Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I got all excited that Saint Seiya was on Netflix, and then realized it was the Hades OAVs, and not the original TV series. I just want an easily accessible, uncut version (that isn't the terrible new subbed release), is that so much to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Job hunting is a bitch. I have a place to stay, and do alright work online sometimes, but I want a consistent paycheck and drat near every job listing I find wants 2+ years of experience already for an entry level position.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I work transcribing subtitles for video clips, and I can't listen to music while doing it. Not even from something outside my computer, because it distracts me too much.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Apparently it is impossible to find tax forms here anymore, without having to print them up, and I do not own a printer. So I had to pay to file them online, which is $20 I really didn't want to spend right now.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Tiggum posted:

When I need to print something I just go to the library. 20¢ a page.

Yeah, that hit me about five minutes after I filed. So I'll throw that on my first world problem pile too.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Our bathroom floor is cracked in the middle, and probably trying to collapse into the open foundation, but our landlord only seems to ever exist when rent is due.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My son has a field trip tomorrow, and he is super excited about it. I have to go or he's not allowed to (special needs, behaviorial issues), and uggggh it is going to be like 60% humidity tomorrow and it's going to feel like swampy hell.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I decided I wanted to reread the Wheel of Time books. Only sometime between 2013 and now, my local library apparently stopped putting the first book's physical copy out. So I had to get the CD audio book, which they still have. I wouldn't normally mind but the reader for this one makes me sleepy. I'll probably have to renew my check out, because I don't know if I can power through all 30 hours in two weeks with this dude lulling me to sleep.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I started dieting (well more eating better, and not All The Food) recently, and exercising yesterday. The only way I can describe how I am today is that my everything is sore. I am so amazingly out of shape.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My son loves pesto, and we bought a brand we'd never used before. He's also allergic to spinach. Something possessed me to look at the ingredient list when I was making dinner the other night, and lo and behold. Spinach. It's not a problem that I didn't send my kid to the ER by way of pesto, but drat it, that's a whole jar I can't use now.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mikl posted:

I absolutely feel this.

I love pesto. I live in Italy, and most brands that make pesto cheap out and use cashews instead of pine nuts. Apparently they have almost the same consistency and taste so people don't notice the difference.

Slight problem: I'm deathly allergic to cashews.

There is exactly one brand that uses actual pine nuts and not cashews, so that's my go-to. But this also means that I cannot eat pesto when I'm at a restaurant, because if they use a brand that has cashews in it then whoops, that's a trip to the ER for me.

Yeah. His allergy is easy enough to deal with usually, since Surprise Spinach isn't as common as, say, Surprise Corn or Surprise Peanuts. But when it does crop up, it's preeeetty annoying.

We have multiple food allergies and intolerances to deal with in the household (peanuts, lactose, spinach, carrots) so we're usually pretty good at checking ingredient lists, but we're so used to pesto being a safe option that this jar slipped by.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've been developing more and more allergies, and cross reactions to already existing allergies over the past couple of years. It sucks, because it seems to be taking out several of my favorite foods. My son went to an apple orchard on a field trip today, and I washed all the apples, then settled in for one after he went to bed. Surprise, OAS. My tongue feels like it's trying to shed an entire layer of skin at once.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I want to knit my son a sweater for next winter, but I swear, patterns for grown men sizes are slim pickings. Finding something he'd like is proving difficult.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It is less than 30 degrees out today, and I don't like it. I can't just stay bundled up inside because I have to go out later. Quite grumpy about that.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'm going to be knitting blankets for my brothers, and one doesn't care what color so I can pick whatever. The other requested "earth tones" though, and the yarn I'm using has three colorways I think would work. I am struggling to decide which one to use.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Gamestop's website (yes yes I know, Gamestop is awful whatever) is seemingly convinced I live in Kentucky. No matter how many times I set my home store as the one close to me, it's always back to this one random Kentucky store the next time I go back. It's a tad annoying.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

DicktheCat posted:

I'm tired, I'm always tired.

I sleep enough, but I'm still tired.

My job is fine, but I'm always tired.

I don't know if it's my food, or my exercise, or my medicine, or if it's my goddamned body.

I've been tired since I was 11. I played sports then, but I was still tired, but I was also supremely depressed, and wanted to die. I'm not as depressed now, I'm healing. I'm actually doing quite well.

But I'm tired.

It could be worth getting a sleep study done. There are several disorders that can make it seem like you're getting enough sleep, but you're not actually getting enough truly restful sleep. Things like sleep apnea or narcolepsy.

It might not be something related to your sleeping, but it's best to rule it out, especially if it's been going on so long.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Hooking up my new modem so I don't have to pay more than one month of the rental fee for Comcast's was harder than it needed to be. drat thing didn't want to connect for a while.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Uncle Lloyd posted:

I can buy fresh bell peppers at literally any time of year, shipped from anywhere in the western hemisphere to my local supermarket in rural America, for incredibly low prices. So why the gently caress do I have remove the seeds myself like some kind of caveman? Why can't modern agriculture figure out how to grow seedless peppers?

