Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Kimble Justice reviews mostly retro titles but with a focus mainly on Genesis games but has also done retrospectives on licensed games from A to Z including some top 10 lists based on WWE games as well as Star Wars games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZWVL1Elyt2cdiQYjxS_1w.

Kim really deserves more views if someone like Animated Atrocities is getting view-counts in the thousands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Gyges posted:

Is there much other than the current Ms Marvel in the superhero genre? I only read the first trade paperback of that but it was pretty good.

Captain Marvel is pretty great, I've heard good things about Storm's new series as well.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Maroon 5 is either very close to or has surpassed Nickelback in terms of being loving terrible beyond words. M5's last listenable song was in 2003.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

TODD: Katy Perry hasn't ever sung a song about her boobs

KATY PERRY, IN HER LATEST RADIO HIT: Let me get you in your birthday suit / It's time to get out the big balloons

Not going to lie, Birthday is my favorite song by her. It's incredibly stupid but it's a really fun song that never fails to make me smile.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

nine-gear crow posted:

And this movie is #1 at the box office right now too...

You realize it's a really garbage time for movies right now right? Like, what else is there to see?

Most of the people who have seen the movie from what I've heard say it in know way turns him into "AMURICAN BADASS", it kinda seems like a bunch of people who haven't seen it making assumptions based on trailers and idiots who see any movie with soldiers in modern war going "HELL YEAH, I NEVER KNEW HOW EVIL THOSE PEOPLE WE'RE FIGHTING ARE".

I'm almost certain a pretty obvious anti-war movie was made a while back that had people unironically making those same kinds of tweets.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 21, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

JayO, I'm telling you this cuz you're my postin pal and fellow Correct-Opinion-on-FMAB- Haver, you could not possibly come off as more of an arrogant blowhard in this post if you signed it Of SCIENCE!!!

That seemed like a pretty normal opinion on a movie dude. Like, I don't agree and all but it's literally just a review of a movie.

Hey guys, The Attitude Era Podcast did a review of King of the Ring 2000 aka one of the worst shows in the best year of wrestling ever. Thrill as you know 2 matches in who the King of the Ring will be, Chill at one of the worst matches ever when two old men fight each other in evening gowns, and get ready for a mega match of a six man tag where most of the tag members do literally nothing for 15 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 22, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Liar Lyre posted:

That hardcore evening gown match has to be seen to be believed. I don't expect everyone to have the WWE Network, so here's a clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tdOJw0AGqs

What's great about this is that it's so drat obvious this was only done because Vince has an awful sense of humor. He was the only person who found that poo poo funny and of course he'd cram it on a PPV. I love how you can tell JR is just barely containing his loathing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Benny the Snake posted:

I read Vice :shrug: Is the gooncensus not good about it?

The best description of Vice I've heard is "Fratboy CNN". There's a lot of cool stuff there, but way too many of their documentaries are littered with embarrassing attempts by the documentarion to desperately inject himself into the story or essentially go "poo poo man this is.....messed up, like, wow man never knew about this!" because he has literally nothing of worth to say on the topic. A good example I watched recently is on Snake Island, a small island covered in incredibly deadly snakes. It's a very interesting topic but half the drat show was the guy going "Oh man! This sure is scary! I sure hope no mean old snake bites me!" over and over like holy poo poo dude, we loving get it, how about just filming the drat island and the people who go to it.

Vice has also made some of the most egregious examples of clickbaity poo poo I've ever seen on their site since they'll put up articles that are basically "Why (insert popular movie/TV show/album) is poo poo and you're a loving idiot for liking it" that are pure concentrated :smug: so they can rile people up in the comments section.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 1, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

TheMaestroso posted:

Listening to the first episode of WEE, and both hosts have declared that they enjoy Ke$ha... :negative:

Yeah as others have said Ke$ha rules. Come on is a super fun song. She knows she makes stupid as hell party music but she has a loving blast doing it and I respect that. She's also apparantly incredibly smart.

