Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I need the next episode now. I gotta fix this!

This game is so good. I really hope the last episode comes out quicker than this one did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait for the sequel Life is Stranger!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Max, if you rewind to the red photo, the storm will destroy the city. If you go to the blue photo, you will control the storm. If you go to the green photo then everyone will become a living storm.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drakes posted:

I didn't save Kate in my game, infact I kinda thought it was supposed to happen and be all part of the plot. Like throwing out that Max's power isn't almighty and how she can't save anything.

Well yeah, Max either saves her or doesn't based upon how you have Max treat her or erase negative things and remember things about her. Her power has nothing to do with saving Kate.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I'm waiting for the Ep 5 scene where the superpowered assassins come to kill Max for disrupting the timeline. Max gets a gun and the game turns into an FPS with time-rewind.

They don't call her Mad Max for nothing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jia posted:

You agreed to go on a date and now you wonder why people think you're dating?

It doesn't mean it's a date. Especially if Max and Chloe are five seconds away from eloping.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ekusukariba posted:

Max straight up calls it a date at one point

Not in my playthrough!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think at least one of the endings will be a good one. Everyone is all about the theory that Chloe has to die because that's what the universe wants. I think it's the opposite, since Max only gets her powers in order to save Chloe.

So I think the good ending is getting Chloe to survive. And I don't think Max would die in any of the endings.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There are a few points in the game where you take a selfie that are unavoidable. The classroom, Max's room, the bathroom (reflection with the butterfly), Chloe's room, and with Warren.

I figure episode 5 will have you going to some or all of those to first undo what happens at the end of episode 4, then to try and stop the storm or something.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Why on the same night as Victoria, though? I think he learned that Max & Chloe were catching onto his scheme and had to quickly get them out of the picture. I do think he suspects there's something more to Max but I'm not sure how that's all gonna shake out yet.

I think that Max was always the person he wanted, and Victoria was plan B. He wanted Max to enter because he would have chosen her as the winner, which would have gotten some private time with her. He keeps pushing her to enter and holds off announcing the winner for as long as he can, and only goes with Victoria after Max doesn't enter.

Then he found out that Max and Chloe had discovered the dark room, but didn't know of his involvement. So he went and kidnapped Max, who he's always had his eye on, and Chloe was just someone to get rid of. I think Victoria is still going to end up in the dark room, but depending on if Max warned her and if she believed it, either help Max out by pretending to be drugged, or just actually be drugged.

David will probably show up to be the actual person who saves Max and bitchslap Jefferson for killing Chloe. Then Max will use one of her selfies to go back and change everything that happened.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Well, one other thing is that it's Victoria's empty binder we see next in the dark room file cabinet. I don't remember even seeing one there for Max although I could be mistaken. And Nathan seems clearly under orders to drug + nab Victoria after the party. Blondes seem to be more Jefferson's type, although I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence.

The binder for Victoria only shows up on that night, though. We see those binders at the end of a couple episodes and Kate's is always the last.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Well exactly. If they didn't make you experience it already every smug professional whiner from here to Portland would be complaining about the rear end-pull final episode superpower outta nowhere of travelling through selfies. At least it's been established already while also serving a purpose in terms of showing the depth of Max and Chloe's relationship, the huge implications of loving about with history, and just how far Max is prepared to go for her BFF.

Right, what you take away from that is the fact that Max is never going to abandon Chloe again. This is why I think all those theories about Max having to let Chloe die to save the city are on the wrong track. Max would never choose to abandon or let Chloe die after going through what she did in episode 4.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Junkfist posted:

If the audience knows more than the main character in a mystery or suspense then we have the additional problem of not being able to sympathize with the protagonist, their plight and their emotional state.

I'd say you have some issues if you can't sympathize for Max who just saw her BFF shot in the loving head, was betrayed by her mentor, is drugged up, and knows that she's gonna get posed and probably killed with no hope for anyone to save her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Where can you even see Chloe's phone?

