Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dumbfire Rocketman posted:

talking to a girl that has a kid and mental problems and does (real) drugs but she's really hot and cool and into me, what should i do internet

I knew a girl like that in real life and she gave me the best advice for avoiding people we knew on okcupid since we're from the same small town. She died though. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Aydjile posted:

alright then. how about this one?

me - hello

her - hey, how are you?

me - lets meet in real for a little chat. smoothie at starbucks or something like that. i really eager to know if your personality would match the looks. ))

her - I joined okcupid recently, and it seems many men are not interested in 'chit-chat' and want to meet straight away. I can't speak for all women but before I meet a man I don't know I like to make sure it's a good idea. And that we can hold a conversation. And that he's not crazy. For me that means an exchange on this website first. Is that ok? Actually, the thing about me is my mind and creativity. Looks are not my main angle.

me - i would totally disagree - anyone can write anything; to create any appearance or desired effect. so reading someone text would develope zero information about their personality. unlike in real life; where body language, tone of voice and attitude would provide me with everything i need to know. but in this case - even behind your profile there could be sitting a fat dude in overwashed and sweaty singlet; pretending as shy girl. ))
so for me or any other man who is not interested in wasting time in polite and boring conversations about neutral topic with someone who they never seen - that would be pretty normal thing to ask someone to meet in real.

her - actually, no they can't, you need to be able to do it. Not everyone can write well, not everyone can hold an interesting conversation. if someone writes with spelling mistakes or bad grammar, it speaks volumes. do you live in a bubble? or has everyone you have ever met written well and been well-spoken?
yes, weirdos are out there pretending on the internet. but women, in my opinion need to feel comfortable and safe. the same reason you would tell a young woman you love to take a cab home. i think this aspect of okcupid is not in many mens general experience of the world so they dismiss talk as chitchat.
also, time spent on what you call 'boring and polite conversation' is time and energy saved meeting someone that isn't worth it.

me - oh, i get it. you giving me the evan katz speech about - "no more bad dates."
alright then, i am sure it work out just fine for you.

her - english is your second language?

and yes,

no more bad dates.
because why?
really?

me - why would that matter?

her - i didn't say it does.
i can just tell.
no need to get defensive.
lol

that's what i meant about exchanges messages first.
you can make assessments

are you russian?

me - * sighs
this is a waste of time.
i don't wanna bother answering something that is already in my profile.

her - o yes, i must have seen it there too. but it's a look too.
i read a lot of profiles...
well, russian and hebrew don't necessarily have to be your 1st language.
i'm guessing english isn't your first.
strictly from your messages.
also, you could be israeli, or have lived in russia.
speaking russian doesn't make you russian.
i speak some french.

plus you already bothered so ...

----

so what you think my response should be?
though at this point she really annoys me. and i think its fake profile where some pseudo-gay office employee with sweaty palms trying to feel how its like.

gently caress the haters, I like you and I like these posts.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

Im gonna suck your penis

O thanks my dude

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Aydjile posted:

so i've did a little homework assignment.

i've picked a bunch of girls in following criterias - age 24 to 34, any nationality or ethnicity, in vicinity of new york, at least 5/10 looks.
the following question is based on my profile's picture where i stand only in my underwear and flexing my arms with satisfied smile.

"good evening! i need unbiased opinion from a random girl. had an argument with my friend here and its being said that my picture where i stand in my underwear is vulgar and should be removed. what is your opinion on that?"

the variety of responses left me pleasantly surprised. and overall impression made me with big grin on my mug. well, its kinda nice to see that all women different and not being just cunts.
so keep asking questions and you are bound to find the answer that you will like!
i know, i did! ))

here the first 50 answers.

Haha well I don't find it vulgar. But I'm also not very conservative when it comes to things like that. I'm sure there are other people who wouldn't be into it. Although I guess those aren't the types of people you would want to date anyway, so I suppose it's probably a decent self selecting tactic.

you probably should remove it.

Well, I wouldn't call it vulgar. Though I would say that it very well could deter girls from responding. It sends the message that all you want is sex or some sort of sexual based relationship.

