Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Being able to sub during BO3 has made OGN quite a bit more interesting to me, although we haven't seen any teams with rosters who can really take advantage of it so far or need to. Other than the weird SKT pocket pick where they get way too confident and then bench the mid for no reason. That has been very next level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TSM would probably beat C9 if it weren't for the Illuminati but esports is hosed up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Has Bjerg been playing Nidalee? During last season TSM basically had two bans because Dyrus couldn't play her. That seems like a weird ban by C9 to me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dyrus had a really good game when you consider how rough a start he had to the game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

During I think IEM Cologne Gamsu played the best competitive Gnar game I think I've seen so far, so I am still curious about watching new Dig because he might actually be pretty good. CoreJJ doesn't seem like he's going to be anything special though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This game is way more boring than it seemed like it would be at champ select. Teamfight comps? Farm or w/e.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alcatrash posted:

Is the coach of Winterfox seriously the Velocity guy?

They said that's just the team owner, apparently they have a Korean coach who couldn't be there this week.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kiwikid is loving everywhere this game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There's really nothing redeeming about this Dig squad. In the past there was at least Scarra and qtpie to root for, but now its just a really whatever bottom of the league team.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am pretty hyped up for Winterfox here. They ended last split on a massive winning streak and I think Altec is really overlooked as a top ADC.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

GreyPowerVan posted:

Flaresz is a sub right? Who is winterfox main top laner? Also, who is going to pick up Flaresz? He has a nice name and he looked better than some other tops right now.

Their top is Helios "brother," I guess the duo queued constantly.

It's so weird to me how Lissandra has been no pick or ban so far today. Also that Xerath was picked into a Leblanc.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I'm continually surprised at how rare Caitlyn is in the pro meta. She's pretty much everything you want in a pro-level ADC pick.

One of the most overbearing champions in the game to lane against and yet still has a fantastic end-game. One of the best tower siege in the game. One of the safest all around. I don't know. Why is it so rare?

UZI crushing on Caitlyn in worlds was just oppressive, but it seems like he's the only person who plays her.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Previous Jesus posted:

Did Cloud 9 really say they moved to Nor Cal because having to fly to LCS makes them take it more seriously? :psyduck:

Nobody gives a gently caress about anything they can drive to so this makes perfect sense.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

I dont think Sion is some OP must pick in top, but he is certainly viable and brings some cool things to the table. Duke had back to back really good Sion games in preseason IIRC.

Duke may have been the only one who played a good Sion so far, and Ssumday this week.

Duke is the best top laner to watch in all of pro league. I mean the dude has been playing top lane Morgana.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Undefeated Gnarvan for IM, but Jin Air has a pretty decent comp and Ganked by Mom got Kassadin. I think Jin Air ends the Gnarvan streak.

edit: lmao, this prediction

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 28, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

The Jungle buddy system needs to die. I don't care what kind of meta-game changes need to happen to make it real.

I hate lane swapping because I also hate the jungle buddy system, but I can't imagine what could stop it. Now that some teams don't value the dragon at all there's even less concern about having their bot lane in top too, so :I

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This is like an LPL game, it's a bloodbath

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Savage Cracker posted:

Kikis 2nd most gold on the team :stare:

I remember during IEM one of the commenters mentioned that Kikis plays extremely selfishly and that can hurt UoL. I mean it obviously turned out well this game though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Marin Karin posted:

banning LeBlanc over the 100% winrate Rek'Sai. :smugjones:

Rek'Sai doesn't have a 100% winrate thanks to c9 :haw:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Why would they ruin this announce team with Ocelote? :psyduck:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I never get this mindset. "Someone got caught out now it's a 4v5 we better engage."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

EU LCS is like Jacob's Ladder

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

Why's Lulu coming back?

I think this is a protect the Tristana comp. Lulu is still good for shield comps.

Aumanor posted:

Avalon really doesn't look like he's LCS material, does he?

Sort of hard to tell, TSM spent a lot of resources on trying to keep him down and tilt him. He's no Dyrus though, that's for sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

On the one hand they have Gnarvan, on the other hand they're Dig.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How Rude posted:

prediction: crumbzz just places wards everywhere, doesn't gank anything, then dies in every teamfight while doing nothing or getting caught out.

Putting him on junglers that should be ganking seems really dumb. Stick him on Nunu or something.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gamsu seems fine but this Dig team is just not good. There's no synergy, Crumbzz is possibly the worst jungler in NA, Kiwi and CoreJJ both seem subpar, and Shiphtur is passive to the point of being a huge detriment in almost every game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Like what is Dig going to do to win games? They don't have a carry, they don't have any synergy, they don't have deep champion pools or weird pocket picks, they don't make good map movements. So I guess you just hope the other team throws? Dig got a significantly better pick ban here and got annihilated.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think Sheep and Mash are probably the worst support and ADC. Slooshi is probably the worst mid?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

I can't wait for Xpecial's vlog.

I can't wait for people to try and argue that somehow Keith McBrief would have changed the outcome of the past two games. Perhaps with magic, it's hard to say.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I love that they just played an interview where Impact explains how cheap cola is from Costco.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It's kind of nuts because Crumbzz was probably the #2 jungler in NA for the first half of last split and now he's quitting and possibly was the worst jungler in all of LCS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dig magic will prevent them from being relegated, because if they were to be relegated the suffering and stupidity would be over, and that's just not going to happen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

peke's new team made it into CS, to the surprise of absolutely no one

https://twitter.com/xPekeLoL/status/563065650625904641

soaz played morgana top because he's a loving dude

Morgana top is becoming a thing in OGN. A flex pick that can go in any lane is really good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Faker is amazing but honestly Easyhoon is nearly as good right now. Dude is really underrated it seems like.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anti-magic posted:

The cat ears are certainly making Gorilla play his rear end off.

GorillA has such an amazing pocket pick Alistar and I am sad we haven't seen it yet this season.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Is Reignover the best Korean import? His English is really good and his play has been fantastic. He's also one of the only worthwhile Rengar players in the West (the only one? Does Impaler count?)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

This game is boring as gently caress.

Even Deficio is exasperated.

This is what you get for watching EU LCS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I miss when UoL bust out pocket picks. This is a generic LCS lineup that could be played by basically any team. Blah.

edit: Didn't Freeze pick Draven before and he was totally ineffectual? Someone did, I feel like it was him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Freeze is very famous for his Draven play (and recently Kalista). He prefers those to almost anything else so he is unique in that (like old pro players) he has a strong preferred signature champions; but he rarely focuses on meta picks and it makes his team much easier to predict in drafts.

It sucks for the team but it's nice to see off meta stuff so I think it's kind of cool. At least his signature champ isn't Corki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The all-star matchup of reckles versus forgivenger. Of course it will probably be a lane swap and they'll never battle :I

• Locked thread