Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

chinese ebikes and power drills are basically disposable tho. they can sell cells as lovely as they want for those and nobody will care there

point of the tesla battery designs are that the individual cells can be real lovely and also flammable and the whole deal will be still ok and nonflammable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

container shipping is ludicrously cheap

it's also ludicrously cheap cuz it's ludicrously efficient. overseas shipping was 10x cheaper than overland in 6000 bc and also 2018 ad and every step in between

if your bananas come from peru in a container, the gas cost in driving it from the distribution center to the grocery and then from the grocery to your home is like 5x the gas cost of getting it to the port from the other port

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

holy poo poo this is so much fancier than i'd ever imagined

it's also so much lower quality than you'd imagine
the cops there also don't let you take pictures, dunno why

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

fishmech posted:

doesn't tesla not actually have that much venture capital behind it at this point?

and wasn't most of tesla's venture capital raised by or outright from ol musky himself? like that was the entire reason he got to be an honorary founder and the head of the company, he dumped a bunch of daddy's money and paypal money into tesla.

so in the end the primary vc for tesla is the guy in charge so its not much of a threat

daddy's money for musko was <100k
it's paypal money and raised from ipo money

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ate all the Oreos posted:

i thought "musk paid for tesla out of his own pockets because he's so kind and wanted to give the world a better car and he lived on a friend's couch while he was doing that!" was a complete myth though

at that point the guy was like $50 million post-ipo so lol at the couch, but it was definitely cuz of basically no reason

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
learn a diff eq for the love of god

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Jonny 290 posted:

its almost as though we're at this point where we realize that people that constantly poo poo content into social networks in a vain quest for approval and belonging may have a more than 50/50 shot of being just a little bit fascist

but we'll never admit or act on that

question, then, is, "does yospos count as a social network"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you could have enough destruction of housing from a single short natural disaster that even the olds are left homeless

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sapozhnik posted:

make apartment blocks government-owned, mandate a homogeneous ethnic mix in line with the nation's wider demographics

singapore does that and this particular aspect of the authoritarian hell state that is singapore owns

this is literally the only antiracist thing they do and singapore is now basically the least racist place in asia

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dude i know did a commute seoul -> LA for his import business for 9 months
he got a heart attack at the end of those 9 months and retired

it was prolly just because he was a fat gently caress by korean standards (average by US standards)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Krankenstyle posted:

hopefully at least mon-fri or something

literally physically impossible not mon-fri, yeah

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it's gotta be black on black
anarchypos

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
grope about looking at av's only, in the plato's cave of postin

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
crunchbase says that they only have 11-50 peeps
which would indicate about 30 engineers tops, probably deffo more like 15
which would indicate lol, no more engineers, actually

have fun not developing any more software i guess

switching all your devs to different ones: also a hilariously idiot idea
not even taking into account the union idiocy, which they will prolly get away with but will probably lead to their inability to hire anyone decent

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Software developers aren't engineers.

you're right, devs get paid more

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
some religions deffo more gimmicky than others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we should have someone whose gimmick is portraying everybody's posts in the best light possible gratuitously. balance out the unquoted one

YAAAAY EVERYBODY everything is COOL BEANS and WE'RE DEFINITELY NOT GONNA DIE IN NUCLEAR FIRE YAAAAY

• Locked thread