Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Too many loving snow days and Uptown Funk is stuck in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mikl posted:

I had to explain to someone, twice, how while I'm a doctor, I'm not a medical doctor, and therefore I cannot recommend treatment or prescribe medicine. I'm still not sure if they got it or not.

So can you take a look at this thing on my arm? :v:

What field is your doctorate actually in? Maybe you could go with the angle of explaining that you're a professor or a scientist or a mathematician or something.

My problem is that my half-brother is a raging rear end in a top hat but it's illegal to punch him in his idiot face.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

EmmyOk posted:

A load of drunk people just boarded my train. They are trying to sing uptown funk but keep getting stuck after one line and starting again

Uptown Funk is not a drunk people song. Drunk people need to sing drinking songs because those songs are designed to be sung when you're wasted.

I swear, some people regress to children when they go to a store. Oh, no, sure, go right the gently caress ahead and paw through the fresh muffins with your dirty-rear end hands. Feel free to just toss rolls and bagels on the floor because you don't want them. I don't mind at all if you dig around in my nice bread display and knock everything over because you don't like the sell-by date on the stuff we just made today.

If I wanted to clean up after a bunch of loving animals, I would've worked at a zoo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The free WiFi on the train is too slow :qq:

e: And GEICO keeps sending me letters and emails asking me to come back, like some kind of obsessed ex.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Mar 12, 2015

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Anime Boston is coming next month and I am dreading my daily commute suddenly filling up with smelly weeaboos.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have to go to the post office after work to return a home try-on order to the place I want new glasses from, but I really just want to go home instead.

Warby Parker? I keep forgetting to send in my prescription.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The official US release of Kung Fu Killer is out of theaters but won't be on any streaming service for god knows how long and yeah I guess I could order the Blu-Ray but for gently caress's sake it came out in Hong Kong last year I just wanna see Donnie Yen kick the poo poo out of people

also I don't have a blu-ray player except on my computer and I want to watch it on my bigass TV.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

A nice little Chinese bakery/cafe I used to go to a lot closed after being open for 33 years. Now where will I get my morning pork buns and terrible coffee?

Seriously though there are a few more but now I have to go to two different places to get what I want :effort:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ladron posted:

My first world problem is people saying "in my country" or "here"

where are you that has such a fabulous return policy and plethora of trains?

Sounds like anywhere in Western Europe, although I don't know how returns work there.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My friend lives on the other side of the world. 12 hour time difference. :negative:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My friend had an odd one today.

There was a frog in his toilet. Little 2" rainfrog. Just, chillin in the bowl on the side.

Luckily he found out before he peed on it, or worse, had a frog land on his nuts if he sat down.

First I've heard of something like that, but god help me all I could think of was :frogout:

Stray frogs in the toilet are the least first world thing in this thread.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I still cannot speak all of the languages.

This is probably first world because what loving third world farmers have the goddamn time to learn a second or third language, let alone whine about how rusty they are? The soybeans aren't going to milk themselves!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Some POS machines allow that, but many don't, leading to customers who will stand at my register and impatiently swipe their cards several times before I've even finished scanning all of their items.

The thing has a goddamn screen. It lights up and tells you when to swipe your card.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My friend who lives on the opposite side of the world is probably asleep right now. Stupid time zones.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

artsy fartsy posted:

My dog jumped up and slammed his skull into my elbow and absolutely wrecked the poo poo out of my ulnar nerve, like I got nauseous and started blacking out--so I'm stumbling around in so much pain that I can't even scream or moan I'm just doing this huuhh huuhh huuhh breathing thing, but I'd just opened the big thing of hummus and it's right there on the table where both dogs can just get to it (and they will) so I'm trying to stay conscious while moving this dumb thing of hummus then finally I fall to the floor and both of them won't stop licking me then the drat phone starts ringing and the pain is incredible, then later I freaked myself out when I got milk out of the fridge and it brushed against the right side of my hand, which was apparently cold-intolerant at the time.

The dog didn't even flinch.

Jesus, how bad did your dog gently caress you up that a bowl of hummus was too wily a foe?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

Did some phone banking yesterday and everyone was polite except for one Trump supporter who called me a racist for supporting Bernie :psyduck:

Bernie Sanders doesn't care about orange people.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Choco1980 posted:

My FWP: I bought a new phone today (hooray upgrade time!) the brand new LG G5 that just dropped yesterday. Dang thing uses a USB-C charging cable instead of the standard micro USB I have tons of. Now I have to wait for an adapter I've ordered. Rassa Frassa....

My Nexus 6P came with two USB-A to USB-C cables (one short and one around 1.5 feet) and one USB-C charger (wall plug with a type C port, and a type C cable). That last one charges unbelievably fast.

What kind of phone manufacturer doesn't include at least one complete charger?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

I had a fart today that was so big that my pants fit better but it kinda hurt my booty.

O friend I have been there.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm talking about Americans in America though.

