Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Before this moment, I never knew that I wanted Danny DeVito to play Metamorpho, but there it is.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

^^^
It really seems like Gillen is building out an evil version of the good guys' party, doesn't it?

Triple-Zero is an Imperial-built protocol droid which has some glitchy programming and non-standard hardware like electrocution plates in its hands. BT-1 is an assassin droid built to look like an astromech and basically has War Machine's weapons loadout.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I seem to remember that one. Didn't it need to drink blood to feed its babies or something?

EDIT: I'm thinking of probably yet another weird "looks like an object but isn't" D&D monster.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 14, 2015

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Wonder Twin powers include eating CDs

They can turn into my last car's stereo system?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

zoux posted:

So, where's Bruce Wayne?

"Dead," aka not dead at all.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I thought the personality shift came when he crawled under the console to get his ring, got spooked by a rat under there, and cracked his skull on the underside of the console.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

^ It was re-rated down from a GP, which was the equivalent of a PG when it came out.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Love Story was rated R?

It's been a pretty solid PG (or PG equivalent) ever since it came out. Gwen's clearly high as gently caress.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Huh, I don't think I'd ever seen the stuff outside the trade before. Did they expound on Owlwoman at all? She's obviously a Nite Owl reference with that costume but I can't imagine they'd go into any detail on that.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Kalli posted:

Also there's kissing.

You're drat right there's a brain-transplanted robot kissing a pseudo-French Marxist revolutionary gorilla.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Squizzle posted:

And Michelangelo would become a more effective party dude—maybe a bunch of extra dicks?

I heard that motherfucker had, like, thirty goddamn dicks.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Meanwhile Bruce mains Genji all loving day.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

NorgLyle posted:

As a young (and it should probably be noted: super white) comic reader, it never even occurred to me that Asp' s coloration was anything other than a part of her powers. Yikes.

I mean there are green people and purple people, so why not slate gray?

It's not just you, I always thought she was gray because she was Atlantean or something.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

He was pretty "with it" at the time.

I can't tell which possibility is better for that dude in the lower right: that he's like some weird British Jimmy Olsen lookalike, or that Jimmy went over there and just decided "gently caress it, I'm doing this whole weird personality based on what TV has taught me about the English".

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It makes literally no sense.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

McCloud posted:

I'm pretty sure this is wrong, but there might be a few issues I missed somewhere

It is wrong. The Thomas Wayne in question is the Batman from the Flashpoint alternate universe, who recently showed up for part of an issue.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Anyone else start hearing Careless Whisper in their head? Just me?

I just keep hearing DRAX-O-MO-PHONE... DRAX-O-MO-PHOOONE...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Makings Letterkenny's references in the Funnys panels thread is whats I appreciates about you Phy

Just go easy over there, bunnyofdoom.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a Mister Softee ice cream truck.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I know it's not the reason for sharing, but the blocking of that scene is bothering me. Is Joker trying to stanch the bleeding on a throat wound?

Yes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Blarghalt posted:

Angel Catbird

A (formerly) trusted friend who worked at a comic book store recommended this book for my daughter as a Christmas present. Because I trusted this person, I bought the book and gave it to the 13 year old child. The child flipped through it, made a face, and never touched it again. Later that night I tried to read it and realized I had wronged the child greatly.

We do not speak to this person any longer. Angel Catbird isn’t the reason why, but the recommendation is definitely a symptom of some of the problems with that person

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Phylodox posted:

To this day I can still hear Nanny shouting “Oil’ll gettit!!!”

Oh gently caress. It wasn’t in my head before but drat you.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

Isn't he also canonically the second-strongest Marvel hero, second only to Hulk? Can bench-press 80 tons, if I recall my old 80s Marvel Who's Who comics. ISTR Cap, at the time, being a 'peak human performance' who could bench a whopping 650 pounds.

He’s not even close, just off the top of my head Colossus, Ben Grimm, and Captain Marvel have him beat by a mile. Spidey is more around the ten ton mark IIRC.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Dunno what this is but looks like Berni Wrightson.

I mean the art looks like it was drawn by Berni Wrightson, not that the dude looks like Berni Wrightson.

It's 100% by Bernie Wrightson, that's from the comics adaptation of Creepshow.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Toshimo posted:

his gooey rock center leaked out

Wait... is Ben Grimm a Gusher?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

Gave everyone in nyc his level of intelligence. The nypd promptly built a rocketship and hosed off to space.

This alone makes Tony history's greatest hero.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Is it bring your kids to work day, or were all of the employees de-aged in some sort of evil scheme?

It’s prt of a series looking at the earlier days of some of the main Daily Planet crew. This one is set something like twenty years before the “now” - that little girl is of course Lois Lane.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Ariong posted:

Why does he say "Mars, the god of war!" in the middle of his otherwise perfectly cogent sentence?

She's dressed as Mars, the God of War, and has won the Miss Daily Planet award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

SimonChris posted:

Crossposted from the PYF Comics thread:

I forget which Christmas it was but a friend who worked at a comic store recommended this as a gift for my kid and I got it after briefly flipping through it and taking my trusted friend at her word. The kid would have been maybe twelve years old at the oldest. I ended up flipping through it after the kid opened it and discovering just how hosed my friend’s judgement is. The book got hidden away so the child would forget about it and I don’t really speak to the friend any more for other reasons. Nothing of value has been lost.