Huffington Post posted:

Yes, that Ke$ha. A 2010 cover story in Seventeen magazine claimed she was a near-genius with an IQ of 140 and Ke$ha told NPR that she scored a near-perfect 1500 on her SATs, back when the high score was 1600.
Entertainment Weekly and Esquire both reported that she was offered a scholarship to prestigious Columbia-affiliated Barnard College to study psychology. Instead, she dropped out of high-school at 17 to be a pop star, later.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/08/28/smart-musicians_n_3745731.html

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jay O posted:

Todd's year-end list was cool, and this is actually the most it's ever overlapped with mine. (8/10 same entries, slightly different spots. Was genuinely surprised to see Birthday and Ain't it Fun on there, but in hindsight I shouldn't be because WHAT ELSE WAS THERE THIS YEAR.) The similarity between lists is not a good thing, though. Usually there's enough good stuff in the year that it's more like 4 or 5 out of 10, because there's enough good stuff to split across our fairly different tastes as pop nerds. This year there was so little that was really listenable at all that it's pretty much all the same stuff. :negative: At least it was a nice year for movies. :downs: But a bad year for animated movies. :saddowns: 2014 is best left in the past as far as internet and pop culture goes, truth be told.

Also fourth-ing or fifth-ing that Ke$ha is awesome.

I'll honestly say that Birthday is easily Katy Perry's absolute best song. The lyrics are dumb as all hell but, again, it's such an absolutely FUN song. I really wish she'd stick with that stuff and stop with ~inspirational~ songs or whatever the hell Dark Horse was.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Ke$ha also has one over on Perry in that I can't think of one really really BAD song by her. She's had duds, and Blah Blah Blah is the closest she comes to terrible (I still contend that most of the blame for that song lies with 3OH!3 who are horrifyingly bad in it) whereas Perry had a string of alright to awesome songs (This Friday Night is another awesome as hell song) but has hit horrible HORRIBLE lows.

I honestly think Roar is one of the worst pop songs in the past 5 years. It's almost a parody of Firework.

Edit: V Holy poo poo I never heard it and that was embarrassingly bad. Birthday's lyrics are bad, but they're fun and stupid enough that it doesn't matter and it's the charm of the song. That was just holy poo poo

Also: "Now we talking astrology, getting our nails did, all Japanese-y" :stare:

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 2, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Wrageowrapper posted:

I don't know anything about games because I'm horrible but I thought Other M was the American version and people were upset because those filthy gaijin ruined a good series. Or have I mistaken that for Silent Hill/Resident Evil? Or all of the above? Anyway Sucker Punch is still a godawful movie.

Other M is a game where the main protagonist freezes in fear and sheer mind numbing horror because a secondary antagonist she's kicked the poo poo out of multiple times shows up.

It's also the game where the lead refuses to put on armor to prevent herself from literally cooking to death until her superior officer tells her it's ok.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

PassTheRemote posted:

She also does not get to fight the ice resistant metroids, the man will do that for her. She also does not get to fight the final boss, she aims at her, and then the men come and do the job for her.

The voice acting is also pretty bad, especially Samus. I think she is narrating the game while hopped up on valium.

"But then...I thought about.....the Baby. How it saved me. Perhaps....that is why......I feel this way. :geno:"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Attitude Era podcast is bad with the horrendous WWE Originals CD https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast

Ever want to hear Rey Mysterio sing a song called "Crossing Borders" ? Or 4 songs by Stone Cold? This is for you!

With an extra disucssion of the best and worst of entrance themes. Bray Wyatt still has the best :colbert:

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Tracula posted:

Anyone I know that's into wrassling absolutely loves Wyatt's entrance with the arena going dark and all his little "fireflies" lighting up as he walks to the ring.

It kills me that Wyatt's been used so loving badly. A dude whose gimmick is essentially being the crazy guy from True Detective who has really good promo skills and really good in ring work sounds loving awesome. His whole entrance his amazing.

