Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Bee posted:

I want to try and make a deck revolving around Level Limit Area B, Gravity Bind, and a bunch of low level direct-attacking monsters. How viable is this, or does the existence of XYZs kind of tear it to ribbons?

I made someone disconnect on Devpro just now with Gravity Bind. It's pretty great (if you run an Xyz deck like me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

So Arc-V is a loving awesome show that does awesome things and manages to be kinda subtle about them (spoilers for the latest episode which you should go watch right f'in now).

So you might think at first, "well jesus if they weren't all going ahead of Shun, he would've just done some Xyz poo poo and OTKed all of them!" but if you do the math, if Shun summons Rise Falcon and attacks all three Hound Dogs, it would've left each Obelisk Force with 200 LP. Then they could do their combo and hit Shun for 2000 damage three times, at least two of which probably would've hit, since he was in no shape to go running for Action Cards, leaving Shun very, very dead.

Mitchie and Teppei fell on the grenade for Shun. Greatest combination indeed. :rip:

You're assuming that the Obelisk Force only has 2000 LP each at that point. Revolution Falcon could've finished the job if Kurosaki got a turn after that, but it's still after Michio and Teppei eat the effect damage.

e: Oh right, I was only looking at the actual card's effects. Whoops. But Rise Falcon would've left them with 500 LP each instead of 200.

Xoidanor posted:

Wait what the gently caress? Why did no one in this thread mention that Devpro had patched in CORE? :mad:

It's a really recent update, to be fair.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 24, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Waifu posted:

Also I felt the recent tag duel in Arc-V could've been solved without anyone being sacrificed if Shun just got his turn and Rise Falcon'd them.

How do you figure? After detaching an overlay unit, Rise Falcon would've only had 5200 attack points and done 3500 points of damage to each of them. He would have immediately lost after that from the trap cards' effects.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Basically what Flaps said, except that those are flaws in my eyes, not perks.

Those are valid reasons, but you can't really call someone who literally never smiles smug. If anything, that's Sora, that cocky little bastard.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

I guess I used the wrong term. Would "pretentious" be more appropriate?

"Self-interested" is probably closest to what you want, but I'm not sure it's a sentiment I agree with.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also with the YGOPro update Fuzzy Lanius should be in so now Slur can build all that Raid Raptors deck.

What's the point of an update today if it doesn't add this, Devpro. :argh:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ugh, the people who deliberately run out the clock by doing nothing are worse than the ones who disconnect immediately.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

I use PrintScreen, paste it into IrfanView, crop the part that's just the deck and upload it on imgur.

Why don't you save yourself a couple of steps and just take the window screenshot with Irfanview?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Because I don't know how to do that.

Option > Capture Screenshot > Foreground Window, dude.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xoidanor posted:

I'm amazed not one of you has realised that you're living in 2015. There's no need for additional software. :psyduck:

1. Printscreen
2. Ctrl+V into Imgur
3. Crop in Imgur

Or, if you're on a mac

1. cmd+shift+4
2. Drag into Imgur

You can't optimize pngs in Imgur. :colbert:

Irfanview is far more useful if you want to take a bunch of screenshots at a time, anyway.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Speaking of our heroes, it's made pretty clear by their bland designs and uninispired lines that I am really not expected to give a crap about anyone except Yusei. The only member of the supporting cast that has a name as of right now is that little thief girl, who stole an expensive piece of hardware but that's okay because it was to help her big brother figure win his childhood feud. A+ parenting there, sport.

Did you know that Rally is a boy

^^^ Oh goddammit.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

Does YGOPro/DevPro have Entermages yet? Usually I hate playing new cards before they're officially released, but I'm super excited for Entermages and want to start messing around with them early.

Devpro has at least a few.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blaze Dragon posted:

That makes you Crow, not Aki :v: Also Johan or Sho, Manjoume is the Kaiba!

Also I'm fourth so I have literally no idea what I am. Mai/Kenzan/Aki/the Tron siblings/Sawatari?

Did Mai ever win a duel on-screen

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

She beat Jean-Claude Magnum and Joey!

Oh good for her, she's tied with Tea.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

We will do TEAM DUELS

This tournament requires 8 to 10 players of 4 to 5 teams Representing 4 to 5 Summoning types. Certain archetypes will be restricted for variety sake

Depending on when this is I might be busy, but put me down tentatively for Xyz.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Waifu posted:

Speaking of Ds, how do people use DDDs? Do they rely mostly on their continuous spells or is there more efficiency to them than that? I doubt everyone's pulling the pendulums right on the first turn or pulling all three extra deck monsters.

