Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I'd like to recommend MechaGamezilla. He reviews video games and is an absolute treasure.

EDIT: Added link

Mad Lupine fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Arcsquad12 posted:

Was that the video where he blasted his editor with semen?

:stare:

I had to watch it.

I don't regret it more than watching InuYasha.

Seriously though, it was a pretty good review. I can't believe I didn't pick up on how unhealthy the main character's relationship was. Made me literally cringe and instantly regret wasting all that time watching it. In my defense, I dropped it about halfway through. Bennett's appraisal of the series is pretty apt. The anime ended with no resolution. It was literally a "read the manga" ending. I can't imagine what it must have felt to anime only watchers who have never even heard of manga. Too perfect.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
They also rape women and eat children. Or vice versa I forget.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I stopped watching Moviebob when he started catering to the naruto fan base.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

At least now he has more time to choreograph his ninja fight scenes.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I was going to make a joke about how this thread's opinion of Bob would flip as soon as it was mentioned that GGer(s?) had said anything disparaging about him. I didn't make it because I felt it was too inflammatory and unnecessary.

I wish I made that joke.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Echo Chamber posted:

I remembered the good old days when mocking Kotaku's lovely writing was a convenient punchline. And then GamerGate ruined it for everyone. Thanks a lot, Reddit. :(

Just because the nazis banned smoking doesn't take away the fact that smoking is bad for you.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Beefstew posted:

This is pretty good. Can you explain to us why the Transformers movies are actually strokes of genius and how Dark of the Moon is a sequel to Spielberg's Duel?

Edit: nvm misread the post.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I liked it when Plinkett used to mail out pizza rolls. Those were fun times.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Why the gently caress can't I call people **********

Hey that's my trigger what the hell

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

DStecks posted:

watch your loving tongue

i'm literally shaking

Don't steal my terrible jokes.

I'm literally shaking.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Well that was interesting...

Colgate posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation on game critics, since I'm rather new to watching them. I've been watching ProJared for awhile, and I like the way he does things. Is there any more like his?

Going to recommend MechaGamezilla because he is funny. I will always recommend him whenever I get the chance.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
As insufferable as Hbomber's posts are, it's not as bad as when this thread talks about feminist frequency or gamergate.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Hbomberguy posted:

Please cite one time I called anyone an idiot.

The irony of this post is almost palatable.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Good video. Only real problem is that you kept telling me to watch his videos.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Watch as MechaGamezilla finally enters the foray of next gen gaming consoles and reviews The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

PresidentBeard posted:

Sorry for continuing the derail, but the scientists weren't making them. They were studying them to get rid of them. There was some long speech about the horned girls being a natural species and "the next evolution of humanity" or something. They were a wierd kinda parasite that infected human women to only produce more of themselves. Hence saying they're all rapists, because that's exactly what it is. It's condemning someone to carry a child that isn't even their species, and whose birth will likely kill them. The handicapped girl does this casually to women passing in the street. Our "hero" is a rapist serial killer. With Boondock Saints you at least have the thin justification of the badguys being mobsters. Here you're supposed to cheer a character on the same moral level as Alex DeLarge.

Holy poo poo I didn't even remember that aspect of the show. With every girl pissing on the stairs and just not caring, and getting abused, and chopping limbs off, I guess something had to slip between the cracks. Didn't the anime end on a cliff hanger? Better than the manga's ending. I really like that opening though.

Jesus Christ, I just thought of the implications of the manga ending. Gross. Excuse me, going to marathon Jojo to scrub my brain with a good show.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

The Vosgian Beast posted:

How could you say that and then not post this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwoqyGQgEp8
This is the best thing :allears:

This is also a review about food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0YLfUIbDbg

Serious Talk: MikeJ reviewing food is a lot of fun to watch.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I hope you learned your lesson, Al-Saqr. Don't try to have a reasonable discussion about Anita's work in this thread.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Cyron posted:

EDIT: I just looked at al's rap sheet, I feel like I deserve a probation for being dumb enough to defend him.

An argument should be based on its merit, not where it comes from. Just cause Hitler disliked smoking doesn't make it ok.

EDIT: But, ugh. I see where you're coming from.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Jay O posted:

I feel like I should stop posting in this thread and yet for some reason I always post anyway and you see what happens. :negative:

It is me, I am the cancer that is killing the Internet Critic Thread.

Please don't stop posting, Jay O. Your post are actually interesting and, at the very least, relevant as you are an 'Internet Critic'.

I want to say that SEED and SEED Destiny killed any chance of Gundam being popular in the West. It was that bad, IMO. drat it had some nice plastic model toys though.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Tae posted:

It had nothing to do with the show quality, it was because Toonami kept moving SEED in time slots without telling anyone. It was prime time, then late night, then super late night, then at one point was airing at 5 in the morning. It's how FOX killed their shows unofficially by moving them to Friday nights.