I think it's silly, I don't think its vulgar. It also depends on what type of message you are trying to send through your profile.

JUST A LITTLE VULGAR FOR SOME, I PERSONALLY DON'T HAVE ANY ISSUE...

I think it's fine, it Shows the goods. you're just killing the possibility of someone liking you for your personality regardless of your physique.

Hahah its kind of funny I suppose

Maybe but you look good

It's not vulgar, but women don't like seeing random pics of guys in their underwear on dating sites

Take it down. It's not offensive but I don't think anyone is gonna take you seriously if you keep it.

Well, since you asked, my reaction both to this message and your underwear pic is "Are you loving kidding me?"

Not at all vulgar. But I don't offend easily.

Yes take it down. I think you are trying to be funny maybe, but it's just better without it. Good luck

Evening it NOT vulgar!!

It's kinda weird that u have a pic with ur underwear on

Ha. I don't think it's vulgar. It doesn't have that selfie-in-mirror creepiness to it.

Lol, this is my dream come true... Guy soliciting feedback on his profile (there are so many bad ones out there). Well, not vulgar... You can tell from the series of pictures that you're funny and you're joking slash maybe not a little, so that chicks can see your ripped bod in full view. I say keep it! wink emoticon

Live your life!

Good evening.
You're not in a lewd pose so I wouldn't call it vulgar. I was surprised to see a pic like that, but I'm different than most woman. I'm not even a fan of shirtless pics. I don't like seeing someone's nipples before I even know them. It's like a forced "Look at me almost naked!" when I didn't need to or want to.

You should do a close up Anthony Weiner style shot to supplement the full body shot.

Well every bad can whatever want smile emoticon .if you thing that its fine nobady can change your mind and its depends what are you looking for and what did you thinking when you pout that pic

Completely agree with your friend!!!!!

Good evening... Yes, your friend is right. Remove the picture smile emoticon

Whenever guys like you post pics of themselves it just makes me chuckle. Those types of pics aren't vulgar- cause they don't turn women on

No it's not vulgar at all. It's the human body! And you're not doing anything particularly sexual. If anything it's a bit whimsical.

You should remove it

I have no answers

Your friend is correct.

My opinion is if you wanted to talk with me, you just needed to say hello!
It's not vulgar as much as unnecessary, since it sort of seems uncouth especially since you look good clothed. Guys who pose naked or in their underwear seem like they're only looking for sex on the site.

I don't find it vulgar... if anything i find it amusing

You should remove. You're not looking for casual sex, according to your profile and it just doesn't really fit well overall. Besides it's not very flattering.

i would say keep the photo if you keep on wanting to use that as a pick up line/ convo starter

Good evening..
From a young woman's point of view, I dont know that its vulgar, but its probably not the best choice for a proper introdcution to a respectable lady.

Well it is not, you should keep it! smile emoticon

Just change your screen name to Captain Underpants and rock your undies.

Not the absolute weirdest intro I've gotten so I'll bite -- I wouldn't say vulgar but definitely makes a statement! Hope that helps settle your argument.

No, it's not vulgar. Not even close.

Hi there... Vulgar is in the eye of the beholder. And you're certainly not the only man on OKC showing off his bod. I'd say leave it up, but it depends on the type of gal you're hoping to attract.

I think that burgundy is not your color, you should have gone with a green/aqua color :~). Other than that I think its fine.

Yes, it is very very vulgar! You must send me every copy so that I can make sure the vulgar police don't catch you. How dare you try to shine in your underwear. For shame...So vulgar, so tight , so short....Only the vulgar girls will like you. Let me protect you from them wink emoticon

Ok. In todays world, its not vulgar. Not surprised to see it but definitely tells me something about you.

I'm not a huge fan of it. If a guy is so great, why would he need a picture showing off his body? Same goes for girls. That's just me though.

It's not too vulgar to me...but it's not your most flattering pic. Maybe one with shorts instead of briefs.

Hi, I don't know if vulgar is the right word, but unnecessary is perhaps an alternative. Leave something to the imagination.. Good luck

Lol. Lol. I think you should listen to your friends. They only want the best for you.

