Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Red Bones posted:

Just think, if that entrance exam had gone differently we might be looking at Hitlers in European art galleries, oohing and aahing over the artful use of light and space, and then looking him up on wikipedia and getting very disappointed when we reached the 'personal life' section. Like Degas. And instead, the third reich would have been lead by, oh, I don't know, an architecture school dropout Le Corbusier.

I think it's weird how people still believe that becoming dictator and committing genocide was Hitler's plan b in case art school didn't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Batman/Spawn: War Devil (1994)

The World's Greatest Detective posted:

That pentagram painted in blood in your office sure does look suspicious

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

darthbob88 posted:

Not so far. He's "just" a queer runaway who got his start as Captain America when he decided to investigate what Roxxon was doing with some other unhoused people.

Aaron Fischer the Railway Cap
The Cap of the Railway Train

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

[Foom foom foom]

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I assume it's not a kiss on the mouth but like a matronly kiss like your mother would do.

(We Can Fix It)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Gotham has a certain style of architect.

In fact it only has the one.

The original city plan was something along the lines of "as if hell burst through the pavement and grew".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's a valid point. Given that you have like ten people in New York alone who can rip the fabric of reality apart, how would you know if you were insane in the MU?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Exiles #84 (2006)

I still honestly don't see why people have funerals in the MU (or DCU for that matter), even before Dawn of X death was at worst a minor annoyance for anyone.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

How would you even know that you were killing the real Nick Fury.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ragle Gumm posted:

Check out

(originally posted in Q&A).

I liked how she carefully ripped her fishnet stockings to get the precise wholes she wanted and how she carefully picked the goofiest skull she could find to make jewelry out of.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Doesn't that mean Reed turns evil and joins the council of Reeds?

Turns evil?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Wolverine #-1 (1997)

Where's my Stan Lee cameo, Norrington?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

From BPRD: Plague of Frogs:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sometimes guards just hang out together.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BooDooBoo posted:

It didn't hurt them when Thatcher took power though, a lot of British Sci-fi took exception to that monster.

V For Vendetta for example was explicitly made as a response to Thatcher's politics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Fantastic Four #98 (1970)

The women looks so bored.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Batman / Lobo (2000)

Grumpy Cat / Garfield #2 (2017)

Why?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog #155 (2005)

Ha..ha?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

That doesn't look like a grenade.
Look, Iceman really tried to teach them math.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

NorgLyle posted:

One of my favorite parts about early X-Factor was that, in order for their clever ruse of being mutant hunters to work, they (editorial, not the characters) needed Beast to not be blue and furry so they came up with a random cure for his blueness and furitude that, for some reason, also made him really really dumb. And everyone else on the team acts like this is just normal Hank stuff despite him being for all intents and purposes a completely new character and different person than any of them had ever known before.

That is a totally fair assumption though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

davidspackage posted:

In the original script, it was Thomas Edison, and he didn't freeze the elephant...

He made it stop moving.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I feel like Artemis would respect that, like "yeah my man, it's balanced for my preference but you're a hunter, you have to trust your tools"
DC Artemis is not really into "respecting human opinions".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Splint Chesthair posted:

I guess the only way to fight edgy meathead bullshit is with more edgy meathead bullshit.

At least Frank hitting Wolverine in the groin with a baseball bat is more fun than Wolverine calling Frank gay.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

Um... His business card clearly says "Wizard".

And all wizards are cranky old men.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Black Cat's legs are longer than her upper body.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kalli posted:

Everybody knows a time traveling Abraham Lincoln killed Hitler who had his head put onto a robot after the first 750 times he was killed

Tales From the Bully Pulpit

Abraham Lincoln was actually pretty successful wrestler before he became president, so this tracks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

Holy poo poo, Cap better change his name to Human Torch because he was buuuuuuuuuurned!

In the Marvel continuity Captain America punched out Hitler, Frank's line isn't as devastating as he thinks it is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I like that Sabretooth's main goals as a super villain isn't to take over the world or get rich. What he aims for is simply making Wolverine's life as miserable as possible.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

No, it's pretty bad. Doomsday was made with no backstory or anything in mind. Just appear, be established to be unstoppable by anyone else, kill Superman in a double KO battle, and then be shot into space so no one else had to deal with him.

Well, the plot was made by a committee in order to stall time so the marriage with Superman and Lois Lane could coincide with marriage episode of the tv show. So it's a wonder that it's comprehensible.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Thorgal - The Guardian of the Keys

Notice the shape of the cave.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

This doesn’t answer anything!

Welcome to the X-Men!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Seems kinda like a waste to spend all that money on making your mask bulletproof and yet cover so little of your face.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

The Punisher: War Zone #21 (1993)

That looks like an uncomfortable position, even without firing a gun.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skeletor.

Darthemed posted:

Punisher War Journal #2 (2007)

I'm a little unsure how WWII played out in the MU. What was the eastern front like?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/TakeThatDarwin/status/1718458427502981321

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SimonChris posted:

Someone in the comments pointed out that it was illegal for Americans to own most gold at the time, so this makes perfect sense. The gold would have been near impossible to sell, so using it as an indirect means to get cash is a sensible strategy.

You know another thing that was illegal at the time? Robbing banks!