Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antares
Jan 13, 2006

You have to break up the field with smokes, flash yourself in, and/or molly them out of position. You can land them over the walls at cat/long/mid. B is tough but you can bounce a smoke off the tunnel wall that blocks vision for anyone on or next to plat, then flash/molly through that. since it's a corridor you might get spammed down anyway though.

You can also juke the awp shot and then shoot him in the face but that's harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Alabaster White posted:

Oh, I know you're supposed to flash, smoke, and bumrush them, and I tell my teammates that, but they ignore me and just sit in the tunnels. I swear to god, as a terrorist (you know, the team that loses when the timer runs out??), I had a teammate that kept recommending to sit in the tunnels and camp instead of actually doing anything to win, and the rest of the team listened to him. I can't rank up and get better teammates if my current ones throw away every game, can I? :bang:

Yeah i get killed all the loving time when we agree to "rush B" and everyone backpedals instead of getting the return.

Every silver/gold team is needlessly aggressive as CT and often if you e.g. are obviously pushing tunnels you can get some free kills by lurking long A but yeah. Unfortunately being the attacking team requires a lot more coordination and the ELO system expects you to lean forward and carry. I find this is easiest when I don't try to lead by example and play more patiently instead of depending on backup from morons.

E: you might try queueing different maps too. I uncheck D2 a lot because it gets boring and I feel like I get fewer dickheads on Cache/Mirage/Inferno

Antares fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 10, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

aborn posted:

Did they have one really good player and four middling/bad ones? I find that individual skill is much more effective T side, where the one good player can clear a site and hold it. On CT side he can be avoided/overwhelmed, having to do retakes or dying early most rounds.

This and I find pugs play really stupid if you open up a big lead. They'll comedy buy on match point, charge around like idiots, lose, and then force up round after round trying to add insult to injury and failing. Then it's 15-14 and you're ecoing against autos and rifles.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

There's a statistically significant correlation between your performance and the number of customizable LEDs on your gear

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

This isn't going to go down good with Big Deathadder but I've been using a Rival and I quite like it.

If it died I would probably be willing to check out a Deathadder.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Beach Bum posted:

Fan-loving-tastic idea, Valve, let's push an update in the middle of loving EST prime.

Normally they seem to be mining bitcoins with those servers about this time so I imagine it's no more or less unplayable.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

mcvey posted:

It's not 2013 anymore, they can't get away with playing 4v5 every match.

That hltv screenshot where it's like 40 NiP scoreboards with 38 matches of Fifflaren bottom fragging

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember the stand still and don't point gun at ground things but what's the best way to learn how to aim again without sitting in a competitive match for an hour? Queue deathmatch, click on heads with an M4/AK until I'm CAL-I?

I usually just do an aim training map and/or the spray training map to warm up and remind myself of all the patterns. For the first one, I use settings from some friberg video; I believe it's target count 100, delay 0.25s, duration 0.50s.

training_aim_csgo
Recoil Training
aim_botz

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

SilverGameSense.gif

This is a 60mb gif

Antares fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

bpower posted:

EU is definitely worse. The lack of communication is terrible. And when they do talk is to scream abuse at who ever hosed up. Then you have Easterners fighting amongst themselves. The worst thing about NA is the hackusations after we lose pistol or they get one tapped. But on balance NA is way way better.

I don't think I've ever had a teammate who wasn't stoned or 11 years old.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

A lot of really cool skins and animations are wasting away on dualies.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Fat Lou posted:

You are on CT on round 1.

Do people actually replace the USP on pistol round? It's never occurred to me that there would be an advantage there since it's impossible to buy a helm

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

teagone posted:

Still callin' him tane. :allears:

YOSPOS invented the tane meme in 2014

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

lol a 28-kill half for boyer

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

RadioPassive posted:

These announcers don't even know what an MP7 is. "what pistol is that Aww Yiss is carrying there?"

he's a starcraft streamer apparently

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Fat Lou posted:

At one point we told him to stop buying smokes because his T side A Cache smokes were literally CT smokes.

I'm not even average with smokes but that's pretty bad. I mean mid on Cache is easy as gently caress to take as T with a smoke over the top and a flash/double flash.

I actually get worse at smoking Mirage's window or catwalk from T spawn every time i play.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

if i top frag and lose, am i getting low-value kills or what. i don't understand video games.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I sometimes buy a scout if I'm forcing and watching long A on dust, window on mirage, etc. Or if I'm watching those things alone and can't afford an AWP but don't want to gift anyone an M4 in a 1v4-5.

