Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Hey dudes the capping missions can now also be completed by getting a corresponding amount of defense points, so they are trivially easy. Also you can shoot tanks for LT-15 but they increased the requirement by 1000 so that is kinda rough. Also for the spg missions that stupid loving tracking mission is gone, and the splash multiple tanks mission becomes destroy an enemy in one shot / splash two / splash one kill one / kill two.

Still gotta get two fires in one medium tank game, but that's what the Rudy and Cromwell are for.

9.7 missions - http://tanks.gg/en/wot/missions

9.8 test missions - http://test.tanks.gg/en/wot/missions

Meds still have mission to set fire to a higher tier tank, which has troubled me more than the platooning. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Azhais posted:

E-100 (buff): credit ammo from 235 to 243, gold ammo from 335 to 325

Looks like a nerf to me, who fires credit ammo :shrug:

Yes, what kind of idiot does that. Not me, that is for sure. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Why would you voluntarily play a tier ten tank while handicapping yourself? If you're firing AP from the 150mm, just use the 128mm instead.

For some reason, I find myself unable to use gold as default, so unless I am driving an autoloader against higher tiers, my ammo is going to be AP until I actually fail to penetrate a few times.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

primelaw posted:

So this site is selling the JT 8.8, 7 days of premium, and 1,250 gold for 22.40

http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code-1414011884-374460-t/

I bought one just to test it, and it works for NA. So yeah, get your best gold out of it by using the code tomorrow or whatever unless you need a JT.

Jeez, that is pretty much half price if exchange rate is right.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

primelaw posted:

I tested it with a second. It works!

Did you get full amount of gold, even with the discount?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
There is also the danger on some maps that if you spot the enemy almost right after the battle starts, the entire team will stop moving and fire widely in the direction of the enemy, stalling your team while the enemy team gets into the best positions.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Fellow autists, as someone who really wants to cut down on WoT but at the same time always seems buy premium time when it runs out, right after a hard grind session before the previous ran out, would buying 6 months premium time make me care less about playing, since the amount of time left would make me not bother about getting value for my money.

tldr; do you feel that longer premium time makes you care less about playing?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Nordick posted:

They had all kinds of plans for wacky superheavy mobile fortress kinda tanks, from what I hear. The fact those things were never built hasn't deterred WG thus far.

They are probably going to say "gently caress it" and start just adding Gundam tanks.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
What I like/hate about the IS8 gun, is that the HEAT rounds are able to penetrate the VK 45 frontally.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Haha, the monthly mission on EU servers is to win a battle and get a free premium fire extingushier. The fun part? You get two if you have premium account. There are going to be some fun threads about this.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I must be doing something right when the enemy team is bitching about me using gold and my team is bitching about I not being there to save their higher tier asses.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Unicums and tomatoes seems to be the biggest whiners when you kill them. I once blind shot a unicum on Highway, and he would not stop bitching about how I was a loving camper, even if he was spotted going into a camping spot, was firing gold and had thousands of battles in the Hellcat. It was loving hilarious.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Good news everybody. Wargamming have announced a new Masters of Orion game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOpsvRtmb-w

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

lol this campaign is loving hilarious. Yesterday, I got 4700 fame points, and ended up at 2205th place.

I just got 38200 fame points for a fight. JohnGalt, if PINGU doesn't gently caress up and makes it to the fancy New Swabia map, both of us will be getting a tank.

e: John Galt you're up to 29k, there should be enough fame to go around for both of us to get the tank if PINGU doesn't die. Good thing there isn't a known clan killer in the clan, right?

For some reason, after taking our designated province, my clan still failed it's mission and it looks like WG won't compensate us for a bug that they acknowledge. :suicide:

If they are going to make us fight for clan fame instead of player fame, they should at least have their poo poo in order.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Azhais posted:

If anyone's looking to get into World of Warships:

https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

Beta Keys are on the humble bundle. $1 and you're in (bonus tanks invite code included)
Oooooh.

