Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I'm getting back into Shin Megami Tensei IV after dropping it for a while. I kinda want to do the chaos route because I think Jonathan is lame. That`s pretty much my only argument. :buddy:

I can't watch conversations between those two without this guy popping into my head.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

That sounds more like your fault for not owning it on both. Same with not reserving a new 3ds xl when you already new it was gonna own.

I see what you did there.

But you can't blame him on the latter, since approximately 10% of people who preordered a Nu3ds have actually gotten one.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

DisposableHero posted:

Anyone else get their shipping notice from best buy Friday (and order status says shipped) but the tracking number just shows "order processed ready for ups" still after a couple days? I wasn't expecting it Monday or whatever but it's odd to me that the tracking hasn't updated at all.

You're ahead of the game. Most of us still show the "preparing order" bit.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

80 hours to finally beat Bravely Default. Jesus, that last boss fight :stare:

I pulled out the BD card, stuck in FE:A, and I was about to switch it on when a little voice inside of me went, you just played 80 hours of Bravely Default, and now you're about to start an even longer RPG?

So now I'm playing Mario Golf. :cheers:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Awakening is nowhere near as long as Bravely Default

Well that's good to know, although I'll be more of a completionist than not. I don't try to 100% games, but side quests definitely. I was just going based on the year-end stats for the last couple of years where it seemed like everyone had 100+ hours in FE:A.

In any case, so far Mario Golf rules and I made the correct choice imo.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

How DARE you flip something for profit! Suffer the wrath of goons :argh:

I sold my MM LE as well, giving me a free Monhun N3DS

You are dead to me.

I've never scalped a thing in my entire life and I'm still waiting for my legitimately-ordered MM 3DS to even ship. :smith:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

THANK YOU JESUS :holy:

Best Buy posted:

Good news! The item(s) listed below were shipped on February 16, 2015, and will be arriving soon.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Red Robin Hood posted:

The left is my old XL the right is my NEW XL.

This story cannot be told without telling us the conclusion :ohdear:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

io_burn posted:

What's loving fascinating about this system transfer stuff is we're presumably a community filled with people who know how to do things like read and use a computer. I can't imagine some know-nothing parent being able to deal with this poo poo.

If anything, know-nothing parents are better at RTFM than the average goon. In reality, the system transfer stuff is really well-documented on Nintendo's site. It even has an idiot-proof self-guided FAQ for every specific upgrade path.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

The STEAM demo is so long. I'm still playing it. I hope there was some error and I accidentally got the full game because this is the most fun I've ever had with turn based strategy or whatever the hell it's called.

Wait, what? It's just two stages, I thought. The first being a 3-parter, of course. I've beaten everything twice and gotten all the gears and did them below the min # of turns. Does more open up if you keep playing?

So, my 3DS apparently shipped next-day air, due today. The problem is, the city is loving frozen over and nobody is at work. Time to test UPS' resolve... :ohdear:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

New thread title right there

Goons Practicing Screwing. Wear latex gloves to stop the slippage or shorter gaming sessions.

Edit: and to make up for the loss of SYSTEM TRANSFER in the thread title, please update the OP to fill at least one screen's length with the following url.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...system-transfer
TIA

Fryhtaning fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 17, 2015

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

flyboi posted:

The gloves were a joke :rolleyes:

NO REALLY :newlol:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

They'll probably be unique files. NFC chips have a pathetically tiny amount of space as is.

I wonder if anyone has implanted the NFC chip from their Amiibo into their wrist yet. This is Japan we're talking about.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

When's the next event where Nintendo will announce it's next batch of games. Maybe there will be something exciting that makes me watch to jump. Now it's just vague promises of a new fire emblem.

I play a lot of 3DS and I pretty much have 2015 spoken for with what I already have and know for sure are coming out this year. I'm even discovering that I love some games I never expected to like. The 3DS library is absolutely loaded right now.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ptarmigans posted:

You probably just got a bit of oil on it from your hand, try using a soft clean cotton cloth slightly dampened with water to clean it, then use a dry portion of the same cloth to wipe it dry.

And wear latex gloves

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Hey guys I've got a que.... whoa

:yikes:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

My n3DS order from Best Buy's been shipped, but the shipping seems to be delayed because of inclement weather. gently caress this storm.

