Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
You know

I still can't believe they're still in Synchro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Holy poo poo the plot moved forward.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Ute Muto

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Phew, for a second there I thought the protagonists were getting competent! Good thing Yuya is retaining his status as the biggest jobber on the show.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

This thread needs to be merged back together with the TG thread. Splitting the two threads was a bad idea.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

How did we ever reach 154 pages? :psyduck:

This series moves at a slug's pace and is extremely easy to rail on due to its characters' lack of competence, grasp on logic and common sense. It also has moments of sheer, baffling ridiculousness like carpet bombing fantasy racist children with trading cards. Also, Konami's handling this.

Also there was trading card discussion before the TG thread split nearly killed this thread.

Slur fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 9, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah I think it's pretty much just Slur.

Nearly 100 episodes. The protagonists have accomplished literally nothing. How can you not?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

VJeff posted:

Kaito, I guessed. So that's really cool that he's coming back.

Asuka is loving :psyboom:. But considering Arc-V fixed CROW of all characters, I'm really loving excited for this now.

Also, Slur is crazy and Arc-V is great. Yuya is probably the best protagonist since Yugi. I love that a children's card game show has the balls to make all of its characters, including the protagonist, get the crap kicked out of them on a constant basis. Stories where the protags are always getting kicked around are awesome because it makes that moment of success SO MUCH MORE GRATIFYING, because it feels earned. Contrast that to somebody who never goddamn loses like Yuma or Juudai, so there's no tension or stakes in anything they do.

Never said Arc-V was the worst anime off of the planet. But holy hell is it easy to make fun of. Also, there's a difference between "getting your poo poo kicked in" and "getting your poo poo kicked in because it's entirely your fault for being incompetent as can be".

Kaito and Asuka coming back are kind of neat, though I would have preferred Vector and "The Chazz"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Julias posted:

Not furrydom. Bestiality.

For those who don't get it: Read Number 4 from this page http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Most-Insane-Episodes-Of-Yugioh-GX

This brings a whole new meaning to the words "go get 'em, tiger."

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's more like a rack than a shelf, really

:drat:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Iserlohn posted:

Was confused as to why Yugo and Yuri just gently caress off to nowhere.

Because the writers will find any way to try and pad out that plot point for as long as they want to, no matter how bad it makes the pacing in the long run. Yuzu's bracelet provides them the perfect excuse for that purpose.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Jack Atlas is everything right about Yugioh.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

I'm just psyched about the D-heroes finally getting something new after having been irrelevant for god knows how many years outside of Malicious.

We'll finally be able to give everyone The D again.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

So have we really discovered Sergey's definition of "beauty" yet? 'Cause it seems kind of vague to me.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Holy gently caress this episode is goddamn beautiful.
Roger's VA fuckin killed it.

I wonder how many takes he had to do in order to get the screaming of Sergey's name right. I shudder to think about it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Logicblade posted:

The best part of ZeXal was the Nasch vs. IV duel and everything else was mediocre to physically and mentally painful.

Card games on the moon.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's the main problem with Arc-V really. It spends a lot of time setting up things. Once they finally trigger though, we get beautiful things like these last few episodes, but we also have lots of Yuya must bring smiles -> Yuya gets sad because he can't bring smiles -> Yuya finds resolve to bring smiles -> rinse and repeat.

The whole smiles thing is bringing the show down in the name of some contrived moral bullshit.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Yugioh Wiki posted:

This episode was supposed to air on March 6, 2016, but was moved to the following week due to program scheduling with a pingpong match.

Must be a pretty intense pingpong match.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

(unfairly)

Between this and you thinking that Emergency Teleport is healthy for the game, I really don't understand what you think would be a good game state for the game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

V-Jump is out this week.

Expect to see more cards from The Dark Illusion, and most likely Duelist of Radiance and the upcoming movie pack. We'll probably see some info about Kite, Alexis, and Aster in Arc-V, too.

EDIT: Wrong thread, dammit. :argh: Can we merge the two threads back together? I still don't see why we split them in the first place.

Post in QCS.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

Or failing that, get the guy who does the voices for The Abridged series.

LittleKuriboh? Nah.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

Hurrah, Yuya isn't a complete sad sack of tears anymore!

He's acting semi-competent. And then it'll fall apart in Xyz.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I don't get why people are getting excited. The Lancers still accomplished nothing.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I'm disappointed nobody has used an exodia/stall/mill deck in the series. Users of said decks should go undefeated.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

GX season 3 had several.

They all lost. Bar like one exception.

And that is disappointing.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

Tokumatsu used a stall deck.

Yeah, but he lost and his burn strategy didn't win him the game. It was kind of lame.

I honestly want to see someone win by annoying stall tactics and be celebrated for it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They're called annoying for a reason.

Better annoying than boring attack-mindlessly-to-win tactics.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

'Boring' he says, as he trolls people on Dueling Network with FTK decks. :v:

I can't possibly troll Dueling Network.

Konami already did a better job than I ever could.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

They already fixed that issue.

It requires a small workaround but the problem is solved. :3

I'm disgusted.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Julias posted:

He looks dumb. Being Commander-in-Chief, I can't wait for him to get run into the ground.

His design reminds me of Alvis from Fire Emblem 4

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

i have a good feeling ed is going to be all like "hey man im angsting over the loss of my people so i joined because blah blah blah inferiority complex shounen edge"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjqQSAfD_bU
Found the official music video for OP 4 and am kind of disappointed that it's not yet another dorky sentai parody.

Wait, you don't skip pass the OPs right away?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Oh hey wanna know how to make destiny board better? Let's make the pieces attackable.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Level Seven posted:

RTFC.

It's funny to think of this as a continuous Magic Cylinder.

I got no sleep last night. It's showing in my posts.

Edit: Realized Destiny Board is still susceptible to twin twister. Well, at least Dark Sanctuary is a nice substitute for Fairy Box.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 16, 2016

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

My monster is not destroyed

But you still take the damage!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Momomo posted:

I finally catch up to the anime and find out there's random Destiny Bond support? This is my lucky day.

Also Synchro dimension sure was... eventful. That was definitely like 50 episodes well spent. Yeah.

Oh good so I'm not the only one who thought of that entire arc as needless padding

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

To be fair, in the script it said they were at a heavy disadvantage because Sawatari and Gongenzaka were sharing graveyards.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Speaking of very clear flaws with an obvious fix, Dennis offing himself was cool but we needed more insight on his motivations because it looks like he simply went "yeah, egao owns boop", how would we have gotten more on his inner turmoil? if his last opponent was Shun instead of Kaito. I've been cool with the guest characters but Kaito is the only one actively bringing the show down now, that match should've been Shun showcasing how far he's gone and how much he believes in Entertainment thanks to Yuya while Dennis keeps denying that they were ever friends, instead it was just Dennis going on a lil bit about entertainment and Kaito giving flat responses (bar that one "who's the heel?!" line) that makes you wonder if he learned anything from Yusho ever.

I think the point of Kaito beating him was to show that even the least entertaining person in the world who doesn't care a single shill about entertainment whatsoever is more entertaining than Dennis's gimmicks, and that he hasn't grown as an entertainer at all since being with Academia.

That doesn't make Kaito any more good than he was before, mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

Well, that episode was kinda weird and pointless.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific.