Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

srb posted:

Surprised it took them nine years to realize this.

Yeah thats much sooner than I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

JuffoWup posted:

Hey, remember that sudden reveal here about brit light tanks? It is coming in 3.6. Along with the removal of team damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqEusOD6210

One thing I miss when never playing this game again, is how every video is narrated by an alien trying to imitate an american accent

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Isn't that a mechanical voice?

I have no clue because they use real voiceover artists in other videos and I dont understand why they would go through the effort of trying to make a robo voice sound almost normal

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

moolchaba posted:

Ugh. You guys still playing Frontlines?

I can only tolerate this game in 10 minute bites and then I go kicking and ranting around my house for half an hour. Then I come back and play another match.

Same here but the kicking and ranting has been happening for uhhh three years

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Game still uninstalled, 3 years strong ✊

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Slaapaav posted:

oh man just had a game with someone running the 105 howitzer on the pershing

Its the best gun actually. It has higher potential dps and never does a bounce

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fondly remembering the matches where I would run a howitzer patton and loudly proclaim the high dps and reliability of the best tank/gun combo in the game while low-t scrubs would incorrectly tell me how it was poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wow! Sounds like the experience of this game is exactly the same. Glad I still havent reinstalled ha ha

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anyone remember when the T-44 was good because no one could hit a moving target further than spitting distance?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The early matchmaking tiers were 1-2, 3-10 which was incredibly dumb but funny before tier 10s started to become commonplace. There was no finer act than boxing in a maus with 3 tier 3 tanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I almost never got shot by arty in the BP even at the height of xvm usage. My secret technique was never getting to the fights in time. Still had a great win rate

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thread, I ask for your support in my moment of weakness: I have vaguely considered reinstalling this game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

Arty.

That is all.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My streak of not playing this game will outlast the forum itself. I am invincible

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BitBasher posted:

I used to see counter artillery fire used to be a LOT more common back like 6-7 years ago before I took a long break. It basically never happens to me now. I rarely play arty but I haven't been counter fired by arty once since I started playing again, I don't even bother relocating after firing any more.

Counter-battery disappeared almost immediately after the tracer nerf because it became nearly impossible while arty was still relocating and firing from non-obvious positions to avoid getting blasted. The playerbase never bothered to relearn it after arty got complacent, probably because even then its still a waste of time vs ruining some poor heavys day.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

kemikalkadet posted:

I only play T10 arty but counter battery is still pretty common there. What was the tracer nerf? I took a 5 year break from the game and came back just under a year ago but it still seems as easy as it used to be.

Tracers used to appear for everyone regardless of where they were looking, so anytime you heard an arty splash, you could quickly scan around the area to see where it came from. People got so paranoid that they would actually sit outside the bushes to fire just to throw the counter battery off enough to relocate safely.

It got nerfed because modders figured out how to make tracers decay incredibly slowly and basically pinpoint the edge of the gun barrel (including tanks/TDs), which made maps like Komarin even more of a joy to play

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Posting to see how many years Ive been clean

e: its 4 :toot:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Past two days. 17 games. Zero wins.

Merry Christmas everybody.

I feel you man, I had the same result after playing 0 games.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BadLlama posted:

I don't think we could actually define ur results in this situation

Im stuck in a hellish state of never playing this game and hating every second I play of it. A real shrodingers dipshit

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Katamari Democracy posted:

Captain Blaargh I wish I would play more games with you. Or any goon in this thread for that matter. If I am online please feel free to ping me in-game or send me a PM so I can add you guys to my goon discord.

Chucklefucks who post this every two weeks in this thread need not apply.

mad?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:hai: mad.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I somehow ended up in the old beta thread and got to relive my auspicious starting experience

Control Volume posted:

I must have the most horrible luck with my T-34 in this game. In the space of about 4 games, I have been one-shotted by another medium (VK3001 I think), outgunned by an A-20, and, when trying to take out a Leopard that hit one of those stupid ledges in Malinovka, hit him four times for around 2%-3% damage each with HE rounds, and still didn't manage to take out his tracks. This is on top of the numerous misses I've had when nothing but enemy tank filled the firing cone (no hit indicator at all, not even a ricochet). I swear my gunner is a pacifist or something.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

McGavin posted:

That tank looks like hot garbage.

The nazis gently caress everything up, even the comet (best tank in the game)

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TracerM17 posted:

Did they change the UI recently to make your tank blue on the list of tanks in a battle?

Lol no, not recently. Congrats on even managing that these days

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Gervasius posted:

Anyone else remembers, back in old days, games with five tanks per team and rest was all artillery? That was fun.

Remember when the S-51 was an orbital laser, and the SU-26 could solo the enemy team?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Heres to another full year of not reinstalling this game :cheers: :cheerdoge:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Every time I check up on this game it looks more and more like a lovely mobile game

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Not interested in WoT Plus until it stacks the matchmaker rigging in my favor

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

E: Everyone with over 200 games in teh leFH1882 should be banned from the game. Over 1000 games they should have to spend 30 days in jail IRL.

I think they should be given a medal and an un-nerfed SU-51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Also, 7 years on the wagen now ✊