Seriously, if you don't watch wrestling at least try to check out the Shield Vs. Wyatt Family match from last year's Elimination Chamber, it's so awesome.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Kimble Justice did his Streets of Rage retrospective a little while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLPfL4jsZvg

Streets of Rage might be my favorite Genesis game series, I played 2 constantly and 3 a lot too. I was never a fan of 1, I guess the lack of enemy health bars kind of bugged me.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jsor posted:

I've never watched them before, but I think I'll give it a go for Streets of Rage. Though I only ever had the first one. I spent a lot of time playing that and Golden Axe.

You're in luck! Kimble's done a Golden Axe retrospective too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2XMXpqZnOQ

I've played GA3 on that Genesis compilation they released a few years back and it's...not terrible. The graphics are middle of the road Genesis and it's nothing spectacular, but it's okay.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Colgate posted:

I'm looking for a recommendation on game critics, since I'm rather new to watching them. I've been watching ProJared for awhile, and I like the way he does things. Is there any more like his?

BrutalMoose and Caddicarus are both pretty similar in style.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

:agreed: I do think that it is possible to do fun, positive, informative videos about good/great/competent movies but it is hard to make them funny. Personally, I don't need humour to make me watch such a video (for example, I previously mentioned Oliver Harper as a fun reviewer who is essentially informative, his channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?ollyh82 ). But I think Spoony's schtick is humour or anger for reviews. For Counter Monkey he can add enthusiasm and pleasure, which is what makes the best of those videos (and the Reb Brown reviews) the high points of his post-meltdown output.

Remember that he admitted in his interview with Doug Walker that the Ultima series was a real exception for him in that it was genuinely enthusiastic and analytic but was essentially a set-up for the final review so he could vent his hatred and anger against the final Ultima game. I found that last video unwatchable and it is really depressing that he only did those fun, cool informative videos at the start just so he could deliver a :airquote: slamdown :airquote: on a game that was pretty poorly thought out and disappointing.

tl;dr: Internet rage :argh: the most profitable kind of rage.

I think the problem for me is that Spoony's gotten to the point where it seems like he just seems miserable and not ANGRY. Compare say, Highlander 2 videos to the Wrestle Wrestle stuff recently. He just seems tired and miserable. You're totally right in that the final 2 Ultimate reviews (the two parter) were really bad. The 8 review was a perfect mix of being funny, informative and angry. 9 was just a nonstop barrage of the same 3 jokes over and over and over and that Betrayal thing was really annoying.

I think Spoony works best when he's not trying so drat hard to be ANGRY REVIEWER MAN and just lets his annoyance with problems in the film or game work.

This is an older review but I mentioned Brutal Moose before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Oo61X8LXI In this he looks at a really really weird budget PC game.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Colgate posted:

I saw that Spoony's latest Wrestle Wrestle thing about the Royal Rumble was nearly two hours long, and I'm wondering how anyone can talk about a wrestling PPV for that long. Holy poo poo.

It's actually very possible AND possible make it enjoyable to listen to. Here's the secret though: You have to have interesting things to add. I've been beating the horse of the AE podcast but here, compare that Royal Rumble video to this: https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/king-of-the-ring-2000.

Now it's unfair in a few ways because this is three people doing it, but I'm sure Spoony can find people who are interested in wrestling he can talk about it with. It's all about actually discussing the issues with like minded people and having interesting things to say. The other thing is, that PPV the AE podcast looked at is MILES worse than the Royal Rumble yet it's STILL interesting and funny to listen to.

It's just that Spoony's just burnt out at this point.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rebochan posted:

Yea, I'm pretty sure Alan Moore isn't playing a character unlike pretty much all internet critics. He's like legitimately that crazy, and he gets mad props for that.

wikipedia posted:

Following his "coming out" as a magician in 1993, the English comic book writer and occultist Alan Moore has declared himself a devotee of Glycon, and has cheerfully admitted in interviews the absurdity of worshiping a probable fraud. Moore has declared he considers all ideas (including fictions) in some sense, "real". He has performed spoken word under the name of the Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels. With Steve Moore, Alan Moore is preparing a book — entitled The Moon and Serpent Bumper Book of Magic, which will detail the history of magic, and particularly the histories of both Alexander and Glycon.