02/18/2015 5:49 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
02/18/2015 4:54 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day

And it was overnighted early on the 16th from one state away :argh:

All we got was like, an inch of snow and some ice. Do couriers completely shut down for the winter in the northeast or something?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

greatn posted:

People are stealing codes from club Nintendo? God drat it, I better spend the rest of my coins before Nintendo has to shut the whole thing down.

I thought they were banning accounts that were clearly exploiting the codes?

Edit: and in any case, I wish they'd announce the platinum rewards so that I know which game to buy with my coins

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Jadaris posted:

You can just run the exploit on a throwaway account, then redeem and sell the codes to legit accounts. That's what that entire subreddit is.

Fuckers better not ruin it for the rest of us. I turned my house upside down searching for codes, and even bought a few games I had been holding off on to barely get up to 705 coins.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

12 more Curtain Call songs :shepspends:

Seiken Densetsu 3 - Swivel (BMS)
Nier - Kainé / Salvation (FMS)
Legend of Mana - Echoes of the Spiral (FMS)
Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme (BMS)
SaGa Frontier 2 - Misgestalt (BMS)
Final Fantasy IX - Vamo' alla flamenco (BMS)
Nier - Song of the Ancients/Devola (FMS)
Live A Live - Megalomania (BMS)
Romancing SaGa 2 - The Ultimate Confrontation (BMS)
Romancing SaGa - The Conflict (BMS)
Final Fantasy XIV - Nemesis (BMS)
Final Fantasy V - The Dawn Warriors (BMS)

And Kirby's Adventure Wii on the Wii U eShop, this is a bad day for my wallet.

God dammit, I want some more classic XI.

Legend of Mana and Chrono Trigger songs are instant buys for me, in any case. :retrogames:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

I'm so happy I could cry

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I found a new 3DS today and picked it up. Question about the system transfer: I only have the one charger (NINTENDOOO :argh:), if my old 3DSXL was on a full charge and I have the new one plugged in, will the system transfer finish before the old 3ds runs out of juice? I have to go back to work in a few minutes so I can't be here to swap cables.

The transfer is fairly interactive at times, so I'd wait til you get home again. Just charge up the new one for now since it arrived at a half charge at best.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

noirstronaut posted:

Well, you'll need to transfer the stuff over and you'll need a MicroSD reader, an SD card reader, and then a #0 screw to open your new XL to get the MicroSD out.

Speaking of, the screw part was laughably easy. I was sweating it with popping off the cover though. It did not feel very sturdy at all.

Ciaphas posted:

I was led to understand that after the System Transfer was done I'd get the option to redownload my games, and my saves would be waiting and ready. :confused:

You'll need to transfer your SD card since you chose licenses only. If you have a regular SD card in your old one, you'll need to use a PC to copy from that card to the new micro.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

raditts posted:

Hey, now that it's been a few months and the hype has died down, do people still like Fantasy Life? I'm still kind of interested in getting it and it sounds like the kind of game my wife would love since she's bonkers for Harvest Moon, but chatter about that game has dropped straight to zero around here.

What about Story of Seasons? It's coming out pretty soon, although I don't know how hyped up it is. Apparently it's the "real" Harvest Moon, even though it is no longer allowed to call itself Harvest Moon :iiam:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I am loving the poo poo out of my N3DS. Since I never had the system I always figured Fire Emblem: Awakening was a standard JRPG (of which I'm not into that genre) so I downloaded the demo because everyone says how good it is and wow was I wrong. I picked the full version up today and it's amazing. It's like Advance Wars with a fantasy setting, cool story and deeper strategy. Good poo poo.

Wait, this is your first exposure to FE? Have you been living under a rock, son? Wait til you find out that the formula hasn't changed a whole lot from when the series was on the DS, GBA, Wii, Gamecube...

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Awakening is most people's first exposure to FE

I'm genuinely interested in why you believe so. FE has been mainstream since the GC and GBA, so that would be similar to saying that Smash Bros on the Wii U is most people's first exposure to SSB. Am I really that old?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ragequit posted:

I'm the same. I am still waiting for a new grid tactics game where I have a handful of characters that have changing jobs with large skillsets, status effects, etc., rather than FE where it's pick a weapon or spell or two to whittle down the enemy on boring battlefields.