Good evening , that was a very good way of getting me to look at you in your underwear by the way. Nope, not vulgar- underwear is just swim clothes without the ocean around

Not the absolute weirdest intro I've gotten so I'll bite -- I wouldn't say vulgar but definitely makes a statement! Hope that helps settle your argument.

My opinion? If you used the same judgement choosing profile photos as you do in choosing friends you'd find the love of your life in no time.
: p
Hope that helps.

Thank you for asking the difficult questions. Personally, it would make me very horney as I am gay.

Coolness Averted posted:

Update on girl aatrek: I messaged asking if there was some weird story there and she clarified it's because when she was 13 she dated a 26 year old.

loving yikes.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

is anoyone else concerned about the heightism on tinder? I'm an average height male (5'7'') and i'm constantly rejected based on my height. I don't go around asking the women what their bra size or weight is, we can't control our height it is a prejudiced movement by females that is concerning

same except i'm a felon. i was practically born this way you useless loving whores.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

list your height as 6'9" because gently caress anyone who cares about it, honestly

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Cnut the Great posted:

also, instead of posting pictures of yourself, just post pictures of your more attractive older brother who went to a better college than you and isn't a disappointment to his parents like you are

dont dox me you g*ddamn troll

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Otisburg posted:

these red pills are delicious just like cowboy curtis fed neo in the hit film the matrix

Curtis a true midnight cowboy

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

vyst posted:

Chains usually

":newlol:"

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Tumble posted:

Every girl I've ever met who actively self-describes as a feminist has been cool as gently caress, and usually a bit more down to casually fool around.

If your only exposure to feminism is through the purposeful selection of the most outrageous quotes, curated by a bunch of bitter men, then sure you'll see various quotes about feminism as a "red flag". But most of the feminists I meet just want respect of their female agency and an acknowledgement of some of the issues that are being faced by women these days. I've yet meet one of these "radical tumblr feminists".

PLUS basically every one of them has enjoyed me sliding a finger or two up their rear end when I've gone down on them, and they seem to give way more enthusiastic BJs.
"Good, Giving, and Game" (abbreviated GGG), my friends - if you aren't scouring the girls questions about sex looking for this, you just aren't playing on the level you should be.

Feminists rule.

settle down beavis

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

:agreed:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

:jerkbag:

too lazy to pics and frankly they're just a skinny dude who dresses like those hipsters in Olso, Norway or whatever it's called. You know the ones who look like a 10yo dressed them randomly.

I get that you're supposed to talk about yourself on okc but holy gently caress this lil dude needs to shut the gently caress up and post some "i'm into doctor who and like sushi, my hero is Ru Paul" basicness before he floats directly up his own rear end in a top hat 100%

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i'm ready to die

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Living in San Francisco, this kind of profile is so incredibly banal that my eyes literally stopped focusing on words and my mouse started moving to close the tab.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

notZaar posted:

Okc in the rurals is so barren. Maybe everybody here is on Farmersonly.com

I'm 28 and from a small town. I figured out what's up: everyone is already married, divorced, and remarried with kids.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

DeusExMachinima posted:

city folk jus' dun geddit

^^actual literal quote from farmersonly tv ad

*man leaves his ranch, literally named Lonely Acres, pulls up into an empty parking lot, sits down at an empty bar, looks incredulously at the bartender*
"where all the white wimmin country girls at?"
"they're in my phone and chatting online"

^^ actual literal paraphrasing from farmersonly tv ad

im cute fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 26, 2015

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

cmndstab posted:

I get that this is one of those "if you need to ask, they're wrong for you" things, but I've got no idea what any of this means. I'm guessing M/s is Master/sub and the 24/7 means they want that to happen outside the bedroom as well, but beyond that I have no idea at all. Is CNC consensual and non-consensual? I'm usually pretty good with working out acronyms, but geez.

