Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

Can people try my mod and give me feedback?

Taking a gander and will post in a bit with my review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The syntax for the mod packer is [packer location] [folder you're making] [name of file in folder you're making] right?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Unpacked the file for energy-use rate for guns, but launching with it as its own mod causes a crash/exception for trying to load the same file twice. I assume its due to the unpacked pak file being used primarily. Its a function file.

There any way to bypass that, or do I have to pack/modpack the file into its own little poo poo file?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

Hot tip make animated signs in the outpost. make one that says bad game and place it in your ship

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: How the hell do you get out of the outpost? And why can't I talk to the Illegal goods merchant? The game treats it like it's not an object or vendor, or anything really.

Gotta go back to the gate and use the tele, then warp back to ship. Its weird.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It doesnt prompt ya, which is the weird thing. You're just able to port to ship, like on the surface of a normal planet.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fermented Tinal posted:

Anyone know where I go to find uranium? Is it on moons like Plutonium is or do I have to find a Radioactive planet?

Seems to be radioactive planets.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nope, they're specifically specified in the description to be highly radioactive. They can be any biome it seems.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eonwe posted:

yea this pretty much

if updates come out then people will just be enjoying the game

thats how Games threads in TYOOL 2015 work

Exactly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lack of checkpoints is my big issue really with boss fights. But IDK if the game engine supports them.

Man it'd be great to make a joke about support/gameplay right now. But its too soon. Too soon.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

So I just got this game this morning (rip me) and I'm wondering if there's any tips you guys have for completely new player that doesn't involve uninstalling. Are there any must-have mods I should look at?

I got this game because sale and I really liked terraria and I'm lioking for simething that smells "new."

Turtilicious's cave mod he linked is loving baller. Cant recommend it enough. The Illuminated Ore mod as well.

I'd upload my "Make guns and shields and poo poo OP" mod but I'm banned from the forums :shrug:

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 31, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ambaire posted:

Also, I think it's awesome that the matter manipulator is now your endgame mining tool. It's a bit of a pain to get the first speed upgrade, but I had the best luck just going to an average difficulty world and chewing it up with diamond/platinum pickaxes.

Same, overall. Now double each speed upgrade's effect, and make the final area it removes 6x6 and we're good to go :getin:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I havent seen any ship-upgrade quests aside from the ones related to letting you move/FTL poo poo. Are we able to expand the size yet?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dely Apple posted:

People sure a lot more lethal than I remember. I may only be in iron and have a dinky plasma rifle, but they have... that, but more lethal!

Did you make sure to type /admin spawngun 10 ?

Its very important to do so. Always.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tin Tim posted:

Oh wow, they don't do that anymore? Didn't really catch that so far. Welp, gotta go fast! Good thing I have the dash tech as my first pick

And it's good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the movement controls suck!

Wonder how much of this can be somehow bypassed by Tech mods somehow? poo poo like a "slam-the-gently caress-down from the air" tech, etc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Afraid of Audio posted:

Goons are incredibly easy to impress it seems.

I'd give it at most 3 weeks. Sans massive modder influence.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

XboxPants posted:

Really there's no longer a "super best storage" item.

My character's rear end begs to differ.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Also just FYI, you can craft guns once you get to Tier... whatever Rubium/Aegisalt/Blue poo poo is.

They're quite good. Doesnt seem to be racially restricted either, though I only did it on Human.

EDIT: VV Fully agreed

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can gently caress with ore and poo poo, so I imagine they can.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

They chose some weird thing too. Was that skyrails mod IIRC. And it was an end-tier tech too, which was odd.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Boat tech is a good start. Minisub that can blast poo poo would be a cool upgrade to see eventually.

I wish poo poo like that in Starbound felt more material though. Like the Mechs etc, you just click a tech and VOILA! There's no real sense of the object being "there" aside from visually (and of course in blowing poo poo up) because its kind of just a giant sprite/weapon swap. You even keep your stats (HP, energy etc) for the most part.

