Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

McGavin posted:

Yeah, but the Valentine is that bad upgraded. A fully upgraded tier 4 tank with less DPM than the majority of tier 2 tanks is just shameful.

Less than 1k dpm at tier 4.

If you use the stock gun, you get up to almost 1500!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah, but neither of those links talk about reverse overmatching, which is what you appeared to be talking about. I'm not sure that's a thing, shells that aren't 2x+ the armor just don't get a bonus to normalization, there's no penalty.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
If you get going fast enough forwards the speed display bugs the gently caress out.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah, I meant that in more of a "it's really funny" sense. I'm pretty sure I've hit like 35+ on some steeper hills.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Played like 3 battles in the winter battle mode, won twice, got fed up with lovely players nonetheless. Tanks never changes.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The frontal armor is only an advantage if you can hide the LFP. ~75mm won't save you from much, especially when the ammo rack is right behind it.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

xthetenth posted:

Rhoomba. Fast.

What the hell's up with my slow aim-bloomy trashpile then?

Well I dunno about fast but compared to the Emil, which only compares favorably to the T95, it's blistering.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Prav posted:

Chinese T8 premium incoming.

:lol:

Is that... a type 59 with a patton turret? :psyduck:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

rossmum posted:

how the gently caress

T26E4 Super Pershing: 1852 games @ 41.31%

VS

Comet: 154 games @ 70.13%

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
There isn't much more satisfying than murdering the poo poo out of some poor sod who thinks he can out-shoot a tortoise in a straight up fight. Especially when they're bad and bounce every shot.

4k DPM :getin:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I just remember when our Saint Obama emblem got nuked because it was "promoting a political agenda" or whatever the gently caress.

Crying Lenin and loving confederate flags are A-OK, but Obama? gently caress that guy.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
HE is poo poo.

Speaking of, I got to see a WTE100 shooting HE yesterday. Hit an E-50 a couple times for like 100 cumulative damage.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Set like 3 tanks on fire tonight, just never while I was driving a medium tank :(

Also nuked a roomba with 128mm of HE, but since it set him on fire and killed him I'm not sure it made much of a difference :V

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's right there in the name, come on guys :v:

In other news, just bought the 50 120 today.

I wish I had more free XP, because I want all of those upgrades so goddamn bad. I dunno if it's the hp/t ratio or the traction, but the thing feels more sluggish than my E-75. Is it worth sticking with the 100mm for slightly longer to get the engine and/or the tracks earlier? I feel like I can make the 100mm work, I just need to get used to it again.

Or is the 50 120 just that much slower than the 50 100?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
We haven't done strongholds in ages, afaik, mostly just because nobody's on anymore. I think I saw like 8 people on last night, tops.

Unrelatedly, do the different ranks actually mean anything? I notice that I've somehow become a "Combat Officer"

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

kemikalkadet posted:

Just going to have an early night tonight I think.

Yeah that looks about right for me too.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/1745153#murovanka-steelion-e_75

E-75 is such a good tank. Too bad I was only on HT-8.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My Caern was blessed by the same British Tank gods that blessed my and everyone else's Black Prince apparently, since I did pretty drat well in the thing, despite its plentiful flaws.

e: their favor appears to have left me now that I'm in the Conqueror, though. drat fickle Brits.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Oh I've had the gun for ages, I elited the tank not too long ago. I've been doing better since, but not having the free XP to insta-buy the gun meant I was stuck with the 20pdr long enough for it to tank my stats in the meantime.

