Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Bhodi posted:

You can see an example of the collar-cam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW0Q1HSpztM

That was the next logical step, so of course a helmet was constructed out of tape.

Remy finally had enough and anger pooped in the hallway. Then, thinking maybe it wouldn't be seen, picked up the poo and put it in the middle of the floor so you'd have to step over it.

Holy poo poo, I was joking but :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

visuvius posted:

Need a recommendation for a desktop mouse. I was using a Logitech G9x which is legendary but the only ones available are going for $350 on Amazon.

- Need something with a little bit of weight to it (The G9x had removable metal inserts)
- I need the same type of endless scroll wheel where you can switch between the mouse wheel clicking or rolling smooth.

The G502 has now become my go to mouse coming from the G9x. Granted, it isn't quite as wide as the G9x.

http://smile.amazon.com/Logitech-Pr...=logitech+mouse

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Aubergine Despot posted:

I switched to a buckwheat hull pillow a few years back, and now I can't sleep comfortably with anything else.

Advantages: firm, doesn't heat up too much, can be contoured to offer proper support regardless of how ridiculously contorted your sleeping position may be.

Disadvantages: way too expensive (at least in Canada), VERY firm, not much "lift," potential for mold if you get it wet.

I love mine -- it's hugely reduced my level of general neck / shoulder pain -- but I'll readily admit that they're not for everyone.

Is it nosiy when you move around?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
The mold adds character.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

-nvm got this

Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0126C9A5K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_QXwfwbSVWJR2N

You have chosen... poorly.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

theHUNGERian posted:

Me again.

Looking for a recommendation for a chair. I will use this chair for PC work and for watching TV, so it should be comfortable and ergonomic. While I do have a desk, I like to use my keyboard in my lap and have the mouse on the armrest. Ideally, this new chair would allow me to continue this practice.

Thanks.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243

Scott Justice posted:

Maybe I should ask the running thread, but I'll start by asking this thread.

I'm in the market for running shoes.

I run about every other day for about 30 - 60 minutes. Interval work mostly as I'm not good at running.

I have bad knees and I'm about 15 pounds overweight.

I run half of the time on a treadmill, half of the time in a park on pavement. Now that it's getting colder, I imagine moving that up to all treadmill until March.

My budget is in the $100 - $150 range.

My old shoes are Mizuno Wave Creations. They look stupid but they were always very comfortable on my feet, felt good on my knees, and when I first got them they made me feel like I could run a bit faster due to the angle of the sole.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Ask in running thread. But they will tell you to go to a proper running store (not Footlocker) to get properly fitted as depending on your stride, certain shoes are better for you than others.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Get a nice brother black/white laser printer and then a lovely generic bubble jet for the occasional color thing

Which one did you end up going with?

Also why are you always in the threads I am looking at.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

One of these. Goon in SA mart sells toner.

Brother DCPL2540DW Wireless Compact Laser Printer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MFG57ZK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_DZNpwb9Q0GHJW

But I needed scanning/copying. Also double sided is cool

Hah, that's the same printer I have in my cart...

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

KoB posted:

But you can adjust your thermostat from bed/couch/work./toilet

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Have you talked to any of your instructors about actually being video recorded? I can't imagine a lot of people are going to agree with actually being recorded. One thing on a tape recorder, another thing with a video camera setup you're thinking of.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

hackbunny posted:

Has anyone had any experience with external USB batteries? Any brand/model you'd recommend?

The Anker line is pretty solid.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Crain posted:

Any suggestions for wool socks to wear around the house?

Slippers make my feet too sweaty so I'd rather just wear some really warm socks.

Merino wool socks.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Anyone know of any good lip balms? I have a lovely little Eos ball but it's so weak in power that unless I'm constantly slathering it all over my lips they still dry out. Then I bite the poo poo out of them and end up tearing my lips open. I used to have this gross blue chapstick that'd melt everything off and keep my lips super smooth if I applied it once or twice a day but that got lost somewhere.

experienceBeej posted:

If you've got money to burn and a sympathetic dermatologist, look into tacrolimus ointment (brand name is Protopic). I use that to heal the skin around my lips when shaving irritates them. It's CAD$80/ 50mL tube, though. You only use a tiny amount when applying, so it can last a long time.