And summoning the Jeep etc in midair.

Anyone else think this poo poo's kinda lame?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oddium posted:

These mods.... Look good...... !!

Definitely

loving "STELLAR" work, Vin Rib.

Haha a pun!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Take the current energy-per-damage scaling and half it.

Guns feel alot better. It isnt 100% fixed, but it helps a ton. Fast-shooters are still garbage though.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wish there was a "Dont pick up bricks/tiles" option, really.

That'd be delightful.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Mattybee posted:

Hey guys I threw together a mod that lets you upgrade the matter manipulator more until it becomes a 6x6 beast with much more power.

I don't know how "balanced" it is but it's way more fun. If your character already has a maxed out MM, you'll need to do the following:

code:
/aicommand upgradeBeamaxe6
Otherwise everything should work pretty well - please tell me if there are any issues!

Owns. Tyvm!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

XboxPants posted:

It doesn't, but if that's all you want you can just simulate it with a breathable liquid that you pass through with normal air physics, make it invisible or whatever if you want.

Thats actually a loving excellent idea

Also everything Mutata posted.

http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Hexxus

Hexxus shall be my Ship AI.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ferngully/images/0/07/The_Leveler.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130627025712

This shall be my steed.

Hail Satan.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

why dont you take that attitude to the game dev thread and see where that gets you.

S-s-s-slam dunked

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oddium posted:

Thank goodness it was just a misunderstanding. Of course my offer still stands, for anyone. Stay safe

god bless

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Asimo posted:

Starbound, still a bad game.

If Afraid of Audio isnt saying it, I'm skeptical.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Looks legit, yeah. Takes Terraria's system and refines it a bit more.

I'm for it.

Yep, seems good in concept. Hoping execution goes nicely. I'd colonize more nooks and crannies than a MRSA outbreak.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vib Rib posted:

You can do that in Terraria and Minecraft, too. There's only so much freeform building games can do to keep you from walling in your enemies and biting their ankles.

Know what other game you can do it in?

Dark Souls.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Section Z posted:

Gotta admit, I watched this way too long expecting it to result in the enemy dying after the 12th stab-

Oh. My God. This isn't a gif at all! It is a tiny link to a livesteam!

:eyepop:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Asimo posted:

Starbound is a bad game, hth

This is highly disputable, but the person who disputes it needs to be ready to admit they were wrong in advance because Starbound is, indeed, a bad game.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

Not an emptyquote.
Sandsurfing was really nice, and a fun thing for cool people to do.

Imagine an entire planet of sand.

Also what Brussom said.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Supernorn posted:

On Friday I worked on the parallax backgrounds so the forests actually look like forests now. I'll do a little more work on Monday so the trees always match up.

This looks drat good. Helps tremendously with the immersion and knowing "Oh im in a loving forest, not a copse of poo poo-trees"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Rrussom posted:

I find the fact that this game has only two very defined genders as male and female to be very problematic.

A polite applause and laughter from the audience. A single individual even goes so far as to "Woo!" in support.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

This is how they used to be. I haven't played with the new ones so I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnhk6bQK_CU

So cool as Hell, but with a random Energy fee tagged on just because lol balance :(

Starboundy as gently caress.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oddium posted:

rest in peace magmarashi :pray:

I am glad of it!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Starbound is, in my book, easily equal in its folly and lack of direction as most phone played shovel-ware. It would have been more aptly (and honestly) titled "Trashbound: poo poo Game: Baby Edition".

It is a drat shame that the Chucklefish office wasnt included in Hatred.

I would fight anyone in that company photo, and I could confidently win. I could beat up Chucklefish.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Afraid of Audio posted:

You seem like a cool fellow who certainly is very mellow.

I am very sorry, this game just gets to me. I was one of four friends who bought it, and one of them couldnt get it to run at all. As a result, I feel like I'm carrying an extra 25% load of dissatisfaction when I would play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

QUACKTASTIC posted:

This game is fart.

Nice!

• Locked thread