Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

born on a buy you posted:

there are places pet rent isn't a thing? everywhere I lived in college and since has had that. deposit to cover cleaning and then 30-60 a month in additional rent

The rest of the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Mods, please deal with this unacceptable response!

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

If your company treats you like that why the gently caress would you not try and steal as much poo poo from them as possiable?

Oh yea I forgot, your're a minority and poor and you will most definatly spend years in jail for stealing some sub-$50 peice of poo poo.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah $200/month is less than most country clubs ffs

but lol apparently tech nerds need a place not associated with outside sports like golf and tennis

so basically a place for poor tech bro's (as in poor for young white male ivy league graduates) who think thy're the next zuck.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I thought tech types were meant to be rich and stupid? that type of money wouldn't get you anywhere near a real club in london.

Hell even babbies first club, like the oxford and cambridge, charge under 30 over $1000 a year.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I'm a double triple posting idiot.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

this place charges $2400 a year so i dunno what comparison you're making here exactly

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Metrication posted:

entry to my club is free but you have meet certain criteria (my club is my b hole)

pls specify your criteria and text me.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

A pro-click

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

let me see if i have any pictures that i can post from the last plantation wedding that i attended

How the gently caress is this still a thing :negative:

Put your industrial-military complex to use and just nuke the whole loving south

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

defamation is still the burden of the allegedly defamed person to prove, though. contrast with britain where if someone accuses you of defamation, the burden of proof is on you to show that it wasn't defamatory speech.

and even then it's relatively narrow. you basically have to knowingly say something that is false, damaging, and likely to be taken seriously by others. i can call bill o'reilly a "pigfucker" all day long because nobody's going to reasonably conclude from my ranting that bill o'reilly actually puts his dick in a pig's anus.

While this is a good example I genuinely believe Bill O'riley fucks pigs.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

gently caress the tech sector :negative:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I'm the 23 - 66 % of women.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

In all honesty I'm surprised its not 23 - 100%

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i am taking uber to the train station tomorrow morning. pray for me

stay safe satan :ohdear:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Avenging Dentist posted:

the most fun you can have interviewing is when you already have a job you like

then you just go to the interview and basically say "ok, impress me"

also free lunch

I do this, but with unemployment and an over-inflated sense of self-worth.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Mr Dog posted:

the future of the working class is death by heatstroke sprinting a cart around an un air conditioned warehouse after the morning's walk past the line of rights-less contingent workers desperate to take your job when you bite it

please don't post jeff bezos fantasies

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Tori is like an american version of a european.

Meanwhile Fishmech is a true american sperg defending the unsung, downtrodden and forgotten heros of the nation: the mall :911:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Because of

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

touché

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

hand to god never thrown a butt out the window since

actually smoking in tyool 2015.

btchs need to get all yospos and smoke some weird blue led thing instead

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Forums Terrorist posted:

i'd prefer you suck a robot dick

Never not suck robot dick

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I'm the broken sound card

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I bought a robot dick that is a total iPhone 4 rip off the other day

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

if artificial intelligence is ever good enough to replace basic blue-collar workers (e.g. drivers, factory, basic service, dock-hands, etc.) there will either be a universal income or bloody class war with the rich deploying automated police buzzsaws

my bets are on the latter :smithicide:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

computer parts posted:

ships too, you can ship ten times as much cargo with a tenth of the people compared with 40 years ago

And you employee filipinos for all the horrible dangerous jobs for a fraction of the price and one or two actually qualified ex-soviets for slightly more to run the whole thing. And if your ship sinks and your crew dies welp your going to make more in insurance anyway.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

transferring money from rich dirty old men to young people

I also don't understand why anyone would ever want to go to a strip club, but you make a good point here

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Wulfolme posted:

They opened up a Twin Peaks in my parent's town and the beer is apparently kept under the freezing point and they serve it with ice still floating in it

right in the loving center of town, by one of the busiest roads too

why would a cult 1980s TV show directed by noted transcendental meditation guru David Lynch open up a restaurant in ur hometown? idgi

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

qirex posted:

I went to the tilted kilt [scottish hooters] when I was on a business trip and it was the dadliest place I've ever been

if only this was a gay version of hooters in which really buff guys walk around in tiny kilts

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

antiques roadshow is where the excitement is at

real talk: british antiques roadshow is where its at

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

JawnV6 posted:

the most ridiculous part of that fantasy is uber actually making a capital expenditure that opens them up to liability. as if they wouldn't 1099 'drone car operators' to take the fall

they'll go a la gibson and subcontract 'driverless' trucks to plebs driving them as remote control video games. Conveniently giving us someone unimportant to blame and lock up when something inevitably goes wrong.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

qirex posted:

uber made a big deal out of former goon deadmouse driving people around in his meme ferrari

deadmouse is a former goon? More proof that nothing good comes out of this site.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Myself included. If I ever do anything of note.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

welcome to your cyberpunk dystopia

:barf:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

fart simpson posted:

meanwhile the same boss only approved one of my coworkers to travel to and from a conference in another city on a 30 something hour train ride each way because it was literally $15 cheaper than taking a flight.

I hope that train travel time was on company time although I doubt it would be if your boss was that much of a penny pinching rear end in a top hat.

Anyway trains rule.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

lmao

these fancy super expensive watches are actually really cool from a technical/mechanical perspective but wow. they are really expensive.

just buy a old soviet mechanical watch for 40 bucks :ussr:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I got this for christmas, it took about 3 weeks to ship here from the ukraine but its rad as hell

Edit: I've also been thinking of getting one of the 24 hour watches just for the novelty of it

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

black man on the sidewalk clearly a drug dealer, will definitely shoot me if i snitch on him

Lol that guy could barely be more racist if he tried.

I believe in equality for all people. Im not a racist. Apart from when they are slightly larger than me and have adequate social skills. America is the land of the free MLK ended discrimination, I voted for Obama, how can I be a racist?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

playpump was an idea to replace hand-operated water pumps in africa with spinny playground equipment, with the idea that they would siphon off the kinetic energy from kids playing on them to operate the water pump. charities and aid organizations loved it and tens of millions of dollars were spent on building them all over africa

except each one cost $14,000, the pump didn't deliver enough water even when kids were playing on it, tons of them broke down and the company was slow to fix them and refused to pay for replacing broken ones, and it turned out kids didn't like them all that much so adults ended up having to play on them since there was no manual pump option

The problem is people supporting dumb as gently caress NGOs founded and staffed by yuppies who want to spend a few years saving all the poor little black children in africa with which they inevitably pad out their CVs before getting jobs at Goldman Sharks and Bain of the earth Capital.

When you give money to charity make sure its to NGOs like Oxfam and MSF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

fart simpson posted:

that playground equipment water pump stuff someone mentioned a while back is pretty cool. i never realized that water shortages in africa exist because the act of pumping water is boring

Well since they all got broadband access getting people to do life sustaining tasks has become difficult since it just can't compete with posting lolcats on reddit. Perhaps if there was some way we could gamify this problem?

• Locked thread