Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A new year brings new hope that MAYBE this year won't be full of as much hate and bile as 2014. I'm looking forward to the brief period of time before that hope is dashed, probably by Ramirez.

Mister Beeg posted:

The article doesn't mention why she was in jail: for stalking John Kricfalusi

Oh dear, this is the first thing that came into my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

Political PBF: Some unknown genius is taking old PBF strips and turning them into political cartoons. It's a lot better than it sounds.

I hadn't looked at this for awhile:

:stwoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How can you read this cartoon in any other way than,"The President is completely and 100% right"? :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is this Europe's answer to

As always, the next panel is Edison saying,"Excellent, I'll take the idea from him, patent it under my own name and rake in the money and the glory forever."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha, so is their (Conservative Political Cartoonists) reality or our reality Bizarro-world?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Clinton: Because I engaged in consensual sexual intercourse with an adult?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Muir supporting Charlie Hebdo is the worst thing that has happened to them today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rorus Raz posted:

I'm more shocked that Albert Uderzo is alive.

My friend had Asterix cartoons on VHS and we watched those on occasion.

It's a shame he never quite had the writing part down, because his art was tremendous and contributed enormously to making Asterix so good, but once Goscinny died the great art by itself wasn't enough to cover for the decline in writing.

Still, they went out on a high note as a team:

Based on Pieter Bruegel's Peasant Wedding :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That third guy has really been dropping the ball the last 6 years :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Has anyone ever laughed at a political cartoon, like, ever?

:laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here's another rib-tickler!

:lol:

Edit: For even more of a laugh, go to the linked website :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The last thing a guy with shoulder-length hair sees. :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Yorker posted:

Dear Mr Tinsley,

Please stop sending us unsolicited submissions for cartoon to run in The New Yorker, as we have told you many times in the past your work does not meet The New Yorker's standards for publication. Please do not send us anymore.

Please.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Target is closing in Canada after a few years of failing to establish a niche with consumers.

Plucky lil' Walmart! :swoon:

Oh God, it's starting, yessssss :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Too long! If it can't fit on a fortune-cookie-sized slip of paper it's too complex!

Now I'm not one of those "Washington Insiders", I'm just a hardworking American like you folks, but I think we should run the economy like a household budget. Analogy about my parents teaching me the value of a dollar and maybe beating me a little too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Portals posted:

Muir is turning more and more into :mrapig: every day.

Still, it's nice to think that maybe, just maybe, FINALLY modern society is going to favor men (especially white men!) for a change. Finally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Top-Tier Kelly

Ahh jeez you drew the stinklines and everything.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

What's the skinny on Hillary anyway? I mean, she's hella better than any litebread the Republicans can put up, but is she the best the Democrats have?

Well based on one of the right-wing talking points from back in the 90s, she's already served two terms as President and they were pretty loving great.

That last part was NOT one of the right wing talking points.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jedit posted:

Not as hilarious as watching them realise they can't cry nepotism.

The Republican Party focuses on important issues anyway, like whether or not she'll be too distracted by her granddaughter to run the country. :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Duckbag posted:

most of the Democratic governors are either still fairly unknown (O'Malley) o

All I know about O'Malley is that he was the inspiration for Carcetti on The Wire, and that unfairly makes me terrified of ever seeing him become President.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

I love that conservative cartoonists are depicting Obama as Robin Hood. A story LOVABLE HERO that "stole" from the CORRUPT RICH to give to the needy.

Once again, conservatives are dense as gently caress.

It's almost as good as all the "Obama is Santa" we get at Christmas time.

"Hey, remember that guy Bin Laden we spent years telling you to be terrified of? Well Obama killed him! What a loser that Obama is, huh!?!"

I still cannot fathom how the hell they thought that was going to work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What about chances at a fulfilling life and/or relationship?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Because they used it to frame Obama as taking credit for other people's work. "It was actually these brave military folks that killed Obama, NOT Obama, he's trying to take the glory for himself! What an uppity egotistical tyrant!"

So they were saying to Obama,"You didn't build that"?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please keep doing these, they actually make this terrible comic palatable and fun :)

The common American voter is an unapologetic thug and rapist?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Look at that smug Colombia :smug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mister Beeg posted:

We were talking about Robin Hood a few pages ago...