Honestly, why would you include ridiculous acronyms that confuse 99% of the population on your dating profile instead of just posting on fetlife like the rest of the freaks out there?

a [stay at home mom], the [sub] in a 24/7 [total power exchange, consensual non-consent (meaning she has given up complete control over her life and autonomy), Master-slave] dynamic

I feel real bad for her kid.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm not sure how it could have turned out any other way, or have been to surprising to literally anyone.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Like, it was just one baby's step above LOCAL HOUSEWIVES WANT TO gently caress NOW!!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I'm going to guess that "Kye" is a landwhale and that it's drat hard to sex a landwhale blindfolded if they keep your hands away from their genitals.

They both are likely tremendously fat.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

computer parts posted:

As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man, what can you do for me that I can't do for myself? I pay my own bills, have a career, I'm educated, and I have a stable family. In reference to money, I need something more. I need a man who is striving for excellence in every aspect of his life. I need someone who is striving for excellence mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation, I don't need a simple-minded man. I need someone striving for excellence spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked, believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for excellence financially because I don't need another financial burden. I need someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I need someone who has integrity in dealing with relationships. Lies and game playing are not my idea of a strong man. I need a man who is family oriented. One who can be the priest and provider to the lives entrusted to him by God. I need someone whom I can respect. In order to be submissive I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive but he has to be worthy. Also I am not looking for him, he will find me. He may not be able to explain the connection but he will be drawn to me. This may be asking a lot, but I'm worth a lot.

______________________________________/

I had an ex who was 1:1 with this woman. I could not get out of there fast enough when she started talking about saving up for a house and maybe babies (I was 22 and still in school, she was 24 and making close to minimum wage). People like this are disasters because you will never, ever be the Good Christian Knight in Shining Armor they believe they deserve. Deep in their hearts they are already hatching Christian Mingle accounts.

Anton Chigurh posted:

Post pic, need to see that face and that rack.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Sheep-Goats posted:

You know I kind of miss the ladies of Portland because they read not-poo poo books and often have the short hair that I crave but then again 90% of them are the mousey-est most unshaven directionless loving lumps just like the men there and I mean just HTFU Portland Jesus loving Christ Almighty

I mean once in a while in NY you meet some loony trans witch like that but you know she can flip a switch and go hardcore disaster warrior PRN because otherwise she would have been beaten to death by a gang of drunken homophobic Puerto Ricans about twenty years ago, but in Portland there's no loving risk to being aberrant (aberrancy being of course a fundamental good) and therefore it is almost meaningless.

Any problem you have in Portland can be solved by being bellicose and gut shoving your way around because everyone there is such a huge pussy that they instantly give way. Bunch of lame asses.

lol

While I don't think all of Portland's special snowflakes need to transform into switchblade traintracks trannys who stab Dominicans in the dick or whatever, there has to be a happy middle ground. Either that, or I will move to Portland and become a professional bully.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

since i'm new to this, should i assume that if i message someone and they visit my page but don't message me back, i'm not giving them the charity gorilla dilz for the cure?

There is no cure for AIDS, the gamer disease.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

computer parts posted:

It looks like Tinder but on Android (or maybe Win Phone) but I know that that first girl's bio is too long.

it's probably blendr or one of the other 100000 awful location-based gently caress Apps.

I literally have one on my phone that's just for dogs.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I literally rewrote my profile with 90% content from this very thread.

I'm sure to get dates now that I have expert posts on my side!!!!

Lufiron posted:

Icebreakers

This literally used to be a thing on okcupid. They'd have you blind-message people with the answer to some prefabricated question with the purpose of striking conversation between two totally un-vetted strangers. It didn't last.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

the west coast is practically cheating

Not aggressive or rich-sounding enough for San Francisco, not depressed or Asian enough for Seattle. Apparently college educated, but still confident enough in their own mental illness to crack self-aware jokes about never bathing. Maybe Portland? I'd need to see a picture.

EDIT: If she's SHAMEFULLY white, Portland. If she's half white, half latin, and identifies as some off-the-wall 300 year old term for Mexicans living in California, probably LA.

taking all bets

DOUBLE EDIT: I have a friend who unironically calls herself a "Mestizo descendent" and I'm getting a similar vibe off this profile.

im cute fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 19, 2015

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

Bonus round!