Cortisone can thin skin if used over a long period of time, but tacrolimus used as an ointment doesn't have the same effect. It does heat up and get mildly uncomfortable, so try using it before bed.

Otherwise, I just dab on some water, then cover my lips in petroleum jelly. YMMV.

Mushinronsha posted:

Primal Pit Paste makes the best lip balm I've ever tried. All natural ingredients and lasts ALL day long. Their pit paste is great too

SpartanIV posted:

I've been incredibly happy with my tubes of Burts Bees chapstick. I even put one through the wash and it survived!

Pick posted:

Dr. dans, as I recommended previously. Made for cancer patients originally, doesn't gently caress around.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/search/hbc-/blankets

Very subjective. Firm? Squishy? Hard as a rock?
Could venture over here for reviews: http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/pillow-reviews.html

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-sheets/

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

C-Euro posted:

I want to get my wife some nice slippers for Christmas. For stuff that she wears in order to keep warm, fuzzier and fluffier on the body contact side is better. Bonus points if they are fluffy on the outside As well, and also if they can be bought in a physical store (but that's not a requirement). Let's say $100 max budget but who the heck makes $100 slippers?

There were a few recommendations last page.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Rolo posted:

I need a better blender. I started adding oats to my workout smoothie and my 20$ Osterizer isn't doing it without being extremely loud for 4 minutes on the highest setting. I know it won't be quiet, but I do live in an apartment and sometimes blend things late at night, so it can't be as loud as a jet engine.

I'd like to not spend much more than 100. Any suggestions?

Might be able to get a better answer over in the GWS sub.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

C-Euro posted:

Do they make wireless doorbells? Our "front door" is a gate leading to a hallway that leads to our door, so we have no idea when people come to our front door unless they call. This is an issue when we have deliveries. I don't want to have a wired one because it's all brick and concrete through that hall and I can't drill it.

Do not have a particular product recommendation, but yes, they do make them.

e;fb

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Danger Mahoney posted:

I'm looking for some cheapish aviator-style prescription sunglasses. The problem is I have a huge noggin. The last pair I got from Zenni was tiny and it looked like I was wearing doll's glasses. Any recommendations?

Most of the online websites have measurements for their frames. Might want to find something in store that fits you, take measurements of the glasses then compare to what you find online.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Chas McGill posted:

Sansa Clip? Not sure if it supports Bluetooth though.

The original Sansa Clip+ has been discontinued and is now $80.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

PleasusChrist posted:

I need a new computer chair. Mine's old and hurts my back. I work from home and also game, so I spend a good bit of time in it.

Is there such a thing as a good chair that doesn't cost $1000?

Used chairs can cost around half as much.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Any recommendations on a window AC unit?

It will be for just a bedroom.

Etrips has a new favorite as of 10:34 on Apr 18, 2016

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

colas posted:

I just watched that movie on Netflix about pro LoL players, anyone know which BenQ monitors they use and why?

They use whatever they send them because they are their sponsors?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

m.hache posted:

Best Gaming Headphones with a Microphone?

I've found in the past that headphones I get press my ears in to tightly or make my ears sweaty. Not sure what are the good brands out there.

Around or under $100 CAD if possible.

Steelseries Siberia v2 are a pretty solid choice. Or you could spend even more for some Sennhesiers or something.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Wanamingo posted:

I want scrub prints

So... Why do you want scrub prints?

colas posted:

I can just buy Overwatch and play like most online games, right? I don't have to find a team or anything, do I? Is it like TF2 or Unreal where I can practice against bots or is it completely different?

You can play by yourself. Or you can play with friends or goons which is 1000x more fun. We have an awesome discord channel up with lots of people always looking for groups / people.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

THF13 posted:

Can someone recommend a specific type of daily disposable contact lens, or just a good place to buy contacts online? I have my prescription and just have ordinary nearsightedness.

