Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Less than 12 hours to go...

get hype :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3KUZVkco4g&t=18s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Someone remind me again real quick where I go to get a ClubNintendo account?

I still need to register my 3DS copy of Super Smash Bros for that sweet soundtrack offer.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just picked up my copy at the midnight release my GameStop was doing. I've still got a few things to do before I play it for the first time, but it's not a whole lot. I definitely don't plan on going to bed until after I've played this game at least once.

While I was at GameStop, I also bought a bunch of other goodies for my Wii U that I'm pretty excited about. Wireless motion sensor, Wii U remote w/ nunchuck attachment, SSB remote-attachment controller, a cover and screen protector for my Wii U control pad, like 8 Amiibo figures, and I think some other stuff.

This is gonna be a fun rear end night.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 21, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EDIT: My phone is terrible and posts things it says it can't because of network errors, so this got posted twice. gently caress.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 22, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just started playing the game. I was planning to play it last night after I bought it, but I ended up being too sleepy.

First thoughts:
- This game looks loving GORGEOUS with HDMI! Holy poo poo!
- I am concerned by the apparent lack of an Adventure Mode of any sort. I really hope there's some version of Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary/Smash Run somewhere in this game, or I'm gonna be sad.
- WHY IS SONIC BOOM NOT LISTED IN THE MUSIC PLAYBACK MENU THIS BETTER BE UNLOCKABLE OR SO HELP ME :argh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How come I keep turning off the "Tap to Jump" option on the Controls menu, but my characters keep jumping when I tap UP anyway?

Cuz that poo poo is getting annoying.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Endorph posted:

There is not.

:catstare: ...... What do you mean "There is not"!?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Guys, the fire marshal said we can't play 8-Player Smash in all of the stages. :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I, for one, am deriving great enjoyment from being able to auto-smash people just by tapping the right-hand joystick. :unsmigghh:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So how long before that Sonic Boom song and an Adventure Mode of some kind are released as DLC?

Also my NNID is KoolDoctorMoney please add me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

:stare: Ummm... apparently I just fought Wario in the bedroom from Poltergeist and one of the TV People finished him off for me.

...... I... I don't even know what the hell, but it helped me unlock Wario, so thanks TV People! :)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Man I just cannot get over how loving GORGEOUS this game looks in HD!! :allears:

I still miss the Scrap Brain music and Sonic Boom (the Sonic CD song) though. :(

Also I wish there was a Hydrocity level for Sonic. Hydrocity was a really great stage, and it had some kickass theme music too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wily Castle owns and anyone who disagrees needs to get up on my level right now. :smug:

I also enjoy the magic Pokemon cathedral stage.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This game really needs a Gemini Man Stage music remix.

That's like the one Mega Man 3 song that really shouldn't be missing from this game, but is.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mdemone posted:

How do I get better at this game? Which mode will help?

I last Smashed in college on the GameCube and I remember the basics, but now I keep just instinctively button-mashing and it makes me terrible. Is this called getting old or is there hope for me yet?

mind the walrus posted:

Research the drat controls (not advanced techniques, just poo poo like how to roll, what tilts are, what your character's specials are), and play itemless 1v1 Smash with some moderate AIs (level 3-5 should do it) in a conservative way until you start to get the hang of things like spacing and timing.

This, and play as Mega Man a lot.

I've played this game for at least 15 hours now, and in that time, I've only beaten Classic Mode as seven different characters (mostly Mega Man), and I've only beaten All-Star Mode as ONE character (again, mostly Mega Man).

I just finished unlocking all the characters last night, but the only stages I've unlocked so far are the Kongo Jungle 64 and I think the Duck Hunt stage.

I've got a lot to catch up on.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I ended up buying a bunch of Amiibos with this game. I was at GameStop picking up my preorder and the guy told me what Amiibos they had in stock, and I basically mimicked Elaine buying the case of sponges on Seinfeld.

Now I have 8 Amiibos, all unopened because I plan on building a shelf for them before I open them, and I intend to buy more at a later date.

I regret nothing. :spergin:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This has probably been addressed before, but...

davey4283 posted:

Custom Moves:

Dashing Assault (Marth):
Clear the "The Falchion's Seal" event on normal difficulty or higher. (From the first event, go up)

The bolded/underlined part of this is wrong. How do I get to the "The Falchion's Seal" Event?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is the OP ever gonna be updated again to include all the new NNIDs people have posted since the last time it was updated?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mabels big day posted:

For those of you hungry for a "goon" tournament, I have created a thread to start one in the Imp Zone: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683689

TheKingofSprings posted:

Endorsing the poo poo out of this, the last Imp Zone tournament was really fun and went pretty well, everyone should sign up and bookmark this thread

I'd be down with this, but the IKs in Imp Zone don't take kindly to me posting there. Is there any way I can get in on this action without eating a 6-hour probation for every post I make there? Or failing that, without posting in Imp Zone at all?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Uhh, which one of you has NNID UnderseaMagic?

