Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
I got a thread title :buddy:

Two more days :11tea:

I'm gonna go out in the garden, tie a rock to a stick and hunt the neighbourhood cats to tide me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I ordered a download code from GAME UK. What're the odds I get that at midnight?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

cytoc posted:

:hfive: i did the same thing and had the code delivered to my email within a minute or so.

Unfortunately it can't be activated yet, the eShop tells me that that product is not ready to be activated. Hopefully it all works at midnight so it can download while I sleep.

My activation code is COMINGSOON, I haven't heard anything since I ordered last week :(

EDIT: Got it by making their system resend the email :cool:

Morton Salt Grrl fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 12, 2015

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Downloading :getin:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

The character limit means I can't name my palico Chairman Meow :eng99:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

KonvexKonkav posted:

What about Meow Zedong?

I think the limit is ten characters including spaces, so that's a bit too long.

ChibiSoma posted:

Would Meowsolini fit or is that still too long?

It fits, but I've already named him :eng99:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Bread Set Jettison posted:

You get 2 cats man!

Actually, you get as many cats as you like (only two go out with you though). I can't name them all Mewsolini!

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

SnS is straight up murdering poo poo, and I have like five different ones already. Still on my nooby armour, though I've reached 4* quests :smuggo:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Stabbing him while mounted also breaks the horn - two mounts is enough.

This goes for most monsters with breakable backs.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I'm pleasantly surprised at how few Charge Axes and Insect Glaives I'm seeing online. The CAs especially are really bad for tripping, and I haven't seen anyone get a KO with the charges yet.

Still too many longswords though :argh:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also dont go into multiplayer with a bunch of mismatched armor unless you've gemmed it out to give you relevant skills.

LR and most of HR a mismatched armour set is fine, unless it's giving you some nasty negative skills. There's no need to farm out a set early in the game, just play and have fun. Focus on upgrading your weapon and make whatever armour you can with the parts you have left.

My advice is: don't use a weapon which trips other players unless you REALLY know how to use it to minimise tripping (Charge Blade, Longsword, Insect Glaive), don't attack monsters which are being mounted by other players, be aware of whether it's a kill or capture quest, keep your health bar in good shape so you don't cart.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

jymbojones posted:

How do you upgrade Meat at the kitchen? All my other ingredients are at 1 or 2 stars, but meat is still at base level. I found some guide that said it was a HR2 quest for popo tongues, but I don't seem to have it. Is that the right quest and if-so, what's the pre-requisite?

It's a guildhall/online quest

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Wish I didn't live in an area with such lovely internet. A promising foursome turned into an intimate teta-a-tete with a Tigrex.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Rage McDougal posted:

What's the online etiquette when it comes to equipment level? I'm at HR in single-player but haven't started LR Guild yet. Would it be considered poor form to join in LR hunts with my HR equipment?

As long as you make an effort to go for the breaks/subquests rather than just killing the monster ASAP I don't see why anyone would mind.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

NESguerilla posted:

If I'm finding this really grindy after a few hours, is there a still a good chance this will click with me? I'm fighting my first biggish monster (big bug thing) and I was enjoying it at first but it just kept flying off and after about 20 minutes I called it a night. I don't see a health bar so I don't even know how long this thing will take to kill. On one hand I think the aesthetic is charming, the combat is decently fun (really clunky though) and I love getting loot in games, on the other I'm just feeling really burned out running around this same area over and over. I haven't even touched multiplayer yet so I'll probably give that a whirl today if I can.

I really want to like Monster Hunter, but this is the third one I've tried and I always seem to get burned out after just a few hours. I'm going to try to stick with this one because I really want to see some of the bigger bosses and get some cool gear, but part of me wonders if I should just give up the ghost on the series and accept that it's not for me. I've really never got far enough into one of them to see any of the cool poo poo though.

Are you using paintballs to keep track of the monsters? It cuts down on running around to find it after it runs.

You'll start to enjoy it more when you get better with your chosen weapon - your own skill will do more for you than weapons and armour upgrades ever will, it took me less than ten minutes to kill the bug with starter gear. Going online will help reduce the grind because a party of four will absolutely murder most monsters (frankly it shouldn't be legal).

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I saw a guy at HR7 with a full HR Gore set. Seems a bit suspicious to be honest.

I'm finding the online overall really disappointing. For every online quest I finish it seems like there are two where the connection drops and I'm left completely alone against a Tigrex. Is it just the crappy internet provider here, or is this happening to everyone?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Decus posted:

How far are you from your router? How do you have your wireless setup on your 3DS? Manual or auto? Try things in this order:

1) Setup your wireless manually on your 3DS. Enter in the IP, subnet, gateway, DNS, etc. all manually. To do this open command prompt on your computer and type ipconfig /all. After that, look for the ip, subnet, and gateway. Add 10 to the final portion of the ip (ex: 111.111.111.6 becomes 111.111.111.016) and enter that in the 3DS, enter the others in exact. Make sure it's all three numbers and then a period, if a single digit is displayed add 0 to the front to keep the pattern. For DNS, use 008.008.008.008 as the primary and 008.008.004.004 as the secondary. This should all add up to a stronger connection on your 3DS.

2) If the above didn't do the trick, get closer to your router.

3) If that still didn't do the trick, your internet sucks, sorry. Maybe try using your 4G connection on your phone to supply wireless to the 3DS? If you don't have that, well, yeah that sucks.

I'm a ways away from the router, but there's not much I can do about it unfortunately. I'll try the manual settings (thanks!) but otherwise I'll just have to keep trucking.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I'm starting to see increasing amounts of people online who clearly aren't going through the village quests and using the wycoon - lots of people around HR 4 and 5 not using paintballs and relying on herbs for recovery :cripes:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Sword and Shield owns. I can mount monsters nearly as easily as Insect Glaives thanks to that incredibly awesome ascending jump up a ledge.

I pity fools who disregarded SnS thinking it's a novice weapon. It can do literally everything.

This. I get more mounts online than anyone else, including IG users.

It seems to me that lots of players don't understand just how useful mounts are yet though - you don't just get the knockdown, but you get ~30 seconds where the monster isn't a threat to anyone.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Klaus Kinski posted:

You'd still be out the stuff you used that way. Force-quitting used to reset you to pre-mission status.

I'm pretty sure abandoning returns anything you've used.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Is attack up XL worth getting even with SnS? I've made myself a Monoblos set without really thinking about it.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

God, the small monsters in this game are the loving worst. I was about to sleep bomb an azure rathalos when a konchu rolled from across the area and woke him up.

gently caress YOU KONCHU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

In the HR caravan quests Seregios has really perfected the art of turning up precisely when he's not wanted. I'm about to go to town on a tripped azure rathalos? HI SEREGIOS! I've just knocked Brachy out of his frenzy after much pain and suffering ? HOWDY SARGE!

Seriously, whenever I'm about to get the upper hand on a monster temporarily he turns up and cockblocks me.

And next up is a frenzied Deviljho :gonk:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I got a Daora Gem in my first fight with him - cool!

Then I fought Akantor and got 3 gems - one from the carve, one from the quest rewards, and the other from the subquest rewards.

:shepface:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Everyone should wear full Mono gear and get Attack Up XL. When the quest is over (quickly) everyone can crouch and pretend to be bulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

The story is simply there to give some structure to the hunting. The character dialogue on the other hand is brilliant and I wish there was a place in the menu where it was all collected so I could read it again.

• Locked thread