Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FirstAidKite posted:

Hey todd you fucker when you gonna do a one hit wonderland on rusted root

Well he had 4 Patreon supporters request songs, maybe that's one of the three left. Also now I want to go watch Matilda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poparena posted:

If the inclusion of Blue (Da Ba Dee) is any indication, the other three are probably going to be Macarena, What's Up and I'm Too Sexy.

Steal My Sunshine is another distinct possibility.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zedd posted:

I hope Todd does another new wave song soon, those are always amazing.

I hope he does anything at all soon, his output has slowed to a crawl since he hopped on Patreon. I assume it's prolly because he's working on a new top 10 worst list and those are a lot of effort, but still.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Todd's new video is up, and as I suspected it is a top 10 worst list. 1991, hoo boy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jsor posted:

Wait, on Patreon or for everyone? Because I can't find it.

Patreon, should've mentioned that

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jsor posted:

It's fine, it just reminded me to go and give Todd $2 a month. :D

:hf:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I have to say I was unaware Bette Midler was a proud deist.

what

I envy you if you've seriously gone your whole life until now without hearing that song

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 23, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I've probably heard it at some point, but it's generic enough that I don't know it.

You must have spent less time working lovely minimum wage retail jobs than me because that awful song was a mainstay at two different jobs I worked at.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I actually somehow knew almost all the songs on that list, even though I was only 5 back in '91.

Also listening to that Timmy T song outside of the video, the gently caress is with the drums? They really clash with the rest of the song, badly. I also feel like I've heard them somewhere else.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mine is Amanda, by Boston. I like some of Boston's music but this song is slow and boring.

johnfw50 posted:

Creep by TLC?

Congrats, you've got the best song so far

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LateToTheParty posted:

How is Gametrailers doing anyway?

That's something I've been wondering too. I only go there for Pop Fiction/Pop Facts and the last update was over a month ago (it's supposed to be a weekly series). They got hit with layoffs a while back after being bought out, I hope they didn't get hit with more :ohdear:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Testekill posted:

A new OHW is up for Todd subscribers. This time it's St. Elmos Fire by John Parr which is a song that I've heard but never known the name of.

Well it's nice that this was a less obvious request than Blue was. But oh no, that next one he teased at the end :stonk:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jay O posted:

This actually posted a few days ago, but I did a countdown of the Top Ten Legend of Zelda Songs, which was a mighty challenge, let me tell you. Viewer poll is also open on that so you can vote for your favorites! :)

Dark World in LttP, Dragon Roost and Great Sea in Wind Waker, Midna's Desperate Hour in TP, and Forest Temple in OoT are all songs I would have put on the list over some of the other choices. Also, not even having the Forest Temple theme as a checkbox choice makes me sad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Todd has a new episode up for Patrons. It's not a One-Hit Wonderland though, which is sorta disappointing given what the next OHW is likely gonna be.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spoony's FF8 review is still one of my favorite review things anyone has ever done because he so perfectly articulated all of the reasons I hated that game better than I ever could have done myself, and his reviews of bad old FMV games and the Ultima series were also really awesome. But his output has been just terrible for years. I couldn't even get through his FFX or FF13 reviews, which you'd think if he would be able to really be on-point it would be with FF reviews.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rodyle posted:

His FFX review is pretty much the same as the 8 one tbh.

I never played more than the first hour or so of FFX before saying 'no thanks', so maybe I'd enjoy that review more if I knew more about the game going in like I did with FF8.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Final Fantasy games peaked at the time when I, personally, was most susceptible to dumb anime plots.

There, I just saved you a lot of time.

