Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

everythingWasBees posted:

So are ritual summons pretty much forgotten without much support? How are gishki cards, and even though only some ritual monsters have the "Cannot be special summoned by..." bit on it, is it implied that that no ritual card can be special summoned by other ways?

Let me introduce you to a little archetype called Nekroz, currently the best deck on the format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Odd that Japan is getting them first given how popular Dragons of Legend was.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of the Knights:

quote:

Legendary Knight Critias
Level 8 LIGHT Warrior-Type Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1800
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by “Legend of Heart” and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card; banish that target.
(2) When this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Trap Card in your Graveyard; Set it to your side of the field. It can be activated during the turn it is Set.
Lengendary Knight Hermos
Level 8 LIGHT Warrior-Type Special Summon Effect Monster
ATK 2800
DEF 1800
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by “Legend of Heart”, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish that target.
(2) Once per turn, when this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard; until your next End Phase, this card’s name becomes that same as that monster’s, and gains the same effects.

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Timaeus got the short end of the stick

I'm seriously considering building a Legendary Knight deck.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

That Blue-Eyes redesign is horrendous and the Dark Magician has child bearing hips now it seems. I'm kind of hoping they're just straight up new versions of the monsters, but they're probably saving that for the actual movie.

The Magician uses the design Takahashi did for the 10th anniversary artbook

He also did a redesign for the DMG but that one did became a different monster, Magi Magi Girl.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 17, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'd suggest Synchrons, Monarchs, Gladiator Beasts and Heroes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Critias and Hermos, here I go :swoon:

Assuming is real and not a pretty convincent fake of course :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
No idea how trustworthy this page is but it has what it seems are the Arc-V designs for Crow and Jack

Rude, we're quite strong under this banlist you know.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slur posted:

I've never lost to Noble Knights, once, in any format.

EDIT: In fact, if you're willing to download YGOPro, I'll duel you.

Beef Waifu posted:

Couldn't even beat my Blue-Eyes deck let alone my competitive Yosenju one.

It doesn't surprise me, there are few truly skilled NK players out there. Most of them still think that the deck is king or bust and that is an incredibly weak setup. As NK player you want to have the bigger amount of knights equipped with different arms on the field possible, thus when one finally falls it will only strengthen the others.

The kings are best used to push for game with Merlin's effect, last resort or in King Artorigus' case to control the opponent's backrow.

Yosenju are a tricky matchup, that much is true though.

I'd love to play against you guys but I'm at work now. How does tonight sound?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slur posted:

Ballin'. PM me when you're ready.

poo poo, I don't have PMs

Works for you if I post on the thread when I'm ready?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Beef Waifu posted:

It's over.

poo poo, I finally could install YGOPro and set my deck.

Stupid job :argh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

And there you have it. gently caress Zexal.

I'm updating Percy right now, and then I'll touch up my NKs even though I'm not the best with them.

If I may give some suggestions:

-A Trapless build is ideal

-If you want to run traps, the most useful is Solemn Scolding and going on the current meta, Imperial Iron Wall is worth looking.

-Parallel Twister is another great tech

-Check an Unexpected Guy, it allows for good opening plays.

-Don't understimate Table

-Three Brothers are kind of a must these days.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Looks pretty drat solid.

Although I'm not fully sold on the Kaiser on the side, A Monarch Stormforth and you're boned (plus isn't that useful against Nekroz).

You're also lacking on effect negation, Breakthrough and Chalice are great options

My deck is pretty similar in fact

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Kaiser is to side against more non-standard decks such as Madolche, also surprisingly helpful versus Burning Abyss, Shaddols and Qli. Not as good as good old vanity but... well I don't have that anymore. Nekroz... I've not really fought so I don't know how to fight it.

The biggest Nekroz threat is Trishula since Excaliburn is useless against it, you have few options to deal wit it: you either play without hand/graveyard so its effect can't be applied, you run effect negation or you block removal entirely

BA biggest threat were the fuckton of traps they used to run but nowadays they are more aggro and don't run that many traps, evening the odds. In the end is more a battle of attrition with them.

Shaddoll are by far the easiest match we have against high tier decks

Qli aren't that overwhelming under the new banlist so as along you keep Gallatin on the field you will be fine.

Ritual Beasts are a potential threat but they rely on removing, so Imperial is your best shot

Yosenju are a MASSIVE pain in the rear end if they set their board before us, otherwise, they have plenty of issues to past a full NK board.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Quirkk posted:

I just downloaded Devpro a few days ago after getting into Arc-V. This is the first time I've played since around when Elemental Heroes came out and I haven't watched the anime since GX season 2 so I've had a lot to catch up on. Building any sort of deck with Xyz is still confusing me. Haven't even touched Pendulum yet. I was playing a game earlier where I had Necrovalley out and my opponent played their own field spell which didn't destroy Necrovalley and I thought it was bugging out at first. When did they change how field spells work? And have there been any other changes like that? I'm just surprised that they made a change to the base rules like that.

Since past year's July.

The other notorious change is that the starting player can't draw on their first turn.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, huh, anyone wants to play on ygopro?

I tried some random duels and I'm stuck with a shaddoll player being incredibly salty about my NK...for some reason.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I'm heading to bed right now and haven't yet put together a deck, but would you be up for some tomorrow evening?

Sure

Senerio posted:

I'll play. Testing out my new deck. Pass will be void.

Uh, I don't see you anywhere.

Gonna host on the USA server, nickname is the same and password is SA

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Senerio posted:

They're so adorable your opponent refuses to fight them.
This is a thing I found from last year so it's really out of date, but it has the basic idea
http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=100046
The Ghostricks support the Madolche for plays. Get out Alucard and all the Madolche stuff and :3: your opponent to death.

Thanks for the duels!

Sorry about the lag, my connection isn't exactly the best.

Infernoids are indeed an interesting deck, I need to think on how face them. UA's are also fun and is very interesting to see how different the two TCG warrior archetypes work.

As you could imagine, to play NK you need to be able to plan on the fly. Although that means turns tend to be a bit long :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

I don't think Noden's ever coming to the TCG.

I've seen people saying that there are copyright issues with the Lovecraftian gods here in America but no idea if that is true.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly, Ruri and Rin designs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I ordered a bunch of monarchs. Unsure if I'll regret doing so. Nothing wrong with Monarchs, right? They're an alright investment? :ohdear:

They're solid but the support will really push them into broken levels (the vassals) won't be released on the TCG for at least a year.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Earlier today played a great match against a Heraldic player. Guy was also a great sport, I mean wiping my field just so the following turn I recovered couldn't been easy to digest.

Most people thinks that Medraut is the heart of the NK but he shares the spot with Borz and Brothers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

I much prefer Bro/Borz/Drystan to Medraut King plays.

+2 Every turn all day, helped by Round Table.

Hell yeah! :hfive:

I just LOVE the way NK are designed, on their own while powerful arent that special but together are a force to be reckoned with.

Say, would you be interested on the replay files? Im sure another Noble player would find those duels interesting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

Sure, it'd be interesting to see. King play is still something you should do, but it's not all you should do, but I do keep Kaiser Colloseum in the board just because "My boss monster is in fact bigger than yours"

Here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nkex7p6priciu7d/heraldic.yrp

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhc12w186uclnbx/heraldic_2.yrp

Goddamn, that second duel :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Onmi posted:

First duel thoughts

You're really lucky he didn't think to Attack into Borz who... Actually I'm not sure on the chain logic of "survived destruction, LOST Destiny, re-equipped destiny' I think you could have survived without it, but the main thing is you show something many people who fail with the deck don't show

Restraint.

You had a ROTA in hand all game even though it could have thinned the deck but one or you could have gone all in on Brothers or some such, you didn't drain yourself.

Duel 2: So much sitting on Brothers, surviving on 100 LP, hitting for perfect LP damage.

very nicely done and you made good use of Bedwyr, I probably would have messer that up.

That said, wasn't the best Heraldic deck i've seen.

I try to plan in advance with my knights so that's why I tend to keep some plays in reserve so to speak (sometimes has come to bite me the rear end though) That ROTA was my backup plan in case that I got my field wiped, search Medraut and then summon the knight best fitted to recover.

The second duel was slightly easier since I could build my field on the first turn, Table really puts a lot of work when played properly. Without it, I would've been boned.

I'm not that familiar with Heraldic but I thought that was a decent deck, and the final turn was hype as hell.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/diamondisnotclash/

As a loyal Gem-Knight duelist, I have to say I'm quite excited by Gem-Knight Lady Brilliant Diamond. She's disgustingly good and can potentially get up to 12400 damage on a clear field with the right set up. I love it. :swoon:

And as a loyal Spellcaster duelist, more Entermage Trick Clown makes me happy. I hope Entermages get tons and tons of cards and Dennis makes a ton of appearances in the anime, I really do.

There's also this

Comic Hand
[Equip Spell Card]
Equip only to an opponent’s monster while you control “Toon World”.
(1) Gain control of the equipped monster.
(2) It is treated as a Toon Monster, and can attack your opponent directly if they do not control a Toon Monster.
(3) If there is no face-up “Toon World”, destroy this card.

