Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

mine is loving public record and people still get all weirded out by me not giving a poo poo and offering to tell them when they are asking about my job and say things like "oh I heard that pays well".
same, and people sometimes freak out when i tell them that they can see the exact figure online, and not just a "this job makes about this much" range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

“People, it turns out, really like fresh air,” he said. Take that, Google!
wouldn't everyone get poisoned if they opened the windows at google?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i heard a commercial for uber drivers on the radio this morning. they're guaranteeing $5000 in your first month.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Snapchat A Titty posted:

just get sammy jankis to handle your insulin :rolleys:

don't believe his lies!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

every once in a while a line from this pops into my head during the day and i just start giggling uncontrollably.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

lmao if u didn't join when it was still free

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tom's of finland shoes

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

five guys is way overrated though lol.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Shifty Pony posted:

there is a burger place near my house that has both an inside line at the counter and an outside line where you wait for the chance to wait in the inside line to pay $10 for a burger.

and just down the street is a goddamn amazing burger joint that cooks a classic fast food burger over charcoal and maybe has a three person deep line at lunch rush.

no burg is worth two lines.
i've got to go to top notch more often

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i dunno man. how do they make a person disappear in one place and reappear at another place thousands of kilometers away with a multi-km/s inertial change?

in other words, they got super-physics in the future, how come they can't have super-sociology in the future as well?
everyone went into stem to get them to that technology, so there was no one advancing the social sciences.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

cylindrical food best food
checks out based on cranberry sauce still in the shape of the can.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

FMguru posted:

arent most "craft beers" just stuff from miller/coors/bud except put in fancier bottles and sold at a 150% markup?
probably not most, but there are definitely some major ones. apparently they do it with ciders and wines too.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i once made some homebrew root beer using beer homebrewing equipment. it was so bad that i almost can't drink root beer anymore.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

how many years is it going to take to program autonomous cars to think ... "huh, that driver looks like kind of an rear end in a top hat, I bet he's going to do the dickiest thing possible as soon as the opportunity arises".
they can probably recognize german car logos without too much trouble

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

These two guys in the 50's. One of them then says he needs to farts and does it. He then begins joking about it and if i will asses a cleaning fee on him.

I did not know how to handle the situation and contemplated throwing out the bastards.It was almost horrifying. As in seriously, this is not funny. This is NOT a city Bus. This is a private car.

I dropped the idiot at his million dollar mansion. Not even a tip.
there is NOTHING FUNNY about farting in a car

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

daft punk railroad posted:

maxima is plural

you mean i used to own multiple nissans?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

quote:

I’m 51 and a former professional musician. I know how to listen.
why do people who have spent years standing next to giant speaker cabinets think they're experts on the subtlety of high pitched audio?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

i'm the dac in whatever mp3 this gets hooked up to

pretty sure anyone who has one of these also has a separate fiio dac

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

when will congress finally repeal the internet privacy act of 1995

thanks a lot, clinton

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

qirex posted:

there's this choice quote as well, "if people moved there, they would soon want more schools and other expensive services"

parks and rec is a documentary, everyone in local government is a broken shithead
parks and rec is a toned down version of reality because no one would believe the actual things that citizens speak to their government about.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

mr burns and sideshow bob went to yale

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dolomite posted:

there were billboards all over austin for this poo poo when i was there for tcea in february.

yeah, i was wondering what the hell all those were, and this actually makes perfect sense.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

triple sulk posted:

they may as well have been more succinct and said that the responders have a lot of work ahead of them in trying to find the strangers in the alps

at least we know what happens when they do find them

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Stringent posted:

Behind every great fortune there is a crime.
—Balzac
a solid point, but there's really no need for the potty mouth

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

qirex posted:

if uber ends with some sort of RICO case that would be the best possible outcome
i don't see any updates recently, but...
http://www.lctmag.com/regulations/news/107180/houston-limo-cab-companies-file-lawsuit-to-stop-uber-lyft
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...to-bootleggers/

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

rjmccall posted:

subjunctive was were right

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

alternately, so your name is just applovin?

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

qirex posted:

for 99% of cooking tasks cast iron is a pain but I assume the only thing goons do is fry inch-thick slabs of meat so for that you're set
i always hear people talking about how great it is for cooking eggs and basically everything, but my experience has been similar to yours. non-stick and stainless steel get a lot more use for me.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

an arcology without pneumatic travel tubes (NOT SUBWAYS) is garbage
the strong support for pneumatic tubes in all their many uses is one of my favorite aspects of this forum

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Enderzero posted:

Holy poo poo I never heard of this movie but it has the worst poster I've ever seen.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

291's pretty good-sized.

well of course you'd say that :rolleyes:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

Starfleet is based in San Francisco.

and yet disruptors were mostly used by aliens

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

y'all should watch the 30 for 30 about the ny islanders, trust me

:agreed:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

shitface posted:

there's a lot of conflicting information out there about credit. a lot of it says to pay in full but not before the due date because otherwise it reports as no credit used :shrug:

probably people are saying to not pay before the statement date rather than the due date, but god only knows what credit card companies really do

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Smythe posted:

in the future super war is it going to be like cool american super soldiers with power armor and jumpjet boots and laser swords cutting down like 500 chinese ppl like zerglings?

may I refer you to the documentary command and conquer: generals? china will grow larger

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

siamese owners have meowing ptsd, they must tell every siamese cat they see what a good cat they are so that the meowing doesn't start again

confirmed

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

your show horse can't run around in a garden of cactuses smythe
i'm pretty sure horses and cactus get along great...

http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=ECTE

oh.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

the Cuesta Park Charmer
sounds like a serial killer or a wrestler

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

Left hand makes gr8 beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Waroduce posted:

Not really sure where to ask, but

Can anyone please recommend some good books about Microsoft, Silicon Valley or the first (or current) tech bubble? I dont mean like a Bill Gates or Stebe biography, although I may read a Bill one, but like a history about their business or how they built their empires.

I was recommended Opening The Xbox for example as a cool look into designing the og xbox
it's not really directly any of the things you asked for, but The Soul of a New Machine feels like it might be of interest. it's also probably the yosposest book i've ever read.

• Locked thread