Not really. I just finished Tales of Vesperia last month and enjoyed it quite a bit despite it having several dumb anime subplots connected to a pretty dumb overall anime plot. A good JRPG is one where you can look past the inevitable eye-rolling anime horseshit, either through other plot points, a good cast, or both, and a bad JRPG is one where there's nothing to compensate for the silliness that you know you're in for whenever you play one.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh god Todd has a new Cinemadonna up for patrons and holy lol this movie

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jsor posted:

Jesus Christ Todd

Volume

Normalization

Yeah when he finished his intro into the Madonna song he uses to open his videos it almost blew my fuckin eardrums out. I guess I'm so used to Todd being bad at audio that it doesn't even bug me anymore :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Eh, his opinions on movies are really boring and weird anyway.

His opinions on Madonna movies/other bad pop-star movies are good.

He needs to watch and review Cool as Ice at some point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Actually he's pretty much spot-on in this case :shrug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

PiedPiper posted:

What is so offensive about Hatred, anyway? From what I've seen, it's just dumb.

It's a game that exists solely to be offensive and people did get riled up about it being offensive which is exactly what it was meant to do (as Yahtzee said, see also: Postal). Nevermind that it is not any more offensive than Doom or Grand Theft Auto and is also a pretty poo poo game, he made the game to piss people off, and he succeeded. Cases like this should result in widespread indifference, not people getting riled up and giving morons the kind of attention they want and more ammo for their 'the SJWs are ruining everything' bullshit.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh so this is going to end with whatever gaggle of confused nerds are currently rampaging deciding he's become an agent of the Sarkeesian cultural marxists?

Given how harshly he criticized the game and the reason for its existence and the people who bought it, yeah probably.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WickedHate posted:

The situation with Joe felt really understandable, but if they actually threatened to do that over a bit of LP footage than yeah, that's really lovely.

BroTeam seems to be someone who just likes pissing people off needlessly ('for the lulz' as they say) and while I did agree regarding the Angry Joe stuff, I kinda regret sticking up for him at this point.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Celery Face posted:

Todd's got a new video out on Patreon and it's on Dear Future Husband by Megan Trainor.

I loving hate this song

I also hate that I'm broke and can't be a Patron right now, but oh well. Todd mentioned on Twitter a few times that he also hates it, so I look forward to seeing what he has to say in more detail when the video is available for all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

You see this?

This is where the people who care live.

wait people live on iapetus? can you send me there too? gently caress man that'd be rad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fans posted:

It's a bad video game movie marring our unbroken run of really good videogame movies beforehand.

at least the super mario bros. movie is a good time with a couple friends and alcohol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MisterBibs posted:

This is from a few pages back:

With copyright always going to be an issue for Internet Reviewers, I'm wondering if this isn't something that might eventually happen for some of those critics. Unless you get another Blip that drags its heels on copyright poo poo to come along, the very act of putting video clips of someone else's product into your video reviews is going to be a constant Sword of Damocles hanging over your content's head. Maybe written reviews (or audio-based ones?) could be an alternative?

In an ideal world, copyright law would be reformed because its current state is utterly loving ridiculous. I'm not really holding out much hope for that, however.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

watho posted:

The fact that it happened to pretty much every thread on the forums and the people doing it took any and all criticism as a personal insult… y'know what? MGSV is pretty much the new dark souls in terms of insufferable fanbases that makes me never want to play a game.

Having been on the internet for way too long, I can say that this is pretty much every Metal Gear Solid game around release time. Also the games themselves are not good and I really struggle to understand why the gently caress people go so nuts over them; at least Dark Souls had its own unique thing going on even if the fanbase oversold the living gently caress out of it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Violet_Sky posted:

Hey, Todd has a new Cinemadonna out! I can't wait to see why this film was so ba-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcVSXCSaoLU

:yikes:

What the gently caress :stare:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rebochan posted:

And sorry, Prime 2 sucked and Prime 3 was at least better for adding multiple planets and all, but it still felt like a retread of Prime 1 mechanically. Prime 1 was the only really good game in that series as far as I'm concerned. I know Other M sucked, but that doesn't excuse how lovely Prime 2 was.