“Comic Hand” lets you seize control of your opponent’s strongest monster, and instantly turn the Duel around!! Also, the later introduced “Toon Kingdom” serves as extremely potent Toon support with its effect, but it’s also a Field Spell whose effect treats its name as Toon World! It becomes super easy to break out a combo that drops more and more “Toons” onto the field!

Toons might be finally playable :swoon:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aw poo poo

I want to get in but I'm outside home until Friday and I don't wanna drop High Laundsallyn from my deck to get into the XYZ faction.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

start with these guys (actually dragon horn hunter is a girl and jesus that description) and build outwards

I want a reptier meta

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kay Kessler posted:

There's no way the zefras aren't all going to be secret rares and cost like 30 bucks apiece, though. Look what happened with the Qlis and the Nekroz.

I can't wait to see what is the next card to be 150 bucks the piece :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Worm, Alien, Gradius...it really was a stream to behold.

I still say you should've kept playing, the next duel was surely Ice Barriers or Ally of Justice.

Wait a loving second

What variant was? Gol'gar control? It used A-counters?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Indeed Crop Circles is meant to use on brainwashed monsters, not your own. If anything the combo would worked better with Offerings to the Snake Deity or A-Cell Scatter Burst but even then is a pretty subpar play.

Aliens aren't a meta deck but are incredibly fun as long you know what are you doing.

On slower formats an abduction variant was tons of fun but very unreliable, the most viable variant is Gol'gar control. Using its effect to get plus by recycling traps and spells. It's been a while since I used my alien deck but the most popular options back then were Fiendish, Swords of Revealing Light and Safe Zone, I liked to mix things up using floodgates like Mask of Restriction, Anti-Spell Fragrance and Grave of the Super Ancient Organism but the deck lacked a reliable way to deal with XYZ.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More than another tuner, what the Aliens need is a reliable searcher. If Mush'ki were level 4 the consistency on the deck would get a huge boost.

In general that is a huge crux for the archetype, great effects that are held up by its restrictions. Mother would be a beast with the reduction effect, Hypno would be absurd were not Gemini and so on.

That being said, it would be pretty nice to get an XYZ.

EDIT: That's why you bounce your own spells and traps and use the counters to clear backrow with its other effect or Telepath's.

Ancient Code A Ruins is absurd with a Gol'gar on field

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 13, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cabinet posted:

Gol'gar is really loving great if you manage to get it out early and have a good set up. Otherwise you're hosed.

If Aliens were to get support they'd need a bunch of it. New tuners, searchers and (imo) a counter trap maybe. Their biggest problem is the inconsistent nature of the deck. If Reptiles were to get support in general it would help solve some of their problems though. That would at least bump them up a few notches at least.

An early Gol'gar is nice but a good setup is more important. The attack reduction effect it gives Aliens a significative edge and Code A guarantees you will always have Aliens ready for battle.

Truth is, the meta is just too fast for them. They need A-counters to thrive but is hard to see a monster last more than turn these days.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

I want reptiles to get support because Vennominaga is the coolest alternate win condition ever.

I got relative success by adding Vennominaga to a pure Worm deck. With the right hand you could get her in the second turn with at least 3k on attack. :allears:

Then Future Fusion was banned :sigh:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
To put my money where my mouth is, here's my old Alien deck

I've had these guys since I got back in the game (in fact, they were the ones who made me back) nearly six years go. Boy, where time goes? :corsair:

And here's another deck I enjoy playing greatly: Steelswarm

I've tweaked this deck more due the excellent support released for Monarchs but I haven't gave it my full attention, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 14, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Oh man, I'm so tempted to build an Egyptian God deck now

How cool would be to have a meta comprised of gimmicky decks? :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Zexal and Arc-V are their own thing entirely.

However, before Jack and Crow were revealed, the idea was that the different summoning dimensions from Arc-V were homages to previous series and no the series themselves.

Now all the bets are off.

Xoidanor posted:

Bring on the frog lancer meta I say. :frogsiren::frogsiren::frogsiren:

I want a format where the best deck is the one able to summon Sophia :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Random tidbits from June's VJ

Potential spoilers for Arc-v I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
While that video was an overkill, Sphere does have plenty of potential. Specially on today's meta where many decks can summon more than two monsters on the first turn.

Burnin Abyss are utterly boned against it for example.

EDIT:

Copycat/Mimicat
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 “Mimicat” per turn.
(1) If you control “Toon World” and a Toon Monster: Target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; if it is a monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field. If it is a Spell/Trap Card, Set it to your side of the field.

:aaa:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 17, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, interesting video of a Dreadscythe OTK deck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRbIjg815vY

Honestly, I didn't even thought the card were playable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

Or they just appeared by magic, that works too. :v:

I'm fine with it as long they aren't as blatant like Yuma.