Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

dexefiend posted:

Painting Thread X-Post
<snip>
I really am happy with how they turned out! I also got to play around with enamel filters and washes!

Edit: Um, it looks like i missed a panel line! Guess i get to go touch that up!

These look excellent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Any Dropzone players here going to gencon? I would love to get some games in if anyone else is interested.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Bistromatic posted:

My stuff isn't 100% complete but it's in a state where i'm not ashamed to put it on the table :v:
<awesome stuff>

That is pretty fantastic.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Ugleb posted:

What you do next is take your combined dice pool and divide it up equally between each of your opponents bases (not battlegroups or squads, but the individual models). If you can't split it exactly then you decide which of your opponents bases receive the extra dice and they do the same in return. This means that you get a chance to put more damage onto the units you most want dead. The reason for splitting the dice up is so that each squad has a risk of taking damage based on its size. The more bases (people) in the squad, the more fire it draws.

Hey Ugleb, great rules clarifications, however I think this is slightly incorrect. I dont have the rule book in front of me, but you can reference this video from Hawk Dave about CQB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4RkoUE6ojw At 2:50 he talks about how dice pools are split evenly via squads not bases. If an even split is not possible the controlling player chooses what squad to allocate the odd die. All of Dave's rule clarification videos are great and worth a watch.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

These look great, mind sharing your painting recipe? I got a bag of these cars I have just been littering around as is.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I just picked up the hardback rulebook, it's very high quality, comes in a nice protective slip case.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I talked to Dave briefly today at gencon. Amongst all the cool new stuff that has already been mentioned he was also previewing a new DzC app for ios and Android coming out on in month or two. Has lists, unit stats, keyword lookup and the ability to pick up indexed, linked & searchable (non PDF) full versions of all the books at a discounted price from physical. The app also has a game finding feature where you can put in your location and how far you are willing to travel and get matched with hot singles in your area. Planned features not yet implemented include in game helper stuff for damage tracking and whatnot. Looked cool. Dave is a super nice guy, great enthusiasm. I got him to sign my book because I am a huge tool.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Ugleb posted:

Nice conversions!

I just found a youtube interview with Hawk Dave from Gencon, goes into a fair bit of detail and kinda made me want to special edition book that I cant justify buying. The vid covers the new releases, the app and Dropfleet.

https://youtu.be/gy6GZH__pHA

Ha! I was standing just to the left of these guys during this interview. I'm basically famous now.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Bistromatic posted:

Also i finally finished my Kodiak, gonna take some daylight pictures tomorrow and make gifs of the hinge in action and try entering it into hawks monthly competition. I'll also stop posting pictures of it every other post :v:

Please continue posting pictures, it looks great.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Hey, anyone Scourge or Shaltari Dropfleet players here want to trade? I have my kickstarter stuff in with a bunch of sprues I will never use.

I have
4 Scourge Cruiser sprues
3 Scourge Frigate sprues

1 Shaltari Cruiser spure
2 Shaltari Frigate sprues

I would love to do a 1 to 1 trade for UCM sprues, PM me or post here if interested.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Ugleb posted:

Don't the frigs have low level on them? That is an exemption if I was reading the FAQ right.

I didn't see anything about the Theseus, is its linked weapons profile correct as printed then?

I also don't see any errata on the Leonidas, which is definitely wrong.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Pash posted:

Was that the one that had its side listed wrong? I thought I saw a fix for the battle cruiser, guess i didn't check to make sure it was the right page though...

Ah, missed that, was scanning for the name of the ship, not the page number. That sucks then, it definitely seem like the Theseus and Leonidas should have the same broadside setup.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I still have my kickstarter bonus shaltari sprues (1 cruiser and 2 frigate sprues total) that I will never use. Anyone interested in a trade? Preferably for UCM, but I could do PHR or just money as well.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I just put in an order (from the US) but I'll cancel it and put in the batch order if you all want to team up. PM me or reply here if interested and how many of the web exclusive models you want.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

ZachAttack posted:

I just put in an order (from the US) but I'll cancel it and put in the batch order if you all want to team up. PM me or reply here if interested and how many of the web exclusive models you want.

All right, Arcturas and darnon are in for a US group order. Going to need one more person to break the free shipping barrier. Anyone else interested?

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Pash posted:

Out of curiosity what dollar amount is the free shipping barrier at?

One hundred Britland Pounds of Silver.

wdarkk posted:

I'd be down for one. How are we planning on handling this?

You tell me how many of the web exclusives you want, via PM or here. Sometime, probably tomorrow, I will put the order in (Provided that they are willing to cancel the previous order I put in earlier today.) When they finally get to me in mid-april or whatever, I will hit you all up for the cost+shipping from me at NYC 11238 and ship them to you directly. If they are fully resin and not hybrid like the BCs then it should be very inexpensive, sent in a padded envelope.

TOP OF PAGE EDIT:
A Pic of the Saratoga!

ZachAttack fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 16, 2017

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
:siren: Last call for the Official US Goon Saratoga group buy. :siren:

So far Ive got:
Arcturas
darnon
wdarkk

Anyone else interested?

ZachAttack posted:

You tell me how many of the web exclusives you want, via PM or here. Sometime, probably tomorrow, I will put the order in (Provided that they are willing to cancel the previous order I put in earlier today.) When they finally get to me in mid-april or whatever, I will hit you all up for the cost+shipping from me at NYC 11238 and ship them to you directly. If they are fully resin and not hybrid like the BCs then it should be very inexpensive, sent in a padded envelope.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Pash posted:

I'm in for 2.

Excellent, I'll put the order in this evening. Since you don't have PMs would you shoot me an email so I have your contact info: REDACTED?

EDIT:The order has been made, someone at Hawk must think I am obsessed with light cruisers.

ZachAttack fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 19, 2017

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

wdarkk posted:

I'm hearing people have started to get their Saratogas. Let us know when you see a shipping notification.

Will do. I haven't heard a peep since I got the order confirmation.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Arcturas, darnon, wdarkk, and Pash

I got a shipping notification from Hawk this morning on our order. The tracking number doesn't resolve yet, but I should be receiving it soon. If you want to, go ahead and PM me your address so I can get these turned around.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

wdarkk posted:

I thought British people played in clubs rather than game stores.

Send me your address!

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Goon group shipment complete. All Saratoga orders should be delivered, good work team.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Loxbourne posted:

New game will actually be a Blood Bowl clone. The four factions set aside their differences and come together for galaxywide tournament action. Coming soon in 2018: Endzone Commander.

This would actually be awesome.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
There is a linked, narrative Dropfleet/zone game at Gencon this year. If anyone else is going, I am planning to play in the Friday 5PM game. I got tickets to both, for me and a buddy of mine. Probably going to roll UCM.

Fleet:
https://www.gencon.com/events/132233

Zone:
https://www.gencon.com/events/132235

There are a few other time slots as well, but you should all come play in that one!

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Ugleb posted:

UCM Behemoth sighted! apparently this is a low quality test print so it will be more detailed.

I recall Dave invoking 'battletech' when talking about this one. I see why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYOI_tFwxQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I have that same FAT mat, bought it years ago before I heard about how lovely the company is. It is definitely not as blue as the one you got.