Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Insanely Sikh posted:

• Who is Brek Shea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Pantsuit posted:

Hughes has said that Stoke don't intend to splash big in this window, so there probably much won't be much going on for me.

A little splash on sergi roberto to save him from spanish slavery and reunite him with his friends please

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Winding up the new york team supporters even more by signing Villa would be funny

Villa is a trashman clown, he was noticeably shitter than this idiot in the loving a league

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Koren

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Healbot posted:

German U19 talent Joshua Kimmich, a small defensive midfielder from Stuttgart currently on loan at RB Leipzig, will be heading to Bayern this summer.

For €7m. :psyduck: (at least that's what is being floated around in the media)

So bayern aren't just happy with buying any competition's best players, they are now buying anyone who might be their best player in the future too. What a healthy league!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

So they basically shouldn't be buying any players at all? Would you be happy with that?

You don't think there is something glaringly wrong with a league where one side has lost 3 games since july 2012?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

So, again, Bayern should just stop purchasing players altogether? Not exactly a viable solution if they plan on staying competitive in the Champions League.

It's not gonna happen overnight (although technically with clubs like Wolfsburg or RB Leipzig it could happen kinda quickly since they're sort of violating those ownership rules you mentioned but no one is doing anything against it), but a couple of years of solid work on and off the pitch could turn quite a few clubs into serious contenders because the potential is definitely there in terms of supporters and potential sponsors. It's just that absolutely no club other than Bayern seems to be able to do that. Just look at Bremen, Dortmund and Suttgart - they both won the league in the last 10 years and now it looks like they could all get relegated.

I wonder what the answer could be to why all those clubs are poo poo now and used to be good? Could it be housed in the link below?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-bayern-munchen/alletransfers/verein/27

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

They should be tbh

Totally unsurprised a german wants to ban humour

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Are we certain Ched Evans never raped a football?

Worse, he got raped by football!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAah0ME4bY

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I'm sure he will be quite rusty, but that's still a very good signing for a backup, especially if he's been training with the squad for a while. Most teams' second choice keepers are terrifying liabilities, atleast you can put Valdes in a goal and be reasonably confident he'll be okay.

I have no idea what you could have possibly seen in him from his time at barcelona that suggested he was competent

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

How in gently caress do City manage to get relatively good value when buying and selling players even though everyone knows they have unlimited oil money

Did I fall through a portal to crazy town, how is bony a 28m striker?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

He's scored 1 in 2 for a midtable club in the Premier League over the past two seasons, which means he already knows the league etc. I assume they're thinking that placed in an even better team, he'll score even more.

Obvious lol racism but he is a big strong forward who needs pacey players around him to open up his runs from what I have seen. I can't see him doing anything other than flop like Lukaku has done now he isn't a loan deal special.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Charlie Austin and Danny Ings are starting to crop up as well

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Wenger is never spending whats needed to sign him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy7lLQwToI

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

Why get Balotelli if you already have Llorente and Tevez?

To sell shirts, the games are fixed so you just put the most marketable side on the pitch

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

chuggo is BACK posted:

Reina's shorter than that but was agile enough that it didn't matter, is this aussie turd not very agile then

Mignolet is big and a "good shot stopper" and still sucks rear end, I'd take a keeper who could come off his line over him. Look at de Gea in December

The club brugge fans seem to be very excited about his form this season and he gets european football so I think he is decent. As a Socceroos fan I don't want somebody blighting themselves by enetering the rodgers system and getting ruined.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

I remember when Norwich signed an Australian keeper would anyone like to guess what his goals conceded per game advanced stat was?

5 in one half and never played again iirc, he is first choice at my a league club now and has found his level.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

Played 1 conceded 7. Didn't he change his name as well? I like to think it was out of shame.

He went from Theoklitos to Theo

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adnar posted:

Yeah.

We used to chant 'conceded 7 for Norwich' when he came back with his tail between his legs.

Pretty successful local career since though.

3 titles in 4 years and as soon as we lose him for a run of games we freefall to the bottom of the table

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's even funnier when Spurs think they can just buy their players in January. Biggest sideways move that is

I would quite like it if they replicated last summer's transfer window and manage to convince everyone the poo poo players in the squad are the good ones and flog them off and replace them with better replacements.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

At the very least Wenger has decided to keep playing Bellerin at RB instead of shoehorning Chambers in there. A proper CB is still needed because Chambers is by no means a replacement for Koscielny.

idk when I have watched chambers he is entirely able to be caught out of position then make a stupid challenge trying to fix the first mistake

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

J Hume posted:

Strengths: DZSiBoT, "hold up play", playing against Chelsea
Weaknesses: scoring, closing a bag of chips, balance
Notable quote: "Really LA Galaxy?"

Please help fill in the rest of the fact sheet.

Another notable quote is 'I can believe he ate the whole thing'

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

tbf getting pushed into the advertising hoardings by a stoke and dislocating your shoulder isn't the same as a soft tissue injury sustained while undertaking a brisk walk which is what usually happens

He would still be fit and healthy if he hadn't decided diving at a player to win a foul was a great idea while being a leightweight.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

By diving and being a light weight you mean going for a 50-50 ball, getting there first, then being petulantly pushed by Arnautovic because it ended up a goal kick? But when you have a team of rugby players I guess that's not a concern.

He dived at another player the way a lot of attackers do when they overkick a ball and gently caress it up, he just tryed to dive into a player who was strong enough not to get bowled over. Because he chose to leave his feet before contact was made he couldn't slow himself or mitigate the contact he decided to initiate and his momentum from running and diving made him fly much further than he would have had he tried a simple shoulder to shoulder clash like any normal footballer would. Also arsenal paved the edge of the pitch and made a hilarious deathtrap not unlinke the massive drops at the sides of old trafford.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

ephex posted:

the autism is strong in this one

Do you know if the transfer from FC Nurnberg to Spurs of Jeuden Raus is still on?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

It's the easiest national team in the world to get caps for if your agent is willing to pay for them.

Reminder that the worst fullback of all time, andre santos, has caps for brazil

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

Pardew really does love Shola, he's agreed a contract with Crystal Palace who offered him more money than West Brom. Not quite a done deal though

Tony Pulis and Alan Pardew fighting over shola ameobi, what a wonderful january

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Bovril Delight posted:

Hope it goes right to the wire with an in home interview where Shola announces his decision live to millions thousands 10 people

He will only do the interview on BT sport's hit show fletch and sav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

He's great in his first six months at any club and then goes to poo poo.

He is always great while negotiating a new deal

• Locked thread