I also totally did three of those things. But anyone who didn't take Kate's call is an rear end in a top hat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

"The deer is Rachel guiding Max" theory seems at odds with the rest of the game's approach toward the supernatural; I don't know how it ever became so popular. I think it's just a symbolic representation of the way that Max now occupies two timelines simultaneously, in the same way that we see the two moons flicker and converge into a single quantum state at the end of Episode 4. Her time travel powers give her the ability to perceive multiple realities at once.

Nah, the deer guides Max through the storm in the first episode, then to where Rachel is buried. Then it looks all sad and poo poo when they find Rachel.

I think it was both hers and Rachel's spirit animal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Moriatti posted:

I didn't find Lisa until chapter 3...

What happens if you want 100% side with David? I felt really bad breaking up him and Joyce, but couldn't justify Max siding with him on... Most issues.

It becomes more clear that he's concerned about the kids at Blackwell, but has totally misread Kate and Max. He knows something bad is going on there and is gathering evidence. He admits he really messed up when it comes to Kate and blames himself for leaving the roof unlocked. He's still kind of a jerk, but usually apologizes afterwards. It's also clear he really cares about Chloe and wants her to get her poo poo together but has no way to relate to her and doesn't know how to talk to her.

He's much more sympathetic if you side with him, and you can see that he's a decent guy but is having a really hard time adjusting or relating with people.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TerminalSaint posted:

David is a modern John Rambo.

I'd enjoy it if David kills Jefferson with an exploding arrow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

epitasis posted:

i find your criticisms tedious

I agree.

All the criticisms are from treating it like a video game where you already know the rules and that it's a work of fiction, rather than immersing yourself in the game and seeing it from Max's POV. She repeatedly says she doesn't want to rely on her powers because she doesn't know if they'll go away, and it taxes her, and it can cause even worse things to happen. Also, the fact that she's a teenage girl and is dealing with some heavy poo poo; it's not going to give her the time to think straight or rationalize after going through so many traumatic experiences.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dolash posted:

How many bluejays are there in Chloe's house?

Actually there's an easy way to settle this, is that nest still in the garage in playthroughs where people let the bluejay die by flying into that window? If it is then I guess it must be from some other bluejay and is no big deal.

Yeah, it's there even if you don't save the bird.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Wire?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think THFFC is The 4400.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, viral marketing is really out of hand these days.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rincewind posted:

where does hitting chloe and filming his own family without their knowledge fit into this master plan

This is why I like the game. David is neither an evil person or a hero. He's just a guy who doesn't know how to adjust to life after war and has no idea how to reach Chloe. He cares about her but can do stupid poo poo like that.

Most of the characters are like that. They're people with good and bad traits, and you can see all sides of them depending on how you interact with them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd like to see more Max and Chloe after this game finishes up. I think they said a sequel would be new characters, but I wanna see them road trip or something.

Like Oregon Trail, and Max has to keep rewinding each time Chloe dies of dysentery.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

shmee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAVQmbNbBs

So they are. I wonder if that'll be available as a free DLC like Witcher 3 did, my wife'd appreciate it.

Now the Japanese will be confused about our school system just like we are with theirs!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

VagueRant posted:

I just hope the ending feels nice and definite. I don't care if it's linear, I don't care if it's exactly what people have predicted with having to go back let Chloe die in the toilets, but I just hope it doesn't end on some headscratching "interpretable" note. Like after a climactic showdown Max looks up into a light in the eye of the storm and says "Wowzers." and it whites out to credits.

Chloe would be the one to say "Hella."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ME3 ended with a cool party on the Citadel so I dunno what all you're talking about!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

sout posted:

So when the 20th rolls around we going back to spoiler tags? It seems silly that someone would read the last page of thread having not completed it but I guess people may not want the other (hopefully) endings to be spoiled?