Prime 2 is a great game in a vacuum and its only failing is that it had to follow up Prime 1, one of the absolute best games ever made.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

With regards to Todd's year-end list, I can't see any song beating out Whip/Nae Nae for #1. His review of that song was the harshest review since Wiggle, maybe even more so.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MisterBibs posted:

With a bunch of people complaining about the prequels in a way that distills down to "it's not the Star Wars I emotionally bonded with"

This was, at most, a secondary complaint. The actual problem with the prequels is that they are just terrible goddamn movies.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I wish I could say I didn't believe you, but then I remember that a bunch of idiots threw a shitfit when the latest Mass Effect Andromeda trailer featured FemShep's voice because apparently that meant Bioware were pushing their agenda in their games. I keep expecting morons like this to just go away or something but it seems like they're just getting louder instead.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Spoony's FF8 review will always be dear to me because he more perfectly articulates everything wrong with that loathesome game than I'd ever be able to, though I disagree with his assessment that FFX is worse. His Ultima and FMV Hell videos were all great as well. But dude has serious problems that last I heard he had no intention on getting help for, it's really no surprise he ended up the way he did. How he still has any sort of fans is kinda baffling.

Also I dunno if it's available to non-patrons yet but Todd put up a new video that is sure to upset a good number of people, maybe even more so than when he apparently made Fall Out Boy fans mad at him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ZakAce posted:

I know that Final Fantasy X has problems, but I can't bring myself to hate on that game, if only because it was the first Final Fantasy game I played. Nostalgia, yo.

FF VIII also has problems, but at least it's memorably bad and goes out of its way to be innovative. It might not have succeeded, but I'll take innovation over cynical corporate box-ticking in the vein of Final Fantasy XIII. (See also FF XII, although that game's better than VIII).

FF8 caused me to completely lose interest in JRPGs for over a decade. It remains the only game I've ever played that I'd say I well and truly hated (though Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel was really pushing it). If it weren't for Persona 4, and specifically Giant Bomb playing it, I would have probably continued on not playing any JRPGs made after 8.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

admataY posted:

The worst movie is probably not some dream project of a deluded amateur outsider, its probably some soulless production made by very very bored competent professionals .
I would rather watch birdemic 10 times rather then give , idont know, lets say pixels a second go .

I don't really count movies that obviously had no budget to be capable of being the 'worst films'. There's a huge difference between the Birdemics of the world and movies that actually did get budgets yet sucked poo poo anyway. Stuff like Manos and any of the not-movies Coleman Francis made can't really be compared fairly to stuff like Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Battlefield Earth and Gigli.

So with all of that said, I will continue to assert that Star Wars Episode 2 is the worst film I have ever seen :can:, and I'll also give special commendation to Star Trek Nemesis and Super Mario Bros. for just being mind-bogglingly terrible in their own right. Though at least Super Mario is sorta interesting in its awfulness, something that can't be said about the other two.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Woah, Ep 2 is the worst Star Wars movie but even it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Battlefield: Earth.

I saw B:E in theaters! I was there, man.

Battlefield Earth has a lot of moments that are just loving hilarious. That scene where the cow gets his leg shot off had me in stitches. It's a very bad movie and one of the worst, but it's entertainingly bad. The ones I listed were not funny bad, just mind-numbingly boring.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Insurrection is worse than Nemesis, personally. Neither of them is the worst film I've seen, though.

I'm open to this idea based purely on the fact that I cannot remember a single thing about Insurrection despite having seen it in theaters and at least once since then on DVD.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tracula posted:

I'm the guy who thinks The Undiscovered Country doesn't get nearly enough credit :v:

Undiscovered Country is both the best Star Trek movie and the perfect way to send off the original cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Force Awakens is fine. It's an order of magnitude better than the prequels and also better than Return of the Jedi. It's got some problems and sometimes leans too heavily on trying to be like the first movie in some respects, and the callbacks and jokes are a bit forced at times, but it's a fun adventure with likable characters and frankly that's all I really want out of a Star Wars movie. Hopefully the next two movies are also good.

• Locked thread