Alan Moore loving rules.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Bioshock is an above average game that either gets undue praise or undue hatred for it's hype. It's a shooter with a interesting story, gameplay system and voice acting that's just been overhyped.

Bioshock 2 is leagues better anyway and is a legitimately amazing game.

Rebochan posted:

Todd's patreon pushed past $1000, so we should be seeing a new Top Ten Worst Songs list.

Talking about Todd reminded me that a day I thought would never arrive has happened: I really really really like a new Maroon 5 song. Sugar is kinda great :negative:

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 3, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

I can tolerate people saying Far Cry 4's story is better than 3's because it's technically better executed while having zero artistic ambition; but if you're saying Bioshock 2's story is better than Bioshock's then you're almost objectively wrong.

Bioshock 2 has the huge problem of cramming in a huge character into the mythos that was nowhere in the first game, but I though Lamb was a much better antagonist than Ryan. Ryan was interesting but Lamb's attitude of calm, detached certainty in the goodness of her actions made her much more chilling to me. She was doing horrific things but she completely justified every one of them whereas Ryan just seemed like a flat sort of douchebag to me. Plus the game was MUCH more refined.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 3, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The Attitude Era podcast is back with a review of Fully Loaded 2000, one of the best shows of the Attitude Era: https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/fully-loaded-2000

Commissioner Foley is such a wonderful memory from my childhood, we're hitting peak wrestling memories from my childhood now. :allears: I had also completely forgotten that Benoit was pushed into the upper card so soon, hell I didn't realize he even had a match with Rock.

The continuing adventures of American Badass Undertaker as well. That gimmick has aged so loving badly. "LEMME TELL YA'LL BOUT THESE DOGS IN THIS HERE YARD. SEE I'M THE BIG DOG HERE AND THAT RING IS MY YARD AND" holy poo poo those promos were unbearable.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 8, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Hbomberguy posted:

"Movies can only have a rotten tomatoes score of over 90% before they're worthy of being thought about. It's not worth thinking about if it's bad, and it's bad because I say it's bad - although I didn't think about why too much because overthinking bad movies is bad."

I think they were making a joke dude, simmer down a notch.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah Season 1 is pretty drat rough.

I'd say that Sidehackers is a pretty awkward episode. If you don't know, this is the episode where they started their policy of screening films before picking them because they didn't realize there was a brutal rape/murder scene in it and had to cut it out of the episode. Since that was a pretty major scene it sort of left them in a weird position where they had to basically go "Uh, So that character is dead everybody" to catch the viewers up to speed. The movie in general is pretty loving dark, which can be worked with like Girl in Lovers Lane, but the whole movie is gross and weird so the crew is just sort of left wandering around trying to make jokes where they can.

I'd say my favorite episode is I Accuse My Parents, it's sadly overlooked but has some of the best jokes in the series in my opinion. The burger joint owner is a delight.

Whats the general consensus on the Hamlet episode? I liked it because it felt like an interesting idea but I can see people disliking it.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 19, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Jsor posted:

Oh hey, I haven't checked in a while, what's going on with Spoon...

oh, another month of wrestling.

E: Gonna be honest, I have no idea, his wrestling videos could be the most tightly edited, polished, funny, insightful reviews known to man. But I have negative interest in wrestling so I ain't watchin em.