I'm curious to see whether Rachel features in the next episode too, and in what form, I suspect she has to, right?

I think using tags would be nice for about a week or so. Not everyone will be able to play right away but might want to check in.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

seravid posted:

For all his surveillance gear and paranoia David hadn't found poo poo and was actually hilariously off-track, suspecting Kate of dealing drugs. Not a great endorsement for Big Brother. Although... you only crack the case thanks to Max's Privacy Invasion superpower. In fact, it's the only way to save Kate! You don't go back in time and become a better friend. Nope, you either violated her trust and snooped the hell out of her room and every single personal belonging in there, or she's dead.

So, uh, I guess the lesson here is David didn't install enough cameras.

David was off-track about Kate, but he was on to Jefferson it seems.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Logan is an rear end in a top hat guy (at the Vortex party he hits on Max) who got Dana pregnant and sent her a letter saying he'd help financially. This was probably after leaving her because of her being pregnant. Dana likely has a miscarriage because it seems like she was preparing for motherhood.

Then Dana hooks up with Trevor who is really good to her.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm sad they went with the predictable ending choice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Arcland posted:

I was waiting to try The Wolf Among Us until it was both done and significantly on sale. That's pretty bumming to hear considering it was an instance of Telltales own IP. Although I guess it shouldn't be surprising with how many IP's they had under their belt while they were creating it.

Wolf Among Us is based off the Fables comic book. So no, they didn't create it!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

Anybody? I'm still stuck on this!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find any path out!!!!!!!!! Where do I go????

Just take your time and go around the walls avoiding the flashlight. You can rewind if seen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ape ape ape! Who wants to go ape?

Does someone have all the dialogue said by the characters from the nightmare maze sequence? I wanna see everything. Like I saw a screenshot of Jefferson saying "Rachel not only gave great headshots, but she gave great head too. Especially after I dug her up one last time" and I didn't hear that in my game. It's messed up and I wonder what other things they have there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The ending is very disappointing. I too thought that they would avoid going with a cliched, dark ending.

I'm also sad because I think there is still a lot of life left in the characters, but there's really nowhere to go with them now. A new Life is Strange season with different characters but a similar theme or aesthetic just feels wrong.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DONTNOD should just go full Persona 4 with this series. Make a remix of this season with new twists and characters. Make some cartoons.

Then make fighting and dancing games.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

I watched a bit of the giantbomb quick look on contradiction and it does look amazing. I'd get Persona 4 if it was for PC :(

Buy a Playstation TV. They're like $40 now. Persona 4 is completely worth it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So going back to the datamined stuff from way back in episode 1, here's what episode 5 looked like:

Episode5="Polarized"

Episode5Sub1="Dark Room"

Episode5Sub10="Swimming Pool - Focus"

Episode5Sub11="Cliff - In The Storm"

Episode5Sub12="On The Road - Ending"

Episode5Sub13="High School Toilets - Focus"

Episode5Sub14="Cliff"

Episode5Sub15="Hospital - Ending"

Episode5Sub16="Nightmare"

Episode5Sub2="Dark Room - Focus"

Episode5Sub3="Art Class - Focus"

Episode5Sub4="Plane To San Francisco"

Episode5Sub5="San Francisco's Art Gallery"

Episode5Sub6="Max's Room - Focus"

Episode5Sub7="Chloe's Truck - In The Storm"

Episode5Sub8="E5_5B MainStreet"

Episode5Sub9="Diner - In The Storm"

So somewhere along the line, the ending was definitely changed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I figure they would have made enough money from this game to make a director's cut or GOTY edition or something. It's sold really well, so it doesn't make sense that they would have run out of money. Plus I'm sure they could sell the poo poo out of merchandise and license it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BobTheJanitor posted:

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man Max. There's always a city.

Life is Strange was secretly another Bioshock sequel.

Would you hella please help me find Rachel? Wowser.

• Locked thread