Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Dr. Dos posted:

Kill the animals, and let's get some Lunk donations in again. It's been too long.

I agree with the latter half of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The early FPS block is unique this year in that there's no Doom at AGDQ at all apparently, so we're getting some neat stuff like Blood and Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. Blood is a cool game but I don't know anything about the speedrun; Jedi Knight on the other hand has a really cool speedrun, playing on hard difficulty speeds up the platform speeds and force speed just makes you move stupid fast instead of slowing down time like later star wars games. There's a lot of fun tricks that can be appreciated even if this is your first time hearing of the game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Hoooooweeee

Good stuff, Big.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Megafunk posted:

Heroes is way more broken than I thought, yowza.

I want to see the PC version they mentioned as being an earlier version of the game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

I don't know man, last AGDQ raised a million loving dollars. It's not a small-time fundraiser anymore. I think they're sort of obligated to reach a certain level of decorum and professionalism if they want to keep handling that kind of cash.

What if the fun spontaneity is what helped it raise so much money?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I don't care if your donation message is about how cancer slayed your entire family yesterday or if it's just ULTRAJMAN MOMMASLAPZ that you get the donation reader to accidentally say out loud, just give money to charity.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

I'm not looking forward to seeing that PS4, awful hat, twitch swag, and banners for the next few days. This AGDQ is boring and neutered. No personality. Nothing potentially offensive. No audience. Kind of disappointed. Still runs I am excited to see though.

The Yetee doesn't even have a Serious Time shirt. There's a cool Dracula one though.

Serious Time shirt not coming back is the best thing that could happen to nerd fashion. I love those shirts but having two dark-blue shirts with similar green designs on them is enough. Dracula shirt rules because of the fun design -and- it's a neat shade of orange.

Nerd shirts are too often video game reference on black/dark-blue, so this agdq shirt lineup is actually pretty decent in terms of giving you color choice.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That F-zero run actually got really cool when the last guy took the controller, he had some neato tricks. Also I'm interested to see how long it takes to setup Jedi Knight for stream because just getting the game to run normally takes some effort. :allears:

Seriously if you've never seen this game speedran it's a treat. Once they get force powers, all bets are off.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Battleblock Theater looks like a fun way to kill some time co-op with a pal, I will probably buy it thanks to AGDQ.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Cerebulon posted:

I usually buy a t-shirt or two each marathon but I wish the colour variety was a bit better. I like the Save/Kill The Animals design the best by far but it's black, and I like the Bomber's Code colour the best but never played Zelda growing up so it has no meaning to me at all and getting two black/near black t-shirts seems a bit much considering I just gave like 5 away since I had too many.

This is my situation every *GDQ. I've started getting shirts with references I don't even particularly care about just because it's not a black or dark-blue shirt.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Holy poo poo get on with the game already, how can Kid Chameleon take this time to get started

E: Also no surprise that BoI was a trainwreck again, it's really fun but it doesn't belong at AGDQ at all

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I see Werster and Sonic on stream but no black people and it's a goddamn tragedy

The planets can only align so many times.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

This game is weird. The main character is cute and cool but the game is so ugly and appalling. I don't think I like it :(

I agreed with your post until about midway through and then I disagreed with the rest. I hope you can let Mischief Makers into your heart.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I forgot about this, it was definitely the most awkward thing

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I really want to see these two guys do the samurai showdown minigame against each other, that'd be rad as hell.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

these guys are way too quiet

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

TETRIS THE ABSOLUTE THE GRAND MASTER 2 PLUS

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The entire room sympathized with the "dad who is never pleased enough" comparison :smith:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

They're over four hours behind. The last Awful game is The Last Ninja which is next.

What the hell happened to fall so far behind? Yesterday we were a bit behind from the PC woes setting up Morrowind and Necrodancer, and then that Isaac runner took his sweet time. What else went wrong?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm so happy that agdqMonitor is back

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Why are they not playing the video game quickly yet, everything looks and sounds okay. Play the video game quickly please.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Couch dudes suck but coolkid is cool. I wish they'd turn him up a little and the game audio down some.

Coolkid is a good runner but he has no hype at all, I'm sorry. Studio made HL2 way more interesting just by having charisma last year despite Half-Life being a way crazier run.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

New Concept Hole posted:

I mean, there isn't that much to talk about, but the couch isn't even making ambient noises.

But american flag guy!!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Bholder posted:

Did he mention that we are supposedly playing Barney in this game?

That's Blue Shift, this is Opposing Force. In this, we play Corporal Adrian Shephard.
e: Neither game is canon, at all.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I really love the idea of something as simple as crouching in an air funnel giving you unlimited flight, being discovered day 1, and valve being unable/unwilling to fix it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Where's the one dude who really wanted Werster and black people on the couch again because he got what he wanted.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Swan Curry posted:

Werster's knowledge of Pokemon is scary

If it makes you feel better, a lot of this stuff is initially discovered by a whole team of nerds, not just one really dedicated nerd.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Tracula posted:

Has that happened before? For some reason I can't recall missing a donation incentive in the past.

I can't remember a donation incentive not being met, the closest I can recall is last year the tracker went down during the Duke3D run and the runner was like "well it was really close, so they probably met the goal" and did the glitch exhibition anyways.

AGDQ2015 has shaken off a lot of its first-day woes but not hitting goals and potentially not outdoing 2014 isn't a good sign.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

CrashCat posted:

They also used to hype Pokémon stuff a lot more beforehand and I literally only heard the incentive mentioned that one time just before the run. It feels like they haven't really been pimping incentives nearly as aggressively in general.

Need more airtime for that Tiny Build commercial. What are those dudes actually contributing to AGDQ? Twitch, Yetee, Humble Bundle, and even Something Artistic at least have something to add, but it seems like these w9rld gaming and tiny build guys have their name on the stream overlay.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Cubey posted:

Yeah they provided a bunch of equipment for the practice areas.

Oh well that rules then, go those guys. I still don't really know who they are, but go them.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

DARPA Dad posted:

Ridley sounds like YSG

I laughed and felt bad

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

You better watch out! He knows about timed hits!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Did a large donation just happen? I wasn't at my computer but I saw some dudes in chat talking about one.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I feel bad if you have a reason to not stay up all night tonight watching a really fun game get torn apart

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That lady had a lot of junk in her trunk

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

How the hell am I gonna stay up five more hours. :negative: I don't have work but I'm so tired.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

asvodel posted:

Are they using the Japanese version in both these runs because it has certain glitches that were fixed in the NA version or something?

Most games with a lot of text are fast in Japanese because the text goes by faster in moon runes

e: that's just a general rule of thumb, I don't know if there's specific OOT reasons

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Cosmo :3:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah I don't know if that guy messed up his timestamp or what, but way later in that particular Wind Waker run a visibly agitated Cosmo asks Mirrored to please stop talking. That lasted for a little bit, but the dude really overshadowed Cosmo's commentary which he had been practicing on stream for like, a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

jerkstoresup posted:

I miss the cringey moments. What was the worst thing so far this year? That kid in the Portal race being really childish was the worst I've seen but I haven't been following every moment.

Maximum cringe so far has been a runner proposing to his gal on the couch. The runner-up (:rimshot:) would probably be someone donating during DS2 saying that beating cancer is easier than beating Dark Souls.

• Locked thread