Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Starbound literally just crashed my computer and I lost an hour's worth of pointless mining "progress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if you were able to open up your single player universe to anyone who wanted to join? Like some sort of on-the-fly dedicated server, LAN-style, but for online. For how large this game is, it's pretty drat lonely, and I'd love for there to be some sort of better multiplayer support (like a single player game just automatically doubles as a potential multiplayer game) or at least way more convincing npcs, as I mentioned before (have some npcs travel around the universe, and maybe visit you).

The multiplayer server you can host and your single player universe are literally the same. The only difference being that people can't join if you only start single player.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Zombie Samurai posted:

The controls really are pretty bad, honestly. You have this weird half-momentum half-air-control thing going on when you jump, and it's even worse if your mouse isn't pointing the right way. It's not nearly as tight or responsive as it should be.

Jumping is literally like in the first SMB game on NES, but without a run button.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I would really like a design-your-own-planet mod at the endgame. Some kind of Genesis Device that lets you pick the biome, tree types, creature types, weather, background, etc and create a planet.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Not quite, but you CAN put it where turds come from I hear.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

It really isn't registering alongside all the games other glaring issues.

Starbound. So bad that even awful problems go unnoticed.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
lol starbound

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Kly posted:

starbound is likely never going to be worth playing and the only reason you should keep this thread bookmarked is as a constant reminder of what a dummy you were for thinking it would ever be good

I truly do just keep up with this thread to keep myself from buying early access, preorders, and kickstarters. Saved me a lot of money so far. (At the cost of my soul.)

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
In hindsight I should have cheated and given him way more gold.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Minecraft is loads better than Starbound because you can actually do what you want in it.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Silento Boborachi posted:

Any ideas on what to do with liquids causing huge amounts of lag?

Eonwe posted:

put it in my rear end and mouth

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Supernorn posted:

Thank you Richard.

Lol

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Supernorn, if you manage to get Chucklefish to donate $100 to Bernie Sanders' campaign, I will never post anything negative about Starbound anywhere on the internet ever again.

:toxx:

pwnyXpress fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 14, 2015

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Supernorn posted:

I'm not bitter at all! Sorry if you're reading it that way. Let's keep that criticism pointed at the game though, okay.

Thanks for the tree comments. Pretty happy with how it's looking, just need to expand on it a bit further.

Eonwe I looked it up and I have to be an American to donate. Am I going to be arrested in the middle of the night if I make a donation?

I edited in my toxx.

Also, I'm sure you have an American friend you can funnel the money through. Wouldn't want foreigners buying our elections when multinational corporations can. :bernget:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

QuantaStarFire posted:

"The game's coming along fine, I guess. Here's the duck gun we just added, along with a picture of a walrus thing. See you tomorrow! 'Update when?' Uhh...seeyoutomorrow!"

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Looks like a BRAWWL in here.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
you know guys I've givven it alot a thought and the one of starbounds main problems is

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Guys here's my plan to make Starbound better:

*posts this thread and the previous one in their entirety*

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

NotALizardman posted:

"Don't play starbound" is pretty good advice to be fair.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
I have a good feeling too.

Oh wait, nope, just gas.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah performance is weird I've tried all of the different launcher options but this game brings my i7 +970 to single digits doesn't make any sense.

Well crap and I just ordered a brand new Lenovo Y50 just for this game, and it only has a 960! Thanks for making me spend more than $1000 on this awful trash, chucklesfish.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

I, too, like this game.

lol

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Patware posted:

i don't like that nearly all the blocks i mine up are completely useless - compare to terraria where i believe at this point every single block can be processed into a building material

i don't like how the random weapon generation turned out - i have never found an interesting weapon beyond the initial 'heh!' of an axe that shot bones

i don't like that biomes are meaningless - finding a biome should mean finding unique materials to make some kind of esoteric gear, and it should contain monsters specifically themed to that biome somehow

i don't like being punished for hitting sand from below rather than up on accident - why the gently caress is the ore in the sand itself, if you're going to do that the ore should be spawning on solid blocks that just won't fall if the sand goes, that's a way better fix than magically vanishing ore

i don't like slow backwards walking. i don't like that farming requires me to pull some minecraft aspie poo poo to work /at all/ as opposed to efficiently (that's fine! it's totally fine to have your inefficient casual way and your hyper efficient logic gate poo poo). i don't like the incredibly rigid tier-based progression gating. i don't like that tenants throw items around randomly or whatever rather than providing specific services. i don't like that i have to shove bullshit into a 3D Printer physically to craft basically any furniture - why not a scanning item that incurs some other kind of cost? i don't like that i have to comb over ten planets just to get a double jump.

i like the music. i like the art. i like all the little extravagant animations. i like the inventiveness in some of the environments. i like what starbound is /trying/ with the combat even if it doesn't succeed without, like, dashes and rolls and faster movement in general. i really loving want to like starbound but playing it feels sisyphean. instead of getting cooler and stronger and better each tier feels like starting the entire game over but maybe i can mine a little bit better.

i don't like alpacas.

starbungled

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
my fav part of starbound is getting sick of the grind and cheating all the needed stuff into my inventory to skip it, then realizing that after the grind there really isn't much to do because the fun creative stuff is borked and quitting

that was a good day

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
lol starbound

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
is there seriously talk about starting a new thread for this dumb bad awful game

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Starbound: is there seriously talk about starting a new thread for this dumb bad awful game

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/585/
I haven't tried it personally but if you actually do want to enjoy Starbound this mod seems like a good bet. It adds about a thousand things and makes countless tweaks, like removing the slowdown when walking backwards, re-adding bosses, disabling content gates, and reintroducing old features that were removed for re-balancing and then never re-added. Might be cool if you like that kind of thing.

If anything, this is a nice list of stuff showing how terrible starbound is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

victrix posted:

This is my favorite comedy thread on SA

truly though, it was a good replacement for the Sim City thread when that one went dry, but this one has just kept on giving

• Locked thread