Midwest, maybe even southwest college town, but actually attending community college. 3 units/semester, all electives. How close am I?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Coolness Averted posted:

From a 41 year old woman's profile, second paragraph.

:yikes:

For sure. And it's definitely vaccines causing autism, not wombs so old they might have wood paneling.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jubs posted:

Trying too hard:

It's either Anne Horel or a youtube pooper. One of those is French, and the other one is underage, so pass.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

notZaar posted:

Are you ever gonna tell us what app is that.

It's probably Tinder for some bizarro off-brand Android phone that gets updates once every two years.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I would like to have sex.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I like dogs, and having sex, too.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

If women can breastfeed in public, then I should be able to walk around with an erection without being shamed by a bunch of pearl clutching assholes who act like they've never seen a penis before. There's nothing unnatural or obscene about an erect cock. It's part of life.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thathonkey posted:

in fact, you'll notice the phallus is incorporated into practically every man-made artifact in some way shape or form

The history of mankind is the history of inventing bigger, harder, more visible, more shootier cocks. And if you haven't gotten used to it by now, well...

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm a simple girl. I like burgers, pizza. And chicken. I do not like bacon or mushrooms.

At first I thought "who the gently caress likes chicken but not mushrooms?" but then I realized she meant fried chicken exclusively and now I know it's not meant to be.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can kind of see why because there are lots of people who just chat and chat and chat without sealing the deal and going on a real date, but still expecting people to open up with how their dad used to beat them or whatever just kills it too.

Several time I was taking to someone for like five minutes and they brought up that they were a year clean from drugs or that they were sexually assaulted or some poo poo. How do you continue casual conversation after that?

Some people have so little going on that there isn't much of a buffer of anecdotes and stories to fill the interesting-but-not-harrowing stratum between "small talk" and "divulging dark disgusting personal secrets". They may also lack the social graces or be too self-absorbed to talk about current events.

im cute fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 5, 2015

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Serious question: Why?

Why should I put in even a modicum of effort in the message given that you're going to see I sent you a message, are going to check out my profile pic and decide from that whether you want a conversation or not? If you like what you see, you'll just reply 'hey' back, and from that point game's on. But until you've shown interest, crafting a message taylored to your particulars is for uggos that can't cruise on their looks alone. :smug:

Women don't like being put on the spot like that. Because, see, it requires them to not only read your profile beyond your pictures like you would have done for them (if she didn't simply reject or ignore you out of hand), it also asks them to start a conversation where they don't have an immediate advantage. That is unacceptable, so it's important to put a stop to it.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

On a similar note, please resurrect the AngryTurtle thread.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lutha Mahtin posted:

you are a male in their early 20s who got lucky once or twice on an online dating site with some kind of moronic caveman strategy. wow sign me up for your newsletter :allears:

but on the whole "uhhhh sup" messaging thing, seriously how do some of you not understand that there are legions of creepy fuckers out there whose sole strategy on dating sites is to message as many people as possible to get responses? its mostly dudes who do this, although i've personally run into a couple of the rare women who fit the category, and their whole thing is like to a) get their exhibitionism jollies off, b) express their sexism in a safe and anonymous way, and/or c) troll for idiots to date/bone. on a site like okc where there is only the one way to "really" interact with someone (messaging) a contextless "hey" is most often a dipshit

in ye old days of okc a "hi" greeting might have been fine, but this is because there used to be two different systems. one was the messaging system like exists now (except messages had subject lines and you could have more than one conversation with another person). the other was a chat/IM style system, and this is where "oh i see this person is also online and checking me out, gonna say 'hi'" would be totally fine. imo the collapsing of all communication between two entities into a single one-dimensional timeline is not the most useful way to structure communication (oh hey there mr zuckerberg), but it's what we're stuck with and thus opening with "hurr derp i have nothing to say" is going to not elevate you above the creepers

The strategy was "be attractive"

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Primal sex is exactly what it sounds like, you stupid goons.

ageplay too gross, though. Fucken yikes. I think someone got banned for defending it once, in these very forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

MasterControl posted:

imagine a hand job from those nails. Yiikes.

Me likey

• Locked thread