It really is depressing that :downswords: :downs: :newlol: :newfap: games like Candy Crush are the ones making a killing these days while we we're living in a decline of good strategy games like FFT, FE, and Advance Wars. At least SMT and EO are still going, but even the next EO is dumbed-down. I don't know if what that says about the future of gaming or what that says about the intelligence of people these days is sadder.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's in-between. It has a mode where you play as your Mii and can walk around the club and talk to NPCs/buy gear. It's not nearly as in-depth as the older ones but it's still fun. The game itself is awesome and worth just for the online tournaments.

Online play is worthless because there are people who eagle literally 75% of holes. That's a hole in one on all but one or two par 3s out of the whole 18 holes. I'm already a +9 handicap and I've gotten one hole-in-one ever, and never an eagle on a par 4.

I don't even see how it's possible unless you can max all the stats. But so far after 40 coins the gear doesn't seem any better than most of the stuff at the beginning.

Still a fun as hell game. Online play is just the last reason on the list IMO.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

vita.txt

See, Sony were actually being clever by not releasing any games for the Vita so that they could show off just how good the battery life is while it's in sleep mode.

One big question though - is the Vita using a radio while in sleep mode? Pretty sure my 3DS has gone a week with the wifi off.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Ragequit posted:

Yes, the goon tournaments were lots of fun. I haven't played in awhile, but would absolutely be up for some goofy rule tournaments if more people pick it up in the Best Buy sale.

Are the private tournaments just like the public ones in how they're played? Ok, that's pretty sweet. Is there a thread for that?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

This is 100% not true for EO4.

I fully completed the game with just a single party (only switching out one character when I got bored with having a Medic).

I had 3 unique parties saved, but each party was only different by 1 or 2 slots. Two full parties would have been nuts.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

precision posted:

He's in Orlando, it's almost certainly stolen goods. Or a very, very, very stupid person.

"Or"?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

have you tried putting the new card in the 3DS via an adapter? Are you sure the filesystem is arranged the exact same way as before?

Pretty much this. A couple of folders get uniquely named for the console.

Make a backup (Jesus, you cut and pasted each time? :stare: ) of the files on your computer, format whatever card is going into the 3DS, boot up the card in the 3DS so it gets initialized, then shut it down and plug it into your PC.

Then, figure out which folder has a different name, and drop in everything below from your backup into that folder. I remember having to do something like that when I upgraded my o3DS from its original SD card to my 32gig one.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

OK now you might be onto something.

(Also the reason I cut and paste is because it's 100x faster for some reason)

Anyway there is a Nintendo 3DS folder on my SD card. In there, there are three folders. One says private, the other two are random characters/numbers. Is there only supposed to be one or something?

Yup, it's the randomly-named folder that is unique. Not sure what the private folder is - I'd just copy and paste whatever's in there as well. Just check to see if that one also has some kind of autogen folders inside of it.

e: and just to clarify, let the 3DS generate that code on a fresh card before you copy the contents from the old autogen folder first

Gutcruncher posted:

Go to eshop, ensure your purchases are there, wipe card, bite the bullet and begin downloading

You barbarian.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

This is America, where a "small" drink is 24oz. Get used to it. Nobody wants your silly babby 3DS here. :fsmug:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Hey Square please stop everything you're doing and give me Final Fantasy Tactics. Thanks!

It's been "coming" to Android for like, 2 years now

:negative:

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Healbot posted:

Look at this scrublord getting damaged by the endboss. :smug:

As a fellow abuser of the Spiritmaster/Swordmaster combo, I wonder how the hell that fight is beatable with anything but. So. Many. Stages to the fight.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

epitasis posted:

Hey uhh is there any good way to get black shards in Theatrhythm Curtain Call? I don't even want dumb Sephiroth I just want to have all the characters unlocked. From googling it seems like the only reliable way is to trade maps with somebody on Gamefaqs in 2014. Anyone have a quest map with a bunch of black shards I can snag? Thanks~

I don't think any have "a bunch", more like one or two, and you can find them often enough on your own. Just keep beating high level maps and you'll find new ones, sometimes even from a song rather than the boss. Use the airship to speed through the bullshit maps if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

Guys guys guys, I'm on the tram on my way to work and the guy next to me is playing 3DS.

It's an OG model though, not a New.

Did you whip it out and make him jealous?