One time I bought one on round 17 Mirage as CT kind of on a hunch and killed 3-4 guys to win the round. I can't remember if we had won or lost pistol. Regardless they were angered and confused that someone bought a scout then and that's what it's all about.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Is anyone else getting a really poo poo framerate lately?i used to hold my fps_max of 300 and now i'm getting drops to 120 and less

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

dogstile posted:

So I made the poor decision to purchase this game (as I will be addicted for at least a month). First game, played a casual match, my entire team repeatedly gets hammered and i'm able to get maybe one or two kills before I get rushed.

Played competitive, first match, first round I killed 3 members of their team, planted the bomb, killed the last two. That was my only good round, because it just seems like everyone upon getting access to sniper rifles can instaheadshot me on the loving move. Is this normal? Surely i'm at the lowest possible level of competitive right? I'd expect a couple people to have dropped ranks to kill newbs but not entire teams.

Protip don't feel bad about/ever play casual, it isn't a useful representation of anything. Try to find a comp rules server, DM, etc.

The thing it does with your first few games is throw you in the deep end and see how you do until it figures out where you should be.

I like how you can tell on round 1 if it's going to be a fun game or not. Three dudes typing in chat that they're going A on Cache and not calling anything out while they're there (and not getting a single USP kill between them) is fully sick. We went 9-6 as CT, I was sure we would get destroyed on T but somehow finished 16-13. Playing like poo poo and winning doesn't really feel that good.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

The dualies scrollwheel fire really fast and it's fun as poo poo.

At least until you have to reload with what might be the longest reload animation in any video game ever.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ernie. posted:

Speaking of bad shot reporting; yesterday I hit someone with a scout for 103 in 1 hit and they didn't die.

If you want to get mad at videogames do some spraying offline or on a 128-tick pug and then do MM/64-tick.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

retakes is really addictive

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I like pages that start and end with the same joke

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Turk February posted:

LOL that loving "I'm a Gamer" spot from Intel and ESL.

that one doesn't quite do it for me, i'm gonna need something stronger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-KT59cYlEk

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i'm worried i don't have the right processor to unlock the life of luxury and beautiful women professional esports promises

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

The Tec9 Toxic i bought for $0.80 before the further six rounds of buffs is now worth $8, thanks olof.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Crain posted:

Did you go into your settings and link the accounts (basically log in to steam via twitch)?

As far as actively watching vs. background watching: I've had dual windows open while watching all weekend doing other things and got 3 drops. You're just unlucky dude. Correction: it's really unlikely to get a drop. Especially during the final where viewership was around 1million people.

Unless of course you didn't successfully link your accounts. There should be a green check mark next to steam if you did it right.

I'm not an expert but it seemed to be ~0.1% of viewers per drop? It shows #viewers and #drops in the same window and they're only off that by a few boxes every time I've looked.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BrPB9pyb-E

This is my first Valve-certified 5K as far as I can remember. It's lovely but I did it and no one helped me, including the teammate i prefired a bit.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

good things to say on voip:

-terse, factual information about enemy positions
-"nice try man"
-

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

a lot of times i see more blood spatter effects than the console says i hit shots. usually "shoot better" would've helped but still

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Someone mentioned olaf using it maybe starting the rise? Seems weird as hell to me but I guess there's prob a lot of kids who want to use the same skins as their fav pros.

Yeah it tripled in value after they buffed it two more times and then tripled again during Katowice when Olof was killing more people with it than his AK.

e: well not exactly as i remembered it but it definitely spiked to $8 during ESL

Antares fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 17, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Alabaster White posted:

I have Nvidia but i can't see any option for 'digital vibrance' or saturation or anything. The Vibrance program that xsf421 linked didn't seem to do anything either.

In the control panel, its a slider under "adjust desktop color settings" . it's not under the 3D settings tab or wherever you'd normally go to mess with a game's settings.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Whichever it is it's a pretty impressive jump to double in 6-7 months.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Mostly it's a fact of life and whatever, sometimes you win anyway. The other night though I played 3 games and the same loving dude dropped 40+ each in my first and third games. Unless there were only 10 people queueing GN3-4 I don't understand why god hates me personally

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I warm up my homophobia and racism every day before I start queueing

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

lol. Please edit the username of the person who reported that post back in

VVVV nevermind

Antares fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 24, 2015

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Maguro posted:

I'm honestly gonna be kinda bummed when the tec-9 nerf comes in. Sometimes I will buy it as a primary the first four or five rounds on T side regardless if we are winning or losing.

I'm not as good as the tec-9 is but I hope they don't notice the 5-7.

Getting a USP ace on round 1 sets a really good tone for the rest of the match ITPO.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I switched to the m4a4 and haven't looked back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_b9JYg5XAY

I don't know what the gently caress I did in the last two weeks but I wish I could do it again. I went from doing OK to top fragging most games and getting promoted twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I use a pair of Sennheisers with a $15 Logitech headset around my neck for a mic. So far no one has complained and you look MLG as gently caress.

• Locked thread