In all fairness to Spoony we're coming up to what might be the biggest clusterfuck of a Wrestlemania in WWE history so there is a lot of poo poo to talk about. I'm talking good chance of the show being booed out of the building bad here.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BigRed0427 posted:

I wanna strap him into a chair and force him to watch New Japan Pro and Ring of Honor. Maybe some Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Then maybe he will realize, like I did, that you don't need the WWE anymore to watch great wrestling.

poo poo he could just watch NXT if needs WWE style stuff.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

MonsieurChoc posted:

It got me to look into more fun wrestling history, despite never having watched a wrestling match in my life either. The fall of WCW is an amazing tragicomedy.

In this same vein, even if you're not really interested in Wrestling PLEASE read The Death of WCW. It's one of the most insane business/sports stories ever written. Read how a company went from one of the biggest things in pop culture in the 90's to an absolute trainwreck of wasted money and ego.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Ghostpilot posted:

Likewise! I stopped watching wrestling in earnest early in my teens (around Wrestlemania IX), but in recent years (largely due to Wrestle Wrestle, come to think of it) I've gotten into the culture of it. It's endlessly fascinating!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ap2si_stone-cold-vs-bret-hart-wrestlemania-13-with-austin-s-commentary_sport

This is Steve Austin's commentary on the match that kicked his career into high gear: his submission match vs Bret "the Hitman" Hart. The first 2:15 minutes is the buildup to the match, but his blow-by-blow commentary kicks off from there. Gives a whole new appreciation for what (good) wrestlers are capable of.

Austin also did a play by play of his Wrestlemania X7 match with Rock. It's amazing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

PassTheRemote posted:

Roman also has an issue in that he cannot talk, so he cannot get people invested into his matches. It's not that Roman cannot be the guy, it's just right now this is too early for him. The major problem is that WWE have not been building other top guys to take Cena's place.

This really can not be overstated. Reigns is loving abysmal on the mic and it really really hurts him. If they gave the guy some training on the mic and some more training and time he'd be fine. The biggest tragedy of the whole thing is that Roman can VERY easily become a massive player the fans would adore but he's so obviously not ready and Vince so obviously doesn't give a gently caress what people think that the fanbase is turning on him badly.

There's an almost 95% chance that if Roman wins, despite being booked as the hero, he's going to be booed out of the arena. That really really loving sucks because Roman seems like a legitimately nice dude whose just being utilized really really badly.

Also the other big problem for Wrestlemania is the rest of the card is pretty poo poo in general.It might not be the worst Wrestlemania, but it might be the most boring/forgettable aside from the crowd reaction to the end.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Whoolighams posted:

Not to make too much wrestlechat, but last year Reigns was one of the last two left in the Royal Rumble, and people were tearing off the roof at the possibility of him winning the whole shebang. One year later, he actually wins and ends up getting booed while the Rock raises his hand-that's ridiculous.

In all fairness as I recall most of the cheers were over him making sure Batista, who was everyone knew was going to a part-timer, didn't win the Rumble plus he wasen't being crammed down people's throats. Like people are saying, Roman's not TERRIBLE, he's just nowhere near ready.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
An author isn't entitled to show an ending the audience wants. That's why I've never really subscribed to the backlash to the Harry Potter ending or things of that nature. As long as the author has followed the threads they set down in a way that makes sense they can do whatever they want if they're a good enough writer.

The point is this though, you better have a drat good backup idea if you're just going to throw away a ready made, fan favorite storyarc/idea that makes total sense and everyone is waiting for. If Vince had some amazing plan in place that was even better than Bryan winning then he could have done it, the backlash would fade because it would be worth it. The problem is the ideas he have are all "gently caress the fans, they don't know what they want, I DO!".

Jimbot posted:

On the subject of wrestling I really liked that Max Landis documentary-like thing on the subject: video

I mean, I was an Attitude person. I kind of fell off watching it around 2003-2004, so most of what he is talking about I remember. But man, wrestling back then was weird and dumb. And it sounds like instead of having a shitload of these superstars they kind of put all their effort behind John Cena. I kind of entertained the thought of getting the WWE network and watching the Attitude stuff I grew up on to see how bad the bad stuff was and to see why I fondly remember The Rock and Steve Austin (and his feud with Vince) and Mankind becoming Dude Love and doing a flying elbow drop off the top of the cage on to HHH, and to see if it holds up.