Generally when you go to an ophthalmologist they have trial pairs for you to try out. Everyone's eyeballs are different so it is kind of hard to go based on internet recommendation.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

couldcareless posted:

I will be in the market for a new desk chair soon. My budget is probably <$150. What are some good recommendations?

Computer Chair Thread, unfortunately at that price point there really isn't too much available that isn't cheap junk. The IKEA Markus would probably be your best best as it has a 10 year warranty.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

I really want to buy a rowing machine to toss in my garage and maybe use a few times a week.
Thoughts?

Amazon Prime preferred.

IIRC, the concept2 was the only one really worth it's salt. But I could be mistaken as it has been awhile since I researched row machines. The home gym equipment thread might be a better place to ask specifically. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413428

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

What's da best muthafucken metal water bottle on Earth? I drink so much of that sweetass hydro that I need a fluid chariot that matches my needs.

40oz hydro flask

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

I pulled the trigger on a pure 40oz. Hydro Flask. That poo poo is expensive but it seems like they last forever.

Awesome cold (or warm) beverages on demand is awesome. Love the insulation. Keeps my water nice and cold all long during my 12 hour shift. Granted I get really weird looks drinking from it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

bongwizzard posted:

This seems too incredible to work somehow.

I have one and it works great. Though not that specific product.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Ditto, mine clips into the CD player insert and I can position it so I can still see the screen display with my giant rear end 6S+ in the way.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

bongwizzard posted:

My dumb car has no good options for mounting:

Your CD insert is perfect (unless you actually use it).

https://smile.amazon.com/TechMatte-...+holder+cd+slot

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

colas posted:

Does anyone make a good car seat cover that doesn't move around and fall off?

My wife got these for her Tundra and is super happy about it.

http://www.clazzio.com

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Digital Jedi posted:

Any recommendations on good computer speakers? I'm no audiophile so they don't have to be the best.

Dedicated PC speaker thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444077&perpage=40

If you just want something that works but doesn't sound amazing, logitechs will work. If you want something that sounds nicer you'll have to drop a little more coin.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Scott Justice posted:

Yeah, I'm a teacher, so cute socks are acceptable, but I like to stick to navy, maybe with a few spots of color. I wear brown shoes, so I'm having a tough time finding diabetic socks in navy or not black or khaki which looks gross.

What does it say about me that I need diabetic socks? I'm not overweight, I am just on my feet all day. Clock in 25k+ steps a day according to my phone.

What you are looking for are what is called compression socks / stockings.

edit: nevermind, thinking of something else. But if you are on your feet all day you really should get some compression socks to keep those varicose veins away!

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Inzombiac posted:

Counterpoint:
I bought some of those and, perhaps due to a manufacturing error, tore up my tendons and are 100% unwearable.
I could not return them to Macy's either since I had worn them on the street.

Maybe you have goofy feet.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

visuvius posted:

Looking for a cheap backpack. Has anyone bought one of the cheap under $30 backpacks that are available on Amazon? There are tons. I'm looking for one that can can carry Surface and a change of clothes. I won't really be using it regularly, maybe a handful of times a year, that's why I don't really want to spend much on it.

Just buy one of the Amazon branded ones then.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Travic posted:

So I've started cooking a fair amount of rice for myself and I've grown out of doing it by hand. I'd like to get a rice cooker and lots of people including the OP are recommending the Zojirushi. I don't think i'm ready to spend that much on a rice cooker just yet. Any other good recommendations?

Just get it and be set for life.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Aren't many orthopedic problems caused because of reliance on arch support, which causes a feedback loop? Something about it weakens the structure of the foot and malforms the impact points of the stride.

I've worn thin, flat shoes for years and never had any foot or joint-related issue. Including marathon runs, hiking, etc. I walk around 5 miles a day just in general movement and never had any "arch support" or other orthopedic wizardry they sell in shoes now.

Uhhh what kind of feet you got there boss? Not everyone has the same arches / stride / build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Jose posted:

Whats a good desk chair for sitting at my home pc that will last ages and not be too expensive?

Define expensive. Really, the Ikea Markus is generally your entry level not-suck-rear end computer chair that you can get.