I am chronically short on free XP.

e: Same scenario with my Tortoise, except that thing needed the 120 even more, arguably.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I played my IS-8 the same way as my IS-3.Be super aggressive, always shoot things in the face, never expect your armor to do poo poo for you. I had a blast in the thing.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
my e75 is loving cursed

e: I did get a second mark of excellence in the thing after a 4500 damage curbstomp loss to some 4k wn8 unicum superplatoon.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 3, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Unlocked the STA, gonna miss the Chi-Ri. It was a blast to play, in spite of the 48% winrate :smith:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Ushering in a new era of telling pubbies to eat various quantities and qualities of dicks.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I assume the A-20 is still garbage, so assuming I want to go up the Soviet medium tree, T-80 line or start at the T-50? T-50 is obviously a shorter grind (but it's low tiers so it'll go fast either way), but I hear the T-80 line of tanks is pretty solid.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
You fuckers managed to skip over it bashing the Lorraine or w/e, so I'm repeating myself:

Steelion posted:

I assume the A-20 is still garbage, so assuming I want to go up the Soviet medium tree, T-80 line or start at the T-50? T-50 is obviously a shorter grind (but it's low tiers so it'll go fast either way), but I hear the T-80 line of tanks is pretty solid.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Sounds fair, T-80 it is. No reason to deal with light MM if I can help it.

Though that brings up the question, if not the A-20, what is the current worst tank? AMX 40?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
http://wotreplays.com/site/1783007#malinovka-steelion-m46_patton

Patton is a very nice tank, even if I did whiff a third of my shots completely. ~6.5k directly, and another 2k spotting.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

srb posted:

Very generous of that 1500 wn8 T-54 to shoot you over and over again with HE so you can pick and choose your shots.

Still bounced every shot :argh:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
*Not* assholes? And you were in this platoon too?

Dang.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's probably fast in the same sense the IS-7 is.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
They should give the Challenger a 20pdr. The AT-7 gets one! The 17pdr was great at tier 5, good at tier 6, and i'm sick of it at tier 7.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

CitizenKain posted:

It really could use one. I just sold it after a couple of games, I don't see a reason to play a tank that bad.

I mean, I'm enjoying it pretty well, surprisingly. The fact that I suddenly have gun depression means I can position myself so much better, plus it's pretty fast. Some more alpha and pen would really go a long way, though, 150/171 really doesn't cut it.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I keep winning in the Crusader SP. I am averaging 200 more damage per game with the stock gun than the 304.

I think I broke something. :psyduck:

e: I know that eventually statistics are going to take over, and that 14 games is not a representative sample. But Jesus Christ this is getting absurd.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I think the simplest answer is that case is that WN8 isn't a very good metric.

I mean, I think it's funny how I have like 2k WN8, because I that implies I'm way better than I actually am :v:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It looks like a slower 13 75 with a worse gun. Doesn't get the 300hp engine, and 720 burst damage with 90 alpha vs 810 with 135. A tiny bit worse pen.

I guess it does dump the clip faster, so there's that. You can do that 720 damage in ~8 seconds, vs the 12 you need in the 13 75. Aim time would probably make that moot beyond point blank range, though.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 20, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Early on, you're going to be upgrading tanks (and therefore retraining crews) so often that it'll take relatively forever to get the first skill to 100%, and so a lot of skills won't be active for the immediate future.

With that said, Repairs is the safest possible choice for a skill choice. It's useful on drat near any sort of vehicle, available to every crewman, and it's always active, even at less than 100%, just at reduced effectiveness.

e: As far as the T28 itself goes,the 57mms are the best option. If you're asking about equipment (rammer, binocs, etc.) then I wouldn't worry about the "permanent" gear until either you have gold to demount the gear, or you're making enough cash to be able to replace them semi-regularly. In the meantime, a toolkit, binocs and camo can be shuffled around as needed among your tanks.

e2: I'm curious, are there any good 76mm soviet guns?

Steelion fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 23, 2015

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
This thread needs more flying tanks.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1833944#overlord-steelion-m46_patton

The magic happens right at the end.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's 16 kills a day, minimum. I wouldn't exactly call that grinding.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Probably the same way I have 3400 in my Caernarvon.

When you figure out what it is, let me know :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That afk bot in cap can also be useful from time to time because it'll sometimes spot retards going for fast cap who neglect any idea of cover as they rush across the field allowing you to murder them or reset.

Yeah honestly I always have to think for a bit when I run into an enemy afk at their base. Do I shoot them? Am I spotted? I can't just ignore him and keep driving, then I know he'll spot me.