The Angello seedless pepper was in the news some years back, but then I never saw it in any grocery stores.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Nobody cares it's my birthday, because it's also Easter. :(

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'm allergic to the powder on the gloves we use at work, and also I burned my hand a bit. (First world problem because at least I have a steady income)

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I've got various foot deformities that make them very, very unhappy about me being on them for eightish hours at a time. I am currently playing basically musical shoes trying to find a combo of shoes and insoles that give me some relief.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Depression, including suicidal depression, erectile dysfunction, severe mood swings, physical pain. The shot people are referring to in that case had some no joke bad side effects, not just making a few guys a bit "moody". Also, afik, one guy hadn't returned to a normal level of sperm production even years out from the trials, so it could also be not quite as "Take when you don't want kids, stop when you do!", and more "This could permanently or semipermanently affect your fertility."

Studies are still moving along, so there will be an option eventually, but just because they maybe weren't as rigorous on studying female contraceptives doesn't mean they should just push one out on the market for men. They should instead have, you know, been more rigorous with the female contraceptives as well.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have become an ouroboros of anxiety disorder. I am freaking out about potentially freaking out about something later.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Even having hired a moving company this go round, moving still suuuuuucks.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

I didn't mind moving when I was in college and could fit most everything I owned in a truck or van but now that we have a house full of poo poo I'm dreading the decision to move. And we're going to have to at some point the next few years, I think, if we want all the stupid poo poo we want and want to do all the stupid poo poo we want to do.

Moving house sucks. I've done it multiple times in the past decade, and it's pretty much never simple. And it seems to be a Infinite Trash Generator.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I haven't had any alcohol for....a long time, so I am feeling incredibly drunk off my rear end off of one not particularly strong screwdriver.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

If my coworkers keep leaving a mountain of dishes in the sink for me, I'm going to have to start fist fighting assholes in the parking lot or something, because God drat. I'm not washing a single one of them things today. Just going to shift them from one sink to the other. Oh you're out of piping tips? Not my problem, do your dishes.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I misjudged how many chicken breasts were in a package, and don't have enough, so now I have to run to the store in the morning and make my recipe real quick like before bed.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I just recently started lifting weights, and I'm sore, and I had to essentially "You got this, me!" pep talk myself through my last few reps in the most recent session, and meeeh. I don't wanna. But I also do.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

My gym's been closed for a year, I could do body-weight stuff but yuck

I scored a set of PowerBlock Sports, so that's what I'm using right now. Once I get to the point where I've gotten the extensions, and they're not enough anymore, I'm really going to have to look into a gym membership myself. Because I am not nearly rear end in a top hat enough to get a barbell set up in a second floor apartment.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's more the downstairs neighbor has already called the cops on us once because my son is 6' and doesn't seem to realize it, and walks with all the subtlety of an elephant (seriously, the complaint was "stomping"). If I dropped a 100+ lb barbell by accident, I'd probably end up with the SWAT team busting down my door.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

No store even remotely near me carries the packet version of Soy flavor Top Ramen, only the bowls.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I easily found a cheap rear end microwave with numbers at Walmart. I think it was like $50 or something. For being a cheap rear end microwave, it works fine at what you want a microwave to do.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I need a new waffle maker as mine is a bit rickety.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

None of the stores close to me had any SO Delicious Cocowhip in stock, and I promised the kid ice cream sundaes today, and it's not a sundae without whipped cream. So I had to get the Reddi-wip Almond Milk spray one, which is notorious for working once and then never again.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The work radio keeps playing Shawn Mendes' Treat Your Better, and that song fills me with an incandescent rage. If I didn't know it was a 100% legit song, I'd think it was a parody making fun of Nice Guys.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It should not be as hard as it is to buy products not produced by LITERAL CHILD SLAVE LABOR, but drat it, now I need to find a new toothpaste.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Colgate is one of the many brands implicated in benefiting from some pretty massive human rights violations and deforestation in Papua New Guinea, sorry to say. They own my previous brand of choice, Tom's of Maine. (Surprising no one, Nestle is also implicated).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is there any loving company who doesn't use child or slave labor?

It's something I'm struggling with in a few ways, both my own ethics and my not being a whacko. Yeah, there's pretty much no ethical consumption under capitalism, but I try to do the best I can to source sustainably derived, not owned by pure evil products. But even then, probably some of the things in those products are compromised in some way. Or I find out later that they were bought out.

The "not a whacko" part comes in with hooooly crap is it hard to find a sustainably sourced, as ethically okay to me as I can get toothpaste that isn't also fluoride free and alternative medicine out the rear end.