The list of NNIDs in the OP hasn't been updated in a while, and I'm trying to figure out who sent me this friend request.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Any tips for getting a max combo of 30 or more in Training?

My old trick of hitting people repeatedly with a charging Lucario shot on a sloped surface doesn't seem to work as well here as it did on the 3DS version.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I tried to get a chain of 200 in Trophy Rush with DK, but the fucker is just so slow and clumsy that I couldn't do it. It's like teaching a retarded kid to tap-dance or something. :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

mabels big day posted:

Have you heard about Donkey Kong's down special attack, which has been used to cheese multiman melee events for over a decade now? It works with trophy rush as well.

Oh yeah his Down-B is great..... until you get a pile of boxes stacking up over the line at the far end of the stage, where his Down-B doesn't reach from the middle of the stage, so you have to stop doing it every 2 or 3 seconds to punch backed-up box piles to keep the stage from disappearing out from under you.

Plus he's so big and slow that it's easy for the lightning balls and explosive boxes to hit him, he's prone to falling off the edge of the stage when he throws punches while running forward, and when he does fall off the edge, it's a safe bet he's gonna die since his Up-B has no vertical lift whatsoever.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ruggington posted:

mega man had a hard life

Any time I talk about Mega Man nowadays, peoples' first responses are always about how nobody knows who Mega Man is anymore because he hasn't been in anything recently, and it always makes me want to curl up into a little ball and cry. :(

Maybe I just have lovely friends, I dunno.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I take it that also means Master Higgins won't appear in Smash in the near future?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I liked Socket. :smith:

And I, too, miss the gently caress out of Bomberman.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anybody that plays Mega Man without Tornado Hold is hella dumb bitchmade. :colbert:

Danger Wrap is good too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Does Mega Man's Skull Barrier move reflect Lloyd Rockets?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

F. Lobot posted:

Go to a tournament that uses customs and they'll load all the customs onto your Wii U.

I think I'll stick to unlocking them all by myself because I'm a big boy now, thank you. :smug:

(I kid, but really. Why deprive yourself of that aspect of the game? Think of it as an opportunity to gain experience with other characters or something.)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Macaluso posted:

Yo agreeing with this

Super Mario World is good but Yoshi's Island is the best platformer ever made

Look at you dumb sad bitches not saying Sonic 3 and Knuckles. :smugbert:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cicadas! posted:

If you guys think that Direct is going to be anything but an April Fools joke you deserve to have your hopes dashed.

Mewtwo being in Smash is an April Fools joke.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What's this character vote business?

I vote for Zero.

gently caress Waluigi.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Supercar Gautier posted:

Because it's a Nintendo joint, and in order to be a non-Nintendo guest, a character has to be an exceptionally big deal.

Again, when announcing Mega Man, Sakurai said "I'm not going to let just anyone participate from other companies", and that highly selective attitude has been borne out in all the third-party guests so far. Even Rayman, who Ubi has been fairly open about wanting to get into the game, didn't make the cut (at least not for launch).

All of Smash – indeed the very Super Smash Brothers franchise itself – exists only to glorify Mega Man.

The only reason anyone is ever allowed to play as any other character is so that Mega Man can beat them.

All Glory to Mega Man.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Cuckoo posted:

Yeah I can't figure out how people want K. Rool so bad over any other Donkey Kong character. Dixie, Cranky, any of the Kongs introduced in 64, even loving Kiddy Kong had more personality and a better-fitting moveset than K. Rool. Also whoopee, another fatass heavy character that would never see the light of day competitively.

Didn't K. Rool already get confirmed a long time ago? Or am I thinking of Dixie and/or Cranky?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I didn't even get to vote for Zero. :smith:

Is there ever gonna be another new character poll after this?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I want the Sonic Boom song back

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just found out about Ryu. And I had to hear about it from the PYF Weird Fanart thread.

Thanks PYF.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I still want Zero from Mega Man X though. :smith:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I also kinda want that Viridi chick from Kid Icarus. I have no idea what her moveset would be, but she's got moxie. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So I'm gonna make some Mii's for the Mega Man game costumes, and I need a pic of Proto Man, Mega Man X, and Zero so I get all of their proportions right. Where can I find those at?

• Locked thread