I have to admit, if Alan Rickman were to stand for President on the Republican ticket, I'd probably vote for him.

Now true, neither of us are eligible to do either, but even so!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

For gently caress's sake, Rall, you drew two characters on the same level, but you can see the feet of one of them on the ground while the other cuts off at the ankles. How can you possibly be so terrible an artist?

I am there, and the other person is there, and then I put their body in my van, and I am the winner.

Edit: Alternatively:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 23, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Picnic Princess posted:

Obama just can't win.

Unless it's a Presidential campaign :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Has any sovereign citizen's carefully researched and laid out arguments ever ended in anything other than a judge just laughing in their face and putting them in jail?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shugojin posted:

There's the one Canadian judge who was inspired to do some research that resulted in a very long and detailed account of their insanity, if that counts.

I remember reading that, that was so loving great :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Great job on making the relegation of First Past the Post voting to the dustbin of history a mandatory condition of your coalition, Liberal Democrats :argh:

Still, Election Coverage of the last British Election was loving spectacular. At one point when they'd realized late into the night they weren't going to get a clear-cut winner, I remember one of the experts in near-desperation asking,"Can.... can the Queen do something about this? :ohdear:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pththya-lyi posted:

(it was her buying the Charger that forced the family into a trailer)

Just a reminder that they'd been living beyond their means for years at that point and Waifu had no idea because Zed had been deliberately hiding that information from her and insisting that everything was going fine. When the Charger broke the camel's back, he admitted they'd been on the verge of bankruptcy for years and he hadn't told her, and she apologized for HIS financial mismanagement exacerbated by his macho pride and stubborn refusal to admit fault. He then forgave her and she counted herself lucky to have such an understanding and tolerant husband.

This is not me putting a spin on events for a joke, these are the actual events as they transpired in Muir's own comic, as written by him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Franklin Dracula Roosevelt would still be the best US President :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

iirc he made $7.90/hour at the time

So he was paying his way through college, eh?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Slate Action posted:

It's gonna be really weird when Hilary wins and we go like 20 years without the President getting credit for anything good that happens.

Nah it'll just be like with their memories of the Clinton administration during the Obama years, you'll get Republicans complaining about Hillary refusing to work with them and pointing to all the great compromises they were able to come to with Obama (including taking credit for the Affordable Cart Act) and bemoaning that she refuses to build a solid working relationship with them like he did.

They will say this believing it 100% genuinely in their hearts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Seriously, her speech fell into Muirese word-salad territory after her teleprompter broke, and after the fact she brought up some other speech from 2004(?) where she claims the teleprompter broke (it didn't, as other people can still see the many,many prompters she was looking at and read her speech) as proof of....something. Also, Palin is an idiot.

I somehow missed all this, just watched it and it's incredible, has the Desperate Nominee Sideshow really started already? :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Waifu: I'm talking about your elderly father
Zed: I'm talking about your sister
Both: Let's make out!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh no, a small pittance is being taken out of my pay to help pay for the resources and infrastructure that supports the society that I live in! :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MacGowans Teeth posted:

I'm not sure I get this, unless it's Churchill's legacy crushing whichever people are represented holding the coffin (I only recognize Cameron). What's the modern UK's relationship with Churchill, anyway? From what I've read of him, it seems like he was kind of a dick, while also being kind of admirable, so I guess I don't know what to think.

From the cartoon, it seems to me to be showing how Churchill's legacy hides a darker truth - notice where the flag draped over the coffin has come loose to show scrawled into the coffin some of the things Churchill has been criticized for, or the fact the giant coffin blocks the view of the starving people, and how the former symbols of industrial strength and the working man (the cranes that famously bowed during Churchill's State funeral) have been replaced by skyscrapers, banks, and other financial institutions. The current day politicians seem to be staggering under the weight of Churchill's coffin, but it's also providing cover and protection for them by draping themselves in his reputation.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God, it's a groundhog? I thought it was supposed to be a bear and was trying to figure out if this was some bizarre "does a bear poo poo in the woods" joke. :dawkins101:

• Locked thread