It's really laughable that you think quality in any medium, whether anime or not, ultimately determines popularity compared to how much marketing power it gets.

I don't know. Maybe it was moved out of prime time because is was that bad.

Seriously though, when it originally aired, we didn't get Cartoon Network in Canada, so it stayed in the same block when it aired here.

Don't really take anything I say seriously. I just really hate SEED and Destiny.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I liked Jake and his hatred of bad movies. Turns out he's an rear end. I hope the best for Brad. Poor guy.

Those dog clips are gold. Pure 24k gold. I wonder what a spoof of these would be with Brad and his cat(s?). I think he could pull it off.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Miss Wallace posted:

It was originally the sequel to Beverly Hills Ninja, if that tells you anything.

This is now a must watch for me. I can give no reasonable explanation for this.

Other than Hasselhoff.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
It's going to be a great month!

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's okay if someone doesn't like something you like. That's life. In fact, here's someone else who liked that movie, flaws and all.

Don't make achilles feel worse for liking something by linking that please.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh hey, something new I need to download. I just went to YouTube to listen to the video someone linked in another thread and I see one of my recommendations is The Amazing Atheist: ANITA SARKEESIAN, YOU OFFICIALLY SUCK AT FEMINISM and blood started to come from my eyes.

The Amazing Atheist was also in my recommendations. However, it was recommending his daily videos about Justin Bieber at the time. I guess Anita is now his favored whipping boy. I think this guy has a serious problem with obsession. Or he's just producing click bait for MRAs/pre-teens.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Tracula posted:

Amusingly as soon as I opened up youtube after looking at this thread I saw this:

It's a sign. You must follow the way of the Banana.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Benny the Snake posted:

Moviebob's back doing Game Overthinker on Screw Attack and...you know what, it's actually pretty good. Mostly because Screw Attack has a handle on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udarBlE07N4

I'm surprised how watchable that was. Getting out of the ill fitting ninja costume helped.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I also like it when people tweet/talk about stuff they don't know about.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
MechaGamezilla tackles a very strange and serious addiction in his latest video which touches on some of the recent discussion in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWHMb3JxmE

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Guys. You don't have to finish watching it. Stop.

It tears me apart seeing people hurt themselves like this. :(

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Infamous Sphere posted:

I think I'll avoid watching either of those two recently linked videos.

If this is referencing the one I linked from MechaGamezilla, don't take my description of it seriously. It was completely tongue in cheek.

Avoid the auction one though.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

I don't understand. You actually liked this game?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
Calling yourself 'Angry Joe' is worthy of ridicule in and of itself.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

poparena posted:

Speaking of people tangentially effected by Angry Joe, Errant Signal put up a new video on the indie game Sunset. Twice.

The first time he put it up, he included a couple of seconds of a Let's Play of the game by Bro Team Pill, the same assclown who threw a DMCA notice at Angry Joe for associating him with Gamergate. The Sunset video wasn't up a half hour before BTP made a threat of DMCA notices on Twitter, which he claimed afterwards was just a joke, but considering BTP's behavior with Joe, Errant Signal still took down the video and reedited it.

Sometimes the internet feels like one long Tristram Shandy novel.

I would not think one could file a DMCA for LP footage. If I owned the rights to Sunset and they had actually filed it, I would have filled one against them as well. Only them though.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

DStecks posted:

Your DMCA takedown doesn't actually need to be legitimate for YouTube to go through with it. It's just a lot faster for Joe to recut the video and reupload it than wait on YouTube to process his dispute; and in a situation like this, it's just better PR to not fight it.

I know. It's just with all the problems with LPs, especially with Nintendo, I would think they wouldn't want to poke the bear, so to speak. The Sunset devs must be indie for them to even think of pulling this off.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Zedd posted:

The show was pretty horrible, but not because of the host. (There are just very few top X things worth watching) It did kind of feel like pandering by The Escapist though, but what i've seen of her she wasn't the problem with it at all.

I think you quoted the wrong post.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I don't think it's that bad. The melody is upbeat and nice. As for the lyrics, it's not like she's speaking for all women. It's more like she telling us about one of her fantasies which she should have kept to herself. The 'kiss' line is probably the worst of it but bad lyrics are par for the course in today's pop music. Basically, if it comes on the radio, I can safely ignore it. It's all I can ask of bad pop music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

Jimbot posted:

"W..well, he's a friend with benefits then! See! I'm still correct!!!!! She's corrupting him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This sounds very apt; it's like something someone who has never had sex would actually say.

• Locked thread