Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

Reagan used Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA" as one of his campaign anthems on the road. The song sounds very rah-rah America, as long as you ignore all the words in the verses about a veteran of a pointless war being ignored once he returns home.

W Bush did that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Also, listening to free Spotify. Listening to the band We Came as Romans, it's heavier rock music with some screaming. The ad that comes up? "Hey 1D family, are you ready for One Direction... blah blah blah". Really? You can't try to target your audience better than that?

I loving hate Spotify's advertising. Even skype can see that I recently googled Panera Bread and is now giving me ads for Panera Bread but Spotify? lol nope. "Nothing but death metal? I bet you'd love a chance to hear Miley Cyrus's new album"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Really wanted to see one of those dude be all" what kind of man works at McDonald's? Get a job that a not for teenagers!"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

theironjef posted:

Regional dumb move in marketing: Restaurants taking a stand against certain condiments. I don't actually care about how authentic a Chicago dog is, I don't want to read a bunch of weirdly passive-agressive signs about the evils of ketchup.

I ordered a hot dog in O'Hare airport once. I asked for some ketchup and they started talking poo poo. gently caress you. I payed for this poo poo I'm gonna eat it how I want.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

Visa's using Smashing Pumpkins' Today.

Yeah, a song about committing suicide and cutting yourself is a real good motivator for using a Visa. Maybe you can cut yourself with a Visa card!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xRtI64yKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yud1Di_Vid8

To be fair I'm sure a few people have committed suicide over credit card debt

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is my son pikachu

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

thewireguy posted:

My best friend from high school has reached his pay limit in the warehouse and I feel bad for him.

I'm gonna need more info on this

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

"Three packs a day" has never, ever been hyperbole. Even now some people still smoke like chimneys.

Yes I am well aware that that is 60 cigarettes a day.

Jesus even back when I smoked regularly I never could do more than 4 cigs a day. Most days was just 2 cigs a day

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Aztec posted:

I just compare what is being offered at that store and pick the best value in terms of both price and softness.
You can get super cheap TB but it's thin and scratchy on your bhole. At the same time, buying the most expensive stuff isn't going to be the best idea either.
I don't buy things because someone on TV told me to. I buy things because A: I like the product already in terms of flavor/usefulness, or if it's something I am unfamiliar with, probably the best value in terms of size/price.

Wake up, Sheeple!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wish it was illegale to have sirens and souds of car accidents in loving radio commercials. Though my favorite has to be one very loud accident, brakes squealing and then a huge crash, with one guy exclaiming "Oh no, not again," in the most unsurprised voice possible. Dick, if a car accident has you thinking "meh, too bad" instead of slightly panicky from the adrenaline, you should not be driving.

I loving hate those commercials. Driving in Central Florida you'll hear like 3 of those during each commercial break.

You hear a car crash, people screaming, a woman yelling out "my baby!" and you have to fight your instincts to hit the breaks and maybe swerve and cause an accident. Sometimes I think that's the whole plan, fly you into a panic so you crash and have to call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Fun fact: Johnny Depp apparently smells awful because he doesn't shower. I imagine his cologne is used to cover up the stench.

He's not the only celeb. I don't know if it's a case of "I'm so hot even my b.o is good" or more of a "maybe people will leave me alone if I smell bad"