the man with no eyes thought the quirk that let's you see where a hundred things are was worth stealing.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Most likely Yaomomo personally made all of these herself and it's :3:

Naw, turns out that Detnerat made them and everyone's the traitor.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Kamui Woods and Mt. Lady live together.

Oops.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I don't remember the exact release dates, but didn't the Two Heroes movie introduce the character and design of All For One a bit before he premiered in the Anime?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think multi-quirks are a really really boring concept to be honest. One of the most appealing things about MHA to me was the idea that everyone has one skill of varying quality and they develop by figuring out how to make that skill work for them. "I can pull new skills out of my rear end" like Deku and AFO have just bore the hell out of me. I don't mind quirks that can develop to do more things (like Vigilantes does or like what happened in the MVA arc) but just the multi-quirk thing is boooooring.

They already play fast and loose with multi-quirks already. Even though they say that Shoto's Quirk is "Half-Hot Half-Cold" he straight up has 2 quirks. Froppy has like 4+ quirks: enhanced physical abilities, long tongue, acid spit, camouflage, maybe more.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Was delayed because Cook had no connectivity:

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1196424455532285957

I didn't realize Ending was using a Quirk booster.

The same week the Quirk booster premieres in the anime even!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, it's kind of weird that Nighteye just randomly shoved his subordinate into a tickle fetish machine out of nowhere to teach her a lesson.

It's doubly weird, because he never does any weird poo poo like that ever again for the rest of the story.

His repeated stamping of the table instead of the paper was a similar kind of eccentric comedy, but yeah then it all disappears.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

huh, I guess that's another way of seeing it. the anime had Overhaul calling Mirio Mr. Student and by the time his Quirk was taken away and Mirio kept beating his rear end Overhaul was calling him Lemillion

He was mocking him, giving him a little bit of "So you want to be a hero, eh Lemillion. How's that working out for you?"

Overhaul doesn't respect anyone or anything.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Imagine if Chisaki had One for All. He could Go Beyond 100% and then repair his limbs to pristine position. Plus he seems to be able to learn to use quirks that aren't his very quickly so he'd be slinging Black Whips in no time.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If Hawks still needs to maintain his cover, he could probably get all of the major heroes in a room for an ambush.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Wonder what Giran's up to. He and Twice were buddies too.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I hope they don't end up being part of another boss rush with flashback powerups, but I don't know why else they would have been introduced at this moment.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

She could technically get away with using it on an army of Twice clones since they're not real people, right?

They have personality, memories, can feel pain, etc. They're just made of something different.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

As far as specifically American atrocities go, DC introduced villain named Agent Orange a while ago, though as he transitioned towards lovable scamp instead, they mostly called him by his name Larfleeze instead.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Translator trivia: https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1226576931065188352

I didn't notice at first that Present Mic was creaking his own sunglasses when he started yelling at the doctor.

Just this morning he added a note about the doctor's new name. Kyudai Garaki.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Here's one angle they could do to give that twist material value. What if EVERYBODY born quirkless in the latest generation was born with powers and had them stolen? It shows how much power AfO and the Doctor has over the world, and means that we could be closer to Singularity than we thought.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Nonexistence posted:

The every-bad-guy-who-gets-violenced is a twice clone bait and switch is getting pretty stale imo

In this case though, murked himself to prevent capture, so that's something fresh and new.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if clones with regenerative quirks like the nomu would still fall apart after a few hard blows?

I don't think the regeneration would come into play since it just takes one hard, bone-breaking hit.

Also, how terrifying does that make Aizawa, that he pulled his bandages hard enough to break bones here.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Or it could just be Dabi himself being that much of a wet fart that made the clone's durability weaker. :v:

If Twice did All Might's American Dream training plan, we would all be hosed.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Counterpoint: AfO "wasn't sure" that All Might had passed down OfA until Kamino. If he was sensed OfO at the summer camp, he would have assumed it was All Might, which was the exact opposite of the plan.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

gigantomachia charges at the heroes and gets stuck in one of mineta's sticky traps

Gigantomachia wouldn't get stuck to the ground. The ground would get stuck to Gigantomachia.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Heck, right there Hawks is standing over the poor guy saying why he's going to jail. It's not because of the yakuza or bakugo. Twice has to go to jail because twice is too strong for the state to let him be free. There's no reason to believe that this time after he goes to jail, his attempt at an honest life won't go exactly like every other time he's tried.

That is not the good guy, hope this helps.

Huh? He's going to jail because all of the LoV is. Hawks is doing it personally because Twice is very dangerous. Hawks has an evil face because this is kinda from Twice's point of view and the author wants you to relate to him. It looks like it's working.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Kild posted:

dabis gonna kill twice

dabis gonna kill twice, twice, thrice, or however many times it takes.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

His design and power are cool enough that I wouldn't want to see him go, but Tenti arms hasn't contributed much to the story either.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheHan posted:

Speculations on character deaths should be done sensibly and respectfully.

I have no idea who bottom right is.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Junpei posted:

I think that's Naofumi from Shield Hero.

Shoulda used Chainsaw Man, since he's actually canon.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's almost like that scene was deliberately written to make Tokoyami look cool, but with enough caveats as to not ruin the power levels in our punch comic.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Official chapter is out:
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/my-hero-academia

HAWKS kills Twice. Presumably.

Definitely.

And I'm glad I didn't read any leaks or speedscans because I can even pretend to understand what all y'all were talking about in your black boxes for the past page.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

TheHan posted:

Expecting a pretty massive fakeout come next week. The clone that melts in Toga’s arms even makes a point of saying he’s melting cause he fell, not cause Twice-Prime is dying

Of course it's not because Twice-Prime died. We already know that clones survive even if the one who made then died.

It was because of the balcony, but the clone's good bye speech was because he just saw his original get stabbed in the head, and he knows he's the last clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Dabi is a bumbling failure but no more so than the rest of the League, minus Kurogiri and maybe Toga.

At Summer camp, I'd say all of them get to share equally in the "victory" of getting Bakugo. Notably, Mr. Compress snagged him originally, and Dabi picked up the fumble. Bonus points for Toga getting Ochaco's blood I guess.

All of them are equally impotent in the Hideout Raid.

Toga got the bonus mission of being undercover at the Provisional License Exam and actually got Deku's blood.

Toga and Twice screwing things up for the Yakuza... I mean it was fun to watch, but I don't really know what it did in the long run. After that their other scheme of using a Clone of Mr. Compress to steal Eri or the serum failed spectacularly.

Dabi and Mr. Compress get a point for killing Snatch together.

Dabi's solo mission of testing out the High End was a miss.

And in the current extended saga, Toga got a power-up and killed Curious which was nice I guess. Twice got his power-up but in the end Shigaraki took care of Re-Destro himself anyway.

I guess what I'm really saying is that Spinner is clearly the dead weight of the group, not Dabi.