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

It sucks that it's NA only.
Ah.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Haha, my clan have been running just one team throughout the CW but after one hectic evening we managed to secure 30 licences today, which is more than the players who were active, and not only did we managed to not only getting enough fame to stay within top 79 but moved up fifteen places. Even more amused over the fact that if we hadn't gotten the extra 50k fame tonight, we would have ended on position 79. :D

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Holy poo poo they vastly overestimated how many people wanted to play the minicampaign on the RU and EU servers.

http://volknn.ru/end/en/positions/

Minimum position to get the tank was 31k fame on RU and 34k on EU. It was 62k on SEA and 78k on NA, and that was perfect for NA - 2500th place, the last place to get the tank, was at 78k, 2600th place went down to 71k, and 2700th place went all the way down to 64k. That's basically exactly how it should be - slightly competitive.

EU dudes, did you guys have trouble getting fights, or did your clans have trouble getting people into the top 11000 if they showed up?

My clan don't really do clan wars, we are just a social bunch of wannabe unicums who enjoys running platoons. We ran 2 teams during the last CW before Christmas, but this time we we could only field one team, we did however manage to get a tank for everyone who was active, but most could not be bothered to make an effort for a tier 8 premium tank. We were not really short on fights with just one team, but our team were hurting over the lack of players since it meant we didn't have a 2nd team for fame farming.

Lower fame requirement might be related to that we have more players and thus we have more clans, and they tended to block landings after moving inlands, as a mean to farm fame and keeping the proles from getting uppity, it could be one reason few succeed in getting higher fame.

At the same, we are giving our callers brain aneurysms since we are good players who think we know best, so they spent the first week browbeating us into following orders, so it took some time before we got our poo poo together when fighting the more experienced clans. Herding cats would been less stress elevating and it's tradition that the officer in charge of an CW leaves the clan afterwards. :v:

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 20, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
During one match, before the battle started, the enemy said that they wanted to lose so they would rush up the middle and they wanted us to kill them, because they wanted off the map. So they rushed up the middle with their guns pointed behind them, we held mostly held our fire because we was not sure if we would get blamed for this, so they killed our arty and went afk.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Turns out Challenger Carry is real.

It's still an unredeemable piece of poo poo. Seriously, I will put in a word for the Chi-ri and A-44, but this tank will put up against the wall and shot when the revolution comes.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Heh, the weekend mission on EU gives a rental Tog for 7 days. It's nice of them to let everyone experience how much of a piece of poo poo it is in case someone is tempted to buy it. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Man Japanese tank design really does make German tanks look sane by comparison.

I love the description for the tier 9 Japanese heavy, where it says that it was intended for attacking fortified targets and coastal defense. It was pretty much a coastal artillery on wheels tracks. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

So uh, this is the tier six 150 ton Japanese heavy -

Gonna park behind that butt machine gun all day.
I wish all the turrets just continuously fired their gun in random directions.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Brazil losing the final in the 1950 World Cup traumatized them so badly, that one person killed himself and 3 others died from heart attack at the stadium after the loss, and they compared the trauma to Hiroshima. The coach got away from the stadium dressed as a woman and the poor goal keeper became person non grata and for perpetuity banned from meeting any member of Brazilian national football teams.

The Brazilians are nuts. :v:

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 26, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Mans posted:

a lot of people get this idea that they just need to sell their tanks when they unlock the next one and immediatly buy it, like there's this compulsive order that you need to always be grinding.

That's compulsion is even more fun when you don't sell tanks but end up keeping most of them because they are not completely unredeemable. :shepicide:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
My average damage in the Tiger 2 is at 84.88%, so I am waiting for the opportune moment to play in a platoon. Or I could get over my fixations and just go full gold. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
The Challenger is a fun and exciting tank.