Pendulum Summoning Kaiser.

I would give a non-joke answer if I were good.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

So tomorrow at about.... 6-7 PM EST I think we'll be good to run the tournament, anyone have a problem with that?

I'll be around for Xyz.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

Yeah but Doma was filler, and poo poo, except for the Armor battle and DRAW! MONSTER CARD!

Obelisk had an effect that gave it infinite attack too.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xoidanor posted:

How the gently caress did Yuki translate into Ghost Ogre and where did Snow even come from. :psyduck:

Yuki as in 幽鬼 means ghost (鬼 by itself is oni/ogre) and it's a homonym with snow. :v:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quincytbb posted:

I don't know if team Neo New XYZ is still a thing, but in case the old team is still unable to play I should be able to play then.

I'll be around at least, though I might be about an hour late.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

Hey so :siren:the tournament is supposed to start in 40 minutes:siren:

You know, when you posted that this was tomorrow at 3 in the morning, I thought you were talking about April 24. :shobon:

I won't be free to play until about 10 p.m. EDT then.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ConanThe3rd posted:

Pass. If it's one thing I'm not a fan of it's "shivers"

:thejoke:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Good lord, Sawatari is such an unbelievable gently caress-up. I think he might be an even worse Lancer than Dennis and Dennis is a loving fusion scum traitor.

On the other hand, he got that one Security guy to let him go between shots for no apparent reason, so the duel didn't matter at all if you think about it. :v:

And Serena didn't have to use Cat Dancer's effect to attack considering, and nothing of consequence happened because of it, so it seemed like the animators were only trying to fill time on that one, ha.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 18, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blaze Dragon posted:

Most hilarious is the last tier though, with "Surrender Theory". That's right, the Integrated Course is taught, in their last year, how to give up.

I would think it's more about how to make your opponent surrender. So it's probably on a bunch of dick moves like deliberately doing nothing to waste time.

It's the secret how to inner monologue course. :v:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 26, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Justin_Brett posted:

Didn't they give her 'Yu' to do just that, though, label her as on even footing with the lead?

Not really. All the yutaginists have extended u's, Yuuya, Yuuto, Yuugo, Yuuri. They would probably have the same kanji in the title if they weren't spelled in kana. Yuzu is just Yuzu.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

The fact that they are even aiming at a female audience is something I appreciate.

And I suppose that is better than having all the fanservice directed at a single gender, like it happens in the West.

Yes, who would've thought that this series with pretty boy characters from the start had any appeal to women before.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mistressminako posted:

Those calendars are amazing.

This screenshot of Yuusei and a card showing his own hand exchanging cards with Yuya's hand has been circulating recently, thanks to the efforts of Director Ono. The card in question is 調和の宝札 or Cards of Consonance. I'm curious to know if anyone can figure out the face-up card within the card that Yuya is exchanging for two cards from Yuusei?

Looks like The White Stone of Legend.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The best satisfaction for you! (It's literally what it says.)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

I probably won't, but I can at least let this influence my choices regarding who gets my well-earned cash and express my disapproval. That is enough until I am in a position to do something else.

You should write a letter to Konami expressing your disapproval.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

:lol: do you have any clue how difficult it is to write a story with a three-year arc while also structuring it around the three-month release cycle of a major worldwide card game?

Would you prefer we go back to hours and hours of absolutely inane filler like Zexal and latter 5D's where the plot doesn't show up, literally for months at a time and we're getting garbage like Crashtown specifically just to shill cards?

Crashtown ruled, what the gently caress.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Unless you're a fan of Jack or Aki or literally anybody besides Yusei, who had become boring as gently caress by that point, or Kiryu, who shoulda stayed dead.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Oh hey what do we have here?

Is giving executive production duties to a manga artist really a thing that happens?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Movie trailer's out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWlrRAK-QjE

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Crow is going to beat Gongenzaka. :(

I hope you'll be toxxing over this prediction.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baal posted:

Why is Sawatari suddenly in love with Serena and why is this not getting focus

I can't wait for this to blossom to a nuanced, compelling relationship, deftly delivered by the experts of romance that are the Yugioh anime writing staff.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe Kaiba almost destroyed the future of all mankind.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
e: lol i'm dumb

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot who Asuka was at first since I thought she was being brought up in a Zexal context...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
E: thanks Awful