Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

What the gently caress is going on with those pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sorry somebody mentioned Sleepwalker so I materialized into this thread to just note that Sleepwalker was great.

Even if it did lead to (wonderfully) contrived set-ups like this:

From Infinity Crusade issues 3 & 4.

I love Sleepwalker :allears:

He roofied... himself? Ish?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Venom teams up with...

C.O.B.R.A.

E: :synpa:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Funny accents and nobody's posted The Filth yet?

Does she have a penis collar? What the hell is that?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Why is his pubic hair a seashell?

Check out this guy, he doesn't know how to use the three seashells

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Swap.avi was the pinnacle of the poo poo lesbians genre

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Why are all these martial artist mammals using guns?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Last panel looks like Archer with longer hair on the sides

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

MikeJF posted:

I didn't know about this and just googled it. Holy crap, that story's insane. How the hell could Marvel make him EIC, he literally worked for them under a false identity and as his real self at the same time to get around ethics policies. :psyduck:

Sounds like a secret alter-ego to me. For a man so boldly embodying a core superhero trait, it's amazing they don't promote him higher

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

So the secret to time travel is freaky frog sex, check

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Knormal posted:

I'm not familiar with this guy. What does he think the average wizard looks like?

I'll have you know that the Fly spell is an integral part of any good arcane spellcaster's repetoire, not just wizards

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The hell do you live that tomato soup cans have poptops?

America?

https://www.campbells.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2016/04/0011-7_RW_Tomato_10oz-e1459787519295.png

Edit: I'm not that dude who thought it was tomato soup (it's loving Wolverine, man, what the hell do you think that can's gonna be?), but like all my soups at this point have poptops. poo poo's just convenient

mercenarynuker fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 5, 2018

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

A Strange Aeon posted:

The best part is reading each day's featured comment--jesus christ:

"It’s interesting what a radical departure they’ve gone for, both graphically and tonally.

Visually, Jaimes’ NANCY seems to be a somewhat looser version of Bushmiller’s world, and in terms of the writing, we’re back to the short, minimalist dialogue that Gilchrist originally replicated before developing the comic into a surprisingly personal vehicle for his own observations and interests.

Whether you were a fan of Gilchrists’ take or not, to go from a sentimental, visually lush continuity to a series of dry, waspish gags drawn in a minimalist aesthetic is quite a jolt. Because Gilchrist had fleshed out the characters with backstories colored by an overarching sweetness, this is a much more aggressive reset than Mark Lasky to Jerry Scott, or even from Scott to early Gilchrist. It’ll be interesting to see how many readers who came to love Gilchrist’s NANCY will remain on board for this new incarnation."

I own several volumes of classic Nancy and even I find it insufferable to have this much to say about Nancy.

The April 28th comic must really speak to you

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Moldovan sax dude from Eurovision better. Have Zoe Saldana as Gamora as the singer for max WTF. Needs spinning violinist though

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Walla walla dalla ball, y'all

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Where does Conan stand on Professor Xavier

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Do Wolverines lose claws as a side-effect of the cloning process? We seem to have a steady, downward trend in that regard

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Actually Cretacious [sic] Sam, I think you'll find that a Nightcrawler is actually a type of worm, furthermore

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Slow down there Bill Cosby, this is the DC Dictionary, not the Huxtable Horror Show

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Sexual Lorax posted:

Anyone familiar with the plumbing glowing as well as the bell on F9 2nd stage engine? One of the cameras is seeing some very hot pipes, but commentators are all nominal-nominal-nominal about it.

Edit: That's what I get for paying more attention to the launch video than which thread I'm in. Disregard. :)

Is that toast I smell?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Get your story straight fellas, which is it?

It's both, you see. A pristine print of Goofusov and Gallantski to educate the Soviet youth

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Exit Strategy posted:

I wonder if, in the universe of Marvel comics, the ATF could bust Bushwhacker and Random for not having their Type 06/07 FFLs, given that they are definitely in the business of manufacturing firearms.

Johnny Storm makes fire arms all the time, and no one gives him grief about it

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Wrap it up, Britishailures, we're even better than you at your own dialect

From your news service, even

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Got a request for the panels where Thor is mistaken for Spider-man at a construction job I think. Tried all the Google permutations I could think of and got zero hits

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Thanks! Knew I could count on the Funny Panels thread to have my back

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Man, in those Deadpool panels, F4 should really redesign the roof of their building. Looks kinda close to a swastika from the depending on the view

Actually, someone could probably do an essay or commentary about how to the people toiling below these beings with incredible powers, they see only symbols of their supposed virtue. But as soon as you're able to take a birds-eye view, to be on their level, suddenly the corruption and repression of the common person becomes evident

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

The flow of panels in that post makes it seem like fahzhits VAMPYAH gorilla COUND Julius led to Zangieff bear wrestling again. Looking over what I just typed, it looks like I'm having a stroke

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

Let's learn about the history of ZIP CODES! Doeasn't that just sound great, kids?!

This might have been a joke post, but I actually found it kind of interesting

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Man, I thought the joke at first was that she was essentially naked

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I can hear the smooth jazz in my head

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

That is the worst looking Race Bannon I have ever seen

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Iron Nipples with Iron Holes so he can Iron Lactate on micro-seconds by activating the Iron Polarization Field

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Super-Villain Team-Up #6 (1976)

Please tell me the supervillains who team up are Doom and Nixon/Kissinger

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

What the gently caress

Explains why you never put 2 and 2 together to figure out Krypto's secret identity, doesn't it?

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Reed loving Richards...

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Strange Tales #83 (1961)

Moral of the story: don't read books

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Elfface posted:

So why is Rogue a lighthouse? Did she absorb the powers of Krakoa or something, and decide the hubrid of a mutant-human and a mutant-island is a mutant-building?

I assumed it was a joke about the Annihilation movie

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

Did someone say Cat Thor?

I always smile seeing this, because it 100% captures the feel of the absolutely petty-rear end bullshit my brother and I would do to each other growing up to piss each other off

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

He's just carrying a printer to a girl's house, no different than any goon would have done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Mystery Men Comics #13 (1940)
The big spaces around the Lynx's name make me think it was a last-minute decision on what to call him.

Ok, so he has a wildcat nickname, but fights nearly naked, has wings (???), can fly, as can his totally normal (???) sidekick, and is red colorschemed, despite lynxes not being that color. What the hell. And it's so wordy and explainative! Pretty clear why this one didn't make it to the silver age