Not only that, if you wanted to watch Asian movies made in Asia, starring Asian actors, pick a country, there are tons.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I think he means he wants to watch a movie produced in Hollywood, staring an Asian lead, that isn't action.

My FWP is my awesome paying ten-day job might be shorter than expected, so I might not make as much as I had planned for.

Yes, I got that, and my comment was meant to point out how little sense it made if you read it any other way.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

Why do I fart with every step I take?!

You got the walkin' farts.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If it's any consolation, guys are usually a lot better with faces than names :shobon: It took me two weeks to remember my best friends' name when we met in high school.

I messed up the name of a coworker who wears a nametag at all times. Don't feel bad.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I forgot to buy my favorite coffee.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DaRealAce posted:

How confidential? Have you deleted it yet?

Just apologize and let your boss know it will never happen again.

If it's healthcare, that may be a career ending mistake.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

You talk way too much about your girlfriend. I recognize your avatar and every post I see is :siren:my girlfriend:siren:

:siren: MY GIRLFRIEND :siren: even being a thing that people complain about is a contrivance of bitter, lonely nerds who can't stand to be reminded of their own failings. Talking about one's significant other in casual conversation is a very normal thing to do and there are a hundred thousand registered goons, not all of us are fuckin' shut-in weirdos anymore. Some of us even have jobs.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why they can't integrate the messenger function into the main app is beyond me, but maybe that's why I'm not a mobile app developer.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The shop took the stripes off my car to fix it and the ones they gave me to replace them are the wrong size and I could do it with Plasti-Dip but I can't quite get it the way I want and it dries too fast in the hot sun :sigh:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

In the process of paying off all of my credit cards in full I forgot that I had an autopay set up with my bank for one of the cards, so I accidentally overpaid that card and now have a credit of $25 that I have to use to bring the balance to 0.

God, I sound like such an rear end in a top hat.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm waiting in the courthouse basement for the jury selection process to begin and I'm bored.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ANUSTART posted:

My grandparents offered to take me to dinner for my birthday next week and I have really been wanting to go to a chinese place here but they will make so many racist comments and 'jokes' that i will probably end up at olive garden or something :wooper:

Happy birthday! Long shot, but if you're in Boston I'll get Chinese food with you :buddy:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah but kittens though

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

What kind of frozen hellscape do you live in where butter isn't spreadable at room temperature?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

doverhog posted:

I'm hung over and thinking about ordering pizza or kebab or something but don't really wanna pay for the delivery. :choco:

Do it. Don't make this man's mistakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWFH1Y0WocI

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Where the hell did the thread title come from?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

While not a big thing in America and Canada anymore, cities in Asia are FULL of them.

This is why games like Overwatch see so many cheaters in South Korea. Instead of each player buying the game, the internet cafe pays for access and when accounts are banned (Blizzard just banned like 20,000 South Korean accounts for cheating) the players generally just make new ones.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

frogge posted:

Reverse FWP?
I got up to pee during a Heroes of the Storm match and my friends went absolutely apeshit on me over it. Like, gently caress you guys. It wasn't like I went up during the middle of brain surgery or doing air traffic control. It's just a loving game. Sorry I inconvenienced the outcome of your mindless entertainment... but not really.

Don't play video games with shitheads.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Nutritionists aren't a real profession or legally protected title. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. What you want is a registered dietitian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRqB5-egs1s

If "dietitian" is like "dentist", then "nutritionist" is like "toothiologist".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Amazons pices have gone WAAAAYYYY up. And search results for items are mainly Chinese (no offense but listen to the next part) Chinese companies who inevitably sell the same thing on ali express for balls cheap prices. Pick has a thread about it and you can get anything you can dream of for like $1 but I'm still nervous about it being super sketchy so I haven't actually gone there. So currently I'm stuck w amazon and no way in hell im gonna pay that price right now.

I just need a real OR faux small down blanket, it shouldn't be more than $5 imo but everything on amazon is $20 or more!!

Here's the aliexpress thread by the way, has useful tips (and I really want those fake-food key chains).

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806076

AliExpress is great if you don't need something immediately and can wait 3 weeks for it to arrive by China Post's cheapest freight option. I got an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle for my car for 4 bucks on AliExpress.

Good place to get phones from Chinese manufacturers like Huawei or XiaoMi, although you do have to look more closely at the tech specs to make sure it'll be compatible with your provider.

AliExpress is great. Amazon is great too but definitely use both, they have their strengths.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Why do people even use USPS anymore? Me, my mom, and friends have all lost packages-- that are irretrievable because when you go to the post office, they look around for real and welp, it's not there. It's because the mail man just decides to take it, or the sorter, or something. gently caress USPS. And they are sooooooooo expensive.

Summary:
:commissar:

and when they gently caress up your change of address and try to send poo poo too early everything ends up delayed because it prints a "COA NOT ACTIVE" label and then they don't send it until the next day

fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Given it another few years and we'll be the weird ones for using complete sentences when we type.