I'd say get the Network. It's seriously worth it for the backlog and NXT is loving amazing.

V----- I think that the reason is that while yeah, the Attitude era had a lot, a looooooooooooot of lows (there was a female wrestling stable called PMS, there was miscarriage angle) the highs were so loving good that it sort of takes over in people's memories.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 23, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

:stare:

I really don't know what to say, and let's leave it at that. Wrestling! I always thought it was something dumb for my little brother, but I guess people care about it. Spoony's videos are a bit intimidating, is there any guide or history to a newcomer?

E. watching the Landis video

Death of WCW is a pretty good look at some wrestling history mixed with an insane business story. The Attitude Era podcast is also a great look at that era for newcomers. The OSW podcast looks at the Hulkamania era and New Generation podcast looks at the era right after that. AE is the best though.

If you wanna check it out, try the WWE Network, there's usually a free month going on at some point to try and it's 10 bucks a month so you can binge on all the older stuff while getting all the new PPVs streaming live free. It also has NXT which is the best wrestling going right now in the mainstream.

V-----Yup, most of their original content is pretty good. Monday Night Wars is very much 'history written by the victors' at times so be aware of that. Countdown is really really fun and they put up great documentaries on wrestlers, tag teams and different events in particular to check out every so often.

Also be sure to check out the Stone Cold podcast interviews with HHH and Vince as they're REALLY good looks behind the scenes of the business.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 23, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

Three hour RAW is loving absurd and anybody with sense should know that. Unless you're making a Sherlock or a Wallander, where a season of the show is more like a collection of shortish TV movies, no episodic television program should clock in over an hour. Period.

2 hour shows were pretty good for a long rear end time. Gives enough time for everyone to get their stories on track AND have matches. Wrestling is different from a normal episodic show in that you still need to have the actual 'sport' occur as well.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

DStecks posted:

Does everybody have to wrestle every week, though? One of the reasons I stopped watching wrestling was that WWE just cannot come up with enough material for every angle to be developed every week in a meaningful way, so it just devolved into 2 and a half hours of the mid-carders trading wins, sandwiched with Triple H promos and a main event that would maybe set something up, maybe.

All I'm saying is that 3 hour RAW means a Christopher Nolan movie every single week. To call that a herculean writing challenge would be understating it, and it's not a challenge that WWE's completely top-down every-word-scripted writing style can handle with any level of quality.

I'm totally agreeing that three hour RAWs are insane and should get cut down to two, or if they legally obligated to fill that hour due to contract poo poo or whatever, fill it with NXT guys and gals. A two hour show is the ideal as, with good writers, it'd be easy to fill with everyone's stories, matches etc.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So was there one defining event that's causing this mass exodus of producers from The Escapist or is it just people leaving?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
BillyMC and LimePopsicle are delightful :allears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHz9dyfYLRQ

It's impossible to not smile at these videos.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Madoka at least made sense because it's well recieved as I recall, the general consensus of this show as far as I can see is that it's bland and worthless. Why would you even bother spending 600 bucks to make this poor guy trudge through something he clearly doesn't give a poo poo about? Why not ask for like an episode and see that "Oh, he clearly hates it, welp better not spend an absurd amount of money on it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Max Wilco posted:

I think I only watched the first video, and maybe part of the second. I gave up on it after that, though.

I was debating over the last couple of days on whether I should post this or not, but since Kickassia was brought up, I might as well. Angry Joe's announcement about dropping his coverage on Nintendo videos was brought up in the Let's Play Crap Shoot Thread. In response, somebody linked to this account from someone who was hired to help with the sound production for Kickassia.

"Talking about me HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?"

I can just picture that and it's amazing, he said it in the post but that sounds exactly like a Curb Your Enthusiasm joke.

• Locked thread