It's pure unadulterated poo poo and the only tank I spent free exp to skip after realizing I was only halfway and ready to slit my wrists.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Would you seriously have considered grinding 200 kills and 200k xp in the loving A45?

WG EU no longer gives a gently caress, to commemorate the end of WW2 their week long special have no discounts but it does have triple FREE exp and a daily mission to win 40 battles whilst being in top 10 in exchange for coated optics and gearbox. And just to add a topping to the cake of gently caress yous, they announce the event after it had already started. :v:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
So WG EU decided to show how little they care, so they repeated the month long WZ-111 mission, but with even less rewards and credits instead of gold for people who had the tank. I was hopeful when they said would streamline the missions in Europe and USA, but at this point it would probably just mean that yours would suck as well.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Missing Name posted:

Also, you can grind out 30k damage 15 times and win an E-25 for this whole shindig.

I most euro players would preferred the US missions over the EU ones, at least yours tries to be interesting instead of being bland and hardly worth the effort.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/tanks-thru-time1/

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/special-mission-wz111-marathon-take2/

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Hey Obj 260 owners - what tank did you use for the heavy mission where you need to block 3x your HP in damage with armor and deal 3k damage? Do I just need to get idiots to shoot my KV-5 poorly for a while?

I just lacked 30 damage blocked to do it in my E 75, a T-29 was bouncing my armor and my team told me get it over with and kill the fucker, so I did. Lesson is, never listen to team. :suicide:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Hey man, on the plus side at least doing the medium missions where you need to kill 2 or 3 artillery is really easy if you have a Batchat. I mean, I pity anyone who needs to kill three artillery but don't own a Batchat. Those people must be miserable.

I managed to find 3 arties in my Type 61 and promptly hit the windows button when I wanted to check that I was on the right mission, leading to me killing 2 whilst the almost finished third was knocked off by a scout who had been camping in our base up to that point. :suicide:

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

RanKizama posted:

Ferdinand is utter poo poo. Don't waste your time or credits.

I liked it but once I got the Jgz 88 I had no reason to keep it. Then again, I liked Tiger P, so I obviously like poo poo tanks that occasionally blocks damage.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
No honeymooners reference?

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Besides fleecing money, WGEU hardly gives a drat about anything any more. I suspect a random mission generator and automated profanity banning in chat would eliminate the need for any human oversight, without anybody noticing anything. Unless it's already happened, in which case, kudos WG.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If you try circling arty in the Challenger, every loving shot will go off into the scenery. It's incapable of doing two things at the same time, and even when it just have to do one thing, it will gently caress it up. The tank is so poisonous, that if you ever get a great round in it, you will know it's was not the tank that did it, it was horrible players and the divine intervention of RNGesus that made it possible.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 15, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Yea, I think your description is wonky if I remember that mission right.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Hellsau posted:

Hey EU people, how is the fourth Campaign going for your server? They pushed it back until January for NA, and I'm wondering if there's any funny stuff going on. Usually Campaigns are a total clusterfuck, and CW 2.0 is already a giant nightmare, so I figured maybe it'll be even more of a disaster than the last three Campaigns.

My clan did not manage to get enough people interested in running the new CW, so the dozen social and fun players finally got fed up with that the officers focus on recruiting people with skills but no willingness to play with clan mates, and promptly left for clans with teamwork. That means that the clan channel is now a vacant with 4 or 5 players and I have pretty much stopped playing. So personally I would say it's a success, though I have no idea how the actual CW is going.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 28, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Gervasius posted:

Want a Type 59 and you're a filthy Euro? Well, it's your lucky day.

Someone should get Agrajag one.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Refried Noodle posted:

:siren: 2pac and other EU goons :siren:

The leFH is up in the advent calendar. If for some reason you don't own the only fun arty in the game, now is your chance.

Why is this more fun than the bishop if one ignore the credit making?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I don't know what's worst, you